Author Topic: CrossFit - 300 pound "Grace" by Rob Orlando  (Read 7424 times)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: CrossFit - 300 pound "Grace" by Rob Orlando
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 01:35:49 PM »
Coach, get the fuck out of here.

-What the fuck is "muscling it up". Instead of extending his body what does he do instead? ::)
-There are no technique points given in strength sports.  ::) ::)
-Weren't you having trouble figuring how to extend, squat and push when you tried to snatch, clean and jerk. Don't reflect yourself to everyone else.  ::) ::) ::)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 01:45:04 PM »
Two different movements. He didn't do the first movement correctly. He just muscled it up. The whole point is to do the movement as it was intended not with that shit technique. Again, he wouldn't have even got the clean part with proper technique let alone get it over his head.

everyone has different body mechanics. not everyone fits the mold. the ones that dont try to do the same "fitting" as everyone else deserve credit as long as hes getting the job done

still the anger in him screams roid head
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 01:46:02 PM »
Coach, get the fuck out of here.

-What the fuck is "muscling it up". Instead of extending his body what does he do instead? ::)
-There are no technique points given in strength sports.  ::) ::)
-Weren't you having trouble figuring how to extend, squat and push when you tried to snatch, clean and jerk. Don't reflect yourself to everyone else.  ::) ::) ::)

No I wasn't. Have you any idea how long it takes to learn even ONE o-lift? I do. I teach it. One aspect of one lift could take hours. Learning one lift with proper technique takes days and thats with just using a piece of PVC before progressing to just the bar. Have you any idea of what you're talking about? If you can't do the lift with proper technique and you get the weight up...you're muscling it up. Period. The picture is an example of what I'm talking about. Would you count that lift?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »
everyone has different body mechanics. not everyone fits the mold. the ones that dont try to do the same "fitting" as everyone else deserve credit as long as hes getting the job done

still the anger in him screams roid head

True, there's a thousand ways to skin a cat but only one way to get to do it right.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 01:49:38 PM »
Yes I would count that, he cleans it. But no-one has ever really learned to lift with a fucking plastic pipe. Put some weight on a bar. How the fuck do you know what muscles you are using when there is no fucking resistance? 80 % of max is good for technique work.

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2012, 01:50:11 PM »
No I wasn't. Have you any idea how long it takes to learn even ONE o-lift? I do. I teach it. One aspect of one lift could take hours. Learning one lift with proper technique takes days and thats with just using a piece of PVC before progressing to just the bar. Have you any idea of what you're talking about? If you can't do the lift with proper technique and you get the weight up...you're muscling it up. Period. The picture is an example of what I'm talking about. Would you count that lift?

If you've never competed in O-Lifts you really have no reason to teach it..One bullshit course does not substitute years of experience. Stop talking about things you know zero about.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 01:56:40 PM »
If you've never competed in O-Lifts you really have no reason to teach it..One bullshit course does not substitute years of experience. Stop talking about things you know zero about.

I don't? Have you competed in it? You mean to tell me if I haven't competed on something I'm not quaified to teach it? Tell me ONE thing in my post that I was wrong about? I've been teaching O-lift's for almost 10 years. please, please tell me.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 01:57:41 PM »
Yes if you are not under a heavy weight you have no idea...

Coach hasn't formed his own ideas so he must believe that a snatch and clean are jumping movements.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »
Coach, what is THEE most important muscle group in the clean and jerk? Only 1 real true answer.  :)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2012, 02:05:37 PM »
Coach, what is THEE most important muscle group in the clean and jerk? Only 1 real true answer.  :)

There is no "One" muscle group. It's multiple muscle groups recruiting many units in one movement. Core being one of the most important.

BTW, I thrive on being tested like this.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »
There is no "One" muscle group. It's multiple muscle groups recruiting many units in one movement. Core being one of the most important.

You didn't outright declare it but you surprised me there coach. Abs it is.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2012, 02:11:15 PM »
You didn't outright declare it but you surprised me there coach. Abs it is.

It's not just abs. Everyone uses the word "abs" as blanket for core.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2012, 02:12:17 PM »
True, there's a thousand ways to skin a cat but only one way to get to do it right.

opinions arent facts. does this not compute?
being short and stubby its easy for you to say "do it like this" "its the only way"
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2012, 02:15:29 PM »
I don't? Have you competed in it? You mean to tell me if I haven't competed on something I'm not quaified to teach it? Tell me ONE thing in my post that I was wrong about? I've been assuming i know teaching O-lift's for almost 10 years and forcing people to do it the exact way i saw it in the magizines i keep by the toilet. please, please tell me.
A

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2012, 02:17:01 PM »
who cares about technique, either you get the lift or you don't and he did. so now he should get in to MMA

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2012, 02:35:28 PM »
30 reps with 300lbs?  I'm calling big time bs. That spoosh side splitting form is terrible.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2012, 02:38:49 PM »
With proper technique he would be able to lift a lot more than 300lbs

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2012, 02:46:20 PM »
Yes I would count that, he cleans it. But no-one has ever really learned to lift with a fucking plastic pipe. Put some weight on a bar. How the fuck do you know what muscles you are using when there is no fucking resistance? 80 % of max is good for technique work.

Are you kidding? Countries who compete in weightlifting don't even load a bar at least.a.year after they start learning. So you're telling me to load a bar before learning technique? We use PVC to teach snatch progressions. Do you expect them to start with a load on the most difficult of all o-lifts?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2012, 02:47:45 PM »
opinions arent facts. does this not compute?
being short and stubby its easy for you to say "do it like this" "its the only way"

It's not an opinion.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2012, 03:17:33 PM »
there's nothing wrong at all with the fella's technique in the clip.. coach is just been critical because he's not familiar with that style of lifting. nor am i, but from watching the clip, i can hardly fault his form at all.  :-\

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2012, 03:24:55 PM »
all pvc pipe muscles
A

monopoly19

• Getbig II
  • 675 locked out...
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 03:30:19 PM »
You guys are hard to please. Form is not what I would call great, but it works for Rob. I'd bet there are not many people out there that could do that. One 300lb clean and jerk is alot of work, let alone 30 of them! Pretty crazy if you ask me  :-\

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2012, 03:52:26 PM »
there's nothing wrong at all with the fella's technique in the clip.. coach is just been critical because he's not familiar with that style of lifting. nor am i, but from watching the clip, i can hardly fault his form at all.  :-\

*sigh*  ::)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2012, 03:54:59 PM »
His form doesn't look bad to me but the concept of doing C&J for time is ridiculously stupid.