Author Topic: How do you deal with anger?  (Read 11711 times)

dynamike

• Getbig II
How do you deal with anger?
« on: May 03, 2012, 04:25:56 PM »
Growing older and older, I become angrier each day at the idiots I see in everyday life, if its not the woman that can't drive, its the fucking kid who wont move his baseball game off the fucking road while I'm driving, or the douche bag who wants to be a white rapper thinking he's tough shit. How do you deal with it?

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Re: How do you deal with anger?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 04:26:55 PM »
I rarely get angry

learn to find the good in people, life is too short to waste getting upset over small minute things that don't matter

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 04:32:39 PM »
Up the dose.

Seriously, I learned this in Thailand.  I was in  cab and he pulled up to the light then 50 odd people on scooters, motorcycles and such all pull up in front of him, then the light turns green and we are waiting for all of these fucks to speed up.  I told him if I was driving I would run them over and he said the following

"what benefit is there of me getting angry?  They are all going to continue on their drive and on with their day and I will be the one made to suffer because of getting angry"

Understand?  In the end you are the only one getting angry, all of those people you complained about don't give a fuck, they are going to continue being ignorant and such but you will be the one who suffers from anger.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 04:56:54 PM »
Up the dose.

Seriously, I learned this in Thailand.  I was in  cab and he pulled up to the light then 50 odd people on scooters, motorcycles and such all pull up in front of him, then the light turns green and we are waiting for all of these fucks to speed up.  I told him if I was driving I would run them over and he said the following

"what benefit is there of me getting angry?  They are all going to continue on their drive and on with their day and I will be the one made to suffer because of getting angry"

Understand?  In the end you are the only one getting angry, all of those people you complained about don't give a fuck, they are going to continue being ignorant and such but you will be the one who suffers from anger.
Angry is just an emotion. It is only a problem when a person can't control it and cant respond in an adult and sane matter.
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 05:13:54 PM »
Anger doesn't go near GBers.
X

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 05:31:05 PM »
Growing older and older, I become angrier each day at the idiots I see in everyday life, if its not the woman that can't drive, its the fucking kid who wont move his baseball game off the fucking road while I'm driving, or the douche bag who wants to be a white rapper thinking he's tough shit. How do you deal with it?

To the kids playing ball in the middle of the road, I just step on the gas and look straight ahead with that emotionless "don't give the slightest bit of a fuck whether they get hit or not" look on my face and guess what? They move.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 05:32:56 PM »
repressed anger is horrible for you.

kill kill kill!

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 05:34:43 PM »
used to work with a fella that would blow a fuse over the slightest thing. a massive heart attack took him in his forties  :-X

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 05:35:47 PM »
use that anger when you get to the gym, take it out on the weights. fucking kill all those fuckers while you train.
sept 10th APF

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 06:07:44 PM »

learn to channel your energy... dont let people get the best of you... and it seems people dont piss you, you just get pissed off for no reaso:

if its not the woman that can't drive : there are some dudes that cant drive either. Not everyone is good at driving, thats like being upset at a fat guy in the gym, not everyone is doing good in life

its the fucking kid who wont move his baseball game off the fucking road while I'm driving:  They are just kids, and probably dont have the means to go to a baseball field...

or the douche bag who wants to be a white rapper thinking he's tough shit: so what ? do you have 20 inch guns and a six pack? but do you still go to th gym? do you go to the gym because you think your the shit?

my point isyou can chose to be pissed off at everything, and in return make yourself and your life misrable, or you can try to look things from a positive point of view. The white rapper is trying to make money, if he had 10 Mil in his bank account, he probably wouldnt be singing, so at least he's making an effort to make money, whats that to you?

dont get me wrong, there are instances where people legit piss me off, and i think i or anyone has a valid point to be pissed off, but from the examples you gave, it seems you just have alot of anger in you , and are fed up for no apparant reason, and thinking its peoples fault, and not yours.

so to answer you, the way i deal with anger is to put myself or a loved one in that situation.
for example:

Old man/woman doing 20 in a 35mph one lane st : instead of honking my horn, i think of " what if my dad gets older and drives liek that because thats the safe speed he can drive, and someone is honking behind him, how would that make me feel?

