Author Topic: Insane Arnold pic: Baddest Motherf**ker of All-Time!  (Read 38577 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Insane Arnold pic: Baddest Motherf**ker of All-Time!
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 10:39:27 AM »

Here is a photoshopped photo of Arnold.... designed to illustrate what Arnold probably would've looked like if he competed today and had access to the drugs that are available now which weren't available in his time:

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 10:46:40 AM »

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 12:55:13 PM »
You prove a second time you are not made to hold a discussion with an average human being. Do you know you can directly copy the url link of the photo and paste it without recording it in your computer?
By the way I'm not sure, English is not my native language, but did you call you "tard" yourself? ???

You sound like Eric Cartman trying to explain why a picture of him with Butter's dick in his mouth isn't gay. 
Come at me Bro!

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 01:00:10 PM »
Here is a photoshopped photo of Arnold.... designed to illustrate what Arnold probably would've looked like if he competed today and had access to the drugs that are available now which weren't available in his time:

they forgot to shop his waist to pregnant mode

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 01:07:20 PM »
Arnold had large hips and massive obliques in most contests. Considering he was maybe the biggest drug abuser of his generation, their is no doubt he would have had the same mentality if he competed 30 years later. He was lucky to have a great line at his time as drugs couldn't allow his gut and his waist growing. But the fact is that if he had competed during Coleman's area he would have been more predisposed to destroy his line than Ronnie himself who started his career with a small waist and large clavicles. Add the fact he had more weak body-parts like shoulders or legs, he would have had a much more unbalanced physique than you think.
Arnold was just lucky to compete during a period where drugs only sublimate your physique without adding bad visible effects like gh gut, balonie etc... but I'm sure his career would have been totally different with a current drug protocol and against more genetically gifted guys than him...

Remember that, the first goal of every people on the world who train is gaining muscle. The main objective of the bodybuilder is to be bigger than yesterday and skinnier than tomorrow, that's why you pump your muscles everyday. This is how Arnold was thinking in his time and this how he would have thought if he would have competed today.
ronnie wide clavicles???? lol..... sure... ::) ::) ::)
ronnnie is awesome but he is not very wide at all..... sure his mass made up for it... but he did not have wide clavicles... wide clavicles is what Dennis James have, Dennis Wolf, Chis Cormier..... totally different look then coleman....

sure arnold did not have the narrowest hips or waist... but it was all in proportion to his delt width.... so really a mute point....
i can remember a mr Olympia with a waist wayyy worse.......  ;)
Arnold on todays regime would look like a better Gunther....he was a smart man, so he would take care of his midsection....
but yeah he would have a gut.... like all do today ... some just hide it better then others...
but arnold would be very , very competitive! do not be mistaken! would have the best Arms, Chest, on stage....
also he had calves... legs were ok.... very complete.... 
Be Happy,
Optimus

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 01:09:09 PM »
why did you download that pic to your computer?

don't be so harsh and the guy...maybe he just drew it. :-X
Boundary Breaker

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 01:11:13 PM »
there's still some contemporary bbers like david hoffmann that have good size and a narrow waist

i can't help but think you can get pretty big with proper use of gh/slin while avoiding the gut to some degree

seems to me like IFBB pros lately just eat whatever the fuck they want and use any and every drug they can get with no logical thought process involved

another thing that i personally feel ruined bodybuilding is all the tanning shit going on, they look like bloated red pieces of meat. back in arnold's day you'd just hit the beach when you needed to tan

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, 01:12:22 PM »
Arnold's chest is still unmatched today!

IMHO

david94

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 01:50:48 PM »
ronnie wide clavicles???? lol..... sure... ::) ::) ::)
ronnnie is awesome but he is not very wide at all..... sure his mass made up for it... but he did not have wide clavicles... wide clavicles is what Dennis James have, Dennis Wolf, Chis Cormier..... totally different look then coleman....

sure arnold did not have the narrowest hips or waist... but it was all in proportion to his delt width.... so really a mute point....
i can remember a mr Olympia with a waist wayyy worse.......  ;)
Arnold on todays regime would look like a better Gunther....he was a smart man, so he would take care of his midsection....
but yeah he would have a gut.... like all do today ... some just hide it better then others...
but arnold would be very , very competitive! do not be mistaken! would have the best Arms, Chest, on stage....
also he had calves... legs were ok.... very complete.... 

