Author Topic: chest day after shoulder day???  (Read 10798 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
chest day after shoulder day???
« on: November 01, 2005, 03:09:05 PM »
badell in his split does shoulders on monday and chest the next day.  what do you guys think about that.  i am diong it this week because my training schedule got ruined last week.  it seems front delts will just get ripped two days in a row and the rest of the chest lifts will suffer
Valhalla awaits.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: chest day after shoulder day???
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 04:00:59 PM »
its probably better to do chest day first, then shoulders a couple days later

Negative05

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 05:04:25 PM »
I sucessfully did chest then shoulders back to back for years.  Monday Chest, Tuesday Shoulders, Thurs Chest, Friday Shoulders.  Of course, this only took me so far before I started to actually lose strength.  Once I switched to Monday Chest, Tues Legs, Wed off, Thurs Shoulders, Fri Back my shoulder training improved big time. 

I think you will do OK on your routine but it is not the optimal spilt for max growth.  Too many of the same muscle trained too close together.

SD_Adonis

• Getbig II
  • Tolerance does not mean acceptance.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 05:59:02 PM »
badell in his split does shoulders on monday and chest the next day.  what do you guys think about that.  i am diong it this week because my training schedule got ruined last week.  it seems front delts will just get ripped two days in a row and the rest of the chest lifts will suffer

Whenever I read the MD articles about Gustavo, I always pondered the same thing.

There are two possible explanations:

1.  He does not examine his split (very low possibility)

2.  His chest is a dominant bodypart, and his delts are not, hence the split.

I would doubt that training delts and then chest is a good idea.  Sore front delts will take away from your chest pressing motions.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 06:33:48 PM »
Nothing wrong with this split. It's not my favorite way to split things because of the delts but you got to change things up often, so doing this for a time probily want hurt anything.

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 03:34:40 AM »
Don't spend to much time on those routines. A normal mortal will kill his shoulders in a couple of months. If you use all 'fda herbal subtances' who pass through a 'doping-test' maybe it's possible.

BTW, never heard the phenomenon ghost-writer? IMO the governor hasn't written one article for flex.

Otherwise, make a descent split, or split your workout for shoulders, on day front with chest, the other back with back.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 08:48:46 AM »
I think it's a really bad idea.  Whether or not your front delts are sore, your chest workout is pretty heavily impacted by the rate of fatigue of your front delts.  The day or two after the workout, your delts are inevidably fatigued.  This leads to lower poundages (which, in my experience, is directly linked to stagnation of growth) and the heightened chance of injury.  I wouldn't even recommend chest then shoulders, i split the two by several days. 
:-)

g0ddang

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 12:58:05 PM »
i normally do chest with shoulders on the same day.. mostly start out with chest then end with shoulders. and once in a while i reverse it and do shoulders first, and then chest.

nothing wrong with that right?

bigstud

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 01:19:44 PM »
Bad idea, especially if you train heavy. To much wear and tear on the rotator cuffs.
Bigstud