Author Topic: Walking Dead season finale...opinions?  (Read 40639 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Walking Dead season finale...opinions?
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2012, 10:30:55 PM »
I watched Boondock Saints this weekend.  Didn't know Darryl was in it.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/runDTCFansite/news/?a=67242

Walking Dead Star Norman Reedus says A Third Boondock Saints Film is in the Works!

"I’m in L.A right now," Reedus said. "I’m meeting with Sean [Patrick Flanery] and Troy [Duffy] tonight. I just landed a couple hours ago and tonight I’m going over to Troy’s house with Sean. It’s definitely in the works. Look for it. It’s gonna be crazy."

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2012, 01:06:31 PM »
Tdog.

Which walking dead character are you: http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/which-character-are-you
Im Rick apparently, I dont know how I feel about that...I think I would probably a little more cold hearted put in similar situations.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2012, 02:32:35 PM »
Dale?!?!

R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2012, 03:23:53 PM »

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2012, 06:35:08 AM »
HAAAHAHAHA

>:(
Looks like "casualty" is a possibility so at least I didn't get that :-[
R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2012, 06:27:10 PM »
>:(
Looks like "casualty" is a possibility so at least I didn't get that :-[
LOL what choices do you have to make to be a "casualty"?

well you could be T-Dawg Im pretty sure he is going to get knocked off next season.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2012, 12:20:03 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=67567

THE WALKING DEAD Webisodes Are Returning Oct. 1.

It's now confirmed that AMC will be releasing webisodes prior to the start of the third season of The Walking Dead.

On Oct. 1st, the first of four five-minute eps will reveal a new group of characters with actor Daniel Roebuck(Lost) in one of the key roles.

Cold Storage tells the story of a young man, Chase (played by Josh Stewart), trying to reach his sister in the early days of the zombie apocalypse. He finds temporary shelter in a storage facility run by a former employee named B.J. (Roebuck); however, things are not what they appear.

Fans of the show will recall that Season 2's 'prequel' webisdoes told the story of the 'bicycle girl' Rick encountered in the memorable Season 1 premiere episode.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2012, 11:43:18 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_walking_dead/news/?a=67866

AMC Dissing Dish for Dumping THE WALKING DEAD

The Walking Dead Season 3 premiere is Oct. 14 at 9pm on AMC. But DISH subscribers won't get to watch the most popular show on basic cable.

AMC is helping DISH subscribers find a new television provider so they can watch the upcoming season. More info at PutZombiesBack.com

Galactus Insert: As a Dish subscriber myself, this news almost made me dump my contract, but I'm also an Amazon Prime member and can watch it on there. I did that for this season's Breaking Bad as well. Just another option if you are not able to switch TV providers at the moment.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2012, 07:32:50 AM »
webisdoes told the story of the 'bicycle girl' Rick encountered in the memorable Season 1 premiere episode.

I don't remember the bicycle girl?
R

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2012, 07:38:04 PM »
I don't remember the bicycle girl?

I think she was the zombie torso on the grass. I found the webisodes under video on the amc site. Since I never watched them before I will check to be sure.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2012, 05:19:09 PM »
I think she was the zombie torso on the grass. I found the webisodes under video on the amc site. Since I never watched them before I will check to be sure.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead
yea she was, the webisode basically tells you how she got there.

I never knew these existed but Ill be looking forward to the new ones.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2012, 11:01:22 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=68369

First Clip From Season Three Of THE WALKING DEAD; "Seed"

AMC have released the first minute long clip from next week's season premiere of The Walking Dead as Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and the rest of survivors plan a strategy for the coming weeks.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2012, 06:32:25 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=68406

Norman Reedus Talks About Playing THE WALKING DEAD's Bad-Ass, 'Daryl Dixon'

Thanks to our friends over at Digital Spy, we have the following interview with The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus. The actor plays crossbow wielding bad-ass 'Daryl Dixon', an original character created specifically for the show. Below are a few key excerpts, but be sure to click on the link at the bottom of the page to read the interview in full. The Walking Dead returns to AMC on Sunday, October 14th.

On Taking On A Larger Role In Season Three:

Well, I've kind of stepped up in certain areas, so there is more for me to do. Shane (Jon Bernthal) left last year and he was a big part of the storyline - we have a lot of new characters, it's sort of spreading out. I don't want to give anything away, but I've sort of become Rick's right hand man in a way, so I'm doing a lot of physical stuff.

On Playing The Most Bad-Ass Character On Television:

It's a blast - I run around shooting zombies in the brain all day, it's pretty exciting! I like playing him, as emotionally immature as he is. He's sort of like a little kid in a lot of ways. He is figuring out how to deal with people and situations for the first time. Even if there wasn't a zombie apocalypse, I don't know he'd be hanging out with many people - he's a man of few words!

