Author Topic: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV  (Read 309018 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: A Game of Thrones - best show on TV
« Reply #925 on: June 26, 2016, 09:22:45 PM »
Nice body count too except that septa, who will suffer for a while. Shame. Shame. Shame.

GAME OF THRONES Theories: Why Rhaegar Targaryen Fell In Love With Lyanna Stark

http://nerdist.com/game-of-thrones-theories-why-rhaegar-targaryen-fell-in-love-with-lyanna-stark/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #926 on: June 26, 2016, 11:00:22 PM »
pretty good episode.  Shame about the fine ass queen.   seeing tommen cope with it was hilarious.

Is it 1 more season or 2?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #927 on: June 27, 2016, 07:46:10 AM »
Probably one of the best episodes of the series but the writers just dragged shit all season to make an epic finale.  I'm glad Cersei wiped out the entire Sparrow storyline with one blow.  I wonder why in the Bran vision they make Ned keep looking back like he can see Bran?  I guess in future shows Bran will talk to people in his vision?  I would love to see a little slut action with the sand snake triplets and Khaleesi.  LOL at the midget convincing her to leave Dario behind because he now loves her.   I guess for her it won't be as easy as she thinks to get to Westeros.  Winter is here, the Iron Island army is building a fleet to go after the traitors.
Nice reveal that everyone knew that John I the heir to the 7 kingdoms.  I guess he won't hook with Dany unless they want Aunt/nephew sex on the show.  Poor John getting sexy eye from the 10 year old queen.  A little awkward to say the least.  haha.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #928 on: June 27, 2016, 09:57:57 AM »
so basically if you have a targareyan baby, it kills you?

Therefore Tyrion is the 3rd Targaryn, right?

That limp-wrist dude that wore the gold crown wouldn't have melted if he was a True Targareyan. 

So Jon Snow, Khaleesi, and Tyrion all killed their moms in childbirth?   And the dragons didn't mess with Tyrion, and Jon said don't burn him (and he was born of that affair with mad king).

I'm guessing just as danerys is about to beat queen cersei's armies, they'll have the iron islands crew show up to cramp their style.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #929 on: June 27, 2016, 10:02:38 AM »
so basically if you have a targareyan baby, it kills you?

Therefore Tyrion is the 3rd Targaryn, right?

That limp-wrist dude that wore the gold crown wouldn't have melted if he was a True Targareyan.  

So Jon Snow, Khaleesi, and Tyrion all killed their moms in childbirth?   And the dragons didn't mess with Tyrion, and Jon said don't burn him (and he was born of that affair with mad king).

I'm guessing just as danerys is about to beat queen cersei's armies, they'll have the iron islands crew show up to cramp their style.

The White Walkers are going to be the thing that screws up the Game of Thrones.  All will have to unite to defeat them.
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #930 on: June 27, 2016, 10:04:57 AM »
I think the White Walkers are going to be the thing that screws up the Game of Thrones.

yeah, it's a cool soap opera with incest, murder, politics... and then it's going to turn into a zombie show.

I didn't like when BenJen said "magic spell keeps us out" - Kinda one of those things you don't say out loud.  "As long as the wall stands" tells us it is falling.  

More looking fwd to the battle for king's landing.  I guess we'll see Cersei/Jaime fall... Danerys take over, work out a deal with Jon Snow, then unite to protect the kingdom from the walkers.

They pulled off a good season finale.  This season was excellent.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #931 on: June 27, 2016, 10:19:26 AM »
yeah, it's a cool soap opera with incest, murder, politics... and then it's going to turn into a zombie show.

I didn't like when BenJen said "magic spell keeps us out" - Kinda one of those things you don't say out loud.  "As long as the wall stands" tells us it is falling.  

More looking fwd to the battle for king's landing.  I guess we'll see Cersei/Jaime fall... Danerys take over, work out a deal with Jon Snow, then unite to protect the kingdom from the walkers.

Oh, yeah, this season was great.  I liked the last episode a tad better, but this was cool.

