Author Topic: Want to fuck with us Americans?? MK-44 mini-gun test fire  (Read 34423 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Want to fuck with us Americans??
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 06:07:58 PM »
There is not a single country on earth that could defeat the United States Military.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 06:09:42 PM »
Well since you say so I guess the discussion is over.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 07:15:15 PM »
There is not a single country on earth that could defeat the United States Military.

No one is denying our supremacy in conventional warfare (even if we include nuclear weapons). All that has been said is that this clearly doesn't apply to COIN operations where winning a population over is required (that means we cannot nuke them, as your previous post implies). I suggest the reason we keep losing these wars isn't due to overly strict roe (how strict were we in Fallujah?) but rather because no amount of military power can force an indigenous population to be friendly. Towards the end of the Bush administration we were spending close to 800 billion USD on defense (pentagon base budget plus some supplementary items), fighting poorly trained peasants that pay with their lives (rather than getting payed anything). This results in the best trained, most advanced force that literally has robots (UAV's) dropping missiles on people from the sky. Fucking ROBOTS! Despite this we can barely stabilize the place well enough for a managed withdrawal which is itself an admission that nation building is nigh impossible. Are you starting to comprehend the point you dastardly internet pseudointellectual you?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 07:22:52 PM »
Invading a country, trying to kill only militants while simultaenously trying to convince the civilians that they want you taking over their country, is next to impossible.
x2

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 07:27:20 PM »
Hard to fight wars when your politicians make you fight with one hand tied around your nuts.
If they ever let the US military off the chain (read: without rediculous rules of engagement), they would mop the floor with pretty much any nation on earth.

::) ::)

newsflash, not only the US have nukes, hope this helps.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 07:28:14 PM »
USA are not the only ones with bombs now.

There are countless countries that could wipe out countless others.

this

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 07:29:46 PM »
anyways usa military is so XX century, talk about whats comming next, 1 billion chineses anyone??

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2012, 07:32:06 PM »
Dumb thread title, seeing as Vietnamese peasants and goat-fucking cave dwellers in Afghanistan accepted the challenge and, for the most part, did fuck with us and win. There are inherent limits to the use of military power and I hope we start to realize this rather than maintaining a "fuck with us and DIE!" attitude.

Don't know much about the Vietnam War, do you?

But yes, there is certainly only so far the application of military force will achieve, it is but one arm of the action.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2012, 07:34:26 PM »
::) ::)

newsflash, not only the US have nukes, hope this helps.
Where did I mention nukes?
Ill wait.

FYI - im talking about a strict military engagement. No Nuclear weapons.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2012, 07:35:45 PM »
anyways usa military is so XX century, talk about whats comming next, 1 billion chineses anyone??

Their military isn't 1 billion enlisted, that's the population of their country.

At this point the Chinese lack any sort of serious logistical/transportation capabilities to sustain a large conflict let alone invade Taiwan.

The Chinese govt. is going to need that army to maintain control of the civilian population once the economic shit hits the fan.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 07:40:09 PM »
Deerrrppp.

Enough of this. Thank you.  It's 2012.  

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »
Where did I mention nukes?
Ill wait.

FYI - im talking about a strict military engagement. No Nuclear weapons.

I mentioned, and nukes are precisely why politiciants dont let the military "off the chains". you see the US army can whipe pretty much any country easily but the retaliation could start a nuke war and in this case the whole planet earth is fucked. our planet got too small compared to the weapons many countries have (not only the US).

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2012, 07:42:48 PM »

But yes, there is certainly only so far the application of military force will achieve, it is but one arm of the action.
Not like they were using Laos and Cambodia (where we couldnt follow officially due to the ROE) to move troops and munitions from North Vietnam and China. Also not like their headquarters and training facilities were in Cambodia. Clearly also werent fighting the NVA, just the VC.

Vietnam, technically, was a military success for the US, but a dismal political failure. The actual bodycounts (which is how we were guaging how the war was going), were in our favor, as were most of our military engagements. They simply did the right thing, didnt give up, waited us out - our own populous turned on the war, demanded it end, and we pulled out. They lost most of the battles, but won the war. We'd go in and take an objective, kill everyone there - only to clear out and let the NVA take it back over.

The way the Vietnam war was ran, was a massive clusterfuck.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2012, 07:43:35 PM »
Their military isn't 1 billion enlisted, that's the population of their country.

