Author Topic: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV  (Read 308998 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV
« Reply #625 on: April 25, 2016, 05:59:52 PM »

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #626 on: April 25, 2016, 07:50:06 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #627 on: April 25, 2016, 08:19:58 PM »
great start to the season.   dialogue is less witty than usual.  new writers?

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #628 on: April 25, 2016, 10:35:36 PM »
Now that they are veering away from the books, I believe the quality is going to drop off a cliff.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #629 on: April 25, 2016, 10:55:14 PM »
You think cowboy bebop is better then games of thrones?
Cowboy bebop isn't even better then serial experiment lain.  ::)

Far better.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #630 on: April 26, 2016, 06:03:59 PM »
i started reading the books about 10 years before the tv series was made

martins writing has gotten much worst the past two books, he also has a serious case of writers block

he has only put out 2 books in 16 years,  i doubt he will ever finish the series, plus hes a fat slob he could die any day

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #631 on: April 26, 2016, 06:07:34 PM »
i started reading the books about 10 years before the tv series was made

martins writing has gotten much worst the past two books, he also has a serious case of writers block

he has only put out 2 books in 16 years,  i doubt he will ever finish the series, plus hes a fat slob he could die any day

I saw an interview with him recently, looks like he does not lift (or move around much at all).

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #632 on: April 26, 2016, 06:14:12 PM »
I saw an interview with him recently, looks like he does not lift (or move around much at all).

hulk i think all he does now is eat sleep shit and watch football games. 

he is living off his hbo money,   that is why i dont think he will ever finish the books    2 books in 16 years is a bad pace.   

i remember it happened to stephen king with his dark tower books, but he sat down and wrote the last  3 books in a year.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #633 on: April 26, 2016, 07:42:46 PM »

he is living off his hbo money,   that is why i dont think he will ever finish the books    2 books in 16 years is a bad pace.   

i remember it happened to stephen king with his dark tower books, but he sat down and wrote the last  3 books in a year.

Seems like a prick as we'll. While HBO was urging him to finish the books he went ahead and wrote a completely different book.  Think he's just fucking with HBO now.  They realize it and pretty much wrote this whole season himself.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #634 on: April 26, 2016, 08:03:23 PM »

He's finishing up a long off season. He'll be back to writing and lifting soon to prep for the Kings Landing Invitational.
S

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #635 on: April 26, 2016, 08:31:00 PM »
Seems like a prick as we'll. While HBO was urging him to finish the books he went ahead and wrote a completely different book.  Think he's just fucking with HBO now.  They realize it and pretty much wrote this whole season himself.

yes he snaps at his die hard fans as well, the people who kept who on the table for him long before h.b.o

he wrote the first 3 books in a span of 5 years.  and has put out two in the past 16- the past two books have not been good at all.

but he has worked on other shitty books that people dont care about or buy.   if he gets the books done now i will be surprised.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #636 on: April 26, 2016, 09:11:51 PM »
GAME OF THRONES’ Joseph Naufahu on Being the New Khal in Town

http://nerdist.com/game-of-thrones-joseph-naufahu-khal-moro-ghost-in-the-shell/

Since the end of Game of Thrones season one, there has been a massive, Jason Momoa-shaped hole in our hearts. Ever since the hulking leader of the Dothraki horde shuffled off this mortal coil, we have not encountered anyone quite like him. Sure, Daenerys Targaryen came into her own as the Mother of Dragons and the Khaleesi, but apart from a few Dothraki here and there, as well as her Bloodriders, we haven’t really encountered another Khal…until now. On Sunday night’s season 6 premiere, Joseph Naufahu made his unforgettable debut as Khal Moro, the leader of the Dothraki khalasar that captured Daenerys at the end of season 5. While he is a musclebound behemoth of a man, this Khal isn’t all grunting and murder; rather, he seems to possess a sense of humor as well as an insatiable bloodlust. With Daenerys under his “protection” as they transport the widowed Khaleesi to Vaes Dothrak, it is all but guaranteed that we’ll be seeing an awful lot of Khal Moro this season.

