Author Topic: Death Blow to the US Dollar  (Read 61690 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Death Blow to the US Dollar
« on: March 30, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
The BRIC nations, (Brazil, Russia, India & China) along with Japan & Saudi Arabia have delivered a death blow to the US Dollar.

BRIC Summit wraps up with a consensus on bilateral trade agreements.

Bottom line:  NO US Dollars!!!

http://further-left-forum.blogspot.ca/2012/03/no-dollar-trade.html

Get ready for hyperinflation, ...coming to an American town near you... SOON!

I'm just glad my money is banked in GOLD! As the US Dollar devalues to zero, my purchasing power is retained.

w

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Death Blow to the US Dollar
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 04:26:12 PM »
Is this on any other news source? Not a flame, but this is serious bidness, and If I can see this corroborated on a legitimate news source, Im gonna be worried.
But honestly, that site leaves me with doubts.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 04:54:12 PM »
Is this on any other news source? Not a flame, but this is serious bidness, and If I can see this corroborated on a legitimate news source, Im gonna be worried.

I understand. I've been getting sources from all over, and putting pieces together. Occassionally when I see something that puts all the pieces together co-herently, I may pop in to post here, ...but given this forum's penchant for moderator encouraged flaming & character assasination, informing people here is NOT a priority for me. There are too many people to protect who aren't slamming me every step of the way.

All I can suggest in the time being is to try to corroborate it elsewhere. Unfortunately, I have too much on the go right now to be taking the time to support statements.

I believe Lindsey Williams has been discussing the Saudi built Chinese refinery and the fact that the US Dollar will not be used to settle debts. We know India is paying for a million barrels a day of Iranian oil with GOLD. Chinese & Russian bilateral trade dumping US dollars is old news. I posted that 2 yrs ago, but Hugo saw fit to delete it,  Now with China & Japan (the #2 & #3 largest economies in the world inking a trade agreement between themselves which specifies the US Dollar will NOT be used for settlements, ...it will be a death spiral. I believe by the end of the year, the greenback will be dead in the water. I hope I'm wrong, ...but I don't think so.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 07:03:29 PM »
Her last line should be a givaway. "I'm just glad my money is banked in GOLD! As the US Dollar devalues to zero, my purchasing power is retained."

Then she wants you to click the link in her sig line lol...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 07:07:34 PM »
Her last line should be a givaway. "I'm just glad my money is banked in GOLD! As the US Dollar devalues to zero, my purchasing power is retained."

Then she wants you to click the link in her sig line lol...

The dollar is destined to fail regardless of jags pimping here.   We are on the highway to hell w bernake Obama geithner etc

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 07:13:54 PM »
The dollar is destined to fail regardless of jags pimping here.   We are on the highway to hell w bernake Obama geithner etc
I didn't dispute that.  This doesn't mean it's ok to pimp her product here.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 07:16:17 PM »

Agreed.   Why would people buy gold and leave it w someone like her.   I mean come on now! 

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 08:30:31 PM »
Agreed.   Why would people buy gold and leave it w someone like her.   I mean come on now! 

The question should be "Why would people buy gold at almost $1700/ounce?!?!?"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 08:33:40 PM »

Because they see what is in store for the future w the monetary policies we pursue.

I buy more silver than gold TBH.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 09:31:41 PM »
Because they see what is in store for the future w the monetary policies we pursue.

If that were really the case, there are a lot better vehicles to use...

I buy more silver than gold TBH.

At ~$32/ounce? Smart man, smart man.  ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 11:12:26 PM »

I have not once mentioned Karatbars in this thread or in the others I've recently started. I've only spoken of GOLD in it's generic form.

I've been away so long, there are many here that have no knowledge whatsoever that I'm associated with Karatbars. You're the one informing them.
I don't care where you get your GOLD, just get it. Of course I would prefer people use the same supplier I use, but it's up to them to determine what the best decision for them. I happen to believe my source has the most options for the most people. But each individual has to determine their own situation and what works best for them.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 11:19:32 PM »

First of all, you really need to get your facts straight.

People are not leaving their GOLD with me. I wouldn't want that kind of responsibility.
People have the option to take physical delivery, OR keep it in FREE storage outside of the country (and outside of their government's reach) if THEY CHOOSE.

Understand, Obama has just signed into law NDAA and declared martial law within the USA. That gives him the right to confiscate whatever he chooses. There has been precedent set in 1933 when US citizens had their gold confiscated under penalty of imprisonment. Do YOU trust your government not to do it again? There are many who do not, as such, they prefer their money stored in a medium that not only retains it's value & purchasing power, but also one outside of the reach of a government they do not trust.

