Author Topic: Golden Age Green Lantern being outed as gay in the next issue  (Read 14027 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambrφt Sulek
Re: Golden Age Green Lantern is a homo!!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 01:51:18 PM »
Main audience are kids and muscle bound men... not much difference between the two  :D

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 03:33:36 PM »
  Ryan Reynolds is gay?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
"Green Lantern" is gay!!
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »

What a surprise....  ::) ::)

I thought the guy was a f@g before I even knew what homosexuality is. "Green Lantern".

Well they can rename him to "Pink Lantern" now.

http://news.yahoo.com/green-lantern-relaunched-brave-mighty-gay-070052544.html

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Green Lantern, one of DC Comics' oldest and most enduring heroes, is serving as a beacon for the publisher again, this time as a proud, mighty and openly gay hero.
The change is revealed in the pages of the second issue of "Earth 2" out next week, and comes on the heels of what has been an expansive year for gay and lesbian characters in the pages of comic books from Archie to Marvel and others.
But purists and fans note: This Green Lantern is not the emerald galactic space cop Hal Jordan who was, and is, part of the Justice League and has had a history rich in triumph and tragedy.
Instead, he's a parallel earth Green Lantern. James Robinson, who writes the new series, said Alan Scott is the retooled version of the classic Lantern whose first appearance came in the pages of "All-American Comics" No. 16 in July 1940.
And his being gay is not part of some wider story line meant to be exploited or undone down the road, either.
"This was my idea," Robinson explained this week, noting that before DC relaunched all its titles last summer, Alan Scott had a son who was gay.
But given "Earth 2" features retooled and rebooted characters, Scott is not old enough to have a grown son.
"By making him younger, that son was not going to exist anymore," Robinson said.
"He doesn't come out. He's gay when we see him in issue two," which is due out Wednesday. "He's fearless and he's honest to the point where he realized he was gay and he said 'I'm gay.'"
It's another example of gay and lesbian characters taking more prominent roles in the medium.
In May, Marvel Entertainment said super speedster Northstar will marry his longtime boyfriend in the pages of "Astonishing X-Men." DC comics has other gay characters, too, including Kate Kane, the current Batwoman, The Question, and married characters Apollo and the Midnighter.
And in the pages of Archie Comics, Kevin Keller is one of the gang at Riverdale High School and gay, too.
DC has been a leader in incorporating gay characters into its comics — they had one of the first male gay kisses back in 1988.
Since then, numerous comic book heroes and villains have been written as gay, lesbian or transgender — from Batwoman to Hulkling and Wiccan in the pages of "Young Avengers."
Green Lantern would be the highest-profile openly gay hero — even the parallel earth version.
"It was just meant to be — Alan Scott being a gay member of the team, the Justice Society, that I'll be forming in the pages of 'Earth 2,'" Robinson said. "He's just meant to be part of this big tapestry of characters."
Some groups have protested the inclusion of gay characters, but Robinson isn't discouraged, noting that being gay is just one aspect to Scott.
"This guy, he's a media mogul, a hero, a dynamic type-A personality and he's gay," Robinson said. "He's a complex character."

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
Re: "Green Lantern" is gay!!
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 05:23:31 PM »

What a surprise....  ::) ::)

I thought the guy was a f@g before I even knew what homosexuality is. "Green Lantern".

Well they can rename him to "Pink Lantern" now.

