Author Topic: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV  (Read 307507 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
Re: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV
« Reply #300 on: June 04, 2014, 05:24:17 PM »
I was really looking forward to some dragon ass kicking action this season. I don't think it's going to happen. I'm sure I'll be caught up on all the books by the time next season rolls around.

Don't get your hopes up for next season either  :-\

Dany does fuck-all until about the last 5% of Book 6 and still is nowhere close to Westeros.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #301 on: June 04, 2014, 05:31:22 PM »
I thought there was only 5 books?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #302 on: June 04, 2014, 05:37:16 PM »
A usual beware of spoilers:

http://mashable.com/2014/06/03/game-of-thrones-red-viper-reactions/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

When 'Game of Thrones' Fans Saw That Red Viper Scene...

It was filmed at Burlington Bar in Chicago, Illinois, and highlights some epic reactions, including shrieking, clapping, hands-over-mouth terror and blank-faced, stoic acceptances of our fate as George R.R. Martin's playthings.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #303 on: June 04, 2014, 05:42:31 PM »
I thought there was only 5 books?

Yes I meant 5 sorry

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #304 on: June 04, 2014, 05:47:26 PM »
http://guyism.com/celebrities/peter-dinklages-mullet-is-further-proof-he-has-a-cool-you-cant-teach.html

Peter Dinklage’s mullet is further proof he has a cool you can’t teach

Peter Dinklage is perhaps the biggest star on HBO’s ‘Game of Thrones’ because he exudes a je ne sais quoi never before seen on TV.

Today we found out that the roots of being awesome go back many years with ‘ol Dinky, as the folks over at Reddit found his yearbook photo from the Delbarton Class of 1987…and it’s more GLORIOUS than we ever could have imagined.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #305 on: June 04, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »
3 minutes per day access to internet only ? senor AmonRa Leopold   
Still no coins   :P

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #306 on: June 04, 2014, 06:53:04 PM »
http://laughingsquid.com/actor-hafthor-julius-bjornsson-the-mountain-on-game-of-thrones-deadlifts-994-pounds/

During a recent strength competition, former Iceland basketball player and strongman competitor Hafthor Julius Bjornsson got to show off his insane strength by casually deadlifting 994 pounds. The giant 6′ 9″, 420-pound human being played the part of Gregor Clegane (a.k.a. “The Mountain”) on Game of Thrones.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #307 on: June 04, 2014, 09:04:09 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/features/game-of-thrones-viewers-guide/p17

The Definitive Game Of Thrones Viewers' Guide

GWENDOLINE CHRISTIE
Place of birth: Worthing, Sussex
Character name: Brienne Of Tarth

What to watch outside of Westeros: Her Patrick Wolf performances

You’ll be hard-pressed to spot Christie’s appearances in Terry Gilliam’s The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus, where she plays “Classy Shopper #2”, or The Zero Theorem, where she can be seen in a “street commercial”, so to avoid straining your eyes, stick to her on-stage performances with perennially befeathered pop peacock Patrick Wolf. In a former life, Christie was a semi-professional gymnast, but a spine injury pushed her into acting, and thence to playing the queen in a Barbican Theatre production of Cymbeline in 2007 and Lucifer at Manchester’s Royal Exchange Theatre in 2010. Come December, you’ll see her in The Hunger Hames: Mockingjay – Part 1, where hopefully she’ll be using her gymastery to teach Jennifer Lawrence how to fall over less often.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: June 04, 2014, 10:02:47 PM »
LOL @ "The Denial Version"

LMAO!!!!

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #309 on: June 04, 2014, 11:01:08 PM »

im on book 4. have never watched the series.

took abt the first 300 pages of book one to get started, but after that its a hard series to put down.

i wont ever watch the series, but if your into the series read the books they are very good.
b

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #310 on: June 05, 2014, 05:30:32 AM »
Don't get your hopes up for next season either  :-\

Dany does fuck-all until about the last 5% of Book 6 and still is nowhere close to Westeros.

Great. All my favorite characters are dead. I just want to see some freaking dragons burn and eat people.
S

the trainer

« Reply #311 on: June 05, 2014, 05:42:16 AM »
That white hair queen turns me on I would love to fuck the shit out of her.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #312 on: June 05, 2014, 06:35:00 AM »
As long a Tyrian, Jamie survive and have lead story lines I'm good.....Team Lannister

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #313 on: June 05, 2014, 07:16:29 AM »
At first I was annoyed by the midget but it didn't take long before he became my favorite character on the show.  Goes to show you not to  judge others on their appearances.

http://guyism.com/celebrities/peter-dinklages-mullet-is-further-proof-he-has-a-cool-you-cant-teach.html

Peter Dinklage’s mullet is further proof he has a cool you can’t teach

Peter Dinklage is perhaps the biggest star on HBO’s ‘Game of Thrones’ because he exudes a je ne sais quoi never before seen on TV.

