Author Topic: Old age........what you gonna do ?  (Read 11671 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Old age........what you gonna do ?
« on: April 25, 2012, 01:14:42 PM »
Today my great-aunt (my fathers aunt) turned 103.....holy shit.
She's fysically very weak of course, mentally ok though...

Do you wanna get this old ?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Old age........what you gonna do ?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 01:15:22 PM »
As long as my penis works I would

TooMuchMuscle4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 01:15:38 PM »
Dead by 104

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 01:18:15 PM »
As long as my penis works I would
Friend of mine's grandparents are still doing it. His grandfather is actually at heat a bit to much for grandma's taste, so she secretly puts Valium in his porridge in the morning.....not kidding    ;D 8)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 01:20:27 PM »
Getting old is a self regulating process isn't it. If you don't want to live longer, you probably won't. Most century old people seem to love their lives. I'm only quarter century old so I have no idea how long I wanna live.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 01:25:50 PM »
Getting old is a self regulating process isn't it. If you don't want to live longer, you probably won't. Most century old people seem to love their lives. I'm only quarter century old so I have no idea how long I wanna live.
100 plus people are mostly very laid back people. They drink a bit, smoke a bit sometimes.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 01:27:02 PM »
I am not hoping to live much past 65-70, let's put it this way.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 01:27:57 PM »
my granddad died aged 95, a year and a half ago- I can only hope to get to that age
In 70 years there may be some sort of serious life extension technology around- you may not need to die, ever :)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 01:30:48 PM »
Getting old, it aint for pussies.  Seriously though, I want to live forever, I don't care how bad I look.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 01:32:41 PM »
my granddad died aged 95, a year and a half ago- I can only hope to get to that age
In 70 years there may be some sort of serious life extension technology around- you may not need to die, ever :)
Calorie restriction and low level exercise seem to be life extending. Bodybuilding definitely is not.... :(

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 01:35:12 PM »
Calorie restriction and low level exercise seem to be life extending. Bodybuilding definitely is not.... :(

I know... calorie restriction sucks though
I think strength training has shown benefits? maybe you can confirm

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 01:46:15 PM »
ask simon cowell about his plans to live forever. He  has potions made from the sperm of a mountain goat and such like everyday. plus he's already signed up to be cryogenically frozen so he can be brought back later on when they have the technology to do so.
Not a bad idea

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 01:48:15 PM »
I know... calorie restriction sucks though
I think strength training has shown benefits? maybe you can confirm
Only high rep stuff.....no hypertrophy, but maintaining stuff. Not about looking buff.... :-\

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 01:54:41 PM »
I just want to keep banging 18 year old girls

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 02:21:05 PM »
ask simon cowell about his plans to live forever. He  has potions made from the sperm of a mountain goat and such like everyday. plus he's already signed up to be cryogenically frozen so he can be brought back later on when they have the technology to do so.
Not a bad idea

A very progressive minded person. I'd say people who think about that currently are crop of the cream intellectually. Most are too indulged into their senseless routines and little worlds to think outside the box.
 People livin way longer will be a usual thing, and it won't take very long to reach that point. These who are aware of the progress in these sciences - already know this..
 We may be the last generations to die of an old age at all (I mean - in civilised countries, and if wealthy enough. Not ridiculously wealthy, just above average.).

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 02:36:23 PM »
I have no desire to be alive if my body is completely weakened.
Any time I have been laid up with an injury, or recovering from a crazy illness, I wonder if that is what it is like
all the time for people that are extremely old.
I am bitter enough as it is, I can imagine myself being extremely frustrated if I had to move slowly or felt weak
at all times.
I hope my mind calms and becomes more accepting of things as I age, because I know right now I could not handle
being in a weakened state.

