Author Topic: a boost of strength in shoulders  (Read 4864 times)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
a boost of strength in shoulders
« on: October 31, 2005, 09:57:40 AM »
Alright so as it turned out for me, I have really good muscle building genetics as predicted. I'm the best developed person in my entire high school at 17.

My only real weakness right now are calves (because I train at home) and shoulders. My shoulders are especially weak. I'm curious what kinds of routines and exerercises wouldbe recommended here for shoulder strength and size. Right now I'm just sticking to db and btn presses, arnold presses, and side laterals. Rear delts are just bent over rows.
~

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: a boost of strength in shoulders
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 12:18:49 PM »
Any truth to rumor that you go to a all girl's middle school? Another rumor is that's your home schooled by your mom. I can see why your the best build person, in either one of these cases. Keep up the outstanding results. Good Luck.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 04:27:27 PM »
This forum isn't helpful at all anymore. When I first started out this forum really did soo much for me I really appreciate the help of everyone.
~

MUGSY

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 04:44:38 PM »
No offense, but you must go to a small high school, I remember the pics you posted a while back.  Don't post "Alright so as it turned out for me, I have really good muscle building genetics as predicted. I'm the best developed person in my entire high school at 17" and expect no one to make comments about it.  If you said that to me in person I would laugh at you.  Instead, come here and ask a question. For example:

My delts are my weakness, what do you guys recommend?

Good luck and get huge!   8)

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 05:04:16 PM »
If you would give me your email address I will send you newer pictures. I can't post because I'm using my cell phone right now.
~

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 07:26:03 PM »
Clean and press some heavy dumbbells. Repeat.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 08:34:29 PM »
I'm curious what kinds of routines and exerercises wouldbe recommended here for shoulder strength and size. Right now I'm just sticking to db and btn presses, arnold presses, and side laterals. Rear delts are just bent over rows.

here........ http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

go there and see what works for ya

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 04:07:24 AM »
Handstand pushups. Maybe not the exact translations, but

stand on your hands, legs up, usually people aren't able to do that, but you're young so learn it, meanwhile use a door or wall,
and do pushups.

Basic with no need of equipment. You can use some steady books or blocks of wood to raise yourself so you can get a larger rom. It gave me a great boost with neckpress, from 180 to 240 ;D

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 12:54:19 PM »
Sounds like a hard exercise those pushups.

Figgs could add in some hang cleans and regular cleans.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

loler

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 01:45:15 PM »
This forum isn't helpful at all anymore. When I first started out this forum really did soo much for me I really appreciate the help of everyone.

yeah, see, that is because everybody is tired of you tooting your own horn and bullshitting
just a headsup

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 07:16:42 PM »
yeah, see, that is because everybody is tired of you tooting your own horn and bullshitting
just a headsup

All I do here is ask questions to improve my training.

Handstand push ups are way too hard I can hardly complete one rep.

Clean and presses look fun. But the clean part doesn't look like it hardly targets shoulders so why clean and not just press? I know I'm probably wrong but this is where someone else explains it to me. And also, what's a hang clean?
~

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 08:45:59 PM »
you start with the bar across your thighs. and you clean it up. to shoulder leverl and you press it. if you just want to press it if you want to add more fun, do it like richard jones and when you have it presed overhead. press back like a bnp or a bradly press. if you want to just press then go with push press..

my shoulders grow when i throw out the raise4 and went with more power/compound exerises liek:
military press
upright rows -wide grip to hit the side caps
rear row- like bb row for back, but bring the bar to the upper chest.

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 10:05:56 PM »
just a headsup
Why don't u post something usefull? Instead of your usual homo crap u cock bag. LOL! You're a fool, and i bet u crave the attention that one of your older siblings got instead of u. Probably your sister, that's why u act like such a little bitch. Your new name is condom, hence the phrase "cock bag." I know u love it. U talk so much about cocks.
CEA999

loler

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 12:40:51 AM »
Why don't u post something usefull? Instead of your usual homo crap u cock bag. LOL! You're a fool, and i bet u crave the attention that one of your older siblings got instead of u. Probably your sister, that's why u act like such a little bitch. Your new name is condom, hence the phrase "cock bag." I know u love it. U talk so much about cocks.

are you that illiterate clown who can't type you instead of u and are instead of r?
yep

that about sums it up

dontknowit

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 03:22:02 AM »

Handstand push ups are way too hard I can hardly complete one rep.

WTF,

of course it's hard. Everything is hard the first time. It hopefully doesn't stop you to keep trying. It's one of the best compound exercises available. It doesn't only build your shoulders, it's also gives a tremendous boost to your triceps.

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 09:20:39 AM »
are you that illiterate clown who can't type you instead of u and are instead of r?
yep

that about sums it up
i guess u just started using the internet because its internet type, so unless ur puttin me on ur payroll, learn to read n type internet text as i don't type like this in a profession. Like "lol" isn't a real word u Fukin idiot.
CEA999

VallhallaOrBust2

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 10:13:17 AM »
1.  Military Press (seated, to chin level in front) 3 sets 5-6 reps
2.  Arnold Dumbell Press 2 sets 8-12 reps
3.  Side Laterals 2 sets 8-12 reps

Add 5-10 pounds every week (especially critical on military press -- strive to get 315+ lbs. for reps as quickly as you can), eat more, and grow.

loler

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 11:09:50 AM »
illiterate garbage that is hard to comprehend

okay
whatever you say
bub

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 03:22:41 PM »
How do I include handstand pushups into my routine if I can hardly complete a single rep?

Hang cleans sound fun. I'm going to do them.
~

dontknowit

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2005, 04:18:20 AM »
You don't,

If you train in the morning, try to do a couple before going to sleep,
if you training in the evening, try to do them after you wake-up.

It's an excersise you can compare with pull-ups and push-ups. Once you get the hang of it, you can go on for 10/20/100 reps without effecting your daily training.

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2005, 03:15:25 PM »
Just be like that li'l old ant & keep trying to do them handstand pushups till you can. Same as the old chinup, lots of folks can't even do 1 but w/practice the reps will start going up.