Author Topic: Regarding myself and cancer  (Read 44173 times)

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Bob chick cancer
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2012, 09:41:04 AM »
I've been on HRT for the better part of three years. When my doctor diagnosed my prostate cancer last January, he had me immediately stop the testosterone cypionate injections. Recently, I was advised to stop taking DHEA too.

Incidentally, I had another PSA in February as part of my annual physical exam. In one month after stopping the testosterone cypionate my PSA went from 9.7 to 6.1. I see my urologist in May. I will be scheduling the Da Vinci robotic prostatectomy then. I am anxious to see if my PSA continues to fall between now and then and what he has to say about this.

A couple of years ago, I had a cancerous growth on the bottom of my foot. Most of it was excised at the doctor's office to send to the lab for testing. What remained eventually disappeared and so the planned radiation was deemed unnecessary. That was a really weird situation which my doctors cannot explain to me.

That is good news Prime.  Thanks for the update.  Please if you feel compelled to do so, keep us informed, if you want.  I am pulling for you.

TEAM Nasser

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2012, 09:45:03 AM »
good shit Bob

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »
John Romano said you were dying.  :'(

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2012, 10:04:16 AM »
John Romano said you were dying.  :'(

In all seriousness can you STFU please?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2012, 10:31:18 AM »
That's right, let's hide the truth about steroids so the young kids on Getbig can grow up and have chemo and dialysis.

You are barking at the wrong tree fuckhead - I am probably the most anti steroids on this board and much disliked for airing my view.

The issue here is that the fucker is spreading lies about the personal life of other members of this boards, IF Bob would have cancer I am sure he wants to choose the time and date to tell the getbig community.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »
Tone down the profanity, small man. Pretend I'm standing in front of you and mind your manners.

::) another gimmick on the list

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2012, 12:02:32 PM »
what are the chances massive steroid  use for decades accelerated the development of a prostate cancer considering you were alrdy genetically prone to it?

I think is pretty well know about androgen's and the prostate. And jury is still out about HGH and predisposed illness's. But with HGH making things grow in the body, that can't be a good thing...

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2012, 03:47:49 PM »
tell that to my father

there was nothing absurd about my statement, if you know what you're talking about.

It's purely a hypothetical at best, but if indeed my cancer was accelerated by my own doing, then it's quite possible that exposing it now has Led to an early treatment and much better prognosis of recovery...

The longer the cancer would have been present in my prostate, the more likely it would been to have spread outside of the prostate and into the vital organs and bone....THATS the difference

Stick to what you know, kid....

So Bob what you are saying is that one should actually take cancerogenous substances to flush out all potential cancers as early as possible so that they can be treated early  ::)

I think you are confusing early diagnosis with early onset

Did you talk this over with your doctor and the medical profession. I think that is valuable info that may revolutionise preventative medicine.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2012, 03:50:41 PM »
That is good news Prime.  Thanks for the update.  Please if you feel compelled to do so, keep us informed, if you want.  I will pull on it for you.

fixed.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »
So Bob what you are saying is that one should actually take cancerogenous substances to flush out all potential cancers as early as possible so that they can be treated early  ::)

Did you talk this over with your doctor and the medical profession. I think that is valuable info that may revolutionise preventative medicine.

Haha

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2012, 12:02:49 AM »
Bob, u ever take finasteride when taking your test?

Finasteride has been linked to more aggressive prostate cancers...

Can you cite some studies which bear this theory out? I took Proscar and later the generic Finasteride for many years to treat benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). It was my understanding from my doctor that Finasteride, if anything, helped prevent prostate cancer. I stopped taking this medicine because I read that it also can cause ED. These days, I substitute Saw Palmetto instead.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2012, 12:13:42 AM »
How exactly did you get your prostate tested?

Blood work I presume?

There is the doctor's finger up your butt test, which most of us don't much care for. One's blood is tested for it's prostate specific androgen (PSA) levels. When they climb, that can indicate a problem. PSA tests are not absolute as many things can affect the results. However, a better test is not yet available. If the doctor suspects there is an issue, he will recommend you have a needle biopsy of the prostate. A dozen or more samples are taken from the prostate gland using a specialized tool which is inserted through the anus. This test is not fun! However, dying from prostate cancer would be worse.

