Author Topic: Notre Dame files law suit against Obama. Awesome. FUBO!  (Read 4894 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Notre Dame files law suit against Obama. Awesome. FUBO!
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 11:44:29 AM »

I don't know how many and clearly you're just grasping at straws guessing.

In any event, despite your attempted portrayal, it's clear that what they cover now is not what they will be required to cover under obamacare.

it's clear they provide contraception to their employees

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 11:46:23 AM »

And your BF probably supplies them to you too.   What part of COMPULSION do you not grasp? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 11:57:18 AM »
And your BF probably supplies them to you too.   What part of COMPULSION do you not grasp? 

always fall back on the gay jokes when you're all out of ideas

the fact is that Notre Dame provides access to contraception to their employees and most likely pays for it too, in part or in whole

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »

lol...you know you've got a weak argument when you've got to assume the employees are doing something to circumvent the policy.

In a couple months the SCOTUS will put the issue to rest anyway.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2012, 09:41:45 AM »

lol...you know you've got a weak argument when you've got to assume the employees are doing something to circumvent the policy.

In a couple months the SCOTUS will put the issue to rest anyway.

the "argument" is the Notre Dame claims that providing contraception (which again, they wouldn't even be doing since the students pay the premiums) to their students violates their sacred religious beliefs yet somehow they have no problem providing the very same thing to their employees

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2012, 10:30:17 AM »
 :)

Why do you want to grant the fedzilla all these powers? 

the "argument" is the Notre Dame claims that providing contraception (which again, they wouldn't even be doing since the students pay the premiums) to their students violates their sacred religious beliefs yet somehow they have no problem providing the very same thing to their employees

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2012, 12:15:57 PM »
:)

Why do you want to grant the fedzilla all these powers?  

I don't see any huge power grab

the federal law is an analog of the same law that exists in 28 states, specifically if you're going to offer a group health care plan then it needs to include contraception coverage

BFD

I don't buy the religious freedom argument because many of the same universities provide the so called objectionable product to their employees

If they really feel that strong about it then be consistent and don't offer it to your employees and if they really feel that strongly about it then don't take any federal funds

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2012, 03:36:22 PM »

Because they don't provide it to their employees.  That's your sad spin on it and the only way you can even get there is by assuming their employees are lying to the physicians.

You have zero evidence to support your assumption.

You cry about 33 doing this and here you are doing the exact same thing.  ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2012, 07:19:18 PM »

Because they don't provide it to their employees.  That's your sad spin on it and the only way you can even get there is by assuming their employees are lying to the physicians.

You have zero evidence to support your assumption.

You cry about 33 doing this and here you are doing the exact same thing.  ::)

you posted the same pdf that I posted a month or two ago on one of the Fluke threads

Notre Dame has a health care plan for employees that includes access to contraception (aka - The Pill)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2012, 07:49:59 AM »
you posted the same pdf that I posted a month or two ago on one of the Fluke threads

Notre Dame has a health care plan for employees that includes access to contraception (aka - The Pill)

Pathetic spin.

They provide access if it's for non-contraceptive reasons.

For all you know...the student plan offers the same.

I know your small mind struggles, but some medicines have more than one purpose.

Welcome to CT/birther crowd.

According to you there must be a mass conspiracy.  All the employees getting the medicine for contraception, all the doctors that must be totally fooled.  And of course the insurance company hasn't picked up on it.  ::)

And you mock the fucking birthers, lolololol.

Mods...could you please move to the CT board with rest of the tools.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 08:34:18 AM »

Pathetic spin.

They provide access if it's for non-contraceptive reasons.

For all you know...the student plan offers the same.

I know your small mind struggles, but some medicines have more than one purpose.

Welcome to CT/birther crowd.

According to you there must be a mass conspiracy.  All the employees getting the medicine for contraception, all the doctors that must be totally fooled.  And of course the insurance company hasn't picked up on it.  ::)

And you mock the fucking birthers, lolololol.

Mods...could you please move to the CT board with rest of the tools.

I agree, it is pathetic that Notre Dame would try to make an issue out of contraception when they already provide it to their employees

I don't know if the student plan mirrors the employee plan

do you?

I do know that Georgetown specifically does NOT offer it in their student plan even though the plan is paid for 100% by the students and the vast majority of students want it included and at the same time Georgetown offers many forms of contraception and doesn't even make their employees

DC
Georgetown University
University Employees
“Plan Includes: …Contraceptive drugs and devices obtainable from a pharmacy.” (Aetna Plan, Effective Date 1/1/2012) Georgetown offers three other medical insurance plans to its employees. One of the three other plans explicitly mentions contraceptives by excluding coverage “of oral contraceptives for birth control.” It is possible that this plan covers oral contraceptives if prescribed for other reasons besides birth control. (Choice Plus, Plan 012M, Effective 1/1/2012)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 09:17:50 AM »

I agree, it is pathetic that Notre Dame would try to make an issue out of contraception when they already provide it to their employees

I don't know if the student plan mirrors the employee plan

do you?

I do know that Georgetown specifically does NOT offer it in their student plan even though the plan is paid for 100% by the students and the vast majority of students want it included and at the same time Georgetown offers many forms of contraception and doesn't even make their employees

Notre Dame doesn't provide it...that's your CT.

And you've yet to offer any proof.

Don't worry...being the same as 33 isn't a bad thing.  He's a fairly decent guy.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 09:20:44 AM »
Of course, I guess since you believe the post office will fine, this isn't a stretch for you...lol.

Too much fun today.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2012, 09:26:23 AM »

Notre Dame doesn't provide it...that's your CT.

