Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
September 30, 2014, 05:49:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mariano Rivera tears his ACL  (Read 1200 times)
tom joad
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2012, 07:49:48 AM »

Lots of major league pitchers shag flys in the outfield during batting practice.they use it as warm up for the game.Mariano has been doing it his whole career.he never goes crazy with diving catches or running into the wall.

Yes, it's the normal routine.  Besides stretching, what else are pitchers supposed to be doing during BP other than lazily shag some flies?  I thought Coach was knowledgeable about baseball?  Undecided
Report to moderator   Logged
Grape Ape
Getbig V

Alphamod / Y board approved

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2012, 07:53:45 AM »

Yes, it's the normal routine.  Besides stretching, what else are pitchers supposed to be doing during BP other than lazily shag some flies?  I thought Coach was knowledgeable about baseball?  Undecided

It's not common knowledge.

Y
UPINTHEMGUTS
Getbig V

I can spot crazy pussy....

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2012, 07:56:37 AM »

Would be nice to see him keep playing but the realty is that he's a 42 years old athlete who suffered a major injury.

I'm pulling for him. Guy is a legend for sure. The older I get, I find myself rooting for the older professional athletes.
Coach is Back!
Competitors
Getbig V

He won by a "landslide" lol

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2012, 08:02:15 AM »

on

Yes, it's the normal routine.  Besides stretching, what else are pitchers supposed to be doing during BP other than lazily shag some flies?  I thought Coach was knowledgeable about baseball?  Undecided

Been to enough pre games to not see weaver, Santana or other starters or closers shagging fly balls in the out field the warning track 5ft from the wall, think about that for a second  Roll Eyes
tom joad
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2012, 08:06:07 AM »

It's not common knowledge.

went to a ballgame the other night, got there a little early while the Texas Rangers were taking BP, and most of the Rangers' pitchers (other than that night's starter) were standing in the outfield shagging flies that were hit fairly close to them.  this happens before every game for every team in the majors.  what else are they gonna be doing during that time?
Grape Ape
Getbig V

Alphamod / Y board approved

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2012, 08:37:42 AM »

went to a ballgame the other night, got there a little early while the Texas Rangers were taking BP, and most of the Rangers' pitchers (other than that night's starter) were standing in the outfield shagging flies that were hit fairly close to them.  this happens before every game for every team in the majors.  what else are they gonna be doing during that time?

That's fine, but it's not common knowledge about how far Rivera took it.   He once made three over the fence steals in a session.  His routine was not the norm.

Y
Arnold jr
Getbig V

fleshandiron.com

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2012, 11:16:35 AM »

He needs to take a lesson from his buddy Derek and gear it up. Look at Jeter's stats so far this year...as of today, 404avg, 13RBI's, almost 500 OBP...compare that to his last two yrs and it's night and day.

For all those that don't understand, the Yankees are the only pro sports team that matters. This is truth.
tommywishbone
Competitors II
Getbig V

Biscuit

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2012, 11:48:18 AM »

I'm surprised his leg didn't fall off- old taco bender is older than Wes' pet dinosaur.

P
The Abdominal Snoman
Getbig V

^^^SURVEILLANCE TRIBE APPROVED^^^

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2012, 09:58:31 PM »

He's the coolest dude in Major League Baseball by far.
shiftedShapes
Getbig IV

http://pull-ups.blogspot.com/

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2012, 01:51:49 AM »

Was it a weightlifting injury?

They don't have that machine in my gym.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!