Author Topic: Derek Anthony - the truth about him - not all these rumors  (Read 104910 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Derek Anthony - the truth about him - not all these rumors
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2013, 08:39:54 AM »
Derek posted on his facebook page less then a week ago. Unless he is posting from beyond the grave, this would indicate he was still alive last Monday.
Are you one of his shmoes?

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2013, 12:19:47 PM »
Derek, nice that you are doing better. As a board certified nephrologist, I feel we need to clarify a few of the issues you are going through. Dialysis, as stated previously, is not a laughing matter. Most likely, considering your size you are undergoing hemodialysis 4-5 hours three times a week (MWF or TTS). If not done, you need an arterio-venous fistula (AVF) to be created ASAP as tunneled dialysis catheters are at high risk for infection (nearly 50 percent risk at 3 months of insertion). Renal transplant is a possibility if your ejection fracion of your heart is greater than 35%, you are not smoking, and not utilizing drugs (including steroids). Hope you do well my friend. You have been through a lot and need to get better.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2013, 12:31:16 PM »
Derek, nice that you are doing better. As a board certified nephrologist, I feel we need to clarify a few of the issues you are going through. Dialysis, as stated previously, is not a laughing matter. Most likely, considering your size you are undergoing hemodialysis 4-5 hours three times a week (MWF or TTS). If not done, you need an arterio-venous fistula (AVF) to be created ASAP as tunneled dialysis catheters are at high risk for infection (nearly 50 percent risk at 3 months of insertion). Renal transplant is a possibility if your ejection fracion of your heart is greater than 35%, you are not smoking, and not utilizing drugs (including steroids). Hope you do well my friend. You have been through a lot and need to get better.

if u are board certified nephrologist, then the medical standards these days are even lower than I feared.

what kind of moron would write a post to tell someone who has been on dyalisis for about 1 year such basic factoids??  Do you thnk DA has been skipping his dialysis sessions or faking it when he is doing them? never heard of fistulas?

god help your patients

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2013, 12:36:29 PM »
if u are board certified nephrologist, then the medical standards these days are even lower than I feared.

what kind of moron would write a post to tell someone who has been on dyalisis for about 1 year such basic factoids??  Do you thnk DA has been skipping his dialysis sessions or faking it when he is doing them? never heard of fistulas?

god help your patients

Obviously a fraud.  Probably downloaded a book like "Nephrology in 30 Days" & wants to show-off his newfound "knowledge".  Oh brother...

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2013, 12:40:45 PM »

god help your patients

Dipshit, you don't know what an AVF is???? Are you a physician. Dude started dialysis emergently in the hospital. Thus, he is dialyzing via a catheter. If I am wrong, please tell me Derek. If he has been on dialysis for a year then I am mistaken. I suspected he just recently started. BTW, who the hell are you. OMR and Galeninko can verify my knowledge idiot.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2013, 12:41:44 PM »

Obviously a fraud.  Probably downloaded a book like "Nephrology in 30 Days" & wants to show-off his newfound "knowledge".  Oh brother...

Yep, total fraud  ::) ::) ::) ::) Just like ether and USMCdevildoc. Read some of my previous posts.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2013, 12:44:52 PM »
Ok, I went to the beginning of the thread and see he has been on hemodialysis for almost a year. Thus, I am sure he has an AVF. Regardless, to all the Schmoes out there, a previous athlete like Derek could do well on dialysis assuming he is taking his phosphate binders, monitoring his diet, and staying clean. I was not trying to be a jerk to the guy as he has been through a lot. All I can say is good luck to him.

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2013, 01:05:42 PM »
Ok, I went to the beginning of the thread and see he has been on hemodialysis for almost a year. Thus, I am sure he has an AVF. Regardless, to all the Schmoes out there, a previous athlete like Derek could do well on dialysis assuming he is taking his phosphate binders, monitoring his diet, and staying clean. I was not trying to be a jerk to the guy as he has been through a lot. All I can say is good luck to him.

Athlete?  DA staying clean?  Hahahaha...
There's nothing in your previous posts that you couldn't have gotten from a cheap/free "Nephrology 101" ebook, you fraud.  A real doctor wouldn't come here to spread trivial and ultra-basic advice to a man with a complex condition that he knows nothing about.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2013, 01:23:31 PM »
Are you one of his shmoes?

The simple answer is no.

Not being given to simple answers to absurd questions, let me also say that I find it pathetic that anyone would suggest the only reason someone would care a hoot about a fellow human being is because they want to have sex with them.

I do not know Derek. I have never met Derek. Derek does not interest me sexually. But, when someone as young as Derek is, is going through the health problems he is, regardless of what he may have done or not done to contribute to his poor health, I see nothing wrong with hoping he'll get better and looking for positive signs of this. As far as I am concerned, this is the normal human response to this situation. To wish him dead in not.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2013, 02:38:44 PM »

as of now from your posts:

- i actually believe your medical credentials

- i reaffirm that standards are dangerously low when someone with medical credentials  speaks about this , with no knowledge and the levity used by you

PS-before you say something making you look dumb once again, note that i am def not a DA schmoe

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2013, 04:48:46 PM »

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2013, 07:54:43 PM »

Athlete?  DA staying clean?  Hahahaha...
There's nothing in your previous posts that you couldn't have gotten from a cheap/free "Nephrology 101" ebook, you fraud.  A real doctor wouldn't come here to spread trivial and ultra-basic advice to a man with a complex condition that he knows nothing about.