http://news.yahoo.com/green-lantern-relaunched-brave-mighty-gay-070052544.html

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Green Lantern, one of DC Comics' oldest and most enduring heroes, is serving as a beacon for the publisher again, this time as a proud, mighty and openly gay hero.
The change is revealed in the pages of the second issue of "Earth 2" out next week, and comes on the heels of what has been an expansive year for gay and lesbian characters in the pages of comic books from Archie to Marvel and others.
But purists and fans note: This Green Lantern is not the emerald galactic space cop Hal Jordan who was, and is, part of the Justice League and has had a history rich in triumph and tragedy.
Instead, he's a parallel earth Green Lantern. James Robinson, who writes the new series, said Alan Scott is the retooled version of the classic Lantern whose first appearance came in the pages of "All-American Comics" No. 16 in July 1940.
And his being gay is not part of some wider story line meant to be exploited or undone down the road, either.
"This was my idea," Robinson explained this week, noting that before DC relaunched all its titles last summer, Alan Scott had a son who was gay.
But given "Earth 2" features retooled and rebooted characters, Scott is not old enough to have a grown son.
"By making him younger, that son was not going to exist anymore," Robinson said.
"He doesn't come out. He's gay when we see him in issue two," which is due out Wednesday. "He's fearless and he's honest to the point where he realized he was gay and he said 'I'm gay.'"
It's another example of gay and lesbian characters taking more prominent roles in the medium.
In May, Marvel Entertainment said super speedster Northstar will marry his longtime boyfriend in the pages of "Astonishing X-Men." DC comics has other gay characters, too, including Kate Kane, the current Batwoman, The Question, and married characters Apollo and the Midnighter.
And in the pages of Archie Comics, Kevin Keller is one of the gang at Riverdale High School and gay, too.
DC has been a leader in incorporating gay characters into its comics — they had one of the first male gay kisses back in 1988.
Since then, numerous comic book heroes and villains have been written as gay, lesbian or transgender — from Batwoman to Hulkling and Wiccan in the pages of "Young Avengers."
Green Lantern would be the highest-profile openly gay hero — even the parallel earth version.
"It was just meant to be — Alan Scott being a gay member of the team, the Justice Society, that I'll be forming in the pages of 'Earth 2,'" Robinson said. "He's just meant to be part of this big tapestry of characters."
Some groups have protested the inclusion of gay characters, but Robinson isn't discouraged, noting that being gay is just one aspect to Scott.
"This guy, he's a media mogul, a hero, a dynamic type-A personality and he's gay," Robinson said. "He's a complex character."
::)  Is GAY the new STRAIGHT or something . wow .

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 05:24:43 PM »
People worried about cartoon characters being gay. Nothing gayer than that.    ::)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 05:59:58 PM »
ThaT MAY BE tru, DOC, but who the hell was Huey, Dewy, and Lui's mother?

Apparently every cartoon thing has its time n.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2012, 06:22:36 PM »
ThaT MAY BE tru, DOC, but who the hell was Huey, Dewy, and Lui's mother?

Apparently every cartoon thing has its time n.

Who was Huey, Dewey and Louie's father?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 06:27:39 PM »
Who was Huey, Dewey and Louie's father?
Donald, of course...they just called him "uncle", it was the 1950's way of explaining why Daisy (And Minnie) had kids with no fathers.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 06:36:24 PM »
wasn't there a rumor about Superman being a F.agg too?

njanvi

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2012, 07:21:26 PM »
Green Lantern is now officially a getbigger

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 07:39:09 PM »
There was a Family Guy episode where Ryan Reynolds was trying to fuck Peter Griffin for the whole show.   This golden age Lantern is Alan Scott though, not the Lantern anyone gives a shit about (Hal or Kyle). The black Spider-Man was likewise a variant that nobody gives a shit about, Ultimate Spider-Man.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2012, 08:28:29 PM »
Donald, of course...they just called him "uncle", it was the 1950's way of explaining why Daisy (And Minnie) had kids with no fathers.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2012, 08:48:23 PM »

Incorrect.

Huey, Dewey, and Louie are the sons of Donald's sister Della Duck.

In the original theatrical shorts, they were originally sent to visit Donald for only one day; in the comics, the three were sent to stay with Donald on a temporary basis, until their father came back from the hospital (the boys ended up sending him there after a practical joke of putting firecrackers under his chair).

According to the Duck Family Tree, their full names are Huebert, Deuteronomy and Louis.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »
Incorrect.

In the original theatrical shorts, they were originally sent to visit Donald for only one day; in the comics, the three were sent to stay with Donald on a temporary basis, until their father came back from the hospital (the boys ended up sending him there after a practical joke of putting firecrackers under his chair).

According to the Duck Family Tree, their full names are Huebert, Deuteronomy and Louis.

You like poultry nearly as much as SMM.

the trainer

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 09:13:39 PM »
This is all about money the gay market will buy this comic.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2012, 09:16:13 PM »
This is all about money the gay market will buy this comic.