That fat guy taking up a treadmill doing a "powerwalk" at 2.2mph for like 50 mins: instead of being pissed off that he's just wasting a treadmill, i put myself in his shoes... that fat guy is making an effort to change his body, thats why he's here, so more power to him, i'll do another form of cardio...

its all about how you chose to percieve it
/gay

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 06:11:01 PM »
I need a thread like this to put shit into perspective.  I stray off course all of the time and need to remind myself not to get so worked up at shit I cannot control.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 06:18:43 PM »
hit golfballs at the driving range.  something magical about using a 1980s club to slice over the net and hit a car.

if it's a 24 hour range like mine, you can go at 1am and not pay.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 06:28:45 PM »
hit golfballs at the driving range.  something magical about using a 1980s club to slice over the net and hit a car.

wish I had 24 hour place...

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 07:14:42 PM »
learn to channel your energy... dont let people get the best of you... and it seems people dont piss you, you just get pissed off for no reaso:

if its not the woman that can't drive : there are some dudes that cant drive either. Not everyone is good at driving, thats like being upset at a fat guy in the gym, not everyone is doing good in life

its the fucking kid who wont move his baseball game off the fucking road while I'm driving:  They are just kids, and probably dont have the means to go to a baseball field...

or the douche bag who wants to be a white rapper thinking he's tough shit: so what ? do you have 20 inch guns and a six pack? but do you still go to th gym? do you go to the gym because you think your the shit?

my point isyou can chose to be pissed off at everything, and in return make yourself and your life misrable, or you can try to look things from a positive point of view. The white rapper is trying to make money, if he had 10 Mil in his bank account, he probably wouldnt be singing, so at least he's making an effort to make money, whats that to you?

dont get me wrong, there are instances where people legit piss me off, and i think i or anyone has a valid point to be pissed off, but from the examples you gave, it seems you just have alot of anger in you , and are fed up for no apparant reason, and thinking its peoples fault, and not yours.

so to answer you, the way i deal with anger is to put myself or a loved one in that situation.
for example:

Old man/woman doing 20 in a 35mph one lane st : instead of honking my horn, i think of " what if my dad gets older and drives liek that because thats the safe speed he can drive, and someone is honking behind him, how would that make me feel?

That fat guy taking up a treadmill doing a "powerwalk" at 2.2mph for like 50 mins: instead of being pissed off that he's just wasting a treadmill, i put myself in his shoes... that fat guy is making an effort to change his body, thats why he's here, so more power to him, i'll do another form of cardio...

its all about how you chose to percieve it
/gay

Good post.
G

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 07:17:42 PM »
i take a walk in the rain

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 07:18:03 PM »
It keeps me warm at night.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 07:54:19 PM »
Deal with it like Ceasar would.

Colemans#1

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 07:58:17 PM »

wow i wonder if there are any 24 hour ranges in my area. i never thought such i thing would exist  :o

Danny-Boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 08:03:08 PM »

Acknowledgement of your own imperfections.. and recognize how they have also hindered others from giving you the benefit of the doubt. Conditional perspective thinking.. Not easy and takes time.... Condition the mind bro

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 08:11:05 PM »
i take a walk in the rain

this just made me laugh out loud just now for realz dough

dynamike

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 08:49:50 PM »
Up the dose.

Thanks Man! I really like this.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 08:55:09 PM »
repressed anger is horrible for you.

kill kill kill!
Thats what religion can do to people.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 09:08:02 PM »
Thanks Man! I really like this.

I see other helpful replies in this thread you ungrateful kunt.

Now go ahead and thank them too before I come find you and re arrange your face  >:(

dynamike

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 09:42:44 PM »
I see other helpful replies in this thread you ungrateful kunt.

Now go ahead and thank them too before I come find you and re arrange your face  >:(

All the replies, except yours, were very helpful. Maybe I am a generally angry person as Marlo Stanfield said. I've put in 110% and haven't got back 60% in return. And maybe this anger is channeled at people that don't deserve it like the lady who doesn't know how to drive. I gotta find a way to avoid it cause I do feel it eating away at me and this is why I asked for everyone's advices. Anyways, thank you all for your responses. I was expecting a more testosterone fueled response (i.e. tip over a small car) but got a better one in return. Thank you again.

bigjim

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 10:02:11 PM »
I drive the streets at night in poor areas looking for the youngest and most down and out hookers. I then offer them money like they have never seen like $100.

I then take them to a wooded area where I rape and murder them all the time thinking of people who had pissed me off that day.

Works for me not everybodies cup of tea though.