Author Topic: Ab routine at home?  (Read 2954 times)

BG27

Ab routine at home?
« on: October 25, 2005, 02:07:20 PM »
I lift during lunch so I usualy dont have much time for ab work.. what would be best for at home?  Are there any ab machines that actually work?  I usualy do crunches or leg lifts.. I was thinking of investing in a slant board... gym gets so packed after work its hard to get on anything.  Thanks for any info!

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Ab routine at home?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 03:05:36 PM »
As Medford said, a ab wheel at Wal-Mart is a very good investment. It will hit the upper & lower ab wall, as well as the obliques. Some people will have trouble with their lower back on these because they extend all the way down to the floor (face almost touching), don't have to do that to get the full rewards from the ab wheel. Might want to spray some WD-40 (or whatever) on the inside of the wheel for a smoother action. Though some people think these are just toy's, they would be mistaken. Once you get use to the exercise, say 20 reps or so, you can start with your toes on a bench/chair. Can also start standing and bending over and doing something like a J Knife exercise. Good Luck.

BG27

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 05:13:16 PM »
I had thought of the ab wheel but figured Id get flamed form mentioning it lol.. now that I got your approval im off to walmart!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 05:51:34 PM »
The ab wheel is no joke.  It is a hard exercise and you feel it big time.  They have the double wheel ones are better built.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 06:35:01 PM »
I rigged a homemade ab wheel out of some old weider plastic dumbells I have. Works pretty good.
S

BG27

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 07:10:08 PM »
Ive heard of ppl using a barbell with weights on the end and rolling on that.. I guess you can pretty much use anything... so the double wheel rollers are better?  They are so cheap I dont mind spending little more for a better version.  I got a walmart, oshmans, and academy around me.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 11:46:42 AM »
Ive heard of ppl using a barbell with weights on the end and rolling on that.. I guess you can pretty much use anything... so the double wheel rollers are better?  They are so cheap I dont mind spending little more for a better version.  I got a walmart, oshmans, and academy around me.

i get better balance with the double wheel...i got mine at academy a few years ago.

8)

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 04:31:38 AM »
It's been said before, and I'll repeat it again. Watch out for our back. Start slowly en don't go all the way immediately.

Other usefull exercise,
hanging legraise, and gravityboots.

It doesn't need a very big investment, buy somewere a big strong bar,
and hang it somewhere between a door. Just make sure you the bar stucks good against the wall with some kind of construction.

I know, my English sucks  :P

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 12:56:43 PM »
i definetly agree, the ab wheel gives you and awesome workout.
I do sit-ups on  a slanted bench with plates on my chest, then go into the ab wheel
big or bust

g0ddang

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 01:14:14 PM »
agreed. ab wheel is awesome to have around.

unless you don't mind enduring the pain, i put pillows underneath my knees haha. yeah i'm  a b****h like that.