Author Topic: Protein Powders... yeah yeah i know  (Read 30814 times)

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
Re: Protein Powders... yeah yeah i know
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2012, 04:24:42 AM »
gh15 is onto something when he says go to walmart and buy damn food and egg white in the carton

and to go to supplement store and look at pretty supplement and pick it up, fondle it, make love to it, kiss it, smell it, and kindly put it back on the shelf and leave the damn store without a penny spent

If you had read my original post, you wouldve known what i meant.

i travel all over the world, pretty much average around 200 nights of hotel stays a year, and 200,000+ miles a year on airlines... You cant take eggs on a plane, when your stuck on the plane for 10-12 hours, you cant eat the garbage airline foods, and you cant eat eggs on the plane ... so your best bet is to carry 2-3 ziplock bags of protein powder, and just go ask the flight attendants for water and make yourself a shake...rinse ad repeat in 3-4 hours

Same with hotels... you get to your room, your fucking starving, room service takes 45-60 mins, delivery food takes 45-60 mins, eating at the hotel restaurant takes 45-60 mins, protein shakes take 2 mins and you can sleep

Im not the type to subsitute real food with protein shakes, but sometimes im forced to... thats why im searching for something relatively high quality, and very very low carb

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2012, 04:43:22 AM »
In your case i would use a blend that has egg, casein, and whey

Team skip and pro complex come to mind

I would add raw oats for carbs

And evoo like 1-2 tbsp as essential fats

It helped me put on a lot of clean mass as a natural and was convenient

Youre right though i didny even read op

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2012, 04:46:46 AM »
What is the point in bodybuild if you are on a plane half the year and in a diff hotel the other
Half?

You cant even reliably bring hormones on a plane

No hormone no bodybuild

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2012, 05:00:35 AM »
What is the point in bodybuild if you are on a plane half the year and in a diff hotel the other
Half?

You cant even reliably bring hormones on a plane

No hormone no bodybuild

not everyone wants to be a pro... im not pinning 10 time sa day, only once a week, HRT dosage of 150-175mg of test e... i have script for needles so i can take those with me no problem, and its easy to take a vial on board

jparker

• Getbig II

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2012, 05:38:24 AM »
If you had read my original post, you wouldve known what i meant.

i travel all over the world, pretty much average around 200 nights of hotel stays a year, and 200,000+ miles a year on airlines... You cant take eggs on a plane, when your stuck on the plane for 10-12 hours, you cant eat the garbage airline foods, and you cant eat eggs on the plane ... so your best bet is to carry 2-3 ziplock bags of protein powder, and just go ask the flight attendants for water and make yourself a shake...rinse ad repeat in 3-4 hours

Same with hotels... you get to your room, your fucking starving, room service takes 45-60 mins, delivery food takes 45-60 mins, eating at the hotel restaurant takes 45-60 mins, protein shakes take 2 mins and you can sleep

Im not the type to subsitute real food with protein shakes, but sometimes im forced to... thats why im searching for something relatively high quality, and very very low carb

You should get a lower paid job that enables you to fulfill your bodybuilding dreams!

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2012, 05:41:47 AM »
You should get a lower paid job that enables you to fulfill your bodybuilding dreams!

thats the thing, my dream isnt steeping on stage at 5'8 and 260lbs shredded... i know... im fucked up like that..how foolish of me ; /

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2012, 05:56:43 AM »
Could get a simple, name brand, 10lb bag of protein at a Sam's or Costco for $18 a few years ago.  Today, same bag, pushing $40.   Demand is down as men are just giving their cash to drug dealers for chemicals and needles. 

I would buy those big bags from Cosco or Bj's but it's whey concentrate. My stomach would do flips. I can only tolerate pure protein as in isolate.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2012, 08:25:43 AM »
I know people don't like danta and sons, but his protein is the best out there.
I don't know why people have to be so black and white about powders vs no powders.
Somedays I have some shakes, some days I don't. It doesn't really matter.

this. People are acting like protein powder is going to ruin all your bodybuilding goals. That being said, it's definitely not necessary and diamoncut is making some very good posts that have me thinking

Psyckle

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2012, 08:42:49 AM »
The only protein powder I would advocate for is hemp protein.  Its ground up hemp seed essentially, so you know what your gettin.  Theres no bloating or gas, feels very clean, price is decent.  I did whey for 6 years, hemp for 1.5 years, then found the ultimate blend which I've stuck with for the last 1.5 years.  500ml 1% Milk, 4 raw eggs (large-xlarge), 2/3cup raw oats, 2 tablespoons honey.  Every morning I take it, and I've got great energy for like 4-5 hours easy without gettin hungry, don't feel bloated/heavy, no gas.  This shake costs $3.50approx, you get 69g's protein, 42g's fat, 158g's carbs, 1313 calories.  I started with half this recipe and gradually increased it as I got bigger.  Even half this recipe, you're getting as much if not more than 1.5 scoops of powder.  It's only $1.75 a shake which works out to $53.00 a month.  That's a pretty damn good price considering its all whole/real food.  Obviously you can play with the numbers, like half milk, half water, or less oats, less eggs depending on your body requirements, size etc.... In turn it'll be even cheaper.  And if you bought a lot of those items in bulk, via costco... could save even more.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2012, 09:12:02 AM »
I like Ulitimate Muscle Protein from Beverly International and Metabolic Drive (chocolate) from Biotest

