Author Topic: Lambo owned by GTR ( both got owned by motorcycle)  (Read 8885 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Lambo owned by GTR ( both got owned by motorcycle)
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2012, 10:06:48 AM »
a quick bike shits all over any car
T

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »
a quick bike shits all over any car

as seen in the middle of this clip

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012, 01:35:46 PM »
as seen in the middle of this clip
I think that goes without saying, power to weight ratio shits all over cars.
I dont know why people even bring bikes up when talking about cars.

Stupidity.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2012, 01:57:11 PM »
Lambo owned by Fiat 500

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2012, 02:11:11 PM »

I agree with everything said... Awd is just better technology.... You will always have the rwd people say that it is a more pure driving experience but bottom line is Awd is better off launch,  you can exit turns faster, and when combined with a turbo, the modification possibilities are almost endless.... I live where elevation is 4000 ft above sea Level and trust me the naturally aspirated guys are at a HUGE disadvantage (corvette, viper, etc)
The biggest problem with AWD systems is the weight, and that they can make an average driver look like a great driver, due to saving their asses with grip.

Was watching a commentary on the race at Spa (or maybe another recent race) with the new Audi R18 E-tron quattros vs the Audi R18 diesels, the E-tron quattros were great in the wet due to AWD (electric motors powering the front), but the RWD R18 diesel hybrids were quicker in the dry. Even Audi was confused.
Chris Harris and Tiff rail about the lack of feel in AWD cars, and love their RWD cars---Tiff used to race the Porsche 962s back in the day.

When I got the chance to drive the AWD RS4 it felt heavier (it is heavier) than the contemporary E46 M3---of course that engine hangs over the front nose. But, the drive and feel was not as lively as the M3---the grip was reassuring.
I haven't driven a GT-R, but I'm sure it would be great, and make a better daily driver than the E92 M3, in all weather scenarios.

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2012, 02:44:02 PM »

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2012, 04:10:02 PM »
owner of that lambo can buy gtr, gtr owner probably not
::) go to 6 speed online.com most guys that have gtr's have or had turbo porsches and lambos and ferraris. Gtr is over 100k, even used gallardos can be had for 80k+ so your point is moot.. Know your facts before u spew useless info

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2012, 04:14:06 PM »
I personally know a couple of guys with gtr's who have had 900+ hp turbo porsches in the past and 1000hp ZO6's they all say if it's just making power and straight line speed the gtr is the way to go. Easier hp gains, awd, gearbox waaay better than vettes and porsches, only thing that they would trade for is TT lambo gallardo

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »
Take a look at the 458, the Mclaren, Agera, Pagani Huarya, and Zonda 760 RS and the new F12---all RWD cars, all with Dual Clutches, that is what getting them to 3 secs and under...But, what is interestings is not the numbers, but they are not chasing top speed---leave it up to Bugatti. The other cars are chasing handling and balance. By not focusing on outright top speed, with lowered top speed and increased downforce---wihout using huge wings, and stripping away weight, they are creating cars that far more balanced, and are stripping away speeds that almost make the gains of AWD negliable...almost.

U sound like u get your info from car magazines, each line typed word for word lol. Like the guy who knows all the cars hp ratings down to size of tires but have no idea about tech stuff and why X car is different than Z car...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2012, 04:40:31 PM »
U sound like u get your info from car magazines, each line typed word for word lol. Like the guy who knows all the cars hp ratings down to size of tires but have no idea about tech stuff and why X car is different than Z car...
I haven't read a mag in yrs. WastE of money, plus the info is outdated by the tine they hit the stands. Like do you still buy and read Flex or MD?
  I am a member of car forums. And I do hang out with some tuners on the weekends. Go to car shows, etc.
And if you read what I stated, the DCTs +AWD, plus hybrid drives are what are driving times lower. Couple with the fact that the marques are leaving top speed alone...something the "mags" haven't listed.
By lowering outright top speed, and going for added grip, whether it be by AWD (which is safer) or thru aero. Also, due to the fact that insane speeds are more acessiable to more people, adding AWD makes
 sense.
Pay attention next time---because I did mentin what was diff between X and Z car...Fairlady.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2012, 04:55:38 PM »
And you sound like the guy that gets all his info from idiots on forums.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2012, 04:57:58 PM »
And you sound like the guy that gets all his info from idiots on forums.

Much more accurate like getting steroid info from gh15..

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2012, 05:01:12 PM »
Much more accurate like getting steroid info from gh15..
LOL, more bullshit on "car forums" that there are liars in the bodybuilding industry.

SAMracing.com

Stop getting info from idiots on forums.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2012, 05:18:33 PM »
LOL, more bullshit on "car forums" that there are liars in the bodybuilding industry.

SAMracing.com

Stop getting info from idiots on forums.

All jokes aside 6speedonline and AMS tuning is legit, look it up. I know some of the owners of those cars

Like any other topic/forums u just have to dwindle out the trolls, bs, and have some sort of common sense.. Cant believe people would take drug advices on forums but guess u have to sort out what is credible and what is bs :-\

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2012, 05:22:57 PM »
yes this is true, but maintanance cost of the socalled supercars is much more expensive.

@all, heres something an awd cant do

:o

True but we just be talkin about buying the car up front which means a lot of people can. Maint. is a complete different story

Gtr maint isn't cheap by any means, much cheaper than exotics supercars for sure but not cheap I would say more than bmw's and the likes cause of the "gtr" nameplate.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2012, 05:28:54 PM »
Ferraris , Lambos, Porsches ....................... ::)

Last monday my beetle transmission took a shit PIP  :'(

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2012, 05:33:21 PM »
Ferraris , Lambos, Porsches ....................... ::)

Last monday my beetle transmission took a shit PIP  :'(

NOOOOOSSSSSSS