Author Topic: OK....what if the "END" really happened ??  (Read 20820 times)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: OK....what if the "END" really happened ??
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2012, 07:34:57 PM »
not many instances of the village idiot doing that

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2012, 08:38:21 PM »
tell me about ur time spent in mental insitutions shaymondo

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2012, 02:53:33 AM »
loot the local paki shop

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2012, 08:08:22 AM »
" immigrant kid from kazakhstan" , all people in america are immigrants

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2012, 09:39:35 AM »
" immigrant kid from kazakhstan" , all people in america are immigrants

not if u are born in the country ..... kinda makes sense right dummy ?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2012, 09:47:24 AM »
not many instances of the village idiot doing that

Hahaha - applylotion would be leading his people into a new Millennium of aids.

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2012, 10:02:52 AM »
not if u are born in the country ..... kinda makes sense right dummy ?
so if some dirty mexicans cross the border and the piglet is puked on american soil, he's an american, u dumb piece of fck

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2012, 10:25:20 AM »
what would you do if the world ended ?

um

youd be dead

how could you do anything at all ?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2012, 11:22:13 AM »
Argh!  :'(

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »
i would defend my community and just eventually take over and gain control

clannism/patriotism is mind control :D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2012, 09:46:09 PM »
The key is to only protect yourself. Be the last man standing. We are all sinners. So it doesn't matter. There's no need to defend anyone but yourself if the end comes and the shit hits the fan. You didn't come into the world with anyone, and your not going to leave it with anyone. Your bloodline is not a possession...If were taking your own kids/babies, then you do what you can to bring them along as long as possible. But in no way shape or form should you put their life ahead of yours. If you have the abilitly to outlive them, then you do it. The strong always survives.  ;)

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2012, 10:52:54 PM »
It's funny that there's nothing in life that says anything is going to get any better for humans. It's probably going to continually get worse. Who says that won't happen? what do you do when everything shuts down and you can't go to the grocery store to buy food or water? Lets just imagine water stops flowing from the taps. Then what are you going to do?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2012, 11:15:27 PM »
It's funny that there's nothing in life that says anything is going to get any better for humans. It's probably going to continually get worse. Who says that won't happen? what do you do when everything shuts down and you can't go to the grocery store to buy food or water? Lets just imagine water stops flowing from the taps. Then what are you going to do?

Civilization's infrastructure is pretty well entrenched.  I reckon the next notable mass death will be a quick pandemic, like the plague or spanish flu were.  (AIDS is too slow to count as a proper pandemic, although it will take its toll.  Something really nasty will come along, probably originating in China.)  Otherwise, a few of the long anticipated mushroom clouds will finally arrive as the resource panic feeds the war machine, but none of this would lead to blood in the still existing streets.  Economic collapse will lead to some panic but it would basically be a hiccup in the grand scheme.

Although Carlin was right that we're circling the drain as a species, people will form their little clans as they've always done, divide labor, etc.  "Every man for himself" doesn't seem to be in our nature, or at least it hasn't been successful enough for history to have taken note of that strategy.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2012, 12:45:47 AM »
I would seek out other get biggers, maybe we can build a survival camp, we can start over,

With any luck booty and will grant will survive so we can have some form of entertainment!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2012, 12:55:53 AM »
It would be the best thing that could happen to this God forsaken place.  Some needs to hitthe reset button.  This shit sucks...So much evil, and sadness.  There is good of course but resetting would be ideal...

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2012, 02:55:51 AM »

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2012, 02:10:58 PM »
I love apocalyptic films but good ones are hard to find.

Knowing (2009)  Nicolas Cage film about the end of the world
Last Night (1998)  a film about the last night of the world.
28 Days Later (2002) Not the end but a great zombie film
Night of the living Dead (1990) Not literally the end but a good zombie film

Those just popped into my head.  Any recommendations?

Terminator, Mad Max, Planet of the Apes and Matrix series *cough* :)

"Miracle Mile" is cheesy and cheap but not altogether terrible.  "The Book of Eli" is good, even if I can't help but to view it as Fallout 3: The Movie :)

Then you have your weather/comet/asteroid impact movies like "Armageddon," a.k.a. The Movie with the Most Countdowns in Modern Cinema a.k.a. the Movie with the Dumbest Premise Ever (shatter an asteroid the size of Texas with a couple of centrally buried nukes?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA), "Deep Impact," "2012" and ... what's the one with all of the ice and Dennis Quaid?  Eh, I forget and I'm too fucking lazy to Google it.  "Day After Tomorrow," I think.

There's also "I Am Legend," "12 Monkeys," "The Road" (which I've not seen), Kevin Costner's "Waterworld" and "Dirtworld" "The Postman," "Solar Babies," that awful movie with the dude who replaced James Caan in the TV adaptation of "Alien Nation" (Robot Jox, I think?  It is a real piece of shit) ... the list is endless.