Recently I've started using milk again after not having drank it for almost 20 years

Been buying this stuff (low heat pasturized, non-homogenized, pasture raised cows)

http://www.stbenoit.com/html/milk.html

Usually do 1 scoop of protein powder and 300 ml of milk which gives a decent mix of macros and not just protein

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2012, 09:20:43 AM »

i know this is how rumors get started and all, but if you try true protein whey protein concentrate, it tastes very very much like optimum's100% whey. i personally believe that trueprotein makes optimum's protein, but that is totally my own speculation

also dante said something about "my main activity in the business is to create supplements for other protein supplements, minus the pretty labels"

take my opinion with a grain of salt

also that whole bodybuilding.com supplement of the year crap is so garbage, up with them is the likes of gaspari size on, animal pak vitamins, things that are so unnecessary

also supplements are not FDA approved, who knows what the fuck is in there

listen to god of hormones on this

As far as Im concerned, its the best proteinpowder Ive used in terms of noticing a huge difference of quality in my physique. But Ive grown more and more tired of protein supplements over the years, and usually just stick to 1 shake post workouft if I have the uppertunity. Main reason for that is because they make you more bloated and kills the midsection.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2012, 09:34:12 AM »
As far as Im concerned, its the best proteinpowder Ive used in terms of noticing a huge difference of quality in my physique. But Ive grown more and more tired of protein supplements over the years, and usually just stick to 1 shake post workouft if I have the uppertunity. Main reason for that is because they make you more bloated and kills the midsection.

I've been using ON whey for almost 8 years with the occasional break in between to use a different protein powder

Swlabr

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2012, 09:42:37 AM »
Haven't had a protein shake in close to a year. The only reason I'd buy a protein powder is for its taste -- I love it with dry oats and coffee. I may buy a big cheap chocolate flavoured bag just for that reason.

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2012, 10:37:48 AM »
Why are they useless? Because
a) you don't think there is protein in the shake, rather just flavorings, colorings and other additives OR
b) you think it contains the protein as labelled, but the worst type of it?

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2012, 11:29:08 AM »
Why are they useless? Because
a) you don't think there is protein in the shake, rather just flavorings, colorings and other additives OR
b) you think it contains the protein as labelled, but the worst type of it?

right because I'm sure ALL brands of protein powder lie on the label and don't actually contain protein

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2012, 01:33:40 PM »
egg whites work better than  protein.
l

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2012, 01:58:05 PM »
The cheapest and at the same time most for body benefitial shake is...

10 eggwhites + banana

Thats it!

You will NOT find a cheaper and better shake gram for gram in the world. And it tastes excellent!
That's not all that cheap. Using a whole carton of eggs pretty much to make a shake. I don't know where you buy your eggs or powder, but something is off a bit.

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2012, 03:32:56 PM »
what do you think about this one?  i use this one during the day if i cant eat cuz of work or dont have time to eat:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/musclefx/hydrobolic-fx.html

I've never had this protein before, but if it tastes decent and everything that they are saying on the label (Macro's and ingredients) is true then I'd say it's solid.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2012, 03:34:46 PM »
concentrate, whatever's cheapest and tastes best

unless you're planning on stepping onstage then it literally makes no difference what kind of whey you use

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2012, 03:41:50 PM »
I've mentioned this before, but a top 5 Olympian once told me the importance of steroids and proceeded to mention what a waste of money protein powders are.  Now this was in person, but to think of it. Was this really Gh15 I met?  It was 10 years ago.

"what a waste of money protein powders are."....He was right !!

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2012, 03:47:51 PM »
That's not all that cheap. Using a whole carton of eggs pretty much to make a shake. I don't know where you buy your eggs or powder, but something is off a bit.

1 carton of egg whites is 100 grams of protein approximately. Each carton is $3.50. I'm sure if you bought in bulk or the generic brand it would cost less.

So what I do is I drink 1 carton per day, $1.75 per meal since I drink half a carton in one sitting mixed with nesquik, which is not bad to me IMO. Though it certainly is not as cheap as something like whey concentrate.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2012, 04:03:02 PM »
1 carton of egg whites is 100 grams of protein approximately. Each carton is $3.50. I'm sure if you bought in bulk or the generic brand it would cost less.

So what I do is I drink 1 carton per day, $1.75 per meal since I drink half a carton in one sitting mixed with nesquik, which is not bad to me IMO. Though it certainly is not as cheap as something like whey concentrate.

It's $6-$7 in NY including tax for egg white cartons. It sucks but I buy them anyway

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2012, 04:08:13 PM »
It's $6-$7 in NY including tax for egg white cartons. It sucks but I buy them anyway

Holy shit brosef...

Is everything in NY just more expensive grocery -wise than evrywhere else?

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2012, 06:02:08 PM »
Holy shit brosef...

Is everything in NY just more expensive grocery -wise than evrywhere else?

$5 here in nj..a little better i guess :-\