Author Topic: The Atheist Thread  (Read 90072 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: The Atheist Thread
« Reply #250 on: September 23, 2012, 02:53:26 PM »
I watched a BBC documentary tonight called the History of the World.

It stated that 'modern' humans date back 70 000 years and that there are cave paintings in Europe that date to 17 000 BC.
There was also a carved needle from 12 000 BC.

Also that Neanderthals lived and competed with humans for about 5000 - 10 000 years.

And that farming started 12 000 years ago, before that humans were hunter gatherers.

Interestingly, according to unearthed skeletons it seems that farm life was unhealthier than being a nomadic hunter-gather. The hard farm-work caused arthritis, tooth decay started for the time due to starchy food and humans became slightly smaller.

It also stated the last ice age was over 12 000 years ago and this allowed humans to cross over to America.
And I have seen billions of shows like that too. Who hasn't, everything is claimed to be of old date, EVERYTHING.  Tell me Einstein how do you date a piece of rock in a cave?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: September 24, 2012, 03:33:59 AM »
And I have seen billions of shows like that too. Who hasn't, everything is claimed to be of old date, EVERYTHING.  Tell me Einstein how do you date a piece of rock in a cave?

That's not my area of expertise but the world's experts (archaeologists, geologists, anthropologists, paleontologists etc.)  seem to agree on those dates.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: September 24, 2012, 08:13:55 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiometric_dating

here go learn something.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #253 on: September 24, 2012, 08:34:09 AM »
So, could radiation from all western countries' nuclear weapon testing affect results of findings  :D How about the israeli/us Stuxnet attacking siemens controllers in japan?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #254 on: September 24, 2012, 04:18:02 PM »

Wow... just wow.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #255 on: September 24, 2012, 04:47:55 PM »
Wow... just wow.
wow you guys are brainless, just wow, you know I know this, read the post I was responding to. Griffith was talking about a cave with drawings, that is what I was referring to, Mr. wow just wow, who thinks I don't know about radio metric dating, DUH  ::)...... Ignorance I tell you. The cave has been there since the beginning of time Einstein so there is no way of measuring the date of when someone drew something brainiac, there you go eat your words, I don't normally get mad but your stupid comment made you look dumb, not me.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  ;D  8)    :P  wow just wow

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #256 on: September 24, 2012, 04:50:23 PM »
avxo only has the ability to quote each word in quotes and then respond with cynical, sarcastic, self-glorifying superiority commentary that benefits absolutely no one. He is quite fond of his deception and lying by any means.

It seems he will 'tear apart' anyone's arguments about being 'no evidence' (whatever you are discussing he'll conjecture up evidences from his ass for whatever he claims). But when it comes to others truly tearing apart his arguments then first he is insecurely in denial saying that only he knows what he's talking about and his lackeys, and that everyone else knows nothing and is uneducated, unscientific. Blabla.

Then when he has nothing more to say in his defense (or sarcasm/cynicism) he resorts oh wow oh wow.

I'm very dissapointed. In real life I certainly would not share a minute of my time with such an individual

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #257 on: September 24, 2012, 05:04:05 PM »
avxo only has the ability to quote each word in quotes and then respond with cynical, sarcastic, self-glorifying superiority commentary that benefits absolutely no one. He is quite fond of his deception and lying by any means.

It seems he will 'tear apart' anyone's arguments about being 'no evidence' (whatever you are discussing he'll conjecture up evidences from his ass for whatever he claims). But when it comes to others truly tearing apart his arguments then first he is insecurely in denial saying that only he knows what he's talking about and his lackeys, and that everyone else knows nothing and is uneducated, unscientific. Blabla.

Then when he has nothing more to say in his defense (or sarcasm/cynicism) he resorts oh wow oh wow.

