Author Topic: Top 3 overrated bodybuilders  (Read 25015 times)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: Top 3 overrated bodybuilders
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2012, 04:02:50 PM »
How is Lee Priest and Shawn overrated? YOure making it seem like they both won 10 Mr. Olympias.  Both were good in their times and held their own.

Lee Priest should not be even called a bodybuilder. He's an armbuilder.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2012, 05:06:59 PM »
Yes nobody below 5'9" counts anyway.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2012, 05:11:49 PM »
Branch
War
Ren

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2012, 05:22:42 PM »
 8)
post tear dorian was right up there.
Flower Boy Ran Away

massa

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2012, 05:32:59 PM »
1. Flex Wheeler

2. Paul Dillet

3. Kevin English

If English mattered more in bodybuilding, he would be 1, 2 and three

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2012, 05:44:43 PM »
8)
post tear dorian was right up there.
Well gee there's a Surprise ::) always good to see your Dialog and Vocabulary with Yates is expanding though time

david94

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2012, 05:48:37 PM »
Kevin English
Branch Warren
Sergio Olivia (best genetic my ass)

chess315

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2012, 05:51:20 PM »
Kevin English
Branch Warren
sergio olivia my ass lol how can you compare him to branch or english

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2012, 06:05:39 PM »
Yes nobody below 5'9" counts anyway.
There goes 95% of them.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 06:07:31 PM »
Kevin English
Branch Warren
3 Mr Olympias, Mr Universe, Mr World, and Arguably the Best Genetics of his Era, and ether 1st or 2nd Best BBer of his Generation give or take a O or too, Over rated? we are all ears...

david94

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 06:15:24 PM »
sergio olivia my ass lol how can you compare him to branch or english

He looks like a bodybuilder contrary to them but he is still one of the most overrated bodybuilder ever. He really doesn't deserve so much praise as he is far from having perfect genetic. He was lucky to compete during a weak area, not really cause of the poor level, but cause of the lack of competitors as bodybuiding was not developped yet. Put him against guys from the 90s or 2000s and you will realize how many weak points he had against guys like Flex, Haney, Coleman, Cormier, Dexter etc...

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2012, 06:19:03 PM »
Put him against guys from the 90s or 2000s and you will realize how many weak points he had against guys like Flex, Haney, Coleman, Cormier, Dexter etc...

Nobody from his era coulda competed with those guys. Better chemistry.

david94

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2012, 06:20:36 PM »
3 Mr Olympias, Mr Universe, Mr World, and Arguably the Best Genetics of his Era, and ether 1st or 2nd Best BBer of his Generation give or take a O or too, Over rated? we are all ears...

What do you want to demonstrate? Kevin English has 2 or 3 Mr 202 Olympias, Warren has 2 Arnold classic titles. ???

Best genetic of his era?
First, not better than Arnold himself.
Second, being Mr Olympia against no more than 5 or 6 competitors means nothing.

david94

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2012, 06:25:22 PM »
Nobody from his era coulda competed with those guys. Better chemistry.

You can imagine how he would have looked with modern drugs just in basing on his structure and muscles insertion or length.

The fact is that he has a very small structure next to big guys like Arnold and not the best muscle separation. He was one of the less lean on stage which is more an handicap today etc...

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2012, 06:35:55 PM »
What do you want to demonstrate? Kevin English has 2 or 3 Mr 202 Olympias, Warren has 2 Arnold classic titles. ???

Best genetic of his era?
First, not better than Arnold himself.
Second, being Mr Olympia against no more than 5 or 6 competitors means nothing.
1st Never said he was "better" than Arnold note i said 1st or 2ND BEST of his era, 2nd Arnold was "winning Mr O AGAINST 5 or 6 in his Prime in the 70s, so i guess That Means nothing as well, you are Comparing Sergio (it seems) because he wasn't that Conditioned he would fall face down against todays BBers....of course he would....and heres a news flash and so would Arnold and Anyone else from the 60s and 70s just how the "standards" and Criteria is these days, the point or should i say the Title of the Thread is TOP 3 Overrated BBers....You still havnt explained WHY exactly Sergio is in the Top 3 OVER-RATED BBers

david94

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »
1st Never said he was "better" than Arnold note i said 1st or 2ND BEST of his era, 2nd Arnold was "winning Mr O AGAINST 5 or 6 in his Prime in the 70s, so i guess That Means nothing as well, you are Comparing Sergio (it seems) because he wasn't that Conditioned he would fall face down against todays BBers....of course he would....and heres a news flash and so would Arnold and Anyone else from the 60s and 70s just how the "standards" and Criteria is these days, the point or should i say the Title of the Thread is TOP 3 Overrated BBers....You still havnt explained WHY exactly Sergio is in the Top 3 OVER-RATED BBers

You said he had the best genetic of his era. Sorry Arnold had much better genetic. Sergio at his best in 92 was beaten by Arnold who didn't even reached his full potential so no, he didn't had the best genetic.

