Author Topic: Old Men Strength.  (Read 24643 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Old Men Strength.
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 11:42:25 AM »
someone here talks like he's an multiple olympic gold medalist  ::)

Yes, that's me. What's your point?

I am not in the Olympics because there is no powerlifting in the Olympics. You perhaps do not know the difference. However, I do have some powerlifting titles to my name. And very soon to have some records, as well.

Concerning my knowing something, why, yes, I do know some stuff, unlike you and a few of your friends on this here board.

You follow me around like a bitch and make extremely weak attacks with, what, pictures? (And on that point, you kind of creep me out searching around online for my image.) Whether I am handsome, ugly, "fat" ... whatever, makes little difference to a guy like me. A guy who competes, sets new PRs, doesn't use drugs, and has a degree of intellect and education you clearly do not.

I have once again owned you.

It will be interesting to see if your modest brain can allow you to avoid this kind of embarrassment yet again. Somehow I think it cannot. You'll say something again in a lame attempt to "get the upper hand" and ... again, fail, miserably.

You are not my equal in any regard: strength, intellect, education, experience, or kindness.

Maybe you're good looking. I certainly hope you are. What else ya got going for ya?

Poor fucker.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 11:42:35 AM »
As a competitive 42-year-old powerlifter, I am my own proof.

I am on no performance-enhancer drugs (just creatine and caffeine) and recently won a meet in a decisive fashion and continue to build strength at an alarming rate.

Next year I will officially squat 700 in an IPF-type federation totally drug-free and totally raw (belt only).
Go for it man!!

Good luck!

Cashfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 11:43:01 AM »
I've always read that men reach peak natural muscle mass mid to late 30's.  I've found that Im naturally stronger now than I was as a younger man, even without ego lifting.  The only thing I've noticed that has declined is my recovery time.  I would say an untrained man at 40 is stronger than an untrained man at 18 and I bet it isn't even close.  This '18 is your peak' bullshit has to stop.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 11:43:37 AM »
when does posting strength peak?  Fortress just exploded with an uncontested 10 in a row.  :o

;D
"

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 11:44:10 AM »
Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing? -lol

People age differently.  Some guys manage to produce higher levels of T later in life, some don't.  Just because you still feel like Atlas in the gym doesn't mean everyone does.

To your single point, disagreeing.

Concerning your latter statement, fair enough.

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 11:44:56 AM »

I am not in the Olympics because there is no powerlifting in the Olympics. You perhaps do not know the difference. However, I do have some powerliftint titles to my name. And very soon to have some records, as well.

Concerning my knowing something, why, yes, I do know some stuff, unlike you and a few of your friends on this here board.

You follow me around like a bitch and make extremely weak attacks with, what, pictures? And on that point, you kind of creep me out searching around online for my image. Whether I am handsome, ugly, "fat ... whatever, make little difference to a guy like me. A guy who competes, sets new PRs, doesn't use drugs, and has a degree of intellect and education you clearly do not.

It will be interesting to see if your modest brain can allow you to avoid this kind of embarrassment yet again. Somehow I think it cannot. You'll say something again in a lame attempt to "get the upper hand" and ... again fail, miserably.

You are not my equal in any regard: strength, intellect, education, experience, or kindness.

Maybe you're good looking. I certainly hope you are. What else ya got going for ya?

Poor fucker.

Voland post pictures of women shitting on guys' dicks. He's a degenerate nuff said

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2012, 11:45:40 AM »

I am not in the Olympics because there is no powerlifting in the Olympics. You perhaps do not know the difference. However, I do have some powerliftint titles to my name. And very soon to have some records, as well.

You follow me around like a bitch and make extremely weak attacks with, what, pictures? And on that point, you kind of creep me out searching around online for my image. Whether I am handsome, ugly, "fat ... whatever, make little difference to a guy like me. A guy who competes, sets new PRs, doesn't use drugs, and has a degree of intellect and education you clearly do not.

It will be interesting to see if your modest brain can allow you to avoid this kind of embarrassment yet again. Somehow I think it cannot. You'll say something again in a lame attempt to "get the upper hand" and ... again fail, miserably.

Poor fucker.

don't worry, it's never too late for a mid-life crisis  :)
"

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2012, 11:46:08 AM »
when does posting strength peak?  Fortress just exploded with an uncontested 10 in a row.  :o

;D

Lol

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2012, 11:48:22 AM »

Go for it man!!

Good luck!

Thanks, brother. Much appreciated.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2012, 11:49:29 AM »

;D

Perhaps it is my natural aggression level that allows me to continue to smash my own PRs, year after year.

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2012, 11:50:07 AM »

I am not in the Olympics because there is no powerlifting in the Olympics. You perhaps do not know the difference. However, I do have some powerliftint   ;D :D titles to my name. And very soon to have some records, as well.

Poor fucker.

you should, you're twice my age. powerlifting is an excuse of a sport.
You like lifting weights? go the the olympics, proof your dedication and knowledge.
You like handling weights? do strongman.
You don't look like an athlete either. So whats you point.
Powerlifting is a joke there are like 200 federations. Anyone can have a title.
To me you're just a douche lifting in workboots (oh boy...too bad ass to use regular footwear  ::))

Boundary Breaker

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2012, 11:51:09 AM »
don't worry, it's never too late for a mid-life crisis  :)

Too busy becoming better, but thanks.

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2012, 11:51:13 AM »
Voland post pictures of women shitting on guys' dicks. He's a degenerate nuff said

i'd do it in a heartbeat if the inquisitors didn't remove it  :D
Boundary Breaker

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2012, 11:52:05 AM »

;D

must be posting from his phone while taking 25min rest between sets.  ;D
Boundary Breaker

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 11:53:28 AM »

you should, you're twice my age. powerlifting is an excuse of a sport.
You like lifting weights? go the the olympics, proof your dedication and knowledge.
You like handling weights? do strongman.
You don't look like an athlete either. So whats you point.
Powerlifting is a joke there are like 200 federations. Anyone can have a title.
To me you're just a douche lifting in workboots (oh boy...too bad ass to use regular footwear  ::))

Weak, buddy. Weak.

