Author Topic: My dog passed away! :(  (Read 18924 times)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Re: My dog passed away! :(
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2012, 01:57:20 PM »
"one of the best living beings I have ever loved"

pretty good phrasing. if you love a living being doesn't really matter what it is IMO

i had a dog that i grew up with basically, who had to go. that was easily one of the worst things in my life and we hoped for recovery but in the end you have to draw the line with dogs, sadly

knowing that you did the right thing and ended total suffering is a small consolation but it something at least

and that you're not alone in these feelings and remember to accept that it can take some time to recover.

take care

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2012, 02:08:17 PM »
A fraternity brother made fun of me for being so upset about my dog.  I knocked him out cold.

j_mtl

• Getbig II
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »
Sry to hear budd, my condolences and always remember the good times u guys had...my best pal died when he was 16.5 years old, every time i remember him i have a tear in my eye and a smile in my face for the memories are so deep and joyfull.

Hang in there bud, all the best.

Jonny34

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2012, 04:07:47 PM »
Very sorry to hear Dustin.  :'(

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2012, 04:27:31 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, fellas. Just logged in to post one last picture. It was the last picture I took of him.

That's a very sad pic Dustin.  :-[

Sorry for your loss brother.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2012, 04:37:13 PM »
Sorry to hear this dustin.

It's hard to put an animal down, but sometimes it must be done.

My lab was full of cancer and went very similar to the way your dog did; he couldn't even stand up. It was rough putting him down after 16 faithful years.

Take care bro.

8)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2012, 05:04:09 PM »
He actually joked that because my dog was a female, that it was my first piece of ass.

He met his first piece of fist.

Hopefully when he woke up you knocked him the fuck out again....one for you, one for you dog.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2012, 01:21:35 AM »
Sorry to hear about this. I have pictures of my black lab from when I was growing up right here on my desk.

But... what was that crap about drowning kittens? Tell me that wasn't true?!
and keep moving!

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2012, 02:10:22 AM »
Sorry to hear man - I've had many dogs and it always upsets me when they die.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2012, 05:18:28 AM »
Sorry to hear.

What did he die from?

dustin

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2012, 04:15:02 PM »
I appreciate the kind words again, guys. They think Buddy had tumors on his kidneys and/or liver and they burst, spreading blood into his abdomen and lungs. I feel consumed with guilt because I'm afraid I might have hit him too hard in the side and might have been the one to rupture something. I always rough house with my pets but I've never hit them on the level one would consider abuse, and I always thought I was careful not to play with him too aggressively because of his age and declining health.

Maybe I just have too much on my mind because I know people can blame themselves when they grieve, but I don't know what to think. My wife's been crying uncontrollably so I've been trying to calm my mind and be supportive for her. I thought I loved Buddy, but damn, my wife was IN love with the poor old mutt. It tears my heart out to see my wife collapse in tears. But I'm doing what I can to be strong and take care of my family. We sure loved that stinky old pooch.

I came on here because I just got a text from my brother too. He said my mom called from the hospital because my stepdad might have cancer and something's seriously fucked up with his health. There's a tumor on his kidneys and possibly his liver. She works at the hospital so thankfully we should get preferential treatment and really quick test results. I don't know what to make of it. I have no idea what tests they're doing or when to expect to hear back. Just sitting tight and hoping for the best.

My stepdad has drank a lot of beer in his life time and he's had gout and other health issues. Nothing major or anything, and he's young as shit (he's only turning 45 in May) so this is fucked up. My mom was visiting me on Sunday because my exchange students wanted to cook this week's Sunday dinner but she peaced out early. My aunt and grandma-in-law were with her and she whispered in my ear that she was sorry for leaving, but my stepdad was pissing blood at home and she needed to check up on him. I thought she just meant there were specs of blood but nothing serious. She never contacted me until now so I don't know... so much shit going on.

Hope you guys can spare some more good vibes for my stepdad. I've never had more respect for anyone in my life than probably this man. He's the one person in my life I've tried to mould myself after, so any good qualities you guys have seen from me are just things I've learned from him. Thanks for letting me vent.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2012, 04:16:00 PM »
Prayers and good vibes your way Dustin. I hope everything works out. We miss you here.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2012, 04:20:17 PM »
Hoping everything goes well over here bud!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2012, 04:22:44 PM »
Dustin, get a new puppy man.  While Buddy can never be replaced, you will be able to hear Buddy's approval through your new puppy's barks.

