Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 18, 2014, 04:00:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Energy boost before workout..  (Read 2326 times)
BG27
« on: October 25, 2005, 09:08:43 AM »

Can someone recommend a good supplement to use before a workout.  I was taking NO-Xplode with good results but the 50$ it costs get old.  Looking for something like a fat burner for an energy boost.  Ive used SAN Tight and liked it but didnt know if there was anything better.. thx.
Report to moderator   Logged
Tubbs
Getbig IV

Getbigger!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 09:20:14 AM »

GAKIC Grin
MCat
Getbig II

I'm just sayin'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 09:24:31 AM »

ECA stack is the ultimate boost...Nothing beats it.  Except maybe meth

Dominated
Aido
Getbig II

Lift, Eat, Rest, Grow, Repeat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 09:38:30 AM »

Try training WITHOUT a supplement for a while.

Over reliance on supplements is just as bad as anything else my friend.
BG27
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 10:54:37 AM »

I dont doubt ive gotten used to the energy they give me.. I havent lifted in about 4-5 months because of a bad wrist injury... my endurance and energy levels are way way down not to mention I was working out with 225 and now im struggling with 155.  I have a few Atomic Fusion (eph HCL) pills left I can use up.
big E
Getbig III

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 01:21:49 PM »

best supp ive found that isnt ECA stack.......... lipo-6.......... hands down. No fatburner better besides ECA.

Thaiboxing,Bjj
BG27
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 02:00:39 PM »

Ive read about Lipo-6 but just figured it was another gimic fat burner.  Ill check it out.
wicknilly
Competitors
Getbig IV

built through sweat, but no tears

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 02:50:02 PM »

i just take 1-2 caffine pills and im wired for the workout
Blake
Getbig III

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 02:52:21 PM »

For energy I really like VPX Redline liquid.  It's the best product I've used next to VPX Clenbutrx.
Bear03
Getbig IV

back in the swing of things

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 04:33:53 PM »

I don't care for excessive stimulants.  My style is coffee first thing in the morning, BCAAs, Glutamine and Arginine and Aleve 30 minutes before, creatine, dextrose, and whey right before.  I always have energy, although sometimes i boot during squats, leg press, or deadlifts.

:-)
Ledd
Getbig III

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 06:02:48 PM »

I lift in the morning and  I have a big cup of coffee with yogurt.  Coffee does great.  Kinda makes me wonder if coffee does great for me and several others I know then how bad for your heart is ephedrine and those drug cocktails that jack you up so far?
Arnold jr
Getbig V

fleshandiron.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 12:03:40 AM »

Try training WITHOUT a supplement for a while.

Over reliance on supplements is just as bad as anything else my friend.
I agree.  I have gotten hooked on caffeine before I train, and the bad thing about it is that I have to continue to take more and more as time goes by.  Don't get me wrong, caffeine can be a great boost, but you don't want to get to the point where you are having to take 600-800-mg every workout.  I am in the process now of trying to ween myself off caffeine, and then i will go for a time and train without it.  Next time I will only use caffeine now and then.  I know that this is not really anything that serious, but when you are taking large amounts it can start to affect things such as sleep.
Aido
Getbig II

Lift, Eat, Rest, Grow, Repeat.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 01:07:47 AM »

Generally speaking i find that if I have no energy i just get in there and hit something like a drop set, kinda convince myself that at least i will get that done. By the time I'm through it the target muscle can be a bit drained but man, my energy is amped.

Ya gotta love adrenaline.
sean
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 01:05:53 PM »

Can someone recommend a good supplement to use before a workout.  I was taking NO-Xplode with good results but the 50$ it costs get old.  Looking for something like a fat burner for an energy boost.  Ive used SAN Tight and liked it but didnt know if there was anything better.. thx.

IDS Kranker Powder...works well and is inexpensive.
Mike
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 07:15:34 AM »

I dont doubt ive gotten used to the energy they give me.. I havent lifted in about 4-5 months because of a bad wrist injury... my endurance and energy levels are way way down not to mention I was working out with 225 and now im struggling with 155.  I have a few Atomic Fusion (eph HCL) pills left I can use up.

Don't believe the hype my man.  NoXpolde = crap.  If you like that stuff, see above thread about L-Arginine.

Buy some caffeine pills if you want a cheap fix,  $6 will get you 100 (try scifit brand).  If you want, add some Ephedrine HCL and you're set.

Redline is good but expensive. 

On a side note, I'm assuming the 225lb is for bench press?  You can still train a few body parts with a bad wrist, legs for one. 

More YouKnow/More YouGrow
mastover
Getbig II

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 02:09:19 PM »

Diesel Nutrition's READY 4WAR
DBall
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 07:15:11 PM »

methyl efx is better and cheaper than no-xplode.  one scoop of methyl-fx is the same as two scoops of no-xplode.  take 30 minutes before training.  be warned, it tastes horrible, but it works
Carmello
Getbig III

Believe it or not. Your choice.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 09:30:07 PM »

I love musclemilk mocha joe pre-workout. It's got a little caffeine, and chased with a vitamin E, it helps release the energy of the MCT's while u train. But if u don't like protein before training, then go with 17HD from Vyotech. I won't even comment. U just simply gotta try it.it's worth the money for energy, and gains.

CEA999
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!