But you do know I used to squat in workboots, so we clearly have met.

Guess I made you feel so inferior you now go at me on the computer.

A real man.

I will not dignify you with any more responses.

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »
Weak, buddy. Weak.

But you do know I used to squat in workboots, so we clearly have met.

Guess I made you feel so inferior you now go at me on the computer.

A real man.

I will not dignify you with any more responses.

you do? lol
I didn't know. But thats what powerlifters do. And other tools like branch. They are hardcore sobs  ::)
Boundary Breaker

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 12:11:34 PM »
This is total bullshit. 

A mans physical peak is in his early-mid 20's.  I've been training since I was 18... now I'm close to 50, so I've experienced all of it.

Agreed, been training since 13, now near 50, strongest at 27-30, easily 225 on the bench for 20 reps with feet up on the bench, now............ don't even want to say. Never used anything stronger than a protein shake, body weight nearly unchanged, body composition well that's another story.
 :-[

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 12:16:02 PM »
Agreed, been training since 13, now near 50, strongest at 27-30, easily 225 on the bench for 20 reps with feet up on the bench, now............ don't even want to say. Never used anything stronger than a protein shake, body weight nearly unchanged, body composition well that's another story.
 :-[

So you're just an inferior male, physiologically.

Bodyweight unchanged is a dead giveaway.

Maybe you just don't train properly. Too much horseshit and not enough detailed strength training. You likely do trad. Western-style hypertrophy training.

But I am not trying to be a jerk.

Best of luck to you.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 12:50:12 PM »
So you're just an inferior male, physiologically.

Bodyweight unchanged is a dead giveaway.

Maybe you just don't train properly. Too much horseshit and not enough detailed strength training. You likely do trad. Western-style hypertrophy training.

But I am not trying to be a jerk.

Best of luck to you.

Apparently you don't have to try to be a jerk, you just are. Not sure why you feel the need to attack, likely because it is easy to do behind a keyboard.
I was trying to help, but, some are beyond that.
I don't need luck, you need more than that.
Perhaps we should compare our knowledge of the human body and performance?? Where did you attend med school? Residency and Fellowship??
If you believe what I said not to be true in the vast majority of the male population, well then, you should be educated, remember, ignorance is not a crime.
Sometimes it is better to let people wonder if you know what you are doing by keeping you mouth shut, when you open it, you remove all doubt that you in fact do not know much.

Cashfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »
Most Getbiggers recieve our medical degree's at birth.  Medicine is just something we dabble in to keep current and pass the time between marathon fuck sessions with supermodels and A list actresses.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »
I've always read that men reach peak natural muscle mass mid to late 30's.  I've found that Im naturally stronger now than I was as a younger man, even without ego lifting.  The only thing I've noticed that has declined is my recovery time.  I would say an untrained man at 40 is stronger than an untrained man at 18 and I bet it isn't even close.  This '18 is your peak' bullshit has to stop.
Very good post.....I have to agree with you.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2012, 01:19:36 PM »
Most Getbiggers recieve our medical degree's at birth.  Medicine is just something we dabble in to keep current and pass the time between marathon fuck sessions with supermodels and A list actresses.
EXACTLY !  :D

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2012, 01:23:40 PM »

and rich milfs.
Boundary Breaker

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2012, 01:32:58 PM »
Uh ... what the? ... Actually, the attribute of absolute strength DOES survive, and possibly thrive, much longer than most other physical athletic attributes.

Cardio becomes better? You truly know very little for a know-it-all.  ::)

Things like lateral (and general) foot speed, explosiveness (as said), etc. all diminsh rapidly after 30, but like said, absolute strength keeps on keeping on ... especially for those who train and engage in resistance work.

Most of the top powerlifters who last, find themseleves ridiculously strong well into their 40s and 50s.

Olympic lifters, not so much. But as detailed, there are many other attributes other than absolute strength to consider in weightlifting: extreme fleixibility, extreme explosiveness, co-ordination, etc.

Get your facts straight before opening your piehole, friend. Geez.  
smm most of the time is full of shit....
but this time he is telling some truth...
physical peak for a male is somewhere between early twenties up to late twenties..... with some early 30's... very individual...
but pure raw strenght???
look at strongmen contests... a lot of dudes are well into there 30's and go on to be top dogs well into their 40's....
and please no drug comments.... every strength athelete is on drugs.... when they are 20 or 40 .... they are all on drugs....
and btw, my grandfather still crushes my hand when i give him a handshake... lol... at 83 years old....  ;D ;D ;D
Be Happy,
Optimus

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2012, 01:34:30 PM »
Apparently you don't have to try to be a jerk, you just are. Not sure why you feel the need to attack, likely because it is easy to do behind a keyboard.
I was trying to help, but, some are beyond that.
I don't need luck, you need more than that.
Perhaps we should compare our knowledge of the human body and performance?? Where did you attend med school? Residency and Fellowship??
If you believe what I said not to be true in the vast majority of the male population, well then, you should be educated, remember, ignorance is not a crime.
Sometimes it is better to let people wonder if you know what you are doing by keeping you mouth shut, when you open it, you remove all doubt that you in fact do not know much.

Easy, fella. I truly wasn't trying to be a dick (but I can see how I come across this way from time to time).

You certainly have more formal biology, etc. training than do I. To this there is no question. I'm out of my league.

So, yes, sorry.

Cool?