My grandfather died not too long ago at age 77. He got liver cancer and it took him down in a matter of weeks. He
was completely healthy before that, moved around like a healthy guy half his age. My other grandfather died in his
sleep of a heart attack, he was a working cardiologist and avid tennis player and runner. Both of them were living
great up until their deaths.... that is how I want it to be for myself. I fear being weak and unable to defend myself or
do physical activities that I enjoy. I would prefer being healthy up to the end, and then crapping out as a result of
something that hits hard and quick.
Too many people seem to suffer and have prolonged deaths that last for a decade or so.... that is not something I could
not handle. My friends' parents that have gone through that kind of end all talked about suicide in their last years. I can't
imagine the feelings of depression and hopelessness that they may have been feeling during those times.

For me, quality of life is far more important than quantity.
Healthy, active 75 year old dropping dead one night > Weak and frail 95 year old slowly dying over the course of years.

the trainer

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 02:38:35 PM »

[/quote

fuck college girls so i feel young

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 02:58:08 PM »

Absolutely, technology is advancing rapidly. By the time most here are 103, 103 will not be the same 103 it currently is, mentally or physically.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 03:24:49 PM »
Getting old, it aint for pussies.  Seriously though, I want to live forever, I don't care how bad I look.

x2.  I would want to live to be 100 if I were physically OK, mentally sharp, and had the financial resources to take care of myself.  Being sick and/or a financial drain on your loved ones is not a good place to be.  No matter how much they love you, no one wants that.  I think 80 is a full life.  Anything past that is gravy.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 03:28:07 PM »
Old age sucks.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 03:31:22 PM »
My grandfather will be 91 in a few months. He was absolutely fine physically and mentally until the age of 88 when my grandmother died - they'd been married for over 60 years. Almost overnight he lost his mind with depression, then had a stroke, and has never been the same since. Shame to see how he's gone - it sounds bad but I just wish he would die peacefully in his sleep because he's got no quality of life anymore.  :'(

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 03:35:00 PM »

Absolutely, technology is advancing rapidly. By the time most here are 103, 103 will not be the same 103 it currently is, mentally or physically.

People have been saying this for ages. I look at it the same way people said we would all be in flying car at the beginning of the 21st century. As long as corporations run the world, humanity may get a few more years out of life but they most certainly are going to be a hellish few more years for most. We are all being hit with way too many toxins from all angles and the health care system doesn't want to cure shit. The Billionaires of the world are still dropping dead like any other normal human being. And these are people who have access to anything and everything.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 03:39:05 PM »
People have been saying this for ages. I look at it the same way people said we would all be in flying car at the beginning of the 21st century. As long as corporations run the world, humanity may get a few more years out of life but they most certainly are going to be a hellish few more years for most. We are all being hit with way too many toxins from all angles and the health care system doesn't want to cure shit. The Billionaires of the world are still dropping dead like any other normal human being. And these are people who have access to anything and everything.

It's already happened as far as living longer. I've heard the flying car prediction argument before but, as far as practicality, the immediate info available via the internet and computer are WAY beyond what people predicted.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 03:40:56 PM »
I turned 50 this year...in 2008 I had a huge thyroid tumor and half of my thyroid out.  2009 I ripped a distal bicep tendon off the bone and needed surgery.  2010 I had another thyroid tumor and the other half of my thyroid out.  Six weeks after that Ii fell on a concrete floor and snapped my humerus...that took a plate and  six screws to fix and screwed up my median nerve to the point my grip strength is half what it was.  Went from a fairly lean 280 to 325 in about 4 months time after the humerus break.  I'm just now starting to feel like getting back at it like I used to.

Getting old sucks...getting old and injured REALLY sucks.

I've been  Financial Advisor for about 10 years...my family MD and I have bith seen people work their lives to retire and then go completely downhill and die in less than a year once they do.  We think you should be able to work until you're 45 then get social security and penalty free access to your IRA for the next 10 years while you actually enjoy a life and then work til you die.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 04:22:19 PM »
Today my great-aunt (my fathers aunt) turned 103

WYHI?