Author Topic: Regarding myself and cancer  (Read 44164 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Bob chick cancer
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2012, 07:05:36 PM »
Great to hear, Bob. We're pulling for ya.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2012, 07:13:07 PM »
How exactly did you get your prostate tested?

Blood work I presume?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2012, 07:28:28 PM »
How exactly did you get your prostate tested?

Blood work I presume?

Routine PSA test...urine sample, blood.  results should be as close to 0.0 as possible.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2012, 07:33:23 PM »
I guess anything is possible...but the bottom line is this...if it did accelerate  the prostate cancer, then it probably saved my life, as my fathers fate was to be mine....my battle with this was much easier and detected early on, as opposed to having to deal with it at a older age.

fuck me bob

that must be the stupidest thing you have said so far, and believe me you have said plenty

beyond everything else that is absurd in that statement,  dont you know that the older you are the slower mitosis/cell replication occurs and so the slower your cancer spreads

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2012, 07:41:24 PM »
fuck me bob

that must be the stupidest thing you have said so far, and believe me you have said plenty

beyond everything else that is absurd in that statement,  dont you know that the older you are the slower mitosis/cell replication occurs and so the slower your cancer spreads

tell that to my father

there was nothing absurd about my statement, if you know what you're talking about.

It's purely a hypothetical at best, but if indeed my cancer was accelerated by my own doing, then it's quite possible that exposing it now has Led to an early treatment and much better prognosis of recovery...

The longer the cancer would have been present in my prostate, the more likely it would been to have spread outside of the prostate and into the vital organs and bone....THATS the difference

Stick to what you know, kid....

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »
Bob, if I sent you a hundred bucks, could you give me some steroids?

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2012, 08:21:26 PM »
Great news Bob and I'm happy for you and your family.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2012, 08:22:11 PM »
Routine PSA test...urine sample, blood.  results should be as close to 0.0 as possible.
Mine always tests 0.5.
T

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • IFBB PRO www.stevenamat.com
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2012, 10:28:30 PM »
Good to hear it! I wish the very best for u my friend!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2012, 10:41:11 PM »
actually, many docs advocate HRT as part of the therapy...I rule nothing out these days.

I've been on HRT for the better part of three years. When my doctor diagnosed my prostate cancer last January, he had me immediately stop the testosterone cypionate injections. Recently, I was advised to stop taking DHEA too.

Incidentally, I had another PSA in February as part of my annual physical exam. In one month after stopping the testosterone cypionate my PSA went from 9.7 to 6.1. I see my urologist in May. I will be scheduling the Da Vinci robotic prostatectomy then. I am anxious to see if my PSA continues to fall between now and then and what he has to say about this.

A couple of years ago, I had a cancerous growth on the bottom of my foot. Most of it was excised at the doctor's office to send to the lab for testing. What remained eventually disappeared and so the planned radiation was deemed unnecessary. That was a really weird situation which my doctors cannot explain to me.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2012, 12:18:22 AM »
Thats very very good to hear it. Bob. ;)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2012, 12:31:45 AM »
Great to know your well Bob.

EL PACIFICO!

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2012, 01:10:28 AM »
actually, many docs advocate HRT as part of the therapy...I rule nothing out these days.

say what?! I didn't read the whole thread, but I'd definitely say you aren't going to find many doctors recommending androgens for anyone with prostate cancer. Androgens fuel prostate cancer cell growth. That's why ANTI-androgens are a treatment for prostate cancer. Most docs would be reluctant to even recommend HRT in someone with low testosterone who has a history of prostate cancer. 

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2012, 01:20:34 AM »
I guess anything is possible...but the bottom line is this...if it did accelerate  the prostate cancer, then it probably saved my life, as my fathers fate was to be mine....my battle with this was much easier and detected early on, as opposed to having to deal with it at a older age.

Sorry to hear about the prostate CA, and I wish you all the best, but I'd say steroids absolutely accelerate prostate cancer, and you could just as easily argue that your prostate cancer may never have manisted itself clinically had you not used steroids. Many prostate cancers are indolent and there are patients we don't even recommend treatment for. With routine PSA screening and minus the steroids your cancer may have ultimately been discovered decades from now at a similarly low-risk stage, but you would have spared yourself all the potential side effects of treatment. Again, I truly wish you all the best, but I think this is one of those areas where steroids actually are bad.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2012, 03:38:01 AM »
say what?! I didn't read the whole thread, but I'd definitely say you aren't going to find many doctors recommending androgens for anyone with prostate cancer. Androgens fuel prostate cancer cell growth. That's why ANTI-androgens are a treatment for prostate cancer. Most docs would be reluctant to even recommend HRT in someone with low testosterone who has a history of prostate cancer. 

Perhaps you should read  it again...

I said POST surgery, not prior to or with the diagnoses of cancer...

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2012, 03:44:34 AM »
All the best to you Bob, ive had Relations who have had this (and have it) Nasty business all round thankfully you have caught it early cause ive seen first hand what happens to people close to you when you DON'T CATCH it early.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2012, 04:42:45 AM »
A pro BBer who i have the utmost respect for, never had a bad word to say about you and hope everything goes to plan. Heres to your health.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2012, 05:14:11 AM »
I mean the way we are living now plus medical science means that in 50 years when the average 40yr old is 90, the quality of life is going to be far greater.Theres even talk that there could be a way to reverse the aging process and live forever (assuming no accidents) within the next 50 years.

You been watchin 'The Island?"

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2012, 05:59:41 AM »
Pecan Pie at least once a week, preferably a few times a week will prevent Prostate Cancer.  True Story.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2012, 07:10:10 AM »

Time I get a check up. I'm 35 and haven't had one since.... HS maybe? :-\

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2012, 07:22:13 AM »
Time I get a check up. I'm 35 and haven't had one since.... HS maybe? :-\

Just say your prayers everyday and you should be fine.
from incomplete data

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2012, 07:50:06 AM »
Bob, u ever take finasteride when taking your test?

Finasteride has been linked to more aggressive prostate cancers...
you are gay.

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2012, 07:58:07 AM »

Actually, there are other opinions of the effect of TRT and prostate cancer. Right or wrong, this is an interesting article.

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2008/dec2008_Destroying-the-Myth-about-Testosterone-Replacement-Prostate-Cancer_01.htm

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2012, 08:37:05 AM »
Glad to hear the surgery went well.  Wishing you health, happiness and prosperity.

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2012, 08:38:23 AM »
are you going to cool down on the steroid abuse after this episode of health problems?