Ronnie has larger clavicle than average people so he can be considered as a "large" person even if his big waist makes him narrower sometimes.
For the rest, you just prove yourself I'm right when I say people idealize too much how Arnold would be great with today's drugs. Yes, he would be a better version than Gunther, which means it's not even sure he would have won an Olympia.
Back in the days, mass was by far the main criteria to choose the winner contrary to what people think. Today, the winner is not always the biggest on stage, he is the guy who has the best body-parts. Arnold would be the biggest but he would have too much weak points in comparison to guys like Green, Heath, Coleman, Flex...

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 02:21:18 PM »
Ronnie has larger clavicle than average people so he can be considered as a "large" person even if his big waist makes him narrower sometimes.
For the rest, you just prove yourself I'm right when I say people idealize too much how Arnold would be great with today's drugs. Yes, he would be a better version than Gunther, which means it's not even sure he would have won an Olympia.
Back in the days, mass was by far the main criteria to choose the winner contrary to what people think. Today, the winner is not always the biggest on stage, he is the guy who has the best body-parts. Arnold would be the biggest but he would have too much weak points in comparison to guys like Green, Heath, Coleman, Flex...

not true at all, look at the posedown here in the 99 mr o, ronnie coleman's shoulder width is not any wider than flex wheeler, who is like the crowned poster boy for narrow clavicles. same with kevin levrone. ronnie has average clavicular width at best, he just knew how to cover it up with his mass but it started to show in his later years when the gut got big and muscles started to shrink.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2012, 02:26:23 PM »
I dont understand the argument raised continuously of Arnold having weak legs, his calves were outstanding and his quads were proportionate. 40 years ago nobody - NOBODY - had mammoth quads as it wasn't deemed necessary. His cuts and size were perfect for the physique he displayed during his time, but as with everything times change and now we have drugs enabling mediocre competitors to display 30"+ quads at sub 5 ft 10. Coleman in the 70's would be nothing near what he was in the 00's and Arnold would have been a completely different specimen competing today. Champions of evolution, but know this for certain: without Arnold there wouldnt have been a Ronnie Coleman, 8* Mr Olympia.

jakesonyou

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, 02:47:01 PM »
Arnold is the second greatest bodybuilder of all time according to the official list.  He is only second to Dorian "The GOAT" Yates.

Arnold put bodybuilding in the spotlight with his charm and charisma.  He is was and still is a big influence for me!

Arnold's physique was perfect.  Excellent quads and great calves.  One of the best chests.  Tall like myself, so you just dwarf over all the small guys.  Amazing biceps with a peak.  Fantastic midsection.  One of the best posers.

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, 03:29:43 PM »
Dorian Yates looks like a blocky turd.  He had a great back and his conditioning was amazing but he looked like total shit.  He was also a boring douche who did nothing to get people into the sport.  I'd even argue that he helped to kill the sport and turn it into the queer freakshow it is today.  He was one of the guys that ushered in the era of size and conditioning being more important than aesthetics and presentation.  Some GOAT.  Furthermore, there is no OFFICIAL list because it is a subjective sport.  Any moron can make a list.  It doesn't mean anything.
Come at me Bro!

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 03:40:50 PM »
they forgot to shop his waist to pregnant mode

Now that they literally photo-shop Arnold photos on mag covers, I don't fully trust most of these photos.  You'd have to scan the mag page. 

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, 03:56:26 PM »
Behold and tremble in fear before Arnold.  The tree that walks like a man.....

no one  could best him

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2012, 04:03:47 PM »

you are rambling bro...
ronnie does NOT have wide clavicles.... he was known for his ridiculous mass... and good frame.. not for width....
go look at Dennis James, Dennis Wolf... Chris Cormier THAT is what wide clavicles look like.. completely different look...
and arnold more weak points then flex??? please... flex looked good up until he started oiling up.... and he had the width of a fitness contestant.... flex had no calves... no width, very average back... and quite frankly got lost when competing with the big boys... he was a small dude ... period...
arnold had NO real weak points... period.... legs were good for when he competed... had symmetry, proportions.. mass... calves... all there....
and about being a better Gunther... who was the only one to beat ronnie during his reign???? yeah Gunther.... and he is top 5 olympia.... so a better version of Gunter would do what???? yep... WIN!

Arnold = the GOAT!!!! period!!
Be Happy,
Optimus

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2012, 04:40:12 PM »
Arnold's chest is still unmatched today!