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2012, 05:21:07 PM »
I appreciate the kind words again, guys. They think Buddy had tumors on his kidneys and/or liver and they burst, spreading blood into his abdomen and lungs. I feel consumed with guilt because I'm afraid I might have hit him too hard in the side and might have been the one to rupture something. I always rough house with my pets but I've never hit them on the level one would consider abuse, and I always thought I was careful not to play with him too aggressively because of his age and declining health.

Maybe I just have too much on my mind because I know people can blame themselves when they grieve, but I don't know what to think. My wife's been crying uncontrollably so I've been trying to calm my mind and be supportive for her. I thought I loved Buddy, but damn, my wife was IN love with the poor old mutt. It tears my heart out to see my wife collapse in tears. But I'm doing what I can to be strong and take care of my family. We sure loved that stinky old pooch.

Sorry for your loss man.

I know your pain all to well, as my bud of  11 and a half was put down just 3 weeks ago. I get choked up thinking about him. Still havent even put his bed away. Its so easy to feel guilt about the times I was  tough on him and I wonder if there was anything I could have done differntly that could have changed the outcome. But, when I reflect more, I realize the truth is my dog had a wonderful life and was loved, just as it's easy to see your guy had a great life too, all thanks to you.

Sending good vibes your way for your step dad.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2012, 05:25:08 PM »
Sorry to hear about your stepdad Dustin,I hope things work out for him and that he makes a full recovery.

Hang in bro!  ;)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss, feel better. I love dogs myself.
#

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2012, 08:23:27 PM »
Sorry for your loss man.

I know your pain all to well, as my bud of  11 and a half was put down just 3 weeks ago. I get choked up thinking about him. Still havent even put his bed away. Its so easy to feel guilt about the times I was  tough on him and I wonder if there was anything I could have done differntly that could have changed the outcome. But, when I reflect more, I realize the truth is my dog had a wonderful life and was loved, just as it's easy to see your guy had a great life too, all thanks to you.

Sending good vibes your way for your step dad.

I didnt move my dogs bowl for a month....didn't move the bed for the same amount of time.  In fact, the other dog I have actually rarely, if ever, slept in her bed when she was around...slept in her bed more frequently.  Choked me up to see that.

Hiitsmichael

• Getbig II
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2012, 08:26:50 PM »
Hey guys, I know there are a lot of dog lovers and I just wanted to share a bit about our heart breaking weekend. My best friend, Buddy, passed away just 6 weeks shy of his 13th birthday.

Friday night I accidentally left our back door open and heard our wiener dog down the road barking, so I ran outside to chase him. Our pit puppy was digging in the trash and Buddy sorrowfully wandered out from the dark forest with his head held down. I thought he got into the trash can too as he has a very shameful look when does something wrong, but he just looked very depressed and was coughing up lots of clear fluid. I stopped scolding him when I realized something was wrong and preyed that we'd wake up in the morning to a lively old poochy again. There was no scent of garbage on him and his head wouldn't lift off the floor even for some late night kibble.

Unfortunately when we woke up his condition deteriorated. He finally got up from his dog bed only to collapse against the hallway trying to get to his water dish. I lifted him back to his bed and we had attempted to stand him up for breakfast but he was glued to the floor. My heart was sinking. I fought back tears and thoughts creeping into my mind that things were taking a turn for the worst. He wouldn't eat kibble and wouldn't even touch a steak we tearfully cooked for him.

We were planning a family dinner at my mothers and figured we should really take Buddy as his life seemed to be slipping away at a fast pace. I drove slowly and my exchange students kept a watchful eye, but he became incontinent just before pulling into the driveway and the tears were even harder to hold back. We carefully lifted him out of the vehicle, cleaned him up and his legs quivered as he lost control of his bladder as well. When we brought him inside there was a lot of silence for minutes as my mom skimmed through the phone book to check for an emergency pet hospital to take him to. We knew it wasn't for a check up and that it would be to let our canine family member leave this life in peace. I went to the washroom to get some toilet paper and passed my aunt who couldn't stay in the kitchen anymore with the family when I came back. I couldn't fight and hold back my tears once I returned to the sight of my stepdad, a 230lb Canadian mountain man, petting Buddy with tears streaming down his face while trying to console him. That was the breaking point, seeing a man so physically strong reduced to tears as his family member, not a "pet", slipped away helplessly.

