Author Topic: I fucking hate working in Managment  (Read 10366 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
I fucking hate working in Managment
« on: May 25, 2012, 06:16:47 AM »
I need to get out of people management, its not the people that report to me that I have a problem with, its not even my bitch of a partner who is a back stabbing fucking cunt, its the endless fucking politics cloak and dagger shit that is so fucking exhausting - I want a job that is honest.

The funny thing is these companies keeps publishing how ethical they are etc. etc. my guys have todo countless of HR training but on the flip side its the most lying fucking thieving business - and there are VERY few company that actually give a shit about their employees.

I am between a rock and a hard place - I am forever grateful that at these times I make good money - on the other hand I am so fucking tired of management.

Thoughts?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: I fucking hate working in Managment
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 06:22:51 AM »
I need to get out of people management, its not the people that report to me that I have a problem with, its not even my bitch of a partner who is a back stabbing fucking cunt, its the endless fucking politics cloak and dagger shit that is so fucking exhausting - I want a job that is honest.

The funny thing is these companies keeps publishing how ethical they are etc. etc. my guys have todo countless of HR training but on the flip side its the most lying fucking thieving business - and there are VERY few company that actually give a shit about their employees.

I am between a rock and a hard place - I am forever grateful that at these times I make good money - on the other hand I am so fucking tired of management.

Thoughts?
Good luck finding an honest job in todays world, small business is the only way to get around that "cloak and dagger" political bullshit that comes with working for a corporation or in management.

You have to choose between opportunity for advancement and raises, and being happy. I chose a long time ago - I'd rather work for a lower wage in an honest small business setting, rather than making more but being miserable.

I cant stand that "cloak and dagger" political bullshit either. Its always chicks or insecure douches it seems.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 06:26:41 AM »
Good luck finding an honest job in todays world, small business is the only way to get around that "cloak and dagger" political bullshit that comes with working for a corporation or in management.

You have to choose between opportunity for advancement and raises, and being happy. I chose a long time ago - I'd rather work for a lower wage in an honest small business setting, rather than making more but being miserable.

I cant stand that "cloak and dagger" political bullshit either. Its always chicks or insecure douches it seems.

I think you are right, fuck live got so fucking complicated since I have my son - I am so fucking scared that I loose a job and cannot offer him what he deserves.

You would NOT believe the shit my Director is saying on a daily basis, he is the uncrowned king of management lingo - I have NEVER heard anybody say using the word "silver bullet" or "blue skying" etc with a straight face - I want to fucking dry heave every time I have to talk to him.

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 06:29:06 AM »
just post on gb full time instead.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 06:35:48 AM »
I hear you. Flame on. worked as director for five years.....same shit.  Bastards tried to push ethics meanwhile CEO having affair with another director...just all kinds of bullshit. Got to the point where I just stopped playing their game and took care of my department  and my people to keep them happy then I was a rebel.....fuck that I had to save my group from the bull.

There was nothing more satisfying than the day I resigned. I walked right past hr to the CEO and dropped the papers on him. Best feeling to see that prick sitting there powerless as I laid down the ride was over and i'm out.

I work for a pretty prominent company now totally different atmosphere and ethics is to priority here very happy

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 06:48:17 AM »

I feel ya'.

Sometimes, after an 48-hour work day I wish I wasn't president myself....  :-\

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 07:00:28 AM »
Here's a thought: who the fuck hired you to manage  people? Who do you manage anyway? A team of monkeys?

Look at your posts, you can't even write a grammatically correct paragraph.

No wonder you're frustrated at your job. You must suck hard at it.

AHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Not that hard to get a manager job at McDonalds's!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 07:03:22 AM »
anyone who talks about how ethical they are, usually is not.

it's like the jock that brags about how much p***y he gets, how much he hates gay people.

Chances are, he's blowing a dude in a closet down the road.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 07:08:27 AM »
Here's a thought: who the fuck hired you to manage  people? Who do you manage anyway? A team of monkeys?

100% spot on.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 07:11:45 AM »

Thoughts?
Yes, it's bullshit. And yes, it pisses me off too. But I'm competitive, so instead of letting it get me down, I've vowed to just back-stab better than anyone else. Not perfect, but beats being a victim. Also I'm making myself more valuable, so that I can move on to something better sooner.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 07:25:28 AM »
I am between a rock and a hard place - I am forever grateful that at these times I make good money - on the other hand I am so fucking tired of management.Thoughts?

what do the people you "manage" do that they need managing?
are you preoccupied with power shouldering, corporate climbing and how others see you?

some times its possible to achieve alot if credit is not being sought
c

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 07:28:37 AM »
People Management? HR? Isn't that a bitch's job anyway?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 07:36:01 AM »
Here's a thought: who the fuck hired you to manage  people? Who do you manage anyway? A team of monkeys?

Because we are all the same in real life as we are on getbig... right?