I have had a total of four biopsies over the last ten years or so. All showed no prostate cancer until the last one. Prior to this last biopsy, I also did a specialized urine test which identifies cancer cells in one's urine. Mine tested positive for cancer.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2012, 12:17:06 AM »

LOL! :D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2012, 12:22:23 AM »
I guess anything is possible...but the bottom line is this...if it did accelerate  the prostate cancer, then it probably saved my life, as my fathers fate was to be mine....my battle with this was much easier and detected early on, as opposed to having to deal with it at a older age.

I concur with you on this. If I had not been on TRT and under a doctor's care, it is possible the prostate cancer would not have been detected as quickly and caught as early on as it was. Part of my TRT regime was twice yearly blood tests for PSA levels. It was the climbing PSA that led to a specialized urine test for cancer. When that came back positive, the doctor had me schedule a prostate biopsy. The rest is history....well almost, I am going to schedule the surgery next May.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2012, 12:24:01 AM »
it's been brought to my attention that there was a thread about me having colon cancer...not true.

While I don't share most of my private life for obvious reasons, I appreciate the concern from people in my well being

As most of you know, my father recently passed away ( Dec 26) from advanced prostate cancer...he was diagnosed  about 13 years ago

One year ago, I was diagnosed with the beginning stages of prostate cancer, and the Gleason score indicated it was pretty aggressive...just like my fathers.

My father elected to go the radiation route, as it was the newest treatment back then...obviously, it didn't work

My choice was fairly obvious, prostate removal, with the newest technology...divinci robot assisted radical prostatectomy...which I did.

Surgery was successful, I'm cancer free ( for now)....and a series of follow up PSA's will let us know if I remain cancer free...

I thank God I was able to heal quickly in order to help my father and family through  what would be, his last 6 months with us...

First PSA resulted in an undetectable score ( best case scenario)....I'm due for another one now....

All good boys....

great news.. inshaALLAH you will be fine forever..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2012, 12:28:10 AM »
LOL! :D

For folks who have prostate cancer, it is no laughing matter. Unfortuately, a lot of men never get tested for prostate cancer, although statistically one in six men will get it. The sooner it is detected the better one's chances of survival. So you just keep on laughing.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2012, 10:10:46 AM »
great news.. inshaALLAH you will be fine forever..

X2!
TEAM Nasser

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
Re: Bob Chick and cancer
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2012, 02:08:22 PM »
it's been brought to my attention that there was a thread about me having colon cancer...not true.

While I don't share most of my private life for obvious reasons, I appreciate the concern from people in my well being

As most of you know, my father recently passed away ( Dec 26) from advanced prostate cancer...he was diagnosed  about 13 years ago

One year ago, I was diagnosed with the beginning stages of prostate cancer, and the Gleason score indicated it was pretty aggressive...just like my fathers.

My father elected to go the radiation route, as it was the newest treatment back then...obviously, it didn't work

My choice was fairly obvious, prostate removal, with the newest technology...divinci robot assisted radical prostatectomy...which I did.

Surgery was successful, I'm cancer free ( for now)....and a series of follow up PSA's will let us know if I remain cancer free...

I thank God I was able to heal quickly in order to help my father and family through  what would be, his last 6 months with us...

First PSA resulted in an undetectable score ( best case scenario)....I'm due for another one now....

All good boys....

Good news Bob!
and keep moving!

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2012, 02:10:25 PM »
Glad to hear you are doing well Bob, and Prime I hope everything goes as well for you.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »
Can you cite some studies which bear this theory out? I took Proscar and later the generic Finasteride for many years to treat benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). It was my understanding from my doctor that Finasteride, if anything, helped prevent prostate cancer. I stopped taking this medicine because I read that it also can cause ED. These days, I substitute Saw Palmetto instead.