A better question is, what are plausible or semi-realistic apocalypse movies?  "Deep Impact" probably comes closest.  Like I said, "Armageddon" was not only one countdown after another, it was just fucking stupid.  If an asteroid as wide as Texas was going to hit Earth, unless we had a Star Destroyer handy, we'd be pretty much fucked barring all but THE earliest detection (like in Jovian space).  The movie made it out like Bruce Willis and company could drill a couple of holes into the rock, drop a nuke or two down them and BAM!, that'd be that.  Drilling down into the rock would dramatically increase a nuke's efficacy, but scientists have already figured out that it'd take a 1 megaton detonation in the very middle of a kilometer-wide asteroid to violently shatter it (depending on the rock's composition).  A 10 km-wide rock would require 1,000 megatons of centrally-buried nukes to blow into small pieces.  

For reference's sake, the world's entire nuclear arsenal is on the order of a few gigatons, perhaps 10 gigatons (10,000 megatons).  Most of those devices are HUGE.  Getting all of them into orbit and plucking them down a hole would be probably the greatest achievement of mankind ...

But even THEN, it'd fall woefully short.  Texas is over 1,200 kilometers wide.  We'd lack the yield to shatter the thing into pieces by over a million to ten million times :(

The best thing to do would be to perform precise surface detonations on such a large object to try and alter its course.  Nail something in a sweet spot at just the right time and it might zoom straight past Earth (or, preferably, hit another body so it won't ever circle back around and threaten us again).

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2012, 03:03:59 PM »
I would just be peaceful and not worry about a whole lot of things. probably try to assist somebody that needed it

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2012, 03:18:25 PM »
it's not an end per se...lets just say things will have to be balanced cause there are way too many people on earth who dont exist to contribute but only to destroy, who are only able to sin as a daily lifestyle. At some point, it's cyclical, there will be a need for a big cleaning, cause not everyone deserves to be alive, ressources are scarce. Atheists call it natural selection, others call it God's will.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2012, 03:26:25 PM »
And I call it

Girls and sons.............

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2012, 06:27:52 PM »

"Miracle Mile" is cheesy and cheap but not altogether terrible.  "The Book of Eli" is good, even if I can't help but to view it as Fallout 3: The Movie :)

Then you have your weather/comet/asteroid impact movies like "Armageddon," a.k.a. The Movie with the Most Countdowns in Modern Cinema a.k.a. the Movie with the Dumbest Premise Ever (shatter an asteroid the size of Texas with a couple of centrally buried nukes?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA), "Deep Impact," "2012" and ... what's the one with all of the ice and Dennis Quaid?  Eh, I forget and I'm too fucking lazy to Google it.  "Day After Tomorrow," I think.

There's also "I Am Legend," "12 Monkeys," "The Road" (which I've not seen), Kevin Costner's "Waterworld" and "Dirtworld" "The Postman," "Solar Babies," that awful movie with the dude who replaced James Caan in the TV adaptation of "Alien Nation" (Robot Jox, I think?  It is a real piece of shit) ... the list is endless.

A better question is, what are plausible or semi-realistic apocalypse movies?  "Deep Impact" probably comes closest.  Like I said, "Armageddon" was not only one countdown after another, it was just fucking stupid.  If an asteroid as wide as Texas was going to hit Earth, unless we had a Star Destroyer handy, we'd be pretty much fucked barring all but THE earliest detection (like in Jovian space).  The movie made it out like Bruce Willis and company could drill a couple of holes into the rock, drop a nuke or two down them and BAM!, that'd be that.  Drilling down into the rock would dramatically increase a nuke's efficacy, but scientists have already figured out that it'd take a 1 megaton detonation in the very middle of a kilometer-wide asteroid to violently shatter it (depending on the rock's composition).  A 10 km-wide rock would require 1,000 megatons of centrally-buried nukes to blow into small pieces.  

For reference's sake, the world's entire nuclear arsenal is on the order of a few gigatons, perhaps 10 gigatons (10,000 megatons).  Most of those devices are HUGE.  Getting all of them into orbit and plucking them down a hole would be probably the greatest achievement of mankind ...

But even THEN, it'd fall woefully short.  Texas is over 1,200 kilometers wide.  We'd lack the yield to shatter the thing into pieces by over a million to ten million times :(

The best thing to do would be to perform precise surface detonations on such a large object to try and alter its course.  Nail something in a sweet spot at just the right time and it might zoom straight past Earth (or, preferably, hit another body so it won't ever circle back around and threaten us again).

Tell me more.
G

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2012, 06:30:07 PM »

WTF!  Hi Rainman!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2012, 07:52:17 PM »

It will be the wild wild west. But like someone said, people will clan up fast...

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2012, 07:02:28 AM »
I'm not going to prepare for it all. If something catastrophic happens, I'll just kill a 'survivalist' and take all his shit.

HTH.

G

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2012, 08:30:30 AM »
WTF!  Hi Rainman!

C-H-A-R-L-I-E.  My main man (no homo).