Author Topic: The Atheist Thread  (Read 90038 times)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Re: The Atheist Thread
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2012, 03:35:21 AM »
And what purpose do homosexuals serve in the grand scheme of evolution, again?
Good point. We need to keep reproducing at record levels.

We barely have seven billion people on the planet, way too many resources and our pollution levels are incredibly low.

Keep reading that bible of yours and educating the rest of us.
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2012, 03:35:56 AM »
Not to mention the fact that you're a man of hate.
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »
G

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2012, 08:46:52 AM »
Good point. We need to keep reproducing at record levels.

We barely have seven billion people on the planet, way too many resources and our pollution levels are incredibly low.

Keep reading that bible of yours and educating the rest of us.

I'm sorry. What would that purpose be for homosexuality again, in the grand scheme of evolution?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2012, 01:35:24 PM »

You're 100% meme and 0% substance.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2012, 05:41:07 PM »
McWay, you need to become a better Christian and reject evolution.

It's a plot by the libtards.

Thirty Percent of Texans Think Dinosaurs Lived With Humans

And Another Thirty Percent Say They're Not Sure!

This is so very embarrassing it makes me want to walk down every street in my neighborhood and conduct my own door-to-door survey - and if the results are as fantastical as this, relocate to a more enlightened part of the country.  Honestly, are we living in 2010 or 1910?  We all know that religious fanatics like Sarah Palin, James Dobson, and born-again Texas Governor Rick Perry believe there were velociraptors in the Garden of Eden, peacefully munching on ferns and fig leaves.  But I simply can't wrap my head around the fact that one in three of my neighbors might be this scientifically challenged.  Where's my clipboard?  I'm ringing some doorbells.   
Amanda Terkel at Think Progress delivers the bad tidings:  A new University of Texas/Texas Tribune survey shows how destructive a politicized right-wing curriculum can be. A large number of Texans polled said they still don’t believe in evolution and are convinced that humans and dinosaurs co-existed...  Refusing to believe in evolution is a point of pride for many conservatives, who are also trying to indoctrinate young people with their same misguided views. The right-wing Texas State Board of Education has been reviewing the direction of the state’s social studies curriculum and textbook standards.  (Poll results below.)

•51 percent disagree with the statement, "Human beings, as we know them today, developed from earlier species of animals."
 •38 percent agree with the statement, "God created human beings pretty much in their present form about 10,000 years ago."
 •30 percent agree with the statement, "Humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time." Another 30 percent said they "don’t know" whether the statement is true.

From the Texas Tribune:  The questions were devised by David Prindle, a University of Texas government professor who authored a book called Stephen Jay Gould and the Politics of Evolution, about the late evolutionary biologist. "The end in mind is to establish the relationships, not just to get raw public opinion," he says. "We can do some fancy statistical stuff.  Is it religion driving politics or is politics driving religion?  My hypothesis is that religious views drive politics...  Prindle says the results recall a line from comedian Lewis Black. "He did a standup routine a few years back in which he said that a significant proportion of the American people think that the 'The Flintstones' is a documentary," Prindle says. "Turns out he was right. Thirty percent of Texans agree that humans and dinosaurs lived on the earth at the same time."  (Blatant ignorance like this is more than discouraging.  It's downright scary.)
G

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2012, 10:07:16 PM »
McWay, you need to become a better Christian and reject evolution.

It's a plot by the libtards.

Thirty Percent of Texans Think Dinosaurs Lived With Humans

And Another Thirty Percent Say They're Not Sure!

This is so very embarrassing it makes me want to walk down every street in my neighborhood and conduct my own door-to-door survey - and if the results are as fantastical as this, relocate to a more enlightened part of the country.  Honestly, are we living in 2010 or 1910?  We all know that religious fanatics like Sarah Palin, James Dobson, and born-again Texas Governor Rick Perry believe there were velociraptors in the Garden of Eden, peacefully munching on ferns and fig leaves.  But I simply can't wrap my head around the fact that one in three of my neighbors might be this scientifically challenged.  Where's my clipboard?  I'm ringing some doorbells.   
Amanda Terkel at Think Progress delivers the bad tidings:  A new University of Texas/Texas Tribune survey shows how destructive a politicized right-wing curriculum can be. A large number of Texans polled said they still don’t believe in evolution and are convinced that humans and dinosaurs co-existed...  Refusing to believe in evolution is a point of pride for many conservatives, who are also trying to indoctrinate young people with their same misguided views. The right-wing Texas State Board of Education has been reviewing the direction of the state’s social studies curriculum and textbook standards.  (Poll results below.)

