Author Topic: shoulders question  (Read 2882 times)

KBO

shoulders question
« on: October 27, 2005, 02:54:16 PM »
hey all
 Is the best way to enlarge the shoulder  is doing lateral raise, ben raise and front raise?

any suggestions on  on better exerise to get to bigger shoulders faster??

Thank You

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: shoulders question
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 03:23:34 PM »
You can put all the extension exercises like laterial, front and rear raise back in the closet for now.That would also include any cable movements.  You want mass builders for the whole shoulder girdle so It may be best us use the serious delt builders.

Might try:
1) Military presses..bend the knee's slightly, with one foot in front of the other a little bit if overhead lift's bother you back until the back it's self grows stronger.
2) Up Right rows..may want to use a EZ bar if a regular bar bothers your wrist. Some what close grip (6-9 inches) and bring the bar up near, but not touching, the body. Pulling the bar up &  away from the body can put too much stress and over extend the shoulder joints.

2-3 sets each of 6-10 reps, at least twice a week.  Add weight when ever you can each workout (this is called the progressive system). Good luck.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 04:04:10 PM »
I agree with JPM and make sure you are eating plenty of good foods...

8)

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 04:23:10 PM »
try this delt work out.
1) clean and press
2) upright rows
3)rear delt row- its like a bent row but u bring the bar up to your upper chest.

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 09:17:15 AM »
i always like working delts before traps. heres a basic routine
 bar or dumbell shrugs 15-12-10-8-6  first two sets warm up
 seated bar or dumbell presses 15-12-10-8-6  first two sets warm up
 side raises standing two arms or one    10-8-6 
 standing or seated rear delt raises      10-8-6

this year i started doing my presses first and it made a big differance also for ever everyone says not to use lower reps on raises so i always use 20 pounders this year i said screw it and tried this rep routine for raises with heavier wieght  40-45 for my heavy sets nothing amazing but for using 20s after 8 years it made a big differance good look