On The Prison:

Well, we find the prison and when Rick sees it, he kind of imagines this whole grand idea. It's kind of like Club Med to us, a place where you can sleep easy at night. But the prison... you can sleep there and nobody can get in and it keeps you safe from walkers, but first you have to clear it out. There's a whole bunch of episodes a lot about that - we're finding people in the prison and all these things happen. It's nice for us, but the problem is that other people think the same thing!

On David Morrissey's Take On Iconic Villain, 'The Governor':

He's got a very commanding energy to him. He's quite the charmer, David Morrissey, but he has this evil behind his eyes - the way that he's playing this character and how they're writing him... it's interesting. He's not a one-dimensional guy. You look at the comic and people were going, 'You need this person to play this part and this person to play that part', but I think David is just the exact right person for this job because he has this martyr syndrome at the same time that he's twisting his moustache, so to speak. But he's a very interesting guy, he's super-charming. I've met his wife and his kids and I love the whole family... I want to move in!

On The Return Of 'Merle Dixon':

There's a lot of talk about this right now. He's going to come back and he's going to come back pissed. He's going to want revenge. But where do Daryl's loyalties lie? There's going to be a lot of conflict and Michael Rooker is such a fun actor - he's so over-the-top, in the best possible way. He's such a bad guy! When I first found out he was my brother, I was so excited.

On The Freedom The Not Being A Character From The Comic Books Give Him:

I always tease [comic creator] Robert Kirkman about putting me into the comic book; it may happen, you never know. But I like not having a guideline. When I started this show, I never really had any conversations with Frank [Darabont] about Daryl. Frank created this character and he just sort of let me run with it. I had all these little subtle things that I tried to do from the beginning that showed that he had all this damage inside of him. I'm very grateful to the people who picked up on it; the fans pick up on all these little things. These little things are turning into storylines - it's nice that you can plant these little seeds as you go along and sometimes they turn into trees.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2012, 09:14:22 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=68597

David Morrissey Talks More About His Role As 'The Governor' In THE WALKING DEAD

Talking to Digital Spy, British actor David Morrissey has talked more about making his debut as 'The Governor' in the highly anticipated third season of The Walking Dead. Below are a few highlights from their chat with the man who looks set to make Rick Grimes' life a hell this year, but be sure to click on the link at the bottom of the page to read the interview in full. What are you most looking forward to seeing this season?

On Exactly How Much Research He Did Before And After Nabbing The Role:

When they offered me the role, they said, 'Look at the comics,' but what Robert Kirkman asked me to do was read his novel, which is called 'Rise of the Governor', and before anything else I read that. I loved that - I thought that was a great piece of work and it gave me a lot to work with. I avoided the comics for a bit actually. I obviously saw the look of the Governor from the comic, but the first script came in and I liked what they were doing. Then I read the comic and it was very different, the thing about the Governor in the comic is that he's a fully-formed person and what we do with him in the TV series is... he's not as fully formed when he arrives and then we work on him from then on.

On Whether He Feels Any Pressure Bringing Such An Iconic Character To Life:

I guess so, but I feel pressure with any character I play whether there is anticipation about it or not. I've done interpretive parts before, in Dickens, with 'Our Mutual Friend', I played Bradley Headstone and people have great ideas about him. And there was South Riding and Red Riding in fact as well - there's a series of books that people have great ideas about. Even characters that aren't from any adaptations, I feel great pressure and the Governor is no different - I always put pressure on myself.

On Whether He's Worried About The Character Being Seen As One-Dimensional:

I think that's a concern about any character whether they are good, bad or whatever. You want to bring layers to any character that you play. Particularly in a series; we're doing 16 episodes here, so you have to find different notes for him. For me particularly I would be bored stiff if there were just one note I had to play. The writers are aware of that as well and they're really bringing in different levels to the character. I'm really happy with the material I'm being given and I certainly don't feel bored by the challenges they are laying at me. Hopefully he will be very complex.

On What It's Been Like To Work On The Prison Set:

It's a great set; I've worked with that designer before... it's a man called Grace Walker who did the Mad Max films, an Australian guy. I did a film called The Reaping with him down in Louisiana. He's an amazing designer - a lot of the time as an actor what you're doing is filling in the parts that [the production crew] can't do, but there's none of that with Grace. He really covers all the angles and it means we can do the long-running shots because his set has no gaps in it. He's a wonderful, wonderful designer.

On How He's Coping With The Violence And Zombie Action:

Yeah, there's a lot of it and one thing I love about this show is it treats its subject matter very seriously. I think that it's a show about survival and humanity and what human beings will put themselves through in order to survive. I think the danger has to feel very real to pull that off and on this show, the danger is very real. I think that's what makes it so brilliant.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2012, 03:57:32 PM »
Watched the webisodes, thanks Gregz.
Marathon on now....and then...
Tomorrow  :D
R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2012, 07:55:01 PM »
i can't wait

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2012, 11:29:17 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=68638

Sarah Wayne Callies On Racking Up More Kills As 'Lori Grimes' In THE WALKING DEAD

In a lengthy chat with our friends over at Digital Spy, Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break) has talked more about reprising her role as 'Lori Grimes' in the highly anticipated third season of The Walking Dead. The actions of character over the past two seasons have divided fans, but with Shane now out of the way and a baby on the way, things promise to become even more interesting (and complicated) for her and Rick. Check out some highlights below, and be sure to click on the link at the bottom of the page to read the interview in full.