•51 percent disagree with the statement, "Human beings, as we know them today, developed from earlier species of animals."
 •38 percent agree with the statement, "God created human beings pretty much in their present form about 10,000 years ago."
 •30 percent agree with the statement, "Humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time." Another 30 percent said they "don’t know" whether the statement is true.

From the Texas Tribune:  The questions were devised by David Prindle, a University of Texas government professor who authored a book called Stephen Jay Gould and the Politics of Evolution, about the late evolutionary biologist. "The end in mind is to establish the relationships, not just to get raw public opinion," he says. "We can do some fancy statistical stuff.  Is it religion driving politics or is politics driving religion?  My hypothesis is that religious views drive politics...  Prindle says the results recall a line from comedian Lewis Black. "He did a standup routine a few years back in which he said that a significant proportion of the American people think that the 'The Flintstones' is a documentary," Prindle says. "Turns out he was right. Thirty percent of Texans agree that humans and dinosaurs lived on the earth at the same time."  (Blatant ignorance like this is more than discouraging.  It's downright scary.)

And this has what to do with what purpose homosexuality serves in evolution again? Maybe if you actually answer a question or two, you wouldn't sound as hollow and pathetic as you do.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2012, 03:28:47 AM »
And this has what to do with what purpose homosexuality serves in evolution again? Maybe if you actually answer a question or two, you wouldn't sound as hollow and pathetic as you do.
Why even bother arguing science with someone who holds wilful ignorance in such high esteem?

The book you base your life on has been proven empirically and demonstrably false so often that, to a reasonable man, it woul have been abandoned long ago.

Just forget the parts that are obviously wrong, ignore the sections that would appeal to mercy and use only what you can to hate and oppress others.

In other words, be a man of god.

BTW, I've already explained how homosexuality could be of benefit to the human race. You chose to ignore it, which has nothing to do with me.

G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2012, 06:43:18 AM »
G

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2012, 01:58:37 PM »
Why even bother arguing science with someone who holds wilful ignorance in such high esteem?

The book you base your life on has been proven empirically and demonstrably false so often that, to a reasonable man, it woul have been abandoned long ago.

Just forget the parts that are obviously wrong, ignore the sections that would appeal to mercy and use only what you can to hate and oppress others.

In other words, be a man of god.

BTW, I've already explained how homosexuality could be of benefit to the human race. You chose to ignore it, which has nothing to do with me.

Argue science? My degree's in engineering. In what is your degree again?

Proven wrong? Skeptics have been saying that for centuries, only to end up royally embarrassed because (despite their best efforts), they can't get rid of this pesky book, which history continues to validate and verify. But, keep trying.

Who said I ignore any parts in Scripture about mercy, unless you are of the boneheaded mindset that having mercy equates to condoning or legislating something that is morally WRONG?

Unless I missed it, your so-called explanation was simply about population control (as if we really need homosexuality for that; or are you hoping the HIV/AIDS factor will start whacking down the population).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2012, 02:01:36 PM »

Apparently, you need to take your own advice. Nowhere does it state that Adam and Eve has JUST two sons. Furthermore, it also state that one of them had a WIFE.

Thanks for playing.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2012, 06:28:36 AM »
Apparently, you need to take your own advice. Nowhere does it state that Adam and Eve has JUST two sons. Furthermore, it also state that one of them had a WIFE.

Thanks for playing.

So you are just admitting that the population is due to incest?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2012, 06:30:22 AM »
I'm sorry. What would that purpose be for homosexuality again, in the grand scheme of evolution?

Don't stop there.  Include sterile/impotent people.  The elderly.  Children who have not reach child bearing capabilities yet.  Don't limit it to a basis of sexuality. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2012, 06:41:00 AM »
So you are just admitting that the population is due to incest?

Yep! Of course, if you believe that man "evolved" from a common ancestor, then you basically believe the same thing.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2012, 06:50:05 AM »
Don't stop there.  Include sterile/impotent people.  The elderly.  Children who have not reach child bearing capabilities yet.  Don't limit it to a basis of sexuality. 

And what would their purpose be, in the grand scheme of evolution, too? Maybe you can address this, since Garebear seems to be tongue-tied.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2012, 07:23:14 AM »
And what would their purpose be, in the grand scheme of evolution, too? Maybe you can address this, since Garebear seems to be tongue-tied.