And you've yet to offer any proof.

Don't worry...being the same as 33 isn't a bad thing.  He's a fairly decent guy.

can we at least agree that this is from the PDF you posted (which I also posted a few months ago)

IN University of Notre Dame

University Employees Covers oral contraceptives if for the “correction of existing pathologies
of the reproductive system" (with letter from physician establishing
medical necessity), but otherwise excludes coverage for oral
contraceptives and contraceptive devices unless “specifically requested
by a physician based on medical necessity and for purposes other than
contraception.” (Plan Summary 2010)

contraception is provided as long as your primary reason for getting it is not to prevent contraception

how many female employees at ND go to their doctor and say "I need The Pill for birth control but we'll need to give them a reason other than contraception" and the doctor says no problem there are about 20 other reasons I can prescribe you the pill

The reason could be as simple as to prevent acne

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2012, 09:27:01 AM »
Of course, I guess since you believe the post office will fine, this isn't a stretch for you...lol.

Too much fun today.

are you still getting your mail?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2012, 09:35:36 AM »
contraception is provided as long as your primary reason for getting it is not to prevent contraception

how many female employees at ND go to their doctor and say "I need The Pill for birth control but we'll need to give them a reason other than contraception" and the doctor says no problem there are about 20 other reasons I can prescribe you the pill

Ah yes, right back to the CT.  Employees lying to the docs, docs supporting it, insurance company none the wiser.  ::)

Proof?  Any small shred of anything to support that assertion?

Oh that's right, you CT'rs don't worry about evidence, proof, or any of that shit.  ::)

Can any of you other religion haters show any type of proof for this CT? 

I'd imagine there must be a good number of women working at Notre Dame so this thing must be huge!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 09:42:30 AM »

Ah yes, right back to the CT. Employees lying to the docs, docs supporting it, insurance company none the wiser.  ::)

Proof?  Any small shred of anything to support that assertion?

Oh that's right, you CT'rs don't worry about evidence, proof, or any of that shit.  ::)

Can any of you other religion haters show any type of proof for this CT?  

I'd imagine there must be a good number of women working at Notre Dame so this thing must be huge!

who said they are lying

there are a long list of reason to get the pill in additiona to  preventing contraception and if you don't think doctors know full well how to get around rules in health care plans like ND then there is no point wasting my time trying to convince you otherwise

I'll leave you with one simple example

marijuana is legal in CA for medicinal purposes but not if you just want to get high

how many people in CA who get a prescription for medicinal pot are doing it for the primary purpose of getting high

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2012, 09:49:03 AM »
who said they are lying

there are a long list of reason to get the pill in additiona to  preventing contraception and if you don't think doctors know full well how to get around rules in health care plans like ND then there is no point wasting my time trying to convince you otherwise

I'll leave you with one simple example

marijuana is legal in CA for medicinal purposes but not if you just want to get high

how many people in CA who get a prescription for medicinal pot are doing it for the primary purpose of getting high

lol...something that makes people high being compared with contraception.  And taking an isolated religious crowd and comparing the general public.  Oh brother.  ::)

Bottom line CT'r....you've got zero evidence to support this apparently large and wide-spread CT.

Any other religion haters have some tiny, miniscule, shred of evidence for this?

240...You don't let a little thing like facts get in the way.  Give us some spin buddy!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2012, 09:54:11 AM »
This case is about the presidence being set.  It is about limits on religious freedom.  Or freedom in general.  The government is about to own you and you cant object on religious grounds anymore....unless youre muslim  ::)

And the health care bill the same thing.  Forcing american citizens to buy a product from a third party.  A business.  Under penalty of law.  This means there can be more of these that happen.  The government can now tell you who you have to buy products from.  Ir you can be fined or go to jail. Very dangerous presidence.  You should be ashamed of yourself for arguing to limit the freedom of your fellow americans. 

And shit

Agreed...and the SCOTUS will soon rule on this, so let's hope for the best.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2012, 09:54:51 AM »

lol...something that makes people high being compared with contraception.  And taking an isolated religious crowd and comparing the general public.  Oh brother.  ::)

Bottom line CT'r....you've got zero evidence to support this apparently large and wide-spread CT.

Any other religion haters have some tiny, miniscule, shred of evidence for this?

240...You don't let a little thing like facts get in the way.  Give us some spin buddy!

yeah zero evidence except the widely report number tha 98% of Caotholic woman use contraception

there is also the proof text of the ND Health Care plan that says they provide access to contraception

No CT needed

Why all the wasted energy trying to pretend otherwise ?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2012, 09:55:22 AM »

Agreed...and the SCOTUS will soon rule on this, so let's hope for the best.

Absolutely 100 percent... This shit needs to get done quick and it needs to go against Obama big time.

That healthcare bill was the biggest pile of shit ever.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 09:57:18 AM »
Absolutely 100 percent... This shit needs to get done quick and it needs to go against Obama big time.

That healthcare bill was the biggest pile of shit ever.

how do you feel about the 28 states that have virtually the exact same requirements

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 09:59:53 AM »
Mmmmmmm, post proof of what you say. 

go back to page 1 of this thread

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 10:00:28 AM »
how do you feel about the 28 states that have virtually the exact same requirements

They have organizations that police the people and determine whether or not they are meeting that requirement?

They use their tax entity to police whether insurance is purchased or not?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 10:04:55 AM »
They have organizations that police the people and determine whether or not they are meeting that requirement?
They use their tax entity to police whether insurance is purchased or not?

I'm refering to the requirement of providing contreception coverage in a group healthcare plan