Those who do not trust a facility used by 30% of World Gold Council Members, can always take physical possession.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 11:32:24 PM »

Because in the long run GOLD retains it's value & purchasing power.

The price of GOLD has long been suppressed & manipulated downwards in order to conceal the rapid demise of fiat federal reserve note. the manipulators are losing control, and soon GOLD will revaluate to reflect it's true value. Gold may seem expensive at $1700, however, understand that is $1700 of devalued dollars... worth about the same amount as $20 circa 1913. Gold at $1700 oz is a much better acquisition than GOLD at $2,000/oz, or even $3,000/oz.

We have the ability to essentially take zero value dollars and exchange it for GOLD.

The smart money is doing just that, before people & businesses stop accepting dollars for GOLD... or anything else.
Governments and people arond the world are already phasing out the US Dollar, it won't be long before people in the USA start doing the same.
w

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 11:37:57 PM »

Hmmm let's see...
1) Because the Federal Reserve has expanded the money supply by a ridiculous amount and the dominant view among economists is that a recession can only be combated through more inflation.
2) Because the President's budget plan never balances the budget. Red ink for as far as the eye can see.
3) Because the opposing party's "star" budget plan doesn't balance the budget for DECADES to come.
4) Because the United States suffers from having two unfunded but politically popular entitlement programs which are destined to bankrupt the federal government.
5) Because government spending has been rapidly increasing, no matter who is in power.
6) Because several state governments could be possibly pushing to the point of bankruptcy, and then might need bailouts.
7) Because the financial system is even weaker now than it was before the crisis, and thus might receive massive bailouts to the tunes of trillions of dollars.
8) Because the federal government is already on the hook for trillions of dollars in the case of another panic.
9) Because the federal government is facing political gridlock where the only thing the two parties can agree on is to increase spending year after year.
10) Because the governments in the United States at all levels have been taken over by special interest groups seeking to enrich themselves on the back of the taxpayer.
11) Because the political sentiment to change all of this before things start getting sour simply does not exist at this point in history.

Want me to keep listing?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 11:41:02 PM »
I have not once mentioned Karatbars in this thread or in the others I've recently started. I've only spoken of GOLD in it's generic form.

I've been away so long, there are many here that have no knowledge whatsoever that I'm associated with Karatbars. You're the one informing them.
I don't care where you get your GOLD, just get it. Of course I would prefer people use the same supplier I use, but it's up to them to determine what the best decision for them. I happen to believe my source has the most options for the most people. But each individual has to determine their own situation and what works best for them.
No I didn't inform them. ::)  You're using this reply to do so. ::)  It's the same game you got away with before... Talk about gas prices all the time knowing your sigline goes to selling gaspills.  Relax, I'm not deleting your scam even though I should.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 12:05:56 AM »
Hmmm let's see...
1) Because the Federal Reserve has expanded the money supply by a ridiculous amount and the dominant view among economists is that a recession can only be combated through more inflation.
2) Because the President's budget plan never balances the budget. Red ink for as far as the eye can see.
3) Because the opposing party's "star" budget plan doesn't balance the budget for DECADES to come.
4) Because the United States suffers from having two unfunded but politically popular entitlement programs which are destined to bankrupt the federal government.
5) Because government spending has been rapidly increasing, no matter who is in power.
6) Because several state governments could be possibly pushing to the point of bankruptcy, and then might need bailouts.
7) Because the financial system is even weaker now than it was before the crisis, and thus might receive massive bailouts to the tunes of trillions of dollars.
8) Because the federal government is already on the hook for trillions of dollars in the case of another panic.
9) Because the federal government is facing political gridlock where the only thing the two parties can agree on is to increase spending year after year.
10) Because the governments in the United States at all levels have been taken over by special interest groups seeking to enrich themselves on the back of the taxpayer.
11) Because the political sentiment to change all of this before things start getting sour simply does not exist at this point in history.

Want me to keep listing?

I doubt that at $1700/ounce this sort of insurance makes sense; to each their own though. But even if I were to grant you everything on that list, it's unclear how owning gold would help you in the situations that you cite. Sure gold has traditionally been a "stable" asset against inflation and there's practically no evidence that inflation is a danger right now. And besides, you'd still have another small problem: what protects you from an effective "confiscation" of the gold, not unlike the one that happened under Executive Order 6102?

Because in the long run GOLD retains it's value & purchasing power.