I'm very dissapointed. In real life I certainly would not share a minute of my time with such an individual
all he says to refute everything is prove it, and ''you don't know what you are talking about'' then throws some fancy term in there, zero debate from his end. Then he will claim that whatever you say was not proof. It is predictable, his response that is. He claims the theory of evolution is proven, lol haha,... then he claims it is possible that it could be replaced, well then it isn't proven, lol... but then he will say proof means something else, funny guy.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: September 24, 2012, 05:05:55 PM »
wow you guys are brainless, just wow, you know I know this, read the post I was responding to. Griffith was talking about a cave with drawings, that is what I was referring to, Mr. wow just wow, who thinks I don't know about radio metric dating, DUH  ::)...... Ignorance I tell you. The cave has been there since the beginning of time Einstein so there is no way of measuring the date of when someone drew something brainiac, there you go eat your words, I don't normally get mad but your stupid comment made you look dumb, not me.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  ;D  8)    :P  wow just wow

You can date the pigment used to color the color, however.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #259 on: September 24, 2012, 05:12:36 PM »
You can date the pigment used to color the color, however.
No you can't, wow just wow how the tables turn, now it is my turn to say "you don't know what you are talking about" lol and "learn something"

haha you lose, radiometric dating require something of a minium weight and it has to be material,  lol now that's funny as hell "they can date the cave drawings cmon now avxo I expected more from you, I guess you forgot to google that one  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #260 on: September 24, 2012, 05:13:55 PM »
Yeah I've seen it in my other threads. He came uninvited, I had no intention of dweling on atheist matters personally but he came in to mock and ridicule a few religious threads. Then when I'm like okay lets talk, his 'talks' are merely cynicism, sarcasm, ridicule and 'this is not evidence' and 'you dont know anything' in circular fashion covered in deception, misinformation and lying... he's nothing but a fraud.

He has some issues that he has to quote each sentence and write ten paragraphs in response. Kind of hard to respond to this guy as a result and then he thinks he is superior in knowledge. Self glorifying fool as far as I'm concerned.

Not to mention he's an intellectually dishonest guy. Whenever he tries to 'slander' Islam and muslims he is not talking from islam he is talking of bs hearsay stereotypes and news. And when he TRIES to quote the quran he obviously does so out of context. He has never read the qur'an.

It's just futile to talk to him about ANYTHING at all

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: September 24, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »

The reason why I quote things as I do is because I want to address specific points being made, and I feel it's helpful to show the context. If you don't like my style, that's too bad.

Please present one instance of me 'conjecturing' evidence that I have not properly sourced, and I will do so. As for 'others truly tearing apart' my arguments, I don't think you've achieved that and if you did I would have no problem admitting the flaws in my argument. The problem is that what you do is hand-wave away anything you don't agree with and outright dismiss it. You do this because you believe you have a monopoly on some divinely revealed truth and attack anything contrary to that "truth" as a lie without once engaging your rational faculty.

What reaction should I have had to the obviously sarcastic question "Tell me Einstein how do you date a piece of rock in a cave?" that is ridiculous on its face, especially when we are in the middle of a discussion involving the use of radiometric dating methods?

But in online life you can't stay away from me :)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #262 on: September 24, 2012, 05:19:14 PM »
hahahhhahahaha he did it again

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: September 24, 2012, 05:23:36 PM »
No you can't, wow just wow how the tables turn, now it is my turn to say "you don't know what you are talking about" lol and "learn something"

haha you lose, radiometric dating require something of a minium weight and it has to be material,  lol now that's funny as hell "they can date the cave drawings cmon now avxo I expected more from you, I guess you forgot to google that one  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

So the pigment isn't a material that you can scrape off the rock and date?

Yeah I've seen it in my other threads. He came uninvited, I had no intention of dweling on atheist matters personally but he came in to mock and ridicule a few religious threads. Then when I'm like okay lets talk, his 'talks' are merely cynicism, sarcasm, ridicule and 'this is not evidence' and 'you dont know anything' in circular fashion covered in deception, misinformation and lying... he's nothing but a fraud.

It's an open forum that anyone can post on. No invitation is required...

He has some issues that he has to quote each sentence and write ten paragraphs in response. Kind of hard to respond to this guy as a result and then he thinks he is superior in knowledge. Self glorifying fool as far as I'm concerned.

If I am a self-glorifying fool what does that make you, in answering me? Especially since you've figured out my "devious plan" to quote my opponents to submission?

Not to mention he's an intellectually dishonest guy. Whenever he tries to 'slander' Islam and muslims he is not talking from islam he is talking of bs hearsay stereotypes and news. And when he TRIES to quote the quran he obviously does so out of context. He has never read the qur'an.

