Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
November 29, 2014, 12:58:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV  (Read 22460 times)
Hulkotron
Getbig V

The forbidden ritual of the steel palm

« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »

So far this season has be meh!

The last episode I thought was the worst one yet (in any season).  There is (supposedly) some good stuff yet to happen this season though.
Report to moderator   Logged
El Diablo Blanco
Getbig V

Nom Nom Nom Nom

« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2014, 11:55:15 AM »

The last episode I thought was the worst one yet (in any season).  There is (supposedly) some good stuff yet to happen this season though.

They created this whole stupid story line not even in the books. Not sure why. The books have plenty of material to choose from.
Hulkotron
Getbig V

« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2014, 12:57:27 PM »

They created this whole stupid story line not even in the books. Not sure why. The books have plenty of material to choose from.

I'm not sure what they are doing with Cersei either.  Seem to be trying to make her a character that the audience will empathize with vs. in the books she's basically a despicable bitch.

This is interesting to me because Martin has supposedly shared with the show's creators the broad strokes of how the story will end.
The Scott
Getbig IV

Give us this day, our daily oyster...

« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2014, 10:20:53 AM »

Oops!  My mistake.  Thought this said "A Game of Thongs".   Grin  Now this thread is bodybuilding related.

I still have trouble suspending belief in a midget being such a powerful character in those times...I know a few folks that enjoy the series so I can understand why as I am a fan of period pieces such as this.
Hulkotron
Getbig V

« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2014, 10:31:43 AM »

Oops!  My mistake.  Thought this said "A Game of Thongs".   Grin  Now this thread is bodybuilding related.

I still have trouble suspending belief in a midget being such a powerful character in those times...I know a few folks that enjoy the series so I can understand why as I am a fan of period pieces such as this.

It's an adaptation of a series of Fantasy/SciFi novels, not really a Period Piece per se.
The Scott
Getbig IV

Give us this day, our daily oyster...

« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2014, 10:34:36 AM »

It's an adaptation of a series of Fantasy/SciFi novels, not really a Period Piece per se.

Ah.  That would explain the wee person of power then.  Thanks!
AD2100
Getbig III

« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2014, 10:37:44 AM »

Dumb show for dumb people.
Hulkotron
Getbig V

« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2014, 02:06:55 PM »

Also I think they were trying to give Jon Snow something action-oriented to do this season.  I don't remember him doing much in the latter half of the third book other than walking around Castle Black talking to people and getting ready for the Wildlings to attack.
El Diablo Blanco
Getbig V

Nom Nom Nom Nom

« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2014, 08:27:11 AM »

Is it just me, but does anyone else get a raging hard on whenever there are scnese with Danarys?
stuntmovie
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2014, 10:00:29 AM »

As a result of reading some of these comments, I read THE GAME OF THRONES over a period of 4 days  and then ran across Season 1 at Target for a total price of $10, so I bought it and  am now watching it to see how it adheres to the book.

Surprised to see that I know one of the principal characters who is doing a damn good job acting as one of the principal characters (DRAGO???) but have not run into him since he got that great acting role.

Dumb or not, I think that this is a great show and plan on reading all the books and eventually watching all the episodes.

Big surprise is that the author knocks off those individuals whom you think will be the principal characters throughout the entire story-line.

Big interest is .... Will those young dragons be of importance in future episodes?

And how the hell will King Joffrey get knocked off? It's somewhat evident that he will be killed during the series.
Hulkotron
Getbig V

« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2014, 10:04:36 AM »

The first season follows the first book almost to a T if I remember right (haven't watched or read either in some time).
funk51
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2014, 11:18:33 AM »

As a result of reading some of these comments, I read THE GAME OF THRONES over a period of 4 days  and then ran across Season 1 at Target for a total price of $10, so I bought it and  am now watching it to see how it adheres to the book.

Surprised to see that I know one of the principal characters who is doing a damn good job acting as one of the principal characters (DRAGO???) but have not run into him since he got that great acting role.

