Author Topic: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV  (Read 308738 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »
So far this season has be meh!

The last episode I thought was the worst one yet (in any season).  There is (supposedly) some good stuff yet to happen this season though.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2014, 11:55:15 AM »
The last episode I thought was the worst one yet (in any season).  There is (supposedly) some good stuff yet to happen this season though.

They created this whole stupid story line not even in the books. Not sure why. The books have plenty of material to choose from.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2014, 12:57:27 PM »
They created this whole stupid story line not even in the books. Not sure why. The books have plenty of material to choose from.

I'm not sure what they are doing with Cersei either.  Seem to be trying to make her a character that the audience will empathize with vs. in the books she's basically a despicable bitch.

This is interesting to me because Martin has supposedly shared with the show's creators the broad strokes of how the story will end.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2014, 10:20:53 AM »
Oops!  My mistake.  Thought this said "A Game of Thongs".   ;D  Now this thread is bodybuilding related.

I still have trouble suspending belief in a midget being such a powerful character in those times...I know a few folks that enjoy the series so I can understand why as I am a fan of period pieces such as this.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2014, 10:31:43 AM »
Oops!  My mistake.  Thought this said "A Game of Thongs".   ;D  Now this thread is bodybuilding related.

I still have trouble suspending belief in a midget being such a powerful character in those times...I know a few folks that enjoy the series so I can understand why as I am a fan of period pieces such as this.

It's an adaptation of a series of Fantasy/SciFi novels, not really a Period Piece per se.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2014, 10:34:36 AM »
It's an adaptation of a series of Fantasy/SciFi novels, not really a Period Piece per se.

Ah.  That would explain the wee person of power then.  Thanks!

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2014, 10:37:44 AM »
Dumb show for dumb people.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2014, 02:06:55 PM »

Also I think they were trying to give Jon Snow something action-oriented to do this season.  I don't remember him doing much in the latter half of the third book other than walking around Castle Black talking to people and getting ready for the Wildlings to attack.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2014, 08:27:11 AM »
Is it just me, but does anyone else get a raging hard on whenever there are scnese with Danarys?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2014, 10:00:29 AM »
As a result of reading some of these comments, I read THE GAME OF THRONES over a period of 4 days  and then ran across Season 1 at Target for a total price of $10, so I bought it and  am now watching it to see how it adheres to the book.

Surprised to see that I know one of the principal characters who is doing a damn good job acting as one of the principal characters (DRAGO???) but have not run into him since he got that great acting role.

Dumb or not, I think that this is a great show and plan on reading all the books and eventually watching all the episodes.

Big surprise is that the author knocks off those individuals whom you think will be the principal characters throughout the entire story-line.

Big interest is .... Will those young dragons be of importance in future episodes?

And how the hell will King Joffrey get knocked off? It's somewhat evident that he will be killed during the series.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2014, 10:04:36 AM »
The first season follows the first book almost to a T if I remember right (haven't watched or read either in some time).

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2014, 11:18:33 AM »
As a result of reading some of these comments, I read THE GAME OF THRONES over a period of 4 days  and then ran across Season 1 at Target for a total price of $10, so I bought it and  am now watching it to see how it adheres to the book.

Surprised to see that I know one of the principal characters who is doing a damn good job acting as one of the principal characters (DRAGO???) but have not run into him since he got that great acting role.

Dumb or not, I think that this is a great show and plan on reading all the books and eventually watching all the episodes.

Big surprise is that the author knocks off those individuals whom you think will be the principal characters throughout the entire story-line.

Big interest is .... Will those young dragons be of importance in future episodes?

And how the hell will King Joffrey get knocked off? It's somewhat evident that he will be killed during the series.

you know jason mamoa , where did you meet him , surfing???
F

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »
FUNK, MSG sent.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »
Who will the midget fight in the trial by combat ?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2014, 06:30:57 PM »
Who will the midget fight in the trial by combat ?

In the previews at the beginning of the season I remember seeing Prince Oberon fighting spear in hand which has not happened yet. I am expecting him to champion like Bronn did at the Aerie.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2014, 07:27:57 PM »
In the previews at the beginning of the season I remember seeing Prince Oberon fighting spear in hand which has not happened yet. I am expecting him to champion like Bronn did at the Aerie.
That's what I was thinking also. They keep showing that on the previews.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2014, 07:42:09 PM »
Oberyn (Martial Artist with Spear) VS Gregor Clegane (Brute Force personified)
https://cms.myspacecdn.com/cms/x/14/4/012214-got-jump-400x.jpg

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2014, 07:46:04 PM »

Oberyn will fight for Midget against Cerseis Champion, the HUGE Mountain.

The Mountain

http://24.media.tumblr.com/55031def1aaaf74618f7bdb4b739978e/tumblr_mtt23whSv91qfh27qo1_400.jpg

Since Cersei has Mountain, Trial by Combat usually means Death.

Will Tyrion survive this? ;)
This is going to be awesome. I was wondering when the Strongman was going to make his mark. He most likely die. He will be too slow for the horny guy.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2014, 06:20:07 AM »
stupid hippie......all the fkn tats, what a waste.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2014, 06:59:26 AM »
Spoiler:

The bodybuilder (Cercei's champion) kills the health-look prince (Tyrion's champion) and later dies from the poison on the prince's "spear" :D  Jaime and Varys free Tyrion from prison before he can be executed.  Tyrion escapes on a boat to Pentos and kills Shae and Tywin on his way out.

That is all in the book so I don't know if they'll do it the same on the show.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2014, 07:35:23 AM »
Spoiler:

The bodybuilder (Cercei's champion) kills the health-look prince (Tyrion's champion) and later dies from the poison on the prince's "spear" :D  Jaime and Varys free Tyrion from prison before he can be executed.  Tyrion escapes on a boat to Pentos and kills Shae and Tywin on his way out.

That is all in the book so I don't know if they'll do it the same on the show.

:o didn't see that coming....jaw dropped

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2014, 07:56:48 AM »
:o didn't see that coming....jaw dropped

The third book (this season and the last) is a bloodbath, the first 50% or so is a bit slow then there's a major death like every 100 pages  :D

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2014, 09:47:26 AM »
The third book (this season and the last) is a bloodbath, the first 50% or so is a bit slow then there's a major death like every 100 pages  :D

had to know....read Tywins death, holy "shit"..... :o ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2014, 10:04:14 AM »
Might want to spoiler that bro ^

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2014, 09:45:41 PM »