Author Topic: Quote and overall thought process of "The coach"  (Read 18068 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Quote and overall thought process of "The coach"
« on: May 06, 2012, 06:00:09 PM »
The problem with that is, even though they have the equipment they still need to learn a program to use it unless they call in a pt to show them.

still thinks training is rocket science

epic learning curve, the man is 50 years old. Imagine the good this man could do for the world if he tied his head on straight , all those muscles and quads ect could build a home for struggling black people to help them be educates
A

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: Quote and overall thought process of "The coach"
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 06:09:39 PM »
thecoach has turned himself in to a regular Tim Grover around these parts.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 06:11:22 PM »
Are you sure you really want to take it there....think about that before you answer.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 06:36:50 PM »
Are you sure you really want to take it there....think about that before you answer.
your livelihood depends on beleiving your bullshit

but cmon bro you are better than that

i beleive you are something like atleast 20-50 percent genetically white? there is much hope for you my friend
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 07:07:54 PM »
your livelihood depends on beleiving your bullshit

but cmon bro you are better than that

i beleive you are something like atleast 20-50 percent genetically white? there is much hope for you my friend

Answer the question.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 07:09:47 PM »
Answer the question.

yes take it there
A

noc

• Getbig IV

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 07:23:43 PM »
yes take it there

You first simpleton.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 07:27:21 PM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 07:41:49 PM »
Working out is very complicated.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 07:43:32 PM »
Working out is very complicated.

It takes proper nutrient timing. Getting your food in during that window of opportunity is tough  :o :o
X

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 07:45:25 PM »

still thinks training is rocket science

epic learning curve, the man is 50 years old. Imagine the good this man could do for the world if he tied his head on straight , all those muscles and quads ect could build a home for struggling black people to help them be educates
:D

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 11:36:54 PM »
Johnny F, No intent to be disrespectful, but I do think you’re biting off more than you can chew by initiating this verbal inter-change with The Coach.

And before I start irritating you (which I have no intent to do) , I had a friend who could be your identical twin bro when it came to thinking about and then expressing ‘original’ ideas regarding training and diet and the world in general.

He would offer training and diet advice that would make me shake my head and walk away … things that I often considered to be simply ‘dunb shit’.

BUT …. More often than not ... that ‘dunb shit’ would develop into very wise diet and traing advice.

Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago … but you often say things that tend to convice me that YOU are is second coming.
Or there is something like channeling going on here!

So with that said, I gotta say that I think you are mistaken by starting this internet challenge with the Coach or anyone else who is knowledgeable and  successful with the training of high class athletes.

His expertise may have nothing to do with rocket science but it does elevate athletes to a higher degree of physical performance (so to speak).

I have a feeling that you have never been involved in the coaching of athletes, otherwise you would not be questioning The Coach’s abilities …. simply for the sake of common courtesy.

I don’t know The Coach personally but I think we had a common friend in Joe Valdez and he sure as hell ‘don’t’ need me to defend him but your statement about his abilities and rocket science seems to have struck a nerve and so I had to say what I had to say.

There’s more but this is more than enough.

And no fair getting pissed off and pursuing verbal retaliations unless we’re both within punching distance …. Or 20 paces with antique dueling pistols which Adonis can most likely provide.

And finally … Thanks for reminding me of my good friend. He’s still missed and there are still a few pros who find themselves somewhat ‘lost’
now that he’s not with us to offer ‘stupid’ suggestions that …. actually worked! ..... Sometimes!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 04:53:48 AM »
Johnny F, No intent to be disrespectful, but I do think you’re biting off more than you can chew by initiating this verbal inter-change with The Coach.

And before I start irritating you (which I have no intent to do) , I had a friend who could be your identical twin bro when it came to thinking about and then expressing ‘original’ ideas regarding training and diet and the world in general.

He would offer training and diet advice that would make me shake my head and walk away … things that I often considered to be simply ‘dunb shit’.

BUT …. More often than not ... that ‘dunb shit’ would develop into very wise diet and traing advice.

Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago … but you often say things that tend to convice me that YOU are is second coming.
Or there is something like channeling going on here!

So with that said, I gotta say that I think you are mistaken by starting this internet challenge with the Coach or anyone else who is knowledgeable and  successful with the training of high class athletes.

His expertise may have nothing to do with rocket science but it does elevate athletes to a higher degree of physical performance (so to speak).