Dumb or not, I think that this is a great show and plan on reading all the books and eventually watching all the episodes.

Big surprise is that the author knocks off those individuals whom you think will be the principal characters throughout the entire story-line.

Big interest is .... Will those young dragons be of importance in future episodes?

And how the hell will King Joffrey get knocked off? It's somewhat evident that he will be killed during the series.

you know jason mamoa , where did you meet him , surfing???
stuntmovie
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »

FUNK, MSG sent.
jude2
Competitors II
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »

Who will the midget fight in the trial by combat ?
Gregzs
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2014, 06:30:57 PM »

Who will the midget fight in the trial by combat ?

In the previews at the beginning of the season I remember seeing Prince Oberon fighting spear in hand which has not happened yet. I am expecting him to champion like Bronn did at the Aerie.
jude2
Competitors II
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2014, 07:27:57 PM »

In the previews at the beginning of the season I remember seeing Prince Oberon fighting spear in hand which has not happened yet. I am expecting him to champion like Bronn did at the Aerie.
That's what I was thinking also. They keep showing that on the previews.
Kwon_2
Getbig V

I'M DRINK EARL GAY TEA

« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2014, 07:42:09 PM »

Oberyn (Martial Artist with Spear) VS Gregor Clegane (Brute Force personified)
https://cms.myspacecdn.com/cms/x/14/4/012214-got-jump-400x.jpg
jude2
Competitors II
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2014, 07:46:04 PM »

Oberyn will fight for Midget against Cerseis Champion, the HUGE Mountain.

The Mountain

http://24.media.tumblr.com/55031def1aaaf74618f7bdb4b739978e/tumblr_mtt23whSv91qfh27qo1_400.jpg

Since Cersei has Mountain, Trial by Combat usually means Death.

Will Tyrion survive this? Wink
This is going to be awesome. I was wondering when the Strongman was going to make his mark. He most likely die. He will be too slow for the horny guy.
Tedim
Getbig IV

"Ну GetBig, ну погоди"

« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2014, 06:20:07 AM »

stupid hippie......all the fkn tats, what a waste.

* lena-headey-tattoos.jpg (252.1 KB, 614x452 - viewed 203 times.)
Hulkotron
Getbig V

« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2014, 06:59:26 AM »

Spoiler:

The bodybuilder (Cercei's champion) kills the health-look prince (Tyrion's champion) and later dies from the poison on the prince's "spear" Cheesy  Jaime and Varys free Tyrion from prison before he can be executed.  Tyrion escapes on a boat to Pentos and kills Shae and Tywin on his way out.

That is all in the book so I don't know if they'll do it the same on the show.
Tedim
Getbig IV

"Ну GetBig, ну погоди"

« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2014, 07:35:23 AM »

Spoiler:

The bodybuilder (Cercei's champion) kills the health-look prince (Tyrion's champion) and later dies from the poison on the prince's "spear" Cheesy  Jaime and Varys free Tyrion from prison before he can be executed.  Tyrion escapes on a boat to Pentos and kills Shae and Tywin on his way out.

That is all in the book so I don't know if they'll do it the same on the show.

Shocked didn't see that coming....jaw dropped
Hulkotron
Getbig V

« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2014, 07:56:48 AM »

Shocked didn't see that coming....jaw dropped

The third book (this season and the last) is a bloodbath, the first 50% or so is a bit slow then there's a major death like every 100 pages  Cheesy
Tedim
Getbig IV

"Ну GetBig, ну погоди"

« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2014, 09:47:26 AM »

The third book (this season and the last) is a bloodbath, the first 50% or so is a bit slow then there's a major death like every 100 pages  Cheesy

had to know....read Tywins death, holy "shit"..... Shocked Grin
Hulkotron
Getbig V

« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2014, 10:04:14 AM »

Might want to spoiler that bro ^
Gregzs
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2014, 09:45:41 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!