Author Topic: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV  (Read 307521 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV
« Reply #400 on: January 24, 2015, 11:55:28 AM »
Please, tell me my mom and me (I'm setting some of you up for a joke here) aren't the only ones watching this.  Season 2 started a few weeks ago.

I say that, perhaps apart from HBO's earlier co-production with the BBC, "Rome," this show is the best on TV.  "Breaking Bad" is about the only other show that is half as riveting IMNSHO.

Tyrion is by far my favorite character.  If Cersei weren't a piece of ass, she'd probably be my second least-favorite after "King" Marquis de Sade, err, I mean, Joffrey.  But Littlefinger ... that conniving guy is worse than the Queen Regent and just a level below the stupid twisted Joffrey.

I appreciate that the show remained faithful to the books and fan favorite "Ed" Stark lost his head.  HBO productions too often change shit when they're afraid it'll hurt the audience's feelings; e.g., the extensive changes they've made to "True Blood" v. the books upon which that show is based.

Just the same, damn ... Joffrey can't die soon enough :)  

I also hope Khaleesi Targarayen either grows those dragons super-fast or cultivates some serious allies in that city her stragglers enter at the grace of that big, majestic-looking black dude.  I seriously wanted to see Drogo lead his armies to kick serious ass so, in his stead, his exquisitely beautiful wife ... (fapfapfap) will do only too nicely :)

Generally speaking, the lot of the people "leading" these divided kingdoms are a bunch of prideful morons.  They ALL know the Lannisters are a serious threat.  Why not join together to eliminate Tywin and King's Landing, THEN decide who deserves the throne?  For that matter, why not divvy up that dumb-assed Iron Throne and have several rulers, something akin to the King's Council?

P.S. -- Just as people said of Natalie Portman in "The Professional" and Emma Watson in the first Harry Potter movie, I predict little Maisie Williams will be a great, if unique-looking beauty when she comes of age.  I'd say the actress portraying Sansa is already there but I loathe her character to much, I couldn't pull a hair :D

I know Game of Thrones is popular but I never watched it.

FYI, my mom is 81 and never saw it either.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #401 on: January 24, 2015, 11:57:23 AM »
yea and Boardwalk Empire isnt back for the last season 5 until Sept oct  ???

THAT and Deadwood are 2 shows I do/did watch.

Ron Jeremy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #402 on: January 24, 2015, 12:20:22 PM »
Check out Banshee on Cinemax.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #403 on: January 24, 2015, 02:43:26 PM »
Check out Banshee on Cinemax.
Up there with the best TV shows no doubt - season three has started well.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #404 on: January 24, 2015, 03:20:50 PM »
who's the fine ass going up the stairs?
Up there with the best TV shows no doubt - season three has started well.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #405 on: January 24, 2015, 04:42:24 PM »
who's the fine ass going up the stairs?
Lili Simmons - a wild Armish girl that fucks anything with a pulse
including her Uncle - loves getting her kit off - was in True Detective also

http://www.everyjoe.com/2014/02/24/entertainment/lili-simmons-nude-photos-true-detective-beth-banshee/#1

From TD Below

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #406 on: March 28, 2015, 11:51:27 AM »
Wallace the rabbit has gone from being an incredibly accommodating bunny to acting as a mad king and has demanded that his human provide him with a throne. Following the mandate, his dedicated human built a Game of Thrones-style Iron Throne using carrots and cardboard.

