Author Topic: The Atheist Thread  (Read 90049 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: The Atheist Thread
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2012, 06:53:58 PM »
I know plenty of atheists.  They are good people, in fact some are better at abiding by the laws of God and man that more than a few Christians, Jews or Buddists that I have known. 

For the greater part I judge people on an individual basis.  I am not God and in the end if God exists and we require judgment I suspect He will judge according to His wisdom and with fairness for all concerned.  If I, a simple man can discern between good and evil, right and wrong and what is just and fair over that which is unjust and unfair, well how much more the one who created all of this?

We may well be made in the image of God, but each of us paints our own portrait.  It would appear that some people bought a paint by numbers set.  Not saying who or what they may or may not believe in, just that it is so.

Butterbean, if you read this give me a PM as I may have some "sermons" that might interest you.  Thanks!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2012, 09:08:56 AM »
My point of incest was not to deny it at all.  Where did you get that?  Hello?

The point is the hypocrisy of basing the entire human race on something that is both illegal and forbidden by God himself. 

Again, why are Chinese parents not having black babies now days?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2012, 12:05:37 PM »
My point of incest was not to deny it at all.  Where did you get that?  Hello?

The point is the hypocrisy of basing the entire human race on something that is both illegal and forbidden by God himself. 

Again, why are Chinese parents not having black babies now days?

Something being initially permitted for a very specific purpose and then later forbidden for a new purpose by the creator is not hypocritical.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2012, 12:29:12 PM »
Something being initially permitted for a very specific purpose and then later forbidden for a new purpose by the creator is not hypocritical.

Of course it is.  Saying otherwise is just hypocritical.

Like murder perhaps?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2012, 10:08:25 PM »
Of course it is.  Saying otherwise is just hypocritical.

Like murder perhaps?

Sorry, but it just isn't.  Making a change because it's best for the circumstances isn't hypocritical.  Something that once had a valid, specific purpose may not always be permitted if the specific valid, purpose no longer exists in current circumstances. 

What does murder have to do with this?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2012, 06:55:19 AM »
Sorry, it is.  Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.  You can't try to justify it with defining parameters just to suit your side of the argument.

What has murder got to do with it?  Another example of God's hypocrisy.  Despite telling everyone not to murder, he kills all his children.   But hey....  that was for a valid specific purpose wasn't it?  So was Rwanda depending on who you ask.  Guess it was ok then too?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2012, 09:46:34 AM »
Sorry, it is.  Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.  You can't try to justify it with defining parameters just to suit your side of the argument.

What has murder got to do with it?  Another example of God's hypocrisy.  Despite telling everyone not to murder, he kills all his children.   But hey....  that was for a valid specific purpose wasn't it?  So was Rwanda depending on who you ask.  Guess it was ok then too?

I'm not certain you understand what hypocrisy means and I don't mean that to be insulting either.   Maybe I don't understand your definition of hypocrisy.

God murders all his children?  

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2012, 08:30:53 AM »
I'm not certain you understand what hypocrisy means and I don't mean that to be insulting either.   Maybe I don't understand your definition of hypocrisy.

God murders all his children?  

Apparently you haven't read the book that you claim to follow.  You know... the flood?  But hey, as long as murder is for a very specific purpose, it is alright. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2012, 08:39:29 AM »
Apparently you haven't read the book that you claim to follow.  You know... the flood?  But hey, as long as murder is for a very specific purpose, it is alright. 

The Lord saw how great man’s wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.

Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence.

God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: September 07, 2012, 11:29:45 AM »
And yet it hasn't happened again today.... why?

Or was Rwanda, Bosnia, etc..  justified?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2012, 01:18:03 PM »
And yet it hasn't happened again today.... why?

Or was Rwanda, Bosnia, etc..  justified?

I suppose because the whole of the earth isn't corrupt today and those within it that are corrupted are not deemed beyond conversion.

Rwanda or Bosnia justified?  Man do you reach and stretch.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2012, 01:32:33 PM »
The Lord saw how great man’s wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.

Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence.

God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways.

so everyone deserved to die? thats absurd brah. Everyone was evil? I mean what acts were they commiting that death was the penalty, seems harsh to kill everyone. Doesn't god know the future? shouldn't this type of thing be prevented, it's almost like admitting a mistake.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2012, 04:47:44 AM »
I suppose because the whole of the earth isn't corrupt today and those within it that are corrupted are not deemed beyond conversion.

Rwanda or Bosnia justified?  Man do you reach and stretch.

You think the world is more or less corrupt today than then?  Pick an answer.

As I said, murder is only justified when God does it even though it makes him a hypocrite.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2012, 06:04:43 PM »
You think the world is more or less corrupt today than then?  Pick an answer.

As I said, murder is only justified when God does it even though it makes him a hypocrite.