At this point the Chinese lack any sort of serious logistical/transportation capabilities to sustain a large conflict let alone invade Taiwan.

The Chinese govt. is going to need that army to maintain control of the civilian population once the economic shit hits the fan.
Last I checked, China doesnt even have an aircraft carrier.
You cannot be a world military power, without an aircraft carrier.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2012, 07:48:18 PM »
Last time i checked china was a shithole 20 years ago now they are the second economy in the world. in what 15-20 years they will be the top dog while the only thing americans improved  is in getting fat

I love how the biggest threat is being down played hard by the americanos, its text book downfall. And dont get me wrong, I love America and I wish the future was different but I have read one or two history books and it was enough to know whats coming up next.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 07:51:47 PM »
Last time i checked china was a shithole 20 years ago now they are the second economy in the world. in what 15-20 years they will be the top dog while the only thing americans improved  is in getting fat

I love how the biggest threat is being down played hard by the americanos, its text book downfall. And dont get me wrong, I love America and I wish the future was different but I have read one or two history books and it was enough to know whats coming up next.
A collapse worthy of the Roman Empire would not suprise me. Powers rise, and powers fall, time ebbs and flows and history repeats itself.
My point is, that as of right now, they are not a world military superpower. And they wont be for quite a while. Not downplaying the threat - as of right now, there really isnt one. They have no logistics - no way of fighting a war across the world.

Our time will end. Their time may be coming. But we dont know when that will be.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 07:53:23 PM »
A collapse worthy of the Roman Empire would not suprise me. Powers rise, and powers fall, time ebbs and flows and history repeats itself.
My point is, that as of right now, they are not a world military superpower. And they wont be for quite a while. Not downplaying the threat - as of right now, there really isnt one. They have no logistics - no way of fighting a war across the world.

Our time will end. Their time may be coming. But we dont know when that will be.

interesting, whats your opinion of north korea? honest question

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2012, 07:58:47 PM »
interesting, whats your opinion of the north korea? honest question
I dunno. Im not really informed enough on their military to judge - but from what ive seen, I dont really think theyre a threat to us. (Militarily speaking)

If they actually get a missle to launch, and actually get one capable of hitting us, they may get taken more seriously. But in the civilized world, Nuke's really dont mean much anymore - anyone willing to launch, is willing to watch the whole world burn. No country in their right mind would launch a nuke - the moment that nuke is airborne, our nukes start flying - and everyone has a bad day.

JMHO.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2012, 08:00:59 PM »
Now, if your point is how well we would do invading their countries - thats a whole different animal.
Im speaking strictly of a military on military pitched battle on some random battlefield, assuming neither side has home field advantage.
Its a lot easier to fight when you dont have to move your troops across the globe.

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2012, 08:10:43 PM »
Shockwave is doing some major PWNing in this thread.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2012, 09:06:07 PM »

Peasants dedicated to a cause, with intl backing, a variety of insurgency fronts at their disposal, and a modicum of military training, but peasants all the same. If you want to point out a flaw in the picture then do so directly rather than 'you are ignorant!' speak.

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 12:24:19 AM »

We have never, ever, gone to war (in recent history) with the intent of taking absolute control of someones elses country. Thats not how we roll.

L0L THAT'S THE 0NLY REAS0N THE U.S.A G0ES T0 WAR. DERP DERP.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2012, 01:51:28 AM »
Also, the third target set after Hiroshima and Nagasaki was Tokyo.

It sure wasn't Tokyo..

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2012, 03:10:19 AM »
Peasants dedicated to a cause, with intl backing, a variety of insurgency fronts at their disposal, and a modicum of military training, but peasants all the same. If you want to point out a flaw in the picture then do so directly rather than 'you are ignorant!' speak.
Hes talking about the North Vietnamese Army. They were not "Peasants". The Viet Cong (the peasants) were fighting along side them as insurgents.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2012, 03:15:44 AM »

L0L THAT'S THE 0NLY REAS0N THE U.S.A G0ES T0 WAR. DERP DERP.
You're a moron. The US has never invaded a country with the intent to turn take it over and make it "ours".  Have we toppled regimes with the intent of installing a government friendlier to us? Yes.

Have we ever simply invaded a country with the intent of conquering it? No.

Idiot.