Who the hell are you with your 13 posts. Read my prior threads my friend. I am a physician. No reason to lie. I enjoy the board and the interesting people on it. There are many just like me on the board. Not a big deal. I am not a pro athlete. I do save the world. I am trying to help a guy out who has been through a lot. Believe what you want  ::).

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2013, 08:01:42 PM »
as of now from your posts:

- i actually believe your medical credentials

- i reaffirm that standards are dangerously low when someone with medical credentials  speaks about this , with no knowledge and the levity used by you

PS-before you say something making you look dumb once again, note that i am def not a DA schmoe

Without knowing D.A.'s labs and dialysis schedule, I was trying to make it clear from what Wiggs stated earlier that blood cleaning....ie dialysis...is not a laughing matter. What I told him was basic nephrology. I learned it the first part of my nephrology fellowship. You act like I should give him the atrocious statistics of the general dialysis population which is exceedingly high mortality. However, DA is not the first bodybuilder that I know of who went on dialysis. A good friend of mine was abusing anabolics and got a protein spilling disease of the kidneys called focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. He was on dialysis and got a kidney transplant. He abused every drug imaginable...probably like DA. He cleaned up and got a kidney and is doing fine. I was not being flippant when I gave him advice. You attacked me and made it out like I were a charlatan. I am not. I hope the guy gets better. Hell, if I were a physician, and told him he was dead in the bed and a total fuck up would that make me a better human being. I think not.

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2013, 11:59:36 AM »
Without knowing D.A.'s labs and dialysis schedule, I was trying to make it clear from what Wiggs stated earlier that blood cleaning....ie dialysis...is not a laughing matter. What I told him was basic nephrology. I learned it the first part of my nephrology fellowship. You act like I should give him the atrocious statistics of the general dialysis population which is exceedingly high mortality. However, DA is not the first bodybuilder that I know of who went on dialysis. A good friend of mine was abusing anabolics and got a protein spilling disease of the kidneys called focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. He was on dialysis and got a kidney transplant. He abused every drug imaginable...probably like DA. He cleaned up and got a kidney and is doing fine. I was not being flippant when I gave him advice. You attacked me and made it out like I were a charlatan. I am not. I hope the guy gets better. Hell, if I were a physician, and told him he was dead in the bed and a total fuck up would that make me a better human being. I think not.

Scum bags like DA and your friend are wasting a perfectly good kidney, that could have gone to somebody more deserving. Whether they live or die, I couldn't care less. As one makes their bed, they must lie in it.

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2013, 12:10:44 PM »

"Athlete"? Maybe even great athlete? ...  ::)

BB requires

no skill

no athletic ability

no strength component

aesthetics - primarily propagated by the abuse of multiple drugs, which lead some to an early grave.

Henceforth, even mixing the phrase bodybuilding and athlete casually in the same sentence is analogous to mixing water and oil. They just don't go together. Bodybuilding is nothing but a beauty pageant for schmoes [and Tbombz].

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2013, 12:20:27 PM »
Is this true?

So what is the prognosis? How many years left, max?

I highly doubt "years"...I'm guessing a few people on here already have a RIP thread saved and ready to go at a moments notice. I hope i'm wrong and he's able to live a long life.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2013, 01:24:57 PM »
"Athlete"? Maybe even great athlete? ...  ::)

BB requires

no skill

no athletic ability

no strength component

aesthetics - primarily propagated by the abuse of multiple drugs, which lead some to an early grave.

Henceforth, even mixing the phrase bodybuilding and athlete casually in the same sentence is analogous to mixing water and oil. They just don't go together. Bodybuilding is nothing but a beauty pageant for schmoes [and Tbombz].

While I don't completely disagree with your characterization of bodybuilding as applied to a select few people, I wonder, why you post on a site dedicated to the principles you seem to find so worthless? Incidentally, some people who lift weights and therefore build muscle strength and size, which often results in a more fit body both health-wise and in appearance are indeed athletes as compared to those who do nothing at all to be physically fit.

When bodybuilding is done correctly, it requires skill, strength and a measure of athletic ability. Aesthetics are subjective, in as much as not everyone agrees about what is aesthetically appealing. Given fairly good genetics, some commitment to routine exercise often using weight resistance and a reasonably healthy diet, one can absolutely achieve an aesthetically pleasing physique.