Snow said said something as he left the wall like "try not to knock it down" or some joke like that.   I think that's what tipped it off to me - figured the Wall would either be destroyed by Brann, the wakers, or intentionally to try to crush them.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #932 on: June 27, 2016, 11:27:51 AM »

I didn't like when BenJen said "magic spell keeps us out" - Kinda one of those things you don't say out loud.  "As long as the wall stands" tells us it is falling.   

More looking fwd to the battle for king's landing.  I guess we'll see Cersei/Jaime fall... Danerys take over, work out a deal with Jon Snow, then unite to protect the kingdom from the walkers.

I don't get that magic spell thing when the wildlings were able to get through.  Cersei is a mean bitch.  Wanted to burn her son.  Just burn them all.  Wonder if the mountain is raping that torturing bitch.  hahaha.  Some good shit last episode.  Is she truly the rightful heir to the throne if her son died?

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #933 on: June 27, 2016, 11:35:46 AM »
Sansa looked a little pissed when they made Snow king. Her and Littlefinger will conspire against him now.
S

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #934 on: June 27, 2016, 11:37:31 AM »
Excellent episode. The first 15 minutes were more chilling than any horror movie I've seen in the last year. The direction and music were standout.

I don't have the elephantine memory a lot of people have when it comes to this show, but in regards to not much happening this season, I was trying to think what storylines could have moved faster or been dropped. Arya's is the only one that dragged. Dany seems to cover a lot of the same ground (how many times has she given that speech she gave to the dothraki?), but the story moved forward. Every other storyline moved at an appropriate pace. The season was great overall. I think people are just a little conditioned to complain about this show.

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #935 on: June 27, 2016, 11:46:46 AM »
Excellent episode .... The ... music [was] standout.

Yes!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #936 on: June 27, 2016, 11:48:22 AM »
Excellent episode. The first 15 minutes were more chilling than any horror movie I've seen in the last year. The direction and music were standout.

I don't have the elephantine memory a lot of people have when it comes to this show, but in regards to not much happening this season, I was trying to think what storylines could have moved faster or been dropped. Arya's is the only one that dragged. Dany seems to cover a lot of the same ground (how many times has she given that speech she gave to the dothraki), but the story moved forward. Every other storyline moved at an appropriate pace. The season was great overall. I think people are just used to complaining about this show.

They made up for the Arya storyline with her killing the Frey dude.  She's on her ninja assassin mission now.  Loved how all episode she was teasing Jamie Lannister but interesting how at one point he gave her an inquisitive look.  His alarm bells went off but he probably didn't know why. Just good intuition that something didn't seem right with the waitress.  Did Arya really kill the sons and bake them into the bread?  hahaha.  She is full blown psycho Hannibal lecter now.

In regards to the post above.  Sansa was smiling the whole time they made John King.  She only looked pissed when everyone was cheering but she saw little finger standing there silent.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #937 on: June 27, 2016, 11:53:19 AM »
In regards to the post above.  Sansa was smiling the whole time they made John King.  She only looked pissed when everyone was cheering but she saw little finger standing there silent.

Yeah, my interpretation was that she was more concerned that they were now allied with a snake like littlefinger, but the writers could reasonably go in either direction. Her explanation for why she wasn't forthcoming about the knights of the vale didn't really make sense to me. I felt like there were a few explanations that actually would have made sense.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #938 on: June 27, 2016, 11:57:23 AM »
Yeah, my interpretation was that she was more concerned that they were now allied with a snake like littlefinger, but the writers could reasonably go in either direction. Her explanation for why she wasn't forthcoming about the knights of the vale didn't really make sense to me. I felt like there were a few explanations that actually would have made sense.

yeah, when little finger said he wants to sit on the throne with her by his side she replied "that's a pretty picture".  Not sure if she's just leading him on or serious.  Bitch knew they were coming but didn't tell john who could have died during the battle at any moment.  Not a nice thing to do.  Maybe Arya will slit her throat.  haha

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #939 on: June 27, 2016, 01:21:18 PM »
I don't get that magic spell thing when the wildlings were able to get through.  Cersei is a mean bitch.  Wanted to burn her son.  Just burn them all.  Wonder if the mountain is raping that torturing bitch.  hahaha.  Some good shit last episode.  Is she truly the rightful heir to the throne if her son died?

