Author Topic: Intermittent Eating! The KEY To MASSIVE Muscle Gains!  (Read 15375 times)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Re: *IE: Intermittent EATING! The KEY To MASSIVE Muscle Gains!
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2012, 08:00:13 AM »
Hahaha brutal truth.

Ross' idea of family time is comparing injection sites in gym sauna  ::)

Circle jerks in the locker room?   :D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2012, 08:02:03 AM »
Circle jerks in the locker room?   :D

No that's not family time Twaddle, family time should be something he doesn't do 7 days a week.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »
just like the music industry, the nutrition industry has trends, this is one of them and I feel sorry for the stupid shits who fall for this one. Keep pissin' in the wind guys...
?

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2012, 09:12:34 AM »
if it's the key to massive gains, then why do you still look like strained shit

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2012, 09:22:43 AM »
Ross posted on here a few months ago pushing some product......the thread was nuked in 2 minutes.

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2012, 09:28:23 AM »
when is time found for anal excavation expeditions? summers most likely.

T-rex

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2012, 09:41:22 AM »
The IFBB is a joke.  It's an embarassment to me and all true AUTISTIC bodybuilders.  This is not a sport, it is a DRUG WAR.

My physique speaks for itself, and so do my methods..

Fixed

chess315

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2012, 01:30:27 PM »
your not even a bodybuilder have no legs gtfo with your bullshit jersey shore ass.

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »
No mention of the slew of drugs you're on courtesy of the handouts from rich ,slumlord  daddy.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 02:59:47 PM »
Stupid thread reported.

chess315

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 04:15:10 PM »
Stupid thread reported.
stupid gay poster reported is more like it lol ross makes zyzz look like john wayne.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2012, 04:15:59 PM »
I didn't read a single word of this.

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2012, 04:44:09 PM »
in just because I always laugh at your mumbo jumbo

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2012, 01:58:45 AM »
I would like to take this moment to apologize to the GH15 elfs for calling them the stupidest posters on getbig.com or any bodybuilding website.

Behold, the king has one again revealed himself in the OP

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2012, 03:35:50 AM »
*IE: Intermittent EATING! The KEY To MASSIVE GAINS

By Ross Erstling

I've already discussed my philosophy of EATING LESS OFTEN while BULKING in order to gain weight. Eating every 2 hours is just foolish DOGMA and is not only unneccesary, it's not even OPTIMAL. In other words, you are wasting your time and efforts.

Lot's of guys are starting to employ "IF"(intermittent fasting) as a system for weight-loss. Well, I am here to tell you that you can also use a similar system for BULKING. I call it "IE"; Intermittent EATING. Here is a typical day for me when I am not in the office:

Wake up around 1:30-2:00pm

Sit on the computer until around 3:30pm

Eat a MASSIVE meal at 4:00pm(2,000 cals+)

More business on the computer/phone from 4:30-5:30pm

Drink a cup of coffee and TRAIN LIKE A MANIAC at 6:15pm(2-3 hours)

Finish workout around 8:30-9:00pm

Smoke a bowl of fine Cannabis and sip on some water

9:30-10:00 I begin my FEAST! Usually begins with an appetite stimulating glass of Pinot Noir red wine(which has the higest concentration of Resveratrol; great for reducing estrogen and increasing androgen receptor sensitivty)and then I eat a MASSIVE MEAL(2,000-3,000 cals+). It takes me over an hour to eat this meal.

Relax from 12:00-2:00

2:30-3:00am Eat a snack before bed, usually a big serving of greek yogurt, cottage cheese, or more meat, with either fruit or mixed nuts.(1,000 cals+)

3:30-4:00am SLEEP!! POWER SLEEP!(10-12hours+)

Eating this way enables me to consume A TON OF CALORIES, and by consuming them in this PATTERN, I know for a fact that I STORE MORE OF MY FOOD AS MUSCLE TISSUE. Give it a try and thank me later!!

I believe that I stay lean year round because I train for 2-3 hours 5-6 days per week. Just like the old school guys, I allow my TRAINING to burn calories, it's a POWERFUL form of CARDIO! LOTS of supersets, I always train at least 2-3 muscles per workout! I burn THOUSANDS of calories this way, something you can NOT do on a treadmill.

I also don't OVERDO it with "treats", but I do NOT restrict my total calories AT ALL when bulking.  Eat as much REAL WHOLE FOOD as you possibly can, consisting of all types of high quality MEATS, CARBS, and even loads of fats(mostly good). Actually, eating this way, intermittently, also contributes to my ability to stay lean year-round. Give it a shot, I believe that the body processes foods BETTER eating in this type of pattern.

