Author Topic: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV  (Read 309055 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV
« Reply #550 on: June 08, 2015, 04:51:47 PM »
I'm probably the only one missing all the action here ...

Is there a way to watch it without having to subscribe to HBO ? (besides buying the dvd's of course)

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The show is fairly easy to obtain via bit torrent if you do a bit of searching.  You won't find it on YouTube or anything.

You can also now subscribe to HBO all by itself for $15/mo (HBO Now app), don't need regular cable subscription.

If you're in Australia, you used to be able to buy/download the episodes as they air, but I don't think you an do this anymore, even if you manage to trick iTunes into thinking you're in Australia.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #551 on: June 08, 2015, 04:56:45 PM »
Yes the "event" I thought was going to happen did not happen.  Please tune in for next week :D

I agree though.

Now, I'm really excited to see what might happen in the finale.

This last episode was "ok" and while the dragon at the end was certainly entertaining (the music truly adds to the overall magic), I almost felt as if those spears that were getting through might have slowly started to inflict some damage.

Shittiest part is that even if the finale is amazing, then there is another year to wait for another season.

"1"

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #552 on: June 08, 2015, 04:58:21 PM »
Now, I'm really excited to see what might happen in the finale.

This last episode was "ok" and while the dragon at the end was certainly entertaining (the music truly adds to the overall magic), I almost felt as if those spears that were getting through might have slowly started to inflict some damage.

Shittiest part is that even if the finale is amazing, then there is another year to wait for another season.

"1"

I believed this because in all the previous seasons they have done their chessboard-smashing in Episode 9 then Episode 10 is the aftermath and setting things up for the next season.

There is a major major major thing still to happen, assuming they are wrapping up the major events from the most recent book in this season.  It can potentially be as shocking as the Red Wedding depending on how the present it.  If it's the very last thing in the episode this week then fade-to-black, people will go ape-shit :D

edit: actually I guess Tywin was killed in Episode 10 last season, I thought it was 9.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #553 on: June 08, 2015, 08:26:06 PM »
I believed this because in all the previous seasons they have done their chessboard-smashing in Episode 9 then Episode 10 is the aftermath and setting things up for the next season.

There is a major major major thing still to happen, assuming they are wrapping up the major events from the most recent book in this season.  It can potentially be as shocking as the Red Wedding depending on how the present it.  If it's the very last thing in the episode this week then fade-to-black, people will go ape-shit :D

edit: actually I guess Tywin was killed in Episode 10 last season, I thought it was 9.

****Spoiler*****

Are you talking about the stabbing of John Snow by the brothers of the watch?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #554 on: June 08, 2015, 08:57:03 PM »
^^^ Bd_Dd Yes but I didn't want to spoil it for our esteemed moderator OMR, you may respectively wish to edit your post.

Some fans take this show very seriously :o

Supposedly Stannis Baratheon is killed too (quote post to see), although in the book that's just in a letter that Jon gets from Ramsey, could be fake.  You don't see a corpse or anything.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #555 on: June 08, 2015, 10:35:00 PM »
^^^ Bd_Dd Yes but I didn't want to spoil it for our esteemed moderator OMR, you may respectively wish to edit your post.

Some fans take this show very seriously :o

Supposedly Stannis Baratheon is killed too (quote post to see), although in the book that's just in a letter that Jon gets from Ramsey, could be fake.  You don't see a corpse or anything.

Lol, it was just a guess on my my part. They telegraphed their intentions quite easily. Then you mentioned the wedding so....

Should let everyone suffer anyway cause the season sucked right?  ;D

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #556 on: June 09, 2015, 05:12:04 AM »
In that episode all we see is a ambitious man sacrificing all for his super ego, nothing else.

Not his ego, if he really believes he is Azor Azhai, then he did it for the greater good.

He did it for every man, woman and child in the kingdom.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #557 on: June 09, 2015, 07:12:03 AM »
hope Ramsey peels Stanis's face like a banana....most fathers would burn the world for their daughters.

I guess Melisandra needed a sacrifice so she can create another smoke baby. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #558 on: June 09, 2015, 07:17:00 AM »
There is no nobility in selflessness, the good of the many is a damnable ideal. Just like future rewards, Locke, Mills, Marks, Engels all demand sacrifice from all others but themselves...Religions, social ideologies all promise rewards later, while you squalor in your filth now.   

In that episode all we see is a ambitious man sacrificing all for his super ego, nothing else.

I would think that Stannis right hand man will either kill Melisandra or Stannis when he finds out what happens.  He loved the girl and doesn't agree at all with what's going on.  he especially hates the fire witch.  His loyalty will only go so far.