The price of GOLD has long been suppressed & manipulated downwards in order to conceal the rapid demise of fiat federal reserve note. the manipulators are losing control, and soon GOLD will revaluate to reflect it's true value. Gold may seem expensive at $1700, however, understand that is $1700 of devalued dollars... worth about the same amount as $20 circa 1913. Gold at $1700 oz is a much better acquisition than GOLD at $2,000/oz, or even $3,000/oz.

A $1.00 in 1973 had the same purchasing power as $22.57 in 2012; let's say $23. So, an ounce of gold in 1913 cost 23 * 20 = 460 2012 dollars per ounce.

Besides, if the U.S. Government wanted to, it could make the value of gold plummet overnight. The average gold trading volume per day was 18 million ounces in late 2008 and the U.S. has approximately 287 million ounces of gold. Selling even a tenth of it's gold would massively move the market downwards.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 04:10:44 AM »
Gold and silver have been treasured assets for how long? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 04:39:39 AM »
Gold and silver have been treasured assets for how long?  
If you're buying gold and silver expecting a total collapse and total chaos, you would be better to spend that money on salt, flower, other dry goods, medical supplies etc.  If the shit really hits the fan, gold and silver will be of little trading value.  If you expect to live out of this dark age then yea it wouldn't hurt to have some.

The only reason I mention this is because you have posted in the past with the idea that we could be headed toward that kind of epic shit.  If we have a total meltdown, end of America kind of shit, precious metal will be mostly worthless; enameled copper wire would be worth more than gold due to simple local electrical applications even dumbshits can firgure out...  Nobody will want gold or silver if the world falls apart.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 04:41:22 AM »
If you're buying gold and silver expecting a total collapse and total chaos, you would be better to spend that money on salt, flower, other dry goods, medical supplies etc.  If the shit really hits the fan, gold and silver will be of little trading value.  If you expect to live out of this dark age then yea it wouldn't hurt to have some.

The only reason I mention this is because you have posted in the past with the idea that we could be headed toward that kind of epic shit.  If we have a total meltdown, end of America kind of shit, metal will be mostly worthless; enameled copper wire would be worth more than gold due to simple local electrical applications even dumbshits can firgure out...  Nobody will want gold or silver if the world falls apart.

I have a lot of other stuff.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 04:48:26 AM »

I have a lot of other stuff.   
how much salt do you have?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 04:52:38 AM »
how much salt do you have?

None.   Have a lot of 25 year rated freeze dried food.  Water, guns, ammo, Etc.   

And to the poster above who said we have o inflation threat now?    LMFAO.    Fucking delusional. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 05:09:10 AM »
None.   Have a lot of 25 year rated freeze dried food.  Water, guns, ammo, Etc.  

And to the poster above who said we have o inflation threat now?    LMFAO.    Fucking delusional.  
Right, just to let you know, if a total end of shit as we know it, type of thing happens, salt would quickly become more valuable than gold.  As a survivalist you should probably put that on the list.  It's the oldest and easiest preservative and it will be in high demand with anyone who survives; those who survive will be doing a lot of canning and other methods of perserving all of which will require salt.  You have gold and silver for its value right?  With what you think might happen, those metals are not worth much in that case.  Like I said, enameled copper wire would be worth more than pure gold.  copper wire would be worth a lot to a small group wanting to rebuild or build a new generator but chunks of gold, not so much.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 05:14:36 AM »
Right, just to let you know, if a total end of shit as we know it, type of thing happens, salt would quickly become more valuable than gold.  As a survivalist you should probably put that on the list.  It's the oldest and easiest preservative and it will be in high demand with anyone who survives; those who survive will be doing a lot of canning and other methods of perserving all of which will require salt.  You have gold and silver for its value right?  With what you think might happen, those metals are not worth much in that case.  Like I said, enameled copper wire would be worth more than pure gold.  That would be worth a lot to a small group wanting to rebuild or build a new generator but chunks of gold, not so much.

I have some copper too. Getting more.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 06:39:21 AM »
agree with huggy, jagson is pimping the end of the world to hock gold even though she has little knowledge of finance or markets other than what her sales manager tells her.

If that shit happens gold is going to be the least of your worries, at least for some time anyway.

Ill put my money in guns and ammo, then come take your shit that youve invested in maybe by that time the gold will be worth something.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 07:53:01 AM »
Understand, Obama has just signed into law NDAA and declared martial law within the USA. That gives him the right to confiscate whatever he chooses. There has been precedent set in 1933 when US citizens had their gold confiscated under penalty of imprisonment.

No, it doesn't.

And he's signed NDAA a couple of times now, tool.  It's a recurring spending act.  ::)