I have a feeling that you have never been involved in the coaching of athletes, otherwise you would not be questioning The Coach’s abilities …. simply for the sake of common courtesy.

I don’t know The Coach personally but I think we had a common friend in Joe Valdez and he sure as hell ‘don’t’ need me to defend him but your statement about his abilities and rocket science seems to have struck a nerve and so I had to say what I had to say.

There’s more but this is more than enough.

And no fair getting pissed off and pursuing verbal retaliations unless we’re both within punching distance …. Or 20 paces with antique dueling pistols which Adonis can most likely provide.

And finally … Thanks for reminding me of my good friend. He’s still missed and there are still a few pros who find themselves somewhat ‘lost’
now that he’s not with us to offer ‘stupid’ suggestions that …. actually worked! ..... Sometimes!

the only thing i dont know and am not clued in on to the best of my knowledge is the amino acid studies done on athletes at the Colgan institute documented about in the "Optimum Sports Nutrition" book that came out some years back by dr michael colgan

there was some intriguing studies done on athletes and extreme claims by experts there that do train the best athletes on very specific amino acid combinations wich should be done when no other foods are present in the blood stream in order for it to work properly , and the athlete would see extreme results from it. It was probably the most captivating section in the book i have ever read

if "The Coach" is really a "coach" then im sure he knows what im talking about and can elaborate on this. I beleive th
A

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 05:00:21 AM »

Your Average GymRat

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 05:01:03 AM »
the only thing i dont know and am not clued in on to the best of my knowledge is the amino acid studies done on athletes at the Colgan institute documented about in the "Optimum Sports Nutrition" book that came out some years back by dr michael colgan

there was some intriguing studies done on athletes and extreme claims by experts there that do train the best athletes on very specific amino acid combinations wich should be done when no other foods are present in the blood stream in order for it to work properly , and the athlete would see extreme results from it. It was probably the most captivating section in the book i have ever read

if "The Coach" is really a "coach" then im sure he knows what im talking about and can elaborate on this. I beleive th
You just hit the nail on the head. He's not a "coach". HE HAS NO COLLEGE DEGREE in physiology, sports medicine, phys ed, or any other discipline.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 06:15:19 AM »

"That's the only thing I don't know" tell you what JF, I've seen the book, I've read and seen many books and it seems you think.that book must the be all to end all but regardless when I get a break I'll play your little game because I love of a good debate when it comes to training. I'll even admit you did a pretty fair job when I owned you when it came to o-lifts but I digress. Make me a list, a small resume if you will, of known athletes you've trained, teams, etc. Then come back and talk to me. Anyone can write and read (like so many internet gurus who haven't trained anyone) but its the results you get with actual clients is what counts. While you're at it, define strength and conditioning coach.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 06:19:09 AM »
I don't think I have the wherewithal to follow/understand this argument.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent

chunkramwell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 06:25:05 AM »
Very interesting thread.  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 06:25:15 AM »
I don't think I have the wherewithal to follow/understand this argument.

Johnny decided to pick a fight between sniffing paint fumes and pretending hes actually trained athletes.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 06:32:16 AM »
Johnny decided to pick a fight between sniffing paint fumes and pretending hes actually trained athletes.
Well, he is the reigning Fight Night Champ, so don't be too hasty.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 06:44:43 AM »

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 07:14:01 AM »
DOC, Whatz FIGHT NIGHT.

BTW .... I am still a movie know it all (in my own mind) but I don'y have any idea why AVENGERS is doing so well at the box office.

INtelligent people such as myself (in my own mind) consider CHRONICLES to be way superior!

JF .... Thanks for responding but I read lots of books (there arn't too many) about Quantum Mechanics, but that doesn;t make me a Qantum 'mechanic coach' nor does it even prove that I understand the subject matter.

I think the valid question here is, "What is your coaching experience?"

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 07:33:30 AM »
DOC, Whatz FIGHT NIGHT.

BTW .... I am still a movie know it all (in my own mind) but I don'y have any idea why AVENGERS is doing so well at the box office.

INtelligent people such as myself (in my own mind) consider CHRONICLES to be way superior!

JF .... Thanks for responding but I read lots of books (there arn't too many) about Quantum Mechanics, but that doesn;t make me a Qantum 'mechanic coach' nor does it even prove that I understand the subject matter.

I think the valid question here is, "What is your coaching experience?"
It's a boxing video game. Can't tell you more than that, I'm afraid.