I stand by exactly what I said.  The whole of the earth isn't corrupt, but there is still evil in the world.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2012, 06:35:23 PM »
I stand by exactly what I said.  The whole of the earth isn't corrupt, but there is still evil in the world.

man just admit that god is a hypocrite would you? are you trying to fool yourself? Let's see thou shalt not kill, he kills everyone ::)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2012, 05:12:04 AM »
 ::)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2012, 07:52:52 AM »
man just admit that god is a hypocrite would you? are you trying to fool yourself? Let's see thou shalt not kill, he kills everyone ::)

The consistent claims of "HYPOCRISY!!" completely ignore both purpose and justice.....divine purpose and justice at that.  With no personal concept or believe in God there is no acknowledgement of divine purpose and/or justice.  It's so very easy to strip out divine qualities, context, perspective, purpose, etc....and just review the act alone.  It just doesn't work that way.     

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2012, 12:21:16 PM »
The consistent claims of "HYPOCRISY!!" completely ignore both purpose and justice.....divine purpose and justice at that.  With no personal concept or believe in God there is no acknowledgement of divine purpose and/or justice.  It's so very easy to strip out divine qualities, context, perspective, purpose, etc....and just review the act alone.  It just doesn't work that way.     

how do you know? are you divine? the only idea of hypocrisy that you can even define is the one in which we experience and relate to. Using the only definition of hypocrisy, god is just that. You can obfuscate the idea with meaningless concepts but god killed everyone basically, your god is terrible for obvious reasons.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2012, 02:51:56 AM »
 ;D
V

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: September 12, 2012, 05:32:09 AM »
how do you know? are you divine? the only idea of hypocrisy that you can even define is the one in which we experience and relate to. Using the only definition of hypocrisy, god is just that. You can obfuscate the idea with meaningless concepts but god killed everyone basically, your god is terrible for obvious reasons.

Exactly. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2012, 12:34:55 PM »

Again, God permitted an act for a certain purpose and when that purpose was no longer needed he then outlawed the original act.  How is that hypocritical?  I allow my own child to engage in certain behaviors given circumstances, but once those circumstances change the original behavior may no longer suit it and I have to guide my child in a new direction.  Like I mentioned, remove context and purpose and all your left with is a capricious change.  Theologians aren't in disagreement over this concept.  Still, if you two want to sleep with your sisters you have the freedom to choose to do so.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2012, 06:09:32 PM »
Again, God permitted an act for a certain purpose and when that purpose was no longer needed he then outlawed the original act.  How is that hypocritical?  I allow my own child to engage in certain behaviors given circumstances, but once those circumstances change the original behavior may no longer suit it and I have to guide my child in a new direction.  Like I mentioned, remove context and purpose and all your left with is a capricious change.  Theologians aren't in disagreement over this concept.  Still, if you two want to sleep with your sisters you have the freedom to choose to do so.

Jesus, the cognitive dissonance you must experience writing something like this must be intense. If you tell your children not to steal yet you steal then you are a hypocrite. God can't forbid something he himself does, it completely negates any logic. Why should we abide by rules he himself cannot follow?

Oh ya divine purpose and all that bullshit. Doesn't god know the future? so he created all these people knowing he would later kill them? so fucked up.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2012, 06:31:44 PM »
I condone this based purely on the hilarity  ;D ;D ;D
follow the arrows

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2012, 10:12:14 PM »
Again, God permitted an act for a certain purpose and when that purpose was no longer needed he then outlawed the original act.  How is that hypocritical?  I allow my own child to engage in certain behaviors given circumstances, but once those circumstances change the original behavior may no longer suit it and I have to guide my child in a new direction.  Like I mentioned, remove context and purpose and all your left with is a capricious change.  Theologians aren't in disagreement over this concept.  Still, if you two want to sleep with your sisters you have the freedom to choose to do so.
Translation :  I'll do whatever the FUCK I want to do! BECAUSE THE bible TELLS ME So!
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2012, 10:19:47 PM »
Hey that sounds familiar - isn't the ideology behind a DICTATORSHIP - DO WHAT YOUR TOLD WHEN YOUR TOLD AND IF WE DECIDE TO CHANGE OUR MINDS YOU ARE NO LONGER PERMITTED TO DO WHAT WE PREVIOUSLY TOLD YOU TO DO. DON'T BACKCHAT! JUST DO WHAT YOUR TOLD OR I WILL GET THE ROD FROM THE CUPBOARD.  Your poor children are going to grow up with the most skewed way of looking at the world, they will never understand Boundaries and will never be able to trust anyone as you have raised them in an inconsistent manner.  Looks like the Apple won't be falling far from the tree! One religious Nutjob raising another religious Nutjob! Oh Brother, is there any hope for humanity!
V