As for JS.  They've been setting it up all season for that little kid to do something "shocking".  Even Sam told him sometimes you need to do what you think is right and that kid had an evil idea.  He's not happy that John invited those wildings that killed his whole familia.  You'll expect that little kid to stick a knife right into John's heart next week.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #559 on: June 09, 2015, 12:12:14 PM »
Lol, it was just a guess on my my part. They telegraphed their intentions quite easily. Then you mentioned the wedding so....

Should let everyone suffer anyway cause the season sucked right?  ;D

It's had its moments but overall I would say this has been the weakest season so far by a pretty good margin.  They don't have a lot to work with, the two most recent books, which this season is based on, were not as good as the first three, lots of filler and plot lines not really going anywhere.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #560 on: June 09, 2015, 12:13:23 PM »
It's had its moments but overall I would say this has been the weakest season so far by a pretty good margin.  They don't have a lot to work with, the two most recent books, which this season is based on, were not as good as the first three, lots of filler and plot lines not really going anywhere.

It's the weakest because the whole season deviated from the books completely.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #561 on: June 09, 2015, 12:29:02 PM »
It's the weakest because the whole season deviated from the books completely.

I wouldn't say "completely" but they did merge a lot of plotlines.  The only extensive stuff in those two books I can think of that's really been cut entirely is Jamie's trip to the Riverlands and that group of Dornish guys (Quentyn?  The dude that got fried by the dragon), but I haven't read either of them in several years now.

Also the plot with the Dorne prince (Doran) to have his daughter marry the guy who may or may not be Dany's lost little brother?  I forget the details but that seems to have been axed except for Jorah getting the skin rash that that one guy got in the book.

Basically the whole Dorne plotline on the show seems like a waste of time and I'm not sure where they're going with it other than to give Jamie and Bronne some screentime this season.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #562 on: June 09, 2015, 12:42:03 PM »
The daughter getting burned never happened.  The Night King showing up never happened, Sansa marrying Ramsay never happened, Tyrion meeting Kaleesi never happened.

They based the majority of this season on storylines that don't happen in the books.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #563 on: June 09, 2015, 12:46:21 PM »
The daughter getting burned never happened.  The Night King showing up never happened, Sansa marrying Ramsay never happened, Tyrion meeting Kaleesi never happened.

They based the majority of this season on storylines that don't happen in the books.

True, but Martin has been quoted as saying the daughter will die. Probably not that way though. I'm sure he has a lot of influence over their decisions when it comes to story lines.
S

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #564 on: June 09, 2015, 12:49:28 PM »
The daughter getting burned never happened.  The Night King showing up never happened, Sansa marrying Ramsay never happened, Tyrion meeting Kaleesi never happened.

These are not "complete deviations" though.  Most of them are things that are in progress already in the books or something similar is going on:

- They've talked about burning the daughter frequently in the books (it will probably happen)
- Night's King is a real character in the books and is going to show up eventually
- Tyrion is well on his way to meeting up with Dany
- Ramsey married someone pretending to be a Stark daughter and Sansa is clearly being set up to go take back Winterfell eventually

They aren't just making whole plotlines up with no basis in the book story.  The showrunners know the broad strokes of how the entire story progresses and ends, this was one of the stipulations they made on the author before the show started.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #565 on: June 14, 2015, 09:19:52 PM »
Oh snap!  :o

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #566 on: June 14, 2015, 09:25:36 PM »
Oh snap!  :o

Haha yes :D

Jon Snow stabbed to death, fade to black, see you in nine months.  Show owns.

According to the actor, the show runners told him Jon is really-100%-not-coming-back dead (in the books this is left ambiguous).

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #567 on: June 14, 2015, 09:37:39 PM »
Seriously, though, is this show any good?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #568 on: June 14, 2015, 09:41:31 PM »
Seriously, though, is this show any good?

This season was marginal but the finale tonight was rad.  Overall it's a great show.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #569 on: June 14, 2015, 09:57:43 PM »
This season was marginal but the finale tonight was rad.  Overall it's a great show.

Dragons and shit, right?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #570 on: June 15, 2015, 09:00:23 AM »

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #571 on: June 15, 2015, 02:21:58 PM »
Couldn't wait for this season to end.

I'm not sure i'll watch the next.

8)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #572 on: June 15, 2015, 02:27:04 PM »
Jew made 'Dig' is interesting TV series.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #573 on: June 15, 2015, 02:56:32 PM »
Dragons and shit, right?

Dragons are minor.
Y

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #574 on: June 15, 2015, 02:56:38 PM »
Jew made 'Dig' is interesting TV series.

I quite liked it.