It is beginning to feel like spring, but winter is coming. Wallace’s internet fame has completely gone to his head and now he demands a throne. Will his rule be just, or will his hunger for power be his downfall?

http://laughingsquid.com/dedicated-human-builds-a-game-of-thrones-style-iron-throne-out-of-carrots-and-cardboard-for-his-demanding-rabbit/

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #407 on: March 28, 2015, 12:08:37 PM »
And Now, a GAME OF THRONES Iron Throne Made of Dildos [NSFW]

http://nerdist.com/and-now-a-game-of-thrones-iron-throne-made-of-dildos/

Why yes: that is a giant, rubberized version of Game of Thrones‘ Iron Throne made entirely of black dildos — how did you know and what gave it away? Was it all the power it wielded with its mere presence? Its girth? The way it draws the eye in and makes you swear up, down, left, right, and sideways that you will never go back to sitting on another replica chair ever again? Or maybe it was simply the fact that the video was called “Game of Bones” and, well, I mean what else could this behemoth be, right?

Exxxactly.

So yeah. Bondara — one of the United Kingdom’s most popular online sex toy destinations — decided one day to give the Internet a gift (there is so much pun potential here. Just like SO. MANY. PUNS.), wrangling 200 of their finest dildos and a cavalcade of shameless artisans to construct the beast in a mere 24 hours. Something tells us Tyrion would be far keener to sit on THIS particular throne than the actual Iron Throne. After all, he is the god of tits and wine. And this throne doesn’t stab back (well…) in a way that destroys an entire family and kingdom in one fell swoop.

And exciting bonus for all our UK Nerds out there — there’s a giveaway going on right now where you could WIN THIS EXTREMELY SFW THRONE for your very own, Littlefinger-inspired home.

So, OK, now that we all got through that like adults, let’s go nuts with the dirty punnery in the comments, shall we? After all — in the immortal words of a one Dan “Casey” Snow, “If you thought this would have a happy ending, you clearly haven’t — oh wait, no, it totally will.”

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #408 on: March 30, 2015, 07:48:44 PM »
Game of Thrones: Bastards of Westeros

Pork_Chop

• Getbig III
  • Registered since 2003
« Reply #409 on: March 31, 2015, 02:36:08 AM »
Big GOT fan here, but when the last season ended, I went exploring other shows on netflix.

And to be honest, i enjoyed Sons of Anarchy more - just even more ridiculous & entertaining. SOA's "Laying Pipe" is as good an episode as "Mountain and the Viper"

Breaking Bad, slow starter - but it builds and builds nicely. Better Call Saul is also really cleverly written and carrying the mantle on.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #410 on: March 31, 2015, 11:38:01 AM »
Big GOT fan here, but when the last season ended, I went exploring other shows on netflix.

And to be honest, i enjoyed Sons of Anarchy more - just even more ridiculous & entertaining. SOA's "Laying Pipe" is as good an episode as "Mountain and the Viper"

Breaking Bad, slow starter - but it builds and builds nicely. Better Call Saul is also really cleverly written and carrying the mantle on.

SOA had the worst ending, ever

absolute shit!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #411 on: March 31, 2015, 12:42:58 PM »
Lili Simmons - a wild Armish girl that fucks anything with a pulse
including her Uncle - loves getting her kit off - was in True Detective also

http://www.everyjoe.com/2014/02/24/entertainment/lili-simmons-nude-photos-true-detective-beth-banshee/#1

From TD Below

I love phone calls like this

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #412 on: March 31, 2015, 07:49:16 PM »
SOA had the worst ending, ever

absolute shit!

One of my brothers really enjoyed that show but said the final season was a virtual turd with far too much glorified violence.  I have never watched it.  Then again I have never watched the subject of this thread.  It just doesn't appeal to me and while I enjoyed the Lord of the Rings and to a far lesser extent, The Hobbit films, the addition of a midgie in this series is just too damn absurd for me to ever want to watch it.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #413 on: April 01, 2015, 09:18:30 AM »
One of my brothers really enjoyed that show but said the final season was a virtual turd with far too much glorified violence.  I have never watched it.  Then again I have never watched the subject of this thread.  It just doesn't appeal to me and while I enjoyed the Lord of the Rings and to a far lesser extent, The Hobbit films, the addition of a midgie in this series is just too damn absurd for me to ever want to watch it.