It was a bitter sweet situation that we had happened to have organized a big family dinner this weekend because all of my immediate family, save for my youngest brother, was able to make it to the veterinary hospital to be with Buddy as we euthanized him. The vet concluded that cancerous tumors and/or cysts had broken around his organs causing internal bleeding which had spread to his lungs causing a shortness of breath. They had quickly prepared an intravenous catheter to deliver pain medication as well as a room where we could say our goodbyes and comfort him as he passed on. When we gave the go-ahead, it was no more than 10 seconds before he was gone. I know that for some it would seem as though it's nothing more than an animal that we sheltered for our convoluted reasons and that it's irrational to grow so attached to an animal - for dog lovers there are no words to explain just how completely wrong that is. Buddy passed away peacefully at 6:10pm, March 24, 2012.

To pay respect, grieve, and to abstain from negativity I will be taking a leave from posting on Getbig. I don't mean to be a drama queen, but I don't want to pollute my mind with bullshit for a little while. It will be somewhat of a mental cleanse. I'll be back somewhere down the road if anyone cares. I'd like to share a few quick photos that bring a smile to my face as well. I'm pulling a hard drive out from an old computer to make sure I've retrieved every last image of him I could find. We thankfully have thousands of pictures of him, but they can only provide a marginal amount of comfort as he was the best dog and one of the best living beings I have ever loved. Best wishes to everyone here, even phaggots like Goodrum, but especially to those who are dog lovers as well. You guys understand how unimaginably special these creatures are. I still have two which I love with all my heart, and I can sense that they're aware of Buddy's passing as well. Dogs are very special creatures and I empathize with anyone who's had to endure the passing of their dog. If I ever truly become a man, it will have been through emulating the insurmountable compassion and love that Buddy showed to everyone he had met.

tl;dr version:
- dog died this weekend
- heart is absolutely fucking crushed :(

P.S. Mods, please don't move this thread. I threw down a front double bi's and a most muscular after taking a shower this morning and looked like a bag of smashed assholes. Now this thread is bodybuilding related. Cheers.
I can't even imagine the feeling, goodluck man. My condolences

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2012, 08:27:32 PM »
Hey guys, I know there are a lot of dog lovers and I just wanted to share a bit about our heart breaking weekend. My best friend, Buddy, passed away just 6 weeks shy of his 13th birthday.

Friday night I accidentally left our back door open and heard our wiener dog down the road barking, so I ran outside to chase him. Our pit puppy was digging in the trash and Buddy sorrowfully wandered out from the dark forest with his head held down. I thought he got into the trash can too as he has a very shameful look when does something wrong, but he just looked very depressed and was coughing up lots of clear fluid. I stopped scolding him when I realized something was wrong and preyed that we'd wake up in the morning to a lively old poochy again. There was no scent of garbage on him and his head wouldn't lift off the floor even for some late night kibble.

Unfortunately when we woke up his condition deteriorated. He finally got up from his dog bed only to collapse against the hallway trying to get to his water dish. I lifted him back to his bed and we had attempted to stand him up for breakfast but he was glued to the floor. My heart was sinking. I fought back tears and thoughts creeping into my mind that things were taking a turn for the worst. He wouldn't eat kibble and wouldn't even touch a steak we tearfully cooked for him.

We were planning a family dinner at my mothers and figured we should really take Buddy as his life seemed to be slipping away at a fast pace. I drove slowly and my exchange students kept a watchful eye, but he became incontinent just before pulling into the driveway and the tears were even harder to hold back. We carefully lifted him out of the vehicle, cleaned him up and his legs quivered as he lost control of his bladder as well. When we brought him inside there was a lot of silence for minutes as my mom skimmed through the phone book to check for an emergency pet hospital to take him to. We knew it wasn't for a check up and that it would be to let our canine family member leave this life in peace. I went to the washroom to get some toilet paper and passed my aunt who couldn't stay in the kitchen anymore with the family when I came back. I couldn't fight and hold back my tears once I returned to the sight of my stepdad, a 230lb Canadian mountain man, petting Buddy with tears streaming down his face while trying to console him. That was the breaking point, seeing a man so physically strong reduced to tears as his family member, not a "pet", slipped away helplessly.