Yes... absolutely. It's all hearsay and made up stuff. The Taliban didn't require that women cover their face and hair. Iran doesn't require it. A Pakistani minister didn't announce a $100,000 bounty for a murder. Khomeini didn't issue a fatwa against Rushdie. ::)

It's just futile to talk to him about ANYTHING at all

So why do you continue to answer me?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #264 on: September 24, 2012, 05:30:41 PM »
"As for 'others truly tearing apart' my arguments, I don't think you've achieved that and if you did I would have no problem admitting the flaws in my argument."

Good then admit that you were wrong when you said that they can date the pigment of what was used to draw.

Now you asked for proof that Carbon dating can be altered through certain events that give off enormous amounts of carbon to the atmosphere such as volcanoes.

THANKS NECROSIS FOR THE WIKI LINK, HERE IS A PARAGRAPGH FROM YOUR LINK  ;) ;) ;) ;)

The rate of creation of carbon-14 appears to be roughly constant, as cross-checks of carbon-14 dating with other dating methods show it gives consistent results. However, local eruptions of volcanoes or other events that give off large amounts of carbon dioxide can reduce local concentrations of carbon-14 and give inaccurate dates.

Now admit you were wrong again axvo and believe me 200 example of every single dating method having wacky numbers are coming your way bro. So I don't want to hear oh well they dated this to 15000 years in your argument again as we just confirmed that dates can be inaccurate

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #265 on: September 24, 2012, 05:31:51 PM »
look at him gooo

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #266 on: September 24, 2012, 05:32:15 PM »
''So the pigment isn't a material that you can scrape off the rock and date?''

No it is not big enough, it has to be solid, wow you really don't know anything on this subject do you?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #267 on: September 24, 2012, 05:38:33 PM »
OWNED

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #268 on: September 24, 2012, 05:46:20 PM »
OWNED
Who, you?

You get owned on every thread.

G

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #269 on: September 24, 2012, 05:47:11 PM »
OWNED
8) I would say and let's see if he would admit he was wrong

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: September 24, 2012, 05:50:35 PM »
''So the pigment isn't a material that you can scrape off the rock and date?''

No it is not big enough, it has to be solid, wow you really don't know anything on this subject do you?

Wrong. It doesn't have to be solid. Read about Isochron dating. Wikipedia explicitly (and conveniently) states "To perform dating, a rock is crushed to a fine powder and minerals are separated by various physical and magnetic means. Each mineral has different ratios between parent and daughter concentrations." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isochron_dating

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #271 on: September 24, 2012, 05:58:40 PM »
Who, you?

You get owned on every thread.

LOL

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #272 on: September 24, 2012, 06:01:49 PM »
Wrong. It doesn't have to be solid. Read about Isochron dating. Wikipedia explicitly (and conveniently) states "To perform dating, a rock is crushed to a fine powder and minerals are separated by various physical and magnetic means. Each mineral has different ratios between parent and daughter concentrations." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isochron_dating
You just don't get it do you. Unbelievable how stubborn you can be. Listen carefully bro. I have been debating this for 15 years and I have learned a few things along the way. 1 is no one on the planet dates dinosaur bones, they just don't, ask any professor and ask any archaeologist and they will tell you this, not hard to understand any archaeologist who finds a dinosaur bone will not conduct any radio metric dating on it, in fact everyone in this field knows this, EVERYONE.

2 is they do not conduct radio metric dating on cave drawings, they simply don't, so get over yourself for 5 seconds and accept this. Dating things cost a lot of money and they tend to use it conservatively so it is a custom to not date dinosaur bones and cave drawings and I mean NEVER, now go google this as you always do and see for yourself, woooooooooooooooooooooos h

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #273 on: September 24, 2012, 06:05:20 PM »
I have been debating this for 15 years and I have learned a few things along the way.

You have been debating radio metric dating for 15 years?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #274 on: September 24, 2012, 06:18:55 PM »
You have been debating radio metric dating for 15 years?
No, I have no beef with radio metric dating, scroll up this page and find the wikipedia link and I agree with everything it says. What I meant is I have been debating along the lines of these subjects long enough to know that no archaeologist on the planet has ever nor will ever radio metric date a dinosaur bone.