Today we found out that the roots of being awesome go back many years with ‘ol Dinky, as the folks over at Reddit found his yearbook photo from the Delbarton Class of 1987…and it’s more GLORIOUS than we ever could have imagined.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #314 on: June 05, 2014, 09:15:36 AM »
im on book 4. have never watched the series.

took abt the first 300 pages of book one to get started, but after that its a hard series to put down.

i wont ever watch the series, but if your into the series read the books they are very good.
why??

ive read all the books but enjoy the series on HBO immensely

you really should watch it at some point

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #315 on: June 05, 2014, 09:30:12 AM »
why??

HBO will eventually deviate completely from the books.  They can't run this series forever and Martin is taking his sweet time writing another book if he ever does.  They can't just end the series 3 years from now open ended.  HBO will have ot tie up some stories that Martin left floating.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #316 on: June 05, 2014, 10:26:39 AM »
HBO will eventually deviate completely from the books.  They can't run this series forever and Martin is taking his sweet time writing another book if he ever does.  They can't just end the series 3 years from now open ended.  HBO will have ot tie up some stories that Martin left floating.

Yes they could... Think about it. End the series where the books are now. Wait a year or two... He finishes the books. You reopen the series again and it will be bigger then now. You get 2 5-6 years series out of it instead of one. It's all about money and ratings... That would be the biggest money maker by far.

The ultimate cliff hanger.

Btw I was really wishing they changed this part of the story and Oberyn won... He could have killed Tywin... Same result really. I knew it was coming but it still sucked. No homo for liking the bi sexual guy.
$

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #317 on: June 05, 2014, 10:32:54 AM »
why??

you don't watch the show so you can maintain your snobbery, obviously.

I don't like identifiably faces that comes from the tv show, when i re-read the books and there's a jamie pov i see Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in my head completely different than how i had him pictured

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #318 on: June 05, 2014, 12:46:55 PM »
you don't watch the show so you can maintain your snobbery, obviously.

I don't like identifiably faces that comes from the tv show, when i re-read the books and there's a jamie pov i see Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in my head completely different than how i had him pictured
Haha

Never had a problem with this, I guess I just treat them almost like 2 different stories

HBO already has deviated some from the books----I knew they would going into though so it doesn't bother me. Well, as long as they don't bring out clowns with machine guns

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #319 on: June 05, 2014, 01:45:42 PM »
Yes they could... Think about it. End the series where the books are now. Wait a year or two... He finishes the books. You reopen the series again and it will be bigger then now. You get 2 5-6 years series out of it instead of one. It's all about money and ratings... That would be the biggest money maker by far.

The ultimate cliff hanger.

Btw I was really wishing they changed this part of the story and Oberyn won... He could have killed Tywin... Same result really. I knew it was coming but it still sucked. No homo for liking the bi sexual guy.

he's already killed kill Tywin though, he's poisoned he just doesnt know it yet

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #320 on: June 05, 2014, 05:36:15 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20140605/b548639/

The Sopranos Is No Longer the Biggest HBO Show of All Time

Out with the mobsters, and in with the dragons!

For years, the Emmy award-winning drama The Soprano 's reigned supreme as the most-watched king of HBO's series, however now it's time for a new drama to claim the throne. [Yeah, we went there.]

The premium cable network announced Thursday that Game of Thrones has officially surpassed The Sopranos as the most popular series in HBO's history. It seems that people just can't get enough of all the mind-blowing, heart-wrenching, and WTF moments in Westeros.

On average, George R.R. Martin 's television adaptation snags and average of 18.4 million viewers a week—officially exceeding the previous record set by the 2002 season of The Sopranos, which had an average gross audience of 18.2 million viewers per episode.

Game of Thrones has already had a significant increase in viewers in just the past year alone. Season three of the critically-acclaimed drama earned an average audience of 14.4 million viewers each week.

With only two new episodes left in season four, fans are waiting with bated breath to discover what's next for their favorite characters—particularly Tyrion, who's fate changed dramatically at the end of last Sunday's jaw-dropping hour.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #321 on: June 05, 2014, 05:56:12 PM »
http://guyism.com/entertainment/tv/the-mountain-dressed-as-the-hulk-for-a-3-year-olds-birthday.html

The Mountain dressed as The Hulk for a 3-year-old’s birthday because he’s actually a good dude

Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson spent a good amount of time getting his body painted for the surprise. The kid was scared at first, because well, who wouldn’t be. A giant man painted in green that crushes skulls isn’t your garden variety super hero. But in the end, it all worked out. I think. Still can’t get that damn scene outta my head. But I digress.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #322 on: June 05, 2014, 09:29:40 PM »
beware spoilers

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2014/6/3/pedro-pascal-explains-the-ecstasy-of-oberyn-martell

Pedro Pascal Explains the Ecstasy of Oberyn Martell

In light of Sunday's crushing trial by combat, HBO.com connected with Pedro Pascal, the actor behind Oberyn Martell. Pascal shares his analysis of the scene ("cathartic"), what it was like to hold a replica of his own skull, and his take on Oberyn's relationships with the women in his life.