For the rest, yes criteria has changed, as mass is not the main criteria anymore otherwise shitty guys like Martin kjellstrom or Markus Rulh would be Mr Olympia. So he would actualy have more chance to win.

And when I say overrated I don't target judges. He probably deserves his titles and I don't really care about that as beating 5 or 6 guys doesn't mean big deal.
He is overrated by bodybuilding fans, most overrated ever and you are the first one who contribute to make me think that.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2012, 07:33:54 PM »
You said he had the best genetic of his era. Sorry Arnold had much better genetic. Sergio at his best in 92 was beaten by Arnold who didn't even reached his full potential so no, he didn't had the best genetic.

For the rest, yes criteria has changed, as mass is not the main criteria anymore otherwise shitty guys like Martin kjellstrom or Markus Rulh would be Mr Olympia. So he would actualy have more chance to win.

And when I say overrated I don't target judges. He probably deserves his titles and I don't really care about that as beating 5 or 6 guys doesn't mean big deal.
He is overrated by bodybuilding fans, most overrated ever and you are the first one who contribute to make me think that.
Well No i said Sergio ARGUABLY had the Best Genetics of his ERA Not THE BEST Genetics, Sergio was in his Best Shape in 1972 not 92, and NO he would have NO CHANCE competing against Modern BBers in ANY SHAPE he was in the year 1972, as his Conditioning in that year would look Soft and smooth to the best nowadays, HOWEVER on todays Drugs yip why not, hed be bigger and his Conditioning would be Currant for the times.

Nothing to do with Judges, never said anything about Judges, you said you dont care about him beating 5 or 6 however you don't mention Arnold Had the Same Competition as Sergio...Low Numbers...and for the most part Inferior competition for the era, its you who are in the MINORITY when saying Sergio is over rated not me saying he's not, as you have probably noticed there hasnt been a stampede of Support for you in this thread agreeing on Sergio being in the Top 3 as a Over-rated BBer....or other threads here on the same subject key word being Minority.  

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2012, 07:44:50 PM »
In my opinion:
1. Shawn Ray

2. Lee Priest

3. Bob Chiccerillo

branch, dennis

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2012, 07:53:05 PM »
physique is joke when you compare it to haney, yates, coleman and even heath.   4-2 as Mr O but should be 3-3, given Heath clearly beat him in 2010.  the judging criteria was changed to facilitate his wins. how did a quad flex become the standard for MrO over a great back  ???

I hate Jay's physique and yes he is overrated but no way did Phil beat him in 2010 no way, Jay looked like he outweighed him by at least 35 lb,.. in 2011 regardless what Phil weighed he gave the illusion of almost being the same size, clear winner in 2011 but not 2010

Most overated Branch,

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2012, 07:53:56 PM »
Phil heath
choice is an illusion

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2012, 07:58:49 PM »

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2012, 09:46:43 PM »
cormier...

not the biggest  or best conditioned in any show.

no freaky bodyparts.

good build...nothing special...

also include melvin and sergio samuel, labrada
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2012, 09:51:21 PM »
physique is joke when you compare it to haney, yates, coleman and even heath.   4-2 as Mr O but should be 3-3, given Heath clearly beat him in 2010.  the judging criteria was changed to facilitate his wins. how did a quad flex become the standard for MrO over a great back  ???

jay may be a bit overrated, but few would have beaten him with his 2009 form

bigjim

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2012, 09:52:48 PM »
cormier...

not the biggest  or best conditioned in any show.

no freaky bodyparts.

good build...nothing special...

also include melvin and sergio samuel, labrada

Cormier is one of the most underrated bbers. Mr 2nd place like 6 times in a row. Do you even follow bodybuilding  ::)  

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2012, 09:58:25 PM »
Cormier is one of the most underrated bbers. Mr 2nd place like 6 times in a row. Do you even follow bodybuilding  ::)  

11 career wins

won noc, ironman, etc. and finished top 3 in the olympia

did well later in career against lesser competition...just like jay

great career...just don't think hes anything special

didn't beat the big boys of the 90s and wouldnt beat jay, heath, kai, or wolf