It was a bitter sweet situation that we had happened to have organized a big family dinner this weekend because all of my immediate family, save for my youngest brother, was able to make it to the veterinary hospital to be with Buddy as we euthanized him. The vet concluded that cancerous tumors and/or cysts had broken around his organs causing internal bleeding which had spread to his lungs causing a shortness of breath. They had quickly prepared an intravenous catheter to deliver pain medication as well as a room where we could say our goodbyes and comfort him as he passed on. When we gave the go-ahead, it was no more than 10 seconds before he was gone. I know that for some it would seem as though it's nothing more than an animal that we sheltered for our convoluted reasons and that it's irrational to grow so attached to an animal - for dog lovers there are no words to explain just how completely wrong that is. Buddy passed away peacefully at 6:10pm, March 24, 2012.

To pay respect, grieve, and to abstain from negativity I will be taking a leave from posting on Getbig. I don't mean to be a drama queen, but I don't want to pollute my mind with bullshit for a little while. It will be somewhat of a mental cleanse. I'll be back somewhere down the road if anyone cares. I'd like to share a few quick photos that bring a smile to my face as well. I'm pulling a hard drive out from an old computer to make sure I've retrieved every last image of him I could find. We thankfully have thousands of pictures of him, but they can only provide a marginal amount of comfort as he was the best dog and one of the best living beings I have ever loved. Best wishes to everyone here, even phaggots like Goodrum, but especially to those who are dog lovers as well. You guys understand how unimaginably special these creatures are. I still have two which I love with all my heart, and I can sense that they're aware of Buddy's passing as well. Dogs are very special creatures and I empathize with anyone who's had to endure the passing of their dog. If I ever truly become a man, it will have been through emulating the insurmountable compassion and love that Buddy showed to everyone he had met.

tl;dr version:
- dog died this weekend
- heart is absolutely fucking crushed :(

P.S. Mods, please don't move this thread. I threw down a front double bi's and a most muscular after taking a shower this morning and looked like a bag of smashed assholes. Now this thread is bodybuilding related. Cheers.

dont know if you are a vegetarian but something to be considired , if you dont take a life from an animal maybe youll be able to keep a life of a new animal next time. The universe works in a weird karmatic way if you havent caught on by now
A

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2012, 06:20:38 AM »
dont know if you are a vegetarian but something to be considired , if you dont take a life from an animal maybe youll be able to keep a life of a new animal next time. The universe works in a weird karmatic way if you havent caught on by now

yeah and why dont you shut the fuck up you dumbfuck...have a little respect for the man and his painfull loss of his best friend....
?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2012, 06:32:01 AM »
both my dogs died in a six month span last year, they each lived 14 years. i was cryin like a bitch at the animal hospital when they got put to sleep, im still messed up over it and its been about a year now. theres a good poem on the internet called ( the rainbow bridge ) check it out
R

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2012, 06:38:42 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, fellas. Just logged in to post one last picture. It was the last picture I took of him.

Lucy kept trying to encourage Buddy to play Saturday morning, but when he couldn't get up you could literally see her heart breaking as she began cluing in on the situation. She's normally very vocal but just laid with him for his last few hours in silence. Ronnie could sense that something was wrong immediately and also stuck by his side.

They've been sleeping in our bedroom the last couple of nights and it's sad to see how it's affected them. Before we even had a chance to display emotions with our faces or body language, they were already very mellow and looked depressed when we came home. It is amazing to see how loving and intuitive they are, but it's also very heart breaking. Thankfully on both Saturday and Sunday we had massive family dinners, so it couldn't have been a better time for him to have passed. Lots of family and lots of support for each other. Thanks for your support too, guys.
Wow. Is it dusty in here, or what?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2012, 06:59:38 AM »
yeah and why dont you shut the fuck up you dumbfuck...have a little respect for the man and his painfull loss of his best friend....

Johnny's head looks better on a BBQ stick

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2012, 07:01:25 AM »
Johnny's head looks better on a BBQ stick

John's head looks better with a little tibetian munk treatment.... ;)
?