Author Topic: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV  (Read 308786 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV
« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2014, 03:41:32 PM »
I'm looking forward to the battle this weekend between the mountain and prince bisexual. It should be pretty awesome. I was hoping the hound would face off against his brother but I suppose that's not going to happen.
I bet they do face off later.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2014, 05:31:28 PM »

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2014, 06:26:11 AM »

I didn't think Sansa was that tall. John Snow must be really short or she's wearing super high heels.
S

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #253 on: May 31, 2014, 06:55:09 AM »
Jon Snow: manlet.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #254 on: May 31, 2014, 06:25:49 PM »
The Falcon that Rides

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #255 on: May 31, 2014, 07:00:35 PM »
The show will likely wrap up before the books ever get done.  Martin is a notoriously slow writer. 

As for the Oberyn/Mountain fight, well, lets just say there will be a great gnashing of teeth.

How the hell are they going to film Cersei's penance walk? 

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #256 on: May 31, 2014, 09:18:22 PM »

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2014, 08:12:29 PM »
Holly Shit , what an ending  :o

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: June 02, 2014, 07:13:12 AM »
Holly Shit , what an ending  :o

What a fucking ending indeed.

Can an argument be made that both champions died in combat, so technically the God's did not favor any one particular decision?

They said that the purpose of this match was to see which outcome the God's favored, but the result leaves it a bit vague.

"1"

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #259 on: June 02, 2014, 07:18:41 AM »

Can an argument be made that both champions died in combat, so technically the God's did not favor any one particular decision?

They said that the purpose of this match was to see which outcome the God's favored, but the result leaves it a bit vague.

"1"

In the book the bodybuilder does not die right away.

Actually his fate is somewhat ambiguous (doesn't say if he's dead or not).

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: June 02, 2014, 07:22:30 AM »

"1"

Actually, Mountain lived (he's just taking a nap, collapsed from his injuries, but was still alive at the time),
but dies later from the Poison on Oberyns Snake-like Spear. (He ain't called The Red Viper for nothing!)

So during that "Trial of Combat", only Oberyn died, Mountain just fainted/collapsed.

Thus, no Draw of Peace.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #261 on: June 02, 2014, 07:25:47 AM »

"1"

Agreed.

It's hard to get shocked anymore, but this show seems to be able to continue to do it.

SPOILER:

We've seen brutality, but squeezing a man's skull to pieces was a new one....great ending.  But I really liked the Oberyn character, so that sucks.
Y

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #262 on: June 02, 2014, 07:28:14 AM »

How the hell are they going to film Cersei's penance walk? 

Exactly as it was written with any luck!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: June 02, 2014, 07:29:42 AM »
In Season 6, this will eventually happen with King's Landing

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #264 on: June 02, 2014, 08:08:51 AM »
2 episodes to go.....can't wait!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: June 02, 2014, 09:38:57 AM »

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #266 on: June 02, 2014, 09:47:04 AM »
in the book...how does Oberon die? same way? or was it an unnecessary violent and grotesque death for the ratings? just curious.....

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: June 02, 2014, 10:00:52 AM »
in the book...how does Oberon die? same way? or was it an unnecessary violent and grotesque death for the ratings? just curious.....

“Prince Oberyn had circled behind him. ‘ELIA OF DORNE!‘ he shouted. Ser Gregor started to turn, but too slow and too late. The spearhead went through the back of the knee this time, through the layers of chain and leather between the plates on thigh and calf. The Mountain reeled, swayed, then collapsed face first on the ground. His huge sword went flying from his hand. Slowly, ponderously, he rolled onto his back.”

“Clegane’s hand shot up and grabbed the Dornishman behind the knee. … Gregor’s hand tightened and twisted, yanking the Dornishman down on top of him. They wrestled in the dust and blood, the broken spear wobbling back and forth. Tyrion saw with horror that the Mountain had wrapped one huge arm around the prince, drawing him tight against his chest, like a lover.”

With that, Clegane makes his confession:

“‘Elia of Dorne,’ they all heard Ser Gregor say, when they were close enough to kiss. His deep voice boomed within the helm. ‘I killed her screaming whelp.’ He thrust his free hand into Oberyn’s unprotected face, pushing steel fingers into his eyes. ‘Then I raped her.’

Clegane slammed his fist into the Dornishman’s mouth, making splinters of his teeth. ‘Then I smashed her f—ing head in. Like this.’
As he drew back his huge fist, the blood on his gauntlet seemed to smoke in the cold dawn air. There was a sickening crunch.”

On seeing the Red Viper’s demise, Ellaria Sand screams in horror, and Tyrion throws up his glorious breakfast.

“I put my life in the Red Viper’s hands, and he dropped it. When he remembered, too late, that snakes had no hands, Tyrion began to laugh hysterically.”

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #268 on: June 02, 2014, 10:20:21 AM »
“Prince Oberyn had circled behind him. ‘ELIA OF DORNE!‘ he shouted. Ser Gregor started to turn, but too slow and too late. The spearhead went through the back of the knee this time, through the layers of chain and leather between the plates on thigh and calf. The Mountain reeled, swayed, then collapsed face first on the ground. His huge sword went flying from his hand. Slowly, ponderously, he rolled onto his back.”

“Clegane’s hand shot up and grabbed the Dornishman behind the knee. … Gregor’s hand tightened and twisted, yanking the Dornishman down on top of him. They wrestled in the dust and blood, the broken spear wobbling back and forth. Tyrion saw with horror that the Mountain had wrapped one huge arm around the prince, drawing him tight against his chest, like a lover.”

“‘Elia of Dorne,’ they all heard Ser Gregor say, when they were close enough to kiss. His deep voice boomed within the helm. ‘I killed her screaming whelp.’ He thrust his free hand into Oberyn’s unprotected face, pushing steel fingers into his eyes. ‘Then I raped her.’

Clegane slammed his fist into the Dornishman’s mouth, making splinters of his teeth. ‘Then I smashed her f—ing head in. Like this.’
As he drew back his huge fist, the blood on his gauntlet seemed to smoke in the cold dawn air. There was a sickening crunch.”

On seeing the Red Viper’s demise, Ellaria Sand screams in horror, and Tyrion throws up his glorious breakfast.

“I put my life in the Red Viper’s hands, and he dropped it. When he remembered, too late, that snakes had no hands, Tyrion began to laugh hysterically.”

;D
F

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #269 on: June 02, 2014, 11:09:44 AM »
Agreed.

It's hard to get shocked anymore, but this show seems to be able to continue to do it.

SPOILER:

We've seen brutality, but squeezing a man's skull to pieces was a new one....great ending.  But I really liked the Oberyn character, so that sucks.

The skull crush is not so new. It usually happens off screen in movies with ratings below R. The most recent I can think of was Star Trek: Into Darkness when Carol is screaming when it is happening to her father.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: June 02, 2014, 11:10:10 AM »

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: June 02, 2014, 11:32:06 AM »
Cersei wanted to do it first

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #272 on: June 02, 2014, 11:33:30 AM »

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #273 on: June 02, 2014, 12:50:06 PM »

looks like they stayed true to the book.....also looks like i'm going Amazon shopping

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: June 02, 2014, 01:57:57 PM »