Pure idiocy, they will lose way more money because heteros that are offended stop buying the comic.

Honestly, I have nothing against gays, but I would NEVER buy a comic book for my kids with a gay superhero. I wouldn't even enjoy reading that for myself, Spidey swinging home to get fuvked in the ass by Mario-Joe Watson is a bit too much homosexuality for my free time.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2012, 09:26:12 PM »
You like poultry nearly as much as SMM.

You like young kids nearly as much as Donkey Kong II

MikMaq

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2012, 09:29:39 PM »
wasn't there a rumor about Superman being a F.agg too?
Yeah apparently he drilled wolverine so hard he cracked his adamatimum made pelvic bone.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
Re: Golden Age Green Lantern being outed as gay in the next issue
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2012, 11:58:50 AM »
Comics suck today...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2012, 12:09:47 PM »
Incorrect.

And what about Minnie's three "boys"? Coincidence? You never here about or see Della anymore.
And in one movie, Donald was trying to woo Daisy, who had three boys...(the one where Donald was hit on the head and his voice changed)...

So, if they were Donald's sister's kids, why would Daisy have them? And as we know, Daisy and Minnie were created to be "companions" for Donald and Mickey, respectively...

Unless "Uncle Donald" and Daisy are sisters...

Many times, when families don't want to disclose to the kids that they had a out of wedlock child (in societies and times when that was taboo) the mother or father was called "aunt" or "uncle"

I believe that Disney tried to clean this shit up---because the cartoons don't necessarily follow what you said...
Or they could be "Uncle" Scrooge's kids, but he didn't want to pay for child support

The Dark Secrets of Disney Origins---Next on TMZ

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2012, 02:49:27 PM »
Watching it in private is no less telling.  ::)

Bay. I don't care if someone is gay or straight. When I started out with the premise of bodybuilding I wanted to look like a super hero.

That's all there is to it.

Now I know more. I don watch any of it.

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2012, 03:03:30 PM »

good job by DC trying to make a irrelevant character newsworthy
getbig or getgot

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2012, 06:05:53 PM »
What people do these days (destroying childhood-heroes) to please the Liberals.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »
Pure idiocy, they will lose way more money because heteros that are offended stop buying the comic.

Honestly, I have nothing against gays, but I would NEVER buy a comic book for my kids with a gay superhero. I wouldn't even enjoy reading that for myself, Spidey swinging home to get fuvked in the ass by Mario-Joe Watson is a bit too much homosexuality for my free time.

You are being silly and, yes, you do have something against gays--as your rhetoric clearly indicates.  I thought you were more evolved than that.  Obviously, I was mistaken.  So be it.

Special "collector's edition" issues aside, people buy comics because they are interested in the characters and/or the story lines.  If the story line is compelling kids will buy it; if not, they won't.  Making a stand alone title character gay or lesbian is risky in the current climate--a climate exemplified by your attitude.  It makes more sense for such characters to be part of an ensemble or group.  That way stories and relationships can be explored without narrow minded people focusing on anal sex acts--as if that would ever be featured in a kid friendly comic.  Even intimate moments of heterosexual love are largely eschewed by comic book writers because these are not romance novels--they are comic books.  The fact is we live in diverse world and that diversity is appropriately being manifest in comic books.  It wasn't that long ago when someone very much like you would have objected to a "colored" appearing in a comic book as a lead character.  Or an interracial union would have been cause to object or boycott a publisher.  For the most part those attitudes died with the people who held them.  And your anxieties will die with you too; today's young people do not share them.  One some level I think you know that, and this may be what really lies behind your objection: you see the future and you know that you and your values have no place in it.  You belong in the past... and there you will remain. :-[

For what it's worth most comics are not bought by parents for their kids.  Kids are exposed to them by older siblings, friends, etc. and they buy them on their own: at the local drug store, comic store, online. etc.  I read and purchased a lot of comic books when I was growing up.  Not one of them was bought for me by my parents.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2012, 07:17:21 PM »
Fucking pathetic. >:(

This world is officially a complete and utter train wreck. ::)

Its all part of a master plan. Anyone who doesn't believe in a conspiracy just doesn't want to believe in one.