Heh, but the little dude is good.  Best midget actor I can think of, really. 

I think an obviously smart fella like you would indeed enjoy it if you gave it, oh, say two episodes.  I like it better than LOTR, and while those were excellent movies, GOT seems to have a few things that Tolkien's work lack; e.g., character development.  I'm not saying LOTR's characters stunk, but I (for one) care a lot more about what happens to a majority of the folks in Westeros, and that includes the nastiest, most sociopathic bad guys.

I really reckon once you learned a bit about Tyrion's (the midget's) past, you might change your mind.  But like it or not, eh, that's cool  8) 

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #414 on: April 01, 2015, 10:46:47 AM »
Heh, but the little dude is good.  Best midget actor I can think of, really. 

I think an obviously smart fella like you would indeed enjoy it if you gave it, oh, say two episodes.  I like it better than LOTR, and while those were excellent movies, GOT seems to have a few things that Tolkien's work lack; e.g., character development.  I'm not saying LOTR's characters stunk, but I (for one) care a lot more about what happens to a majority of the folks in Westeros, and that includes the nastiest, most sociopathic bad guys.

I really reckon once you learned a bit about Tyrion's (the midget's) past, you might change your mind.  But like it or not, eh, that's cool  8) 

I would let my kids watch LOTR or Hob...would encourage them too. Good and Bad evident and on display.

GOT? Never, ever ever........and I'd say 2 seasons 1,2 after that you're hooked

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #415 on: April 01, 2015, 10:57:08 AM »
I would let my kids watch LOTR or Hob...would encourage them too. Good and Bad evident and on display.

GOT? Never, ever ever........and I'd say 2 seasons 1,2 after that you're hooked

I read an article about how GOT uses the nude scenes to actually develop the plot where other shows just have nude scenes to show tits and ASS.  HBO actually tries to have dialogue that important to the storyline while they show snatch and tits.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #416 on: April 01, 2015, 11:05:05 AM »
I read an article about how GOT uses the nude scenes to actually develop the plot where other shows just have nude scenes to show tits and ASS.  HBO actually tries to have dialogue that important to the storyline while they show snatch and tits.

I am against dialogue when it comes to ass, snatch, or tits....for the record!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #417 on: April 09, 2015, 02:35:03 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #418 on: April 13, 2015, 09:32:23 PM »

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #419 on: April 13, 2015, 11:57:06 PM »
Even though Game of Thrones is filmed in my beautiful homeland I have never got in to it at all. The overall storyline/theme just does not interest me.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #420 on: April 14, 2015, 02:16:46 AM »
Didn't start watching until season 3 because I didn't think it would interest me.

It is by far, the best show on TV. Possibly ever.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #421 on: April 14, 2015, 07:40:35 AM »
This season deviates completely from the books.  The midget is not even in the story, actually the majority of the main characters are not in the story at this point.  Martin has a note in the book that he is going to come back to those characters but deviate in a different direction.  HBO just can't all of a sudden drop the majority of actors for a season so they decided to rewrite a lot of the storylines.  Not a fan of this.  I can live without some of the characters knowing it's closer to the book.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #422 on: April 14, 2015, 08:53:53 AM »
One thing that pissed me off is when they decided to show Dario's bare ass but Kaleesi all covered up in bed.  So is she not going to show us the tits and snatch now?

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #423 on: April 14, 2015, 09:31:09 AM »
One thing that pissed me off is when they decided to show Dario's bare ass but Kaleesi all covered up in bed.  So is she not going to show us the tits and snatch now?

Kaleesi has said she wants to be remembered for her acting and not her tits. Expect much less boobage from her if any at all.
S

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #424 on: April 14, 2015, 10:14:07 AM »
Endured all the way through to Season 2 or 3 and gave up halfway through. No real depth to the storyline nor is the world rendered fully. Half fantasy half real. At times it feels like a medieval story and the next moment there's Dragons flying around.