Mountain wouldn't let Tommen leave his room to attend the trial.   Cersei wanted to protect him from getting blown up with everyone else.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #940 on: June 27, 2016, 01:30:57 PM »
They made up for the Arya storyline with her killing the Frey dude.  She's on her ninja assassin mission now.  Loved how all episode she was teasing Jamie Lannister but interesting how at one point he gave her an inquisitive look.  His alarm bells went off but he probably didn't know why. Just good intuition that something didn't seem right with the waitress.  Did Arya really kill the sons and bake them into the bread?  hahaha.  She is full blown psycho Hannibal lecter now.

In regards to the post above.  Sansa was smiling the whole time they made John King.  She only looked pissed when everyone was cheering but she saw little finger standing there silent.

I didn't notice that. I'll have to watch it again. Thanks.
S

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #941 on: June 27, 2016, 01:49:50 PM »
Mountain wouldn't let Tommen leave his room to attend the trial.   Cersei wanted to protect him from getting blown up with everyone else.

She didn't seem that distraught about his death.  She probably realized she can finally be queen.  If the King died in the blast she could have been charged but if he killed himself she gets away with it.

doggler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #942 on: June 27, 2016, 02:16:30 PM »

Wildilings are people from the other side of the wall. You confused them with White walkers / zombies.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #943 on: June 27, 2016, 02:17:28 PM »
She didn't seem that distraught about his death.  She probably realized she can finally be queen.  If the King died in the blast she could have been charged but if he killed himself she gets away with it.

She'd already lost two children and he chose to die after essentially throwing her to the wolves and turning his back on her. Also, she's just a bitch. I haven't read the books, but I've heard that in them Cersei's portrayed as not really caring for any of the children besides Joffrey.

Just can't get over how much better last night's finale was compared to  " The Walking Dead". That is how you do a season finale in the internet age. They closed off a bunch of story lines and set the next part of the story in motion.

A piano cover of the soundtrack was posted upthread. For anyone who cares, here's the version that appeared during last night's episode.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #944 on: June 27, 2016, 02:18:40 PM »
Wildilings are people from the other side of the wall. You confused them with White walkers / zombies.

Didn't wildlings get through in  the battle from 2 seasons ago and then retreat?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #945 on: June 27, 2016, 02:54:41 PM »
Excellent finale and probably the best season yet. Out of the 10 episodes, I can only remember 1 episode that was slow and seemed like an hour-long tease.

So far, the show has rekindled my interest and I'm glad, as the last 2-3 seasons pretty much sucked in my opinion.

Sucks that we have to wait so long for the next season and that supposedly it's going to be a short one (6-7 episodes?).

"1"

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #946 on: June 27, 2016, 04:43:05 PM »
Excellent finale and probably the best season yet. Out of the 10 episodes, I can only remember 1 episode that was slow and seemed like an hour-long tease.

So far, the show has rekindled my interest and I'm glad, as the last 2-3 seasons pretty much sucked in my opinion.

Sucks that we have to wait so long for the next season and that supposedly it's going to be a short one (6-7 episodes?).

"1"

I thought it was the best season since the first one, very good overall.

I read something a bit ago where the show's creators said they have about 15 episodes (or maybe it was 15 hours) worth of material left.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #947 on: June 27, 2016, 05:25:57 PM »
So is Jon Snow gonna get with Khaleesi?  I thought he was the Ice and she was the Fire, but now I'm not so sure.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #948 on: June 27, 2016, 05:30:49 PM »
So is Jon Snow gonna get with Khaleesi?  I thought he was the Ice and she was the Fire, but now I'm not so sure.

There is a very strong chance he is her nephew  :-* :-X :-\

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #949 on: June 27, 2016, 06:19:58 PM »
So is Jon Snow gonna get with Khaleesi?  I thought he was the Ice and she was the Fire, but now I'm not so sure.
Incest never stopped them before.  I'd prefer she bang the midget but again he might also be related to her.