::)

100% spot on.

Like you would know what it takes to manage a successful team - after the job that I have done in the past four years and the miracles i worked my team through and receiving a number of financial reward FROM my team I am 100% sure that I am respected and somewhat liked, once thing you learn when you get into managing a team, you never get them all to like you and its okay not to be "one" of them, but you don't have to be an asshole.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 07:43:24 AM »
Because we are all the same in real life as we are on getbig... right?

::)

Like you would know what it takes to manage a successful team - after the job that I have done in the past four years and the miracles i worked my team through and receiving a number of financial reward FROM my team I am 100% sure that I am respected and somewhat liked, once thing you learn when you get into managing a team, you never get them all to like you and its okay not to be "one" of them, but you don't have to be an asshole.

Hey mister, keep up with the latest business babble. It's not 'managing' any more. You're now a 'leader',  leading your people.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 07:49:21 AM »

Hey mister, keep up with the latest business babble. It's not 'managing' any more. You're now a 'leader',  leading your people.

Like I said I like my job, I like my team what I dislike is the dishonesty and cloak and dagger shit that goes on in big companies.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 07:55:11 AM »
Like I said I like my job, I like my team what I dislike is the dishonesty and cloak and dagger shit that goes on in big companies.

Are you still a zookeeper? When you say your "team", do you mean the guys who clean after bird shit and have to watch so they don't get eaten by lions? :)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 08:23:46 AM »
In so many jobs the way to get ahead is to suck up to the bosses. Pounding your drum while putting down others. I have no problems if you are friends with the boss but I really do when there is an ulterior motive to get ahead. Some call this the nice term networking but it's really just sucking up. If the boss got to his position by kissing ass he will promote the person that reminds him of himself.

I worked in my two earlier law enforcement jobs and to get ahead it didn't matter who you sucked up to. They had a test run by the state outside of their control. I thought it was a good system for promotion. When I went to my last law enforcement job you got the specialized job or promotion by who you golfed with or what politician was making phone calls on your behalf. Very few guys made high rank by just doing good work. It was a sign of pride to the grunts if you worked your whole career and never achieved a major rank.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 08:32:27 AM »
Are you still a zookeeper? When you say your "team", do you mean the guys who clean after bird shit and have to watch so they don't get eaten by lions? :)

lol no I wish I was - best job I ever had.
I manage a team of technicians. I haven't been a zookpeer for ages :)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 08:36:10 AM »

technicians... like I said before, you manage a team of monkeys ;)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 08:38:18 AM »

C'mon man, that's hardly management. Unless shit start getting multinational or multi-million dollar, it's really just a team leader.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 08:40:19 AM »
don't work in management but i see all the arse licking and back stabbing what the cunts get up to in the offices at my place.. pathetic .

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 08:46:03 AM »
Morons and their desperate need for recognition by terms of job title. The barbers I use has a receptionist. She carries a name tag 'Jill' Senior Reception Manager. Uhmm, it's her and three old men in the shop. But hey, no doubt she tells the girls down the nail salon she's in senior management.

Only fuck ups and failures care about these laughable tags.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 08:48:30 AM »
Morons and their desperate need for recognition by terms of job title. The barbers I use has a receptionist. She carries a name tag 'Jill' Senior Reception Manager. Uhmm, it's her and three old men in the shop. But hey, no doubt she tells the girls down the nail salon she's in senior management.

Only fuck ups and failures care about these laughable tags.

x2

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 08:53:50 AM »
If you work for a corporation, screw them as bad as possible while making as much as you can, corporations do not care about you, take it to them till they can you because they are probably already looking at ways to take your job away from you while you complain, take things away from them.
TEAM Nasser

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 09:47:21 AM »

"Management" jobs are about more than "leadership," they are about strategy and problem solving. Managers are expected to be "knowledge workers," who, presumably, possess an expertise their underlings lack. This is how managers "manipulate" their workers; they literally handle others with skill. Also baked into this management pie is a clear understanding of the difference between ethical and moral dilemmas, which seems to be what you are conflating. Or, perhaps, as uncomfortable as it might be, you are coming face to face with the "Peter principle." No offense, but your appeal to Getbiggers can be construed as a vent of being promoted to the level of your incompetence. It's easier to blame the game because it's not "honest," rather than find fault with your own skill set (in this case, not having mad Machiavellian management skills). I say this because the expression of your frustration over organizational politics (which is to be expected everywhere), and desire for an "honest" line of work might derive from a sudden self-awareness that you're not cut out for the inherent "dirty-play" of the management game. So to assuage this unpleasant revelation, you start to see yourself as a good person in a corrupt company. What to do? Either start strategizing (strategos = the art of the general) how to manipulate both your underlings and superiors, or get out before your "miracles" cease. It's all "cloak and dagger," as you put it; the best players would have it no other way.