Fortunately, actor Joseph Naufahu does not share his on-screen counterpart’s qualms about boarding ships and crossing the Narrow Sea. While in Los Angeles, Naufahu came by our studio to chat about his character, his first day on set, the sticky prank Emilia Clarke played on him, and much more — including a tidbit about working on the upcoming Scarlett Johansson-starring Ghost in the Shell adaptation.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #637 on: April 27, 2016, 03:52:39 AM »

For two decades, I looked forward to the Dark Tower books, so well written and seemed to tie all of the King books together. His last Dark Tower was a travesty. He should have been sued for writer malpractice. He totally phoned that shit in and ruined what could have been his greatest property. Fuck, I am still mad about that.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #638 on: April 27, 2016, 04:01:20 AM »
For two decades, I looked forward to the Dark Tower books, so well written and seemed to tie all of the King books together. His last Dark Tower was a travesty. He should have been sued for writer malpractice. He totally phoned that shit in and ruined what could have been his greatest property. Fuck, I am still mad about that.

aj bro yes i agree, i am in same boat i spent nearly 20 fucking years waiting for that series to complete

my dad, was really into it, the ending dissapointed him so much he refuses to read anything king writes now.   the ending was horrible

and how he killed  flag such a let down.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #639 on: April 27, 2016, 09:12:49 AM »
GAME OF THRONES’ Joseph Naufahu on Being the New Khal in Town

http://nerdist.com/game-of-thrones-joseph-naufahu-khal-moro-ghost-in-the-shell/

Since the end of Game of Thrones season one, there has been a massive, Jason Momoa-shaped hole in our hearts. Ever since the hulking leader of the Dothraki horde shuffled off this mortal coil, we have not encountered anyone quite like him. Sure, Daenerys Targaryen came into her own as the Mother of Dragons and the Khaleesi, but apart from a few Dothraki here and there, as well as her Bloodriders, we haven’t really encountered another Khal…until now. On Sunday night’s season 6 premiere, Joseph Naufahu made his unforgettable debut as Khal Moro, the leader of the Dothraki khalasar that captured Daenerys at the end of season 5. While he is a musclebound behemoth of a man, this Khal isn’t all grunting and murder; rather, he seems to possess a sense of humor as well as an insatiable bloodlust. With Daenerys under his “protection” as they transport the widowed Khaleesi to Vaes Dothrak, it is all but guaranteed that we’ll be seeing an awful lot of Khal Moro this season.

Fortunately, actor Joseph Naufahu does not share his on-screen counterpart’s qualms about boarding ships and crossing the Narrow Sea. While in Los Angeles, Naufahu came by our studio to chat about his character, his first day on set, the sticky prank Emilia Clarke played on him, and much more — including a tidbit about working on the upcoming Scarlett Johansson-starring Ghost in the Shell adaptation.

that whole exchange about "well, okay, maybe one of the top 5 things" was awkward and unfunny.   It reeked of effort.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #640 on: April 27, 2016, 09:27:24 AM »

Robert Jordan died before finishing Wheel of Time. The last three books were written by a different author too finish. Started the first but wasn't the same style. Stinks when you read all the others and never get to see it truly finished.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #641 on: April 27, 2016, 10:05:28 AM »
that whole exchange about "well, okay, maybe one of the top 5 things" was awkward and unfunny.   It reeked of effort.

Now it's a bunch Harvard Jew Grads in their 20's who took writing that are now the screen writers.  It's not the same show anymore.  The same was the midget talking to the lady who thought he wanted to eat her baby.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #642 on: April 27, 2016, 10:17:57 AM »
i was a huge fan as well, what do you think of idris elba being picked as Roland for the movie?  Book VII I think was shitty because he was having trouble coming off pain killers.  I thought Wind Through The Keyhole was great though I think it's DT 4 1/2

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #643 on: April 27, 2016, 01:23:07 PM »
A

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #644 on: April 27, 2016, 02:06:28 PM »
Q

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #645 on: April 27, 2016, 03:04:01 PM »
A

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #646 on: April 28, 2016, 05:00:50 AM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #647 on: May 01, 2016, 06:36:26 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #648 on: May 01, 2016, 07:06:49 PM »
I wondered since they didn't burn the bodies when he would get up and start killing.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #649 on: May 01, 2016, 07:07:26 PM »
This season is starting out great.