HBO: At what point did you learn Oberyn's fate?

Pedro Pascal: I was told right off the bat. It was in the description of the character arc when I auditioned for the part. I didn't know how he died, until I met [series creators] David Benioff and Dan Weiss in Belfast. They mentioned the crushing of my head in three steps: first the teeth, then the eyes, and finally the entire melon head. My first thought was, "Hopefully I'll be able to compete for a top spot for the most gruesome death on 'Game of Thrones,' " which is saying a lot.

HBO: Have you seen the finished scene?

Pedro Pascal: I haven't, but I can't imagine. [This interview took place before the episode aired.] I have to watch it in time with everyone else. I worry for my family; I really do.

HBO: As gruesome as it is, it looks authentic. Did they make a cast of your head?

Pedro Pascal: They made a cast of my head from the shoulders up and dressed it with facial hair and the expression of violent agony.

HBO: Have you seen it?

Pedro Pascal: Yes! They caught me staring at my head on set. We never get a chance to see ourselves three-dimensionally, and it's totally different. Maybe there was a little narcissism or just the fascination of seeing myself in 360 degrees. I was like, "Holy sh*t. I really look like my dad."

HBO: How much training did you have with the spear?

Pedro Pascal: HBO and 'Game of Thrones' put me in training with a master of wushu, an acrobatic martial arts. People train their entire lives to master this skill, so in a couple of weeks Master Hu could only show me the basics.

HBO: What was the most challenging thing about it?

Pedro Pascal: Everything. Mostly working with a spear that was a foot taller than me. There was sort of a helicopter-propeller move with the spear that I wanted to achieve the "woosh woosh woosh" of. I bought a curtain rod from Home Depot and practiced in my apartment because I was too shy to do it in public.

HBO: What was it like to film the combat scene? Can you explain Oberyn's decisions?

Pedro Pascal: It was very challenging because there was a physical aspect of it – which was the most demanding work that I've ever done – but also Oberyn is climaxing emotionally. Those two things synchronize themselves really beautifully.

I had a fascinating conversation with Lena Headey on set where we discussed the entire arc of the character. Oberyn is desperate to hear the Mountain make his confession. Although it's a violently tragic end, he does ultimately hear the words. There is this bittersweet ecstasy in the idea of delivering oneself to one's own end. It's a very cathartic moment.

HBO: In a previous episode, Oberyn is writing a poem for his daughter. Have you thought through his life in Dorne?

Pedro Pascal: I see him as an extremely contemporary, progressive and loving father. I think it's so suitable that he had nothing but daughters to raise. He doesn't shape ideas based on old conventions so his daughters are not limited by backwards, medieval morality.

HBO: He's very emotionally intelligent.

Pedro Pascal: I think there's a depth in the way that Oberyn perceives the world and the way he lives in it. I think there's a lot of woman inside of Oberyn, which attributes to his strength.

HBO: Can you explain what you mean by "a lot of woman"?

Pedro Pascal: Perceptiveness. Intelligence. In the world of 'Game of Thrones,' which can harshly reflect some of the darker elements of our reality, I would argue that women are often forced to be smarter and more in touch with themselves because their circumstances are so ruled by men. Women's survival skills kick in a bit earlier.

HBO: Would you say that Oberyn is a feminist?

Pedro Pascal: Absolutely. Without choosing to be. It's just intrinsic and logical to him. Ellaria Sand is the love of his life because she is his equal, if not his superior, in certain ways. That's part of what makes him such a fierce man because he knows who to take his lead from.

HBO: How do you hope that fans remember Oberyn?

Pedro Pascal: As a lover and a fighter. As a fun character who ushered in something new to King's Landing and stirred some sh*t up: Big in, big out.

HBO: Fans are bound to be brokenhearted.

Pedro Pascal: As am I. As I have been all along.

HBO: Would you like to see Oberyn's death avenged?

Pedro Pascal: F*ck yeah.

Think Fast

HBO: If you were on trial, what would your crime be?

Pedro Pascal: Oberyn would probably go a little too high up the chain in his sexual escapades. He'd probably sleep with the king's wife or the queen's husband.

HBO: You’re invited to a GOT wedding. Would you accept or decline?

Pedro Pascal: I accept. Any opportunity to go hand-in-hand with Ellaria, because there's always an opportunity to get laid at the wedding.

HBO: The Hound says he’d go to Braavos next. Where would you reinvent yourself?

Pedro Pascal: I would stick around King's Landing. There's a nice brothel room open to the ocean.

HBO: What would you name your sword?

Pedro Pascal: Sammy the Sand Snake

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #324 on: June 06, 2014, 09:07:22 PM »
Pictures from the official and actors instagram channels

http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity-lifestyle/game-of-thrones-instagrams