On Exactly How Much Time Has Passed Since The Season Two Finale:

I'm not actually supposed to talk about where we exactly pick up but the threads we left hanging at the end of the season we pick right back up at the start. We start fraying them into little tiny pieces again.

On How It Feels To Move From Hershel's Farm To The Prison:

Yeah, there was a day towards the end of the second season when Andy and I were sitting next to each other on rocking chairs on the porch at Hershel's farm while they set up the scene. You're watching the sun go down over the fields and all of a sudden it hit me and I turned to him and I said, 'Andy, next year we're in jail!' And we both simultaneously half wept and half laughed because that farm was so good to us, it was so beautiful and I think it was a really interesting counterpoint to the hideousness of the world that they're in. The prison, then, is sort of the opposite. There's nothing poetic about it. It's a very literal place and it's also a heavy-handed metaphor for the ways in which our security requires us to be our own captives, which is to say, we lock ourselves in at the end of every night, like the way you kennel a dog. It's given this show, even just aesthetically, a completely different character from last season because the colour values are different, the air is different, there's not as much sunlight and that kind of thing. It's an incredibly bold departure, I think, from seasons 1 and 2.

On Her Favourite Moment In Season Three So Far:

At this point, my favourite moment happens between Rick and Lori at the end of the second episode. In season 3, Rick and Lori have really lost each other, profoundly and they are both trying to find a way to summon the courage to reach their hand across the gap and bridge that divide. At the end of the second episode is the first tentative hint of that attempt to reach one another.

On How The Show Will Handle Lori's Pregnancy And The Reaction Of The Other Characters:

I think Lori's quite anxious. I think Lori, in some ways, thinks she has the reverse of the Midas touch. Everything that she touched in the last season turned to s**t, pardon my French! When it comes to the pregnancy, she is very anxious that none of the people who have become her new family, extended family, not just of Rick and Carl but also of Hershel and Beth and Glen and Carol, that none of the people in this new family put themselves at risk because of her pregnancy. Either because she is less capable or because they want to make sure that she gets the best food. I think she feels unworthy of special treatment. I think she is very keen to do as much as she possibly can so that no-one makes any sacrifices for her.

On Whether We'll See Lori Take On More Of The Undead:

I do rack up a couple of kills, which is nice. What we've discovered is this is no longer a world where some people are the fighters and some people are the homemakers. Lori and Andrea have this argument basically about whether or not Andrea should be working to help Lori and the other people who are doing the cooking and cleaning and craving a community or whether Andrea should be out with the people with the guns. And I think what we see in the third season is that that division has broken down. Everyone now has to be able to protect and defend, to forage and so that's Lori, Carol and Beth every bit as much as it is Daryl, T-Dog and Rick.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2012, 11:19:19 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheAlexLynch/news/?a=68703

The Making Of THE WALKING DEAD Season 3 Premiere

[CONTAINS SPOILERS]. Want to learn some secrets behind the creation of the new The Walking Dead premiere? AMC has just uploaded this great featurette exploring the creation of the season 3 premiere of The Walking Dead, which just finished airing.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2012, 07:59:25 PM »
The season premiere is online for a limited time.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/episode-301-the-walking-dead

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2012, 12:31:37 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=68706

New Season 3 Promo & Sneak Peek For THE WALKING DEAD S3E02: "Sick"

Carol (Melissa Suzanne McBride) attempts to aid a wounded member of Rick's group in this sneak peek from the next episode of AMC's The Walking Dead.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2012, 06:19:22 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=68768

Meet The Prisoners In Sneak Peek #2 For THE WALKING DEAD S3E02: "Sick"

At the end of the season three premiere Rick and his group were surprised to find out they were not the only survivors in the prison. Hit the jump to see a clip from next week's episode of AMC's hit television series, The Walking Dead.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2012, 10:23:20 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=68882

THE WALKING DEAD: Rick Explains Life Beyond The Walls To The Prisoners

Check out a brief clip for next week's episode of The Walking Dead that involves Rick painting a grim description of the world that exists beyond the prison, to the newly discovered inmates.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheAlexLynch/news/?a=69046

THE WALKING DEAD S3 E03 Promo; "Walk With Me"

Next week on The Walking Dead, Andrea and Michonne continue their journey for survival but run in to unexpected obstacles, The Governor and his town of Woodbury also take center stage, check out the preview right here!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2012, 09:25:16 PM »
For those who didn't notice earlier tonight:

AMC is back on DISH channel 131!  ;D