IMHO
truth....I also agree, his chest is unmatched....the best of all time, perfect from top to bottom, wide, thick and full....the best chest of any bodybuilder past or present. 

david94

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2012, 05:42:06 PM »
you are rambling bro...
ronnie does NOT have wide clavicles.... he was known for his ridiculous mass... and good frame.. not for width....
go look at Dennis James, Dennis Wolf... Chris Cormier THAT is what wide clavicles look like.. completely different look...
and arnold more weak points then flex??? please... flex looked good up until he started oiling up.... and he had the width of a fitness contestant.... flex had no calves... no width, very average back... and quite frankly got lost when competing with the big boys... he was a small dude ... period...
arnold had NO real weak points... period.... legs were good for when he competed... had symmetry, proportions.. mass... calves... all there....
and about being a better Gunther... who was the only one to beat ronnie during his reign???? yeah Gunther.... and he is top 5 olympia.... so a better version of Gunter would do what???? yep... WIN!

Arnold = the GOAT!!!! period!!

Ok, maybe Ronnie is not a wide guy.
But sorry Arnold said himself Flex was the best bodybuilder of all time at the Arnold classic 93. Each body-part of Flex was a strong point except chest who is not so bad. Flex didn't win any Olympia cause of his lack of dedication, not cause of his genetic.  A dwarf like Shawn Ray almost won twice against Dorian so you don't even imagine how many titles Flex would have won if he was always on. And let me laughing when you say Flex had an average back lol I won't develop. ::)
And yes, Arnold's needed just a little bit more legs to match his upper body, but that's not the main problem. You had bbers with more pleasant muscularity during the 70's like Sergio Oliva, Serge Nubret, or Robby Robinson. You have even guys who think Oliva was a better bber than Arnold or Serge Nubret should have won in 75 (I disagree in both cases). The only thing Arnold had against them was his mass. 20 or 30 years later, there are more guys who combined mass with pleasant muscularity like Ronnie, Levrone, Phil Heath, Flex... Even Dexter would have a chance against a modern Arnold considering he has beaten a lot of mass monsters during his whole career.

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2012, 06:35:52 PM »
Ok, maybe Ronnie is not a wide guy.
But sorry Arnold said himself Flex was the best bodybuilder of all time at the Arnold classic 93. Each body-part of Flex was a strong point except chest who is not so bad. Flex didn't win any Olympia cause of his lack of dedication, not cause of his genetic.  A dwarf like Shawn Ray almost won twice against Dorian so you don't even imagine how many titles Flex would have won if he was always on. And let me laughing when you say Flex had an average back lol I won't develop. ::)
And yes, Arnold's needed just a little bit more legs to match his upper body, but that's not the main problem. You had bbers with more pleasant muscularity during the 70's like Sergio Oliva, Serge Nubret, or Robby Robinson. You have even guys who think Oliva was a better bber than Arnold or Serge Nubret should have won in 75 (I disagree in both cases). The only thing Arnold had against them was his mass. 20 or 30 years later, there are more guys who combined mass with pleasant muscularity like Ronnie, Levrone, Phil Heath, Flex... Even Dexter would have a chance against a modern Arnold considering he has beaten a lot of mass monsters during his whole career.
flex had detail in his back.... but when standing next to the big boys he simply got lost....
flex was good... but not great... i like levrone a lot better.... flex in his last years was all oil! very obvious... and he was very narrow... and i think a bb should be wide!
oliva was not on arnolds level.. he always was smooth.... nubret was good but lacked the sheer mass.... and did you see his toothpicks??? in that era nobody had very big legs.... arnolds were among the best in that era.. period!

and about jean almost winning from doz.... lol.. yeah almost  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
jean looked like a little kneegrow asking if he could shine dorian his shoes.... lol!
dorian was above the rest.. even with a torn arm....

about flex...he did not win an olympia because there were better bb around...he had his change when dorian retired.... but lost to ronnie... why? because ronnie was better... period!
Be Happy,
Optimus

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2012, 06:44:04 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the word "IF".  I didn't intend this to be a debate about what might have been. I'd prefer to focus on what was and what is. 

With that being said, I will add that I think people who sit back and say Arnold's legs should have been bigger are mistaken.  Throughout his career his legs were more that big enough and more than defined enough for the standard of that time.  Some people look at things through a modern lens.  Today's standard is for bodybuilders to have obscenely large legs (and stomachs for that matter).  I hate it and I think it makes bodybuilders all look fat and blocky even when they are at super low bodyfat levels.  As much as I dislike it, that is the standard of today.  Fine.  But........That was not the standard in the 70's and to judge Arnold by this new standard is pantently insane. 

Come at me Bro!

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2012, 06:45:29 PM »

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2012, 06:48:21 PM »

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2012, 06:49:43 PM »

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2012, 06:50:50 PM »

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2012, 06:53:01 PM »
ronnie is as wide as cormier, or wider, adnhis waste is small