When one basis their opinions on the extremes or a fringe element, such as bodybuilders who employ massive amounts of supplements, drugs and enhancements such as injecting posing oil, their views are skewed and not at all accurate. I believe this applies to your viewpoint. If you go to almost any gym where there is weight training, you will see that the majority of the people working out there are improving their appearance and health. It is a marginal few who example what you are referring to....which begs the question, do you actually work out, exercise or lift weights?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2013, 01:32:21 PM »
Scum bags like DA and your friend are wasting a perfectly good kidney, that could have gone to somebody more deserving. Whether they live or die, I couldn't care less. As one makes their bed, they must lie in it.

How is it that you have elevated yourself to the position of "playing God" when it comes to a stranger's life? Unless Derek can afford to buy a kidney on the black market or someone who is a match chooses to give him one, he is subject to the same medical scrutiny as anyone else needing a kidney transplant. If he isn't a good candidate for a transplant, he likely will not be approved for one. I wouldn't want to be the person who is in the position of making that decision since, like you, I don't have enough knowledge or experience to do that.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: March 12, 2013, 02:09:55 PM »

How is it that you have elevated yourself to the position of "playing God" when it comes to a stranger's life? Unless Derek can afford to buy a kidney on the black market or someone who is a match chooses to give him one, he is subject to the same medical scrutiny as anyone else needing a kidney transplant. If he isn't a good candidate for a transplant, he likely will not be approved for one. I wouldn't want to be the person who is in the position of making that decision since, like you, I don't have enough knowledge or experience to do that.

Prime,

I agree completely. I am a physician. It is not my job to judge people. That seems to be Obama's creedo. You are correct, anyone who gets a kidney goes through complete psychological screening. Moreover, I have no reason to judge DA or his actions; everything on this board is heresay. Just because it is said does not mean it is true or false. That is an issue for DA and his family and docs. My best to him....BTW...if bodybuilders are worthless then why post on this board  ;) ;) ;)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2013, 02:30:35 PM »
Could you please update this thread only when he s dead/about to die, thanks. Nobody has anything interesting to say we didnt read already so far.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2013, 02:31:47 PM »
Prime,

I agree completely. I am a physician. It is not my job to judge people. That seems to be Obama's creedo. You are correct, anyone who gets a kidney goes through complete psychological screening. Moreover, I have no reason to judge DA or his actions; everything on this board is heresay. Just because it is said does not mean it is true or false. That is an issue for DA and his family and docs. My best to him....BTW...if bodybuilders are worthless then why post on this board  ;) ;) ;)

Read my reply to Randy841. In it I address the issue of why post on a board you feel so negatively about.

While I don't completely disagree with your characterization of bodybuilding as applied to a select few people, I wonder, why you post on a site dedicated to the principles you seem to find so worthless? Incidentally, some people who lift weights and therefore build muscle strength and size, which often results in a more fit body both health-wise and in appearance are indeed athletes as compared to those who do nothing at all to be physically fit.

When bodybuilding is done correctly, it requires skill, strength and a measure of athletic ability. Aesthetics are subjective, in as much as not everyone agrees about what is aesthetically appealing. Given fairly good genetics, some commitment to routine exercise often using weight resistance and a reasonably healthy diet, one can absolutely achieve an aesthetically pleasing physique.

When one basis their opinions on the extremes or a fringe element, such as bodybuilders who employ massive amounts of supplements, drugs and enhancements such as injecting posing oil, their views are skewed and not at all accurate. I believe this applies to your viewpoint. If you go to almost any gym where there is weight training, you will see that the majority of the people working out there are improving their appearance and health. It is a marginal few who example what you are referring to....which begs the question, do you actually work out, exercise or lift weights?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2013, 02:33:50 PM »
  We are lucky to have doctors here.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2013, 02:35:49 PM »
Could you please update this thread only when he s dead/about to die, thanks. Nobody has anything interesting to say we didnt read already so far.

Sorry that you feel forced to read a thread where nobody has anything interesting to say that you didn't already read so far. Perhaps you could simply avoid clicking on this thread altogether, or is that not possible? Am I mistaken in that you don't really give a hoot whether Derek lives of dies? That being the case, why are you reading and posting here?

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2013, 03:45:32 PM »
getbig is full of people who cant stop themselves from reading through threads whose subject they didnt care about -who then complain about the irrelevancy of said threads

it is amazingly common here,

this either reflects a widespread lack of reading comprehension abilities or  widespread hypocrisy

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »
Prime,

I agree completely. I am a physician. It is not my job to judge people. That seems to be Obama's creedo. You are correct, anyone who gets a kidney goes through complete psychological screening. Moreover, I have no reason to judge DA or his actions; everything on this board is heresay. Just because it is said does not mean it is true or false. That is an issue for DA and his family and docs. My best to him....BTW...if bodybuilders are worthless then why post on this board  ;) ;) ;)

Nicorulez is an MD.
He has been posting here for years.

Like when that other pea brain, can't remember his name, argued with him and I that the vasculature on a BBer are arteries and not veins. thread was like 30 pages of pure idiocy.

Derek is a piece of shit scumbag. He has nothing to contribute to society and is just a drain on the world.

Having said that, we are not here to judge and if he can reform his life then he should be entitled to live just like anyone else.

Since his is HIV+ though, I doubt he would be elligible for a transplant.