Author Topic: $90M midtown penthouse tops mark for priciest New York City apartment  (Read 14661 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
I'll restate my last sentence - I think, noone needs to have such a huge amount of money in order to live a life I would personally consider good and satisfying. It's just an opinion my friend  ;)

Fair enough. That's actually a sensible statement.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
This apartment is a problem.

Whomever purchased it will potentially have a problem finding a future buyer if he/she plans to place it back on the market.  There aren't many buyers that are willing to drop that much money into an apartment, regardless of the amenities or location.  For 90 million you can get many acres of land in great parts of Connecticut and other states.

This level of lavish spending is beyond my comprehension.

"1"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the apt hasn't even been built yet...what we are shown are "renderings".

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the apt hasn't even been built yet...what we are shown are "renderings".

it is bare bones, the design concept is in the drawrings

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
lol reminds me of this, people who know history will understand :D

LOL is that the Berghof?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
hitler had an amazing view there, great guy as well

bradistani

• Getbig V

the actual finished article will blow those renderings out of the water.. it'll be fucking spectacular. i hope we get to see pics eventually..

MikMaq

::)

Really bro? yes you need around 100mil to buy a 90 mil penthouse, thats obvious, but noone with 100mil capital will spend 90% of it on the penthouse, that was my point. im sure whoever bought this penthouse isnt living in his momma's basement, he probably has 20+ mil worth of other houses, cars, planes etc... again, you need capital in the Billions to be able to drop 90 mil on ONE SINGLE HOUSE
This really ain't that true. The bulk of so called luxury goods, are not bought by those that can truly afford it. They are bought by people who put a great deal of money behind one thing.

for every billionaire theirs a hundred dudes with 100 mill, for every dude with 100 mill their are ten guys with 10 mill each buying ferrari's. Luxury brands suck the money out of the rich. This myth that the rich are super people that have none of societies weaknesses is a fucking joke.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
This really ain't that true. The bulk of so called luxury goods, are not bought by those that can truly afford it. They are bought by people who put a great deal of money behind one thing.

for every billionaire theirs a hundred dudes with 100 mill, for every dude with 100 mill their are ten guys with 10 mill each buying ferrari's. Luxury brands suck the money out of the rich. This myth that the rich are super people that have none of societies weaknesses is a fucking joke.

QFT x 2

"1"

bigkid

• Getbig IV

In my experiences, thats not really true.  Anyone whose had the financial savvy to earn 100+ million didn't do it by making moves like putting 90% of their money into something like a home.  Now maybe a guy who's got a few million might do something like that, but with mega earners, its a whole different ball game.  Everyone I know who has a lambo or a Ferrari or private jet has extreme tangible wealth.  Now are there the guys out there who will go find a 2003 Gallardo for 90 grand and buy it and try to look rich?  Sure.  But to me those guys are the exceptions and not the rule.  Especially after the credit crisis.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
No one actually "buys" a $90 million dollar place.  The banks do and someone with collateral against it buys it. So yes you can have $100 million and buy it because you are just mortgaging the place for a few years.