FDA Warns of High-Grade Prostate Ca Risk With BPH Drugs
By Emily P. Walker, Washington Correspondent, MedPage Today
Published: June 09, 2011

4 comment(s)

Take Posttest

WASHINGTON -- The FDA has issued a warning of an increased risk of high-grade prostate cancer with the 5-alpha reductase inhibitors finasteride (Proscar) and dutasteride (Avodart), currently approved to treat benign prostatic hypertrophy.

The agency announced Thursday that it has updated the Warnings and Precautions section of labels for the class of drugs -- which includes branded products Propecia and Jalyn under which finasteride and dutasteride are marketed for other indications -- to reflect the increased risk.

"This risk appears to be low, but healthcare professionals should be aware of this safety information, and weigh the known benefits against the potential risks when deciding to start or continue treatment with 5-ARIs in men," the agency wrote in its safety announcement.

Avodart, Jalyn, and Proscar are approved to treat symptoms of an enlarged prostate. Propecia, at a 1-mg dose, is approved to treat hair loss in men.

The announcement follows the FDA's Oncologic Drugs Advisory Committee's vote of 17-0 in December that GlaxoSmithKline's dutasteride and Merck's finasteride should not be used to prevent prostate cancer because the drugs are linked to a higher incidence of high-grade tumors.

GlaxoSmithKline was seeking to expand dutasteride's indication to include reducing the risk of prostate cancer in men who have had a prior negative biopsy and who have an elevated PSA.

Merck hadn't been seeking an expanded indication, but the company wanted to update the label of finasteride to detail positive results of the Prostate Cancer Prevention Trial (PCPT), which demonstrated the drug's chemopreventive potential.

Although the 5-alpha reductase inhibitors were shown to prevent low-risk cancers better than placebo, two large clinical trials painted a disturbing link between both drugs and an increased incidence of higher-risk prostate cancers.

Taken together, data from the trials -- the PCPT and the Reduction by Dutasteride of Prostate Cancer Events (REDUCE) trial -- showed the 5-alpha reductase inhibitors both provided a statistically significant reduction in the cumulative incidence of prostate cancer after four years (REDUCE) and seven years (PCPT) of treatment with dutasteride and finasteride, respectively.

But both trials also found an unexpected increase in the incidence of high-grade prostate cancers among men receiving the 5-alpha reductase inhibitors.

In the REDUCE trial, 29 high-grade tumors were found among patients being treated with dutasteride compared with 19 in the placebo group.

In the PCPT, there was a 26% decrease in all prostate cancers but an absolute increase of 1.3% in the incidence of high-grade tumors.

According to an FDA statistician who spoke at the December advisory committee meeting, if 200 men are treated with the drugs, it is expected that there will be one additional tumor with a Gleason score of 8 to 10.

How to handle low-grade prostate cancer is controversial in the urology community, in part because it is unknown if the low-grade tumors would ever develop into high-grade tumors, and also because the method used to originally detect prostate cancer -- the PSA test -- is inexact.

About five million men received a prescription for a 5-ARI between 2002 and 2009, according to the FDA.

you are gay.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2012, 04:49:56 AM »
Bob lost his prostrate and still isn't against all these damned drugs in bodybuilding. What kind of athletes rep is this? What kind of human being is this? This sport stinks so bad it is embarrassing and sad.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2012, 05:07:08 AM »
Bob lost his prostrate and still isn't against all these damned drugs in bodybuilding. What kind of athletes rep is this? What kind of human being is this? This sport stinks so bad it is embarrassing and sad.

You only read what you want to read, silly cunt   ::)
Now please go back to Ironage and stay there, thx

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2012, 05:13:34 AM »
Best wishes Bob  :)

w8m8

« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2012, 05:22:45 AM »

I thank God I was able to heal quickly in order to help my father and family through  what would be, his last 6 months with us...

All good boys.... and girls

Best wishes for good results in your next test and continued good health

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2012, 05:57:36 AM »
Best wishes for good results in your next test and continued good health

Just curious, I read 'rustig' under your avatar, are you Dutch?