SOME TIPS FOR INCREASING APPETITE: *The best way to stimulate appetite is to TRAIN YOUR MOTHERFUCKING ASS OFF!!!  I mean NON-STOP, HIGH INTENSITY SHIT, for 2-3 hours STRAIGHT!! SWEAT POURING OFF YOU!! 20+ sets per muscle, multiple muscles, all supersetted with almost no rest the entire time. Your HGH/IGF/Interleukin-5 levels will be THROUGH THE ROOF!

Also, consume WINES and BEERS in moderation. The YEAST in Guinness will definitely increase your appetite while providing some good carbs on it's own. Red wine is my appetite stimulant at night post workout. You'll eat wayyyy more food if you are buzzed.

Lastly--GET EXCITED TO EAT! Visualize the food traveling to your SORE MUSCLES with each and every bite. This is all MENTAL at the end of the day, so always work WITH the mind and not against it..

This is basically a student/ bum/shiftworker lifestyle. i.e. Sleep for half the day, wake up hungover, eat a massive meal because you've been asleep the whole day and you're hungover as fuck and crave insanely amounts of high calory food, then surf the web all day because you have no life (I am doing this now), eventually get around to the gym, then get home and hit the alcohol and pizzas...... Pretty cool actually!

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2012, 04:08:15 AM »
Here is a typical day for me when I am not in the office:

LMAO ;D

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2012, 07:16:21 AM »
That kid worked hard to market his IF methods only to have you try to rip him off.

How original.

Come up with your own material.

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2012, 09:26:42 AM »
So you go without food from 03.00 am to 04.00 pm...? That's only thirteen hours and I wouldn't call that intermittent fasting, intermittent eating or "intermittent anything".

Martin Berkhan recommends women to fast fourteen hours per day and that's two hours less than his recommendation for men (if I remember correctly). Brad Pilon, author of Eat Stop Eat, recommends 24-hour fasts (at least in my version of his book, I haven't read his most recent version).

Thirteen hours is not enough time to get a lot of benefits from "fasting" in my opinion. I'd say that what you are presenting is a totally normal eating pattern, with a not so normal circadian rhythm. You can compare it to eating dinner at 07.00 pm and having breakfast at 08.00 am, that's also thirteen hours.

By the way, today I broke my fast after 20 hours without food. I usually go without food for 18-20 hours each day. I think you're missing out on one of the best aspects of IF if you only utilize it on your off days (from work), namely that it's really convenient to eat only once or twice a day, each day. :)

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2012, 09:33:14 AM »
*Brad Pilon.
Thank you! I've edited the name now. 8)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2012, 09:40:31 AM »
So you go without food from 03.00 am to 04.00 pm...? That's only thirteen hours and I wouldn't call that intermittent fasting, intermittent eating or "intermittent anything".

Martin Berkhan recommends women to fast fourteen hours per day and that's two hours less than his recommendation for men (if I remember correctly). Brad Pilon, author of Eat Stop Eat, recommends 24-hour fasts (at least in my version of his book, I haven't read his most recent version).

Thirteen hours is not enough time to get a lot of benefits from "fasting" in my opinion. I'd say that what you are presenting is a totally normal eating pattern, with a not so normal circadian rhythm. You can compare it to eating dinner at 07.00 pm and having breakfast at 08.00 am, that's also thirteen hours.

By the way, today I broke my fast after 20 hours without food. I usually go without food for 18-20 hours each day. I think you're missing out on one of the best aspects of IF if you only utilize it on your off days (from work), namely that it's really convenient to eat only once or twice a day, each day. :)

Huge ownage from the Onion in this post.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2012, 09:52:51 AM »
sounds a bit like the Warrior diet.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2012, 10:52:13 AM »

I regularly go without food for a similar amount of time also.

chess315

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2012, 10:53:43 AM »
 I have just learned from one of Ross's friends he suffers from mental illness which explains a lot. So in reality we shouldnt be flaming him but commending him on what he has accomplished despite his serious mental defects. He has his on website and built himself a decent upper body when killing himself or using serious drugs would have been the easier option.

Ross = inspiration for the mentally ill

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2012, 11:08:17 AM »
I regularly go without food for a similar amount of time also.
The IF-eating pattern is awesome, once you've become adapted to it. I combine it with a "paleolithic-inspired-diet".  :)

"Even short-term consumption of a paleolithic type diet improves BP and glucose tolerance, decreases insulin secretion, increases insulin sensitivity and improves lipid profiles without weight loss in healthy sedentary humans." - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19209185

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2012, 12:11:54 PM »
The IF-eating pattern is awesome, once you've become adapted to it. I combine it with a "paleolithic-inspired-diet".  :)

"Even short-term consumption of a paleolithic type diet improves BP and glucose tolerance, decreases insulin secretion, increases insulin sensitivity and improves lipid profiles without weight loss in healthy sedentary humans." - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19209185

then how about you post a pic to prove it's greatness? Yeah, I know you won't because you probably don't even look like you lift...
?