They have none.  The point I was making is that you seem to base your argument on sexuality instead of encompassing a broader spectrum that harbors the same defining principle (they can't procreate) 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2012, 07:24:33 AM »
Yep! Of course, if you believe that man "evolved" from a common ancestor, then you basically believe the same thing.

So how did you come about?  Every picture I have seen of Adam and Eve and the lot they were all white. 

Who fucked who to give us the chinese?  Are slanted eyes a result of parental sin as well like you claim MS, retardation, etc... are?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2012, 07:33:42 AM »
So how did you come about?  Every picture I have seen of Adam and Eve and the lot they were all white. 

Who fucked who to give us the chinese?  Are slanted eyes a result of parental sin as well like you claim MS, retardation, etc... are?

So, the difference between your belief in a "common ancestor", as it relates to evolution vs. Adam and Eve would be......

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2012, 07:38:51 AM »
They have none.  The point I was making is that you seem to base your argument on sexuality instead of encompassing a broader spectrum that harbors the same defining principle (they can't procreate) 

If you bothered following the post, you would have noticed that Garebear made his arguments SPECIFICALLY on sexuality. Thus, my counter-arguments were also based on such.

I asked him specifically what the point was for homosexuality in the grand scheme of evolution. He has not answered that.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2012, 07:45:09 AM »

So, the difference between your belief in a "common ancestor", as it relates to evolution vs. Adam and Eve would be......

There is none, other than the criminal law that exists today that forbids one of them.

Again, how did we get blacks and chinese from incest?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2012, 07:47:36 AM »
If you bothered following the post, you would have noticed that Garebear made his arguments SPECIFICALLY on sexuality. Thus, my counter-arguments were also based on such.

I asked him specifically what the point was for homosexuality in the grand scheme of evolution. He has not answered that.

If you bothered following MY post, it was NOT SPECIFICALLY about sexuality.  My post wasn't about, related to, or directed at garebear.  I was asking you something.  I don't care what conversation you are having with him.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2012, 07:54:10 AM »
There is none, other than the criminal law that exists today that forbids one of them.

Again, how did we get blacks and chinese from incest?

You tell me. You're the one who thinks we evolved from a common ancestor. Either way, there's incest involved. And who said that common ancestor was white? For that matter, who said Adam an Even were white (other than European artists)?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2012, 10:01:07 AM »
You tell me. You're the one who thinks we evolved from a common ancestor. Either way, there's incest involved. And who said that common ancestor was white? For that matter, who said Adam an Even were white (other than European artists)?

I never claimed the common ancestor was white.  I said it could have been purple.  You don't know.  Hell I never even claimed there was a single common ancestor as far as that goes.  As far as God, Adam and Eve, Jesus, etc.. being white......  why the good old christians teach us that.  They indoctrinate us with this in the form of art, books, paintings, movies, etc...  Heck even the illustrated Bible story books that docs have sitting in their waiting room has whitey folks in it. 

So to answer my own question, since you are avoiding it, it is IMPOSSIBLE for blacks, chinese, etc.. to have originated from a single race's inbreeding.  I don't care how many thousands of years go by, you are not going to find black parents giving birth to chinese babies.  Period.  End of discuss.  Stop sign. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2012, 10:05:46 AM »
I never claimed the common ancestor was white.  I said it could have been purple.  You don't know.  Hell I never even claimed there was a single common ancestor as far as that goes.  As far as God, Adam and Eve, Jesus, etc.. being white......  why the good old christians teach us that.  They indoctrinate us with this in the form of art, books, paintings, movies, etc...  Heck even the illustrated Bible story books that docs have sitting in their waiting room has whitey folks in it.  

So to answer my own question, since you are avoiding it, it is IMPOSSIBLE for blacks, chinese, etc.. to have originated from a single race's inbreeding.  I don't care how many thousands of years go by, you are not going to find black parents giving birth to chinese babies.  Period.  End of discuss.  Stop sign.  

Not necessarily, especially considering (since you are avoiding it), you are of the belief of a common ancestor within the construct of evolution.
Therefore, no matter how you slice it, there's some incest involved at some level. BTW, you confirmed your belief in a common ancestor. When I asked you, point blank, what the difference between YOUR belief in a common ancestor as it relates to evolution vs. Adam & Eve in Creation, your answer was "There is none."

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2012, 05:59:32 PM »