Author Topic: Game Of Thrones season finale....  (Read 41612 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Game Of Thrones season finale....
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2012, 12:53:25 PM »

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2012, 09:22:59 PM »
I dont get why winterfel was burnt?

The only thing I can think of is the starks men decided not to let any of the iron island men leave and in turn they decided to kill and burn everything they could.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »
I dont get why winterfel was burnt?

The only thing I can think of is the starks men decided not to let any of the iron island men leave and in turn they decided to kill and burn everything they could.

The 500 men outside the gates were not "Stark's men" but the men of one of his bannermen. They answer to the lord of their region, not Robb Stark. Think of what happens when the parents are not home and the kids have run of the house.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2012, 08:32:35 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/06/13/game-of-thrones-put-george-w-bushs-head-on-a-spike/

‘Game of Thrones’ Put George W. Bush’s Head on a Spike

NEW YORK (TheWrap.com) – One of the many decapitated heads that appeared on “Game of Thrones” last season was a prop likeness of former President George W. Bush, its creators revealed in a DVD commentary.

In the tenth episode of the HBO hit’s first season, the character Sansa Stark looks at several heads on spikes. One belongs to her father, Ned, and another to the former United States president.

The show’s co-creators pointed out their use of a head with Bush’s face – plus a heavy wig – but said they weren’t making a political statement. (Someone using the name SidIncoginto on Reddit pointed out Bush’s inclusion, and io9, which picked up on the oddity, has video.)

“The last head on the left is George Bush,” says David Benioff, one of the co-creators, in the DVD commentary.
“George Bush’s head appears in a couple beheading scenes,” adds co-creator D.B. Weiss.

“It’s not a choice, it’s not a political statement,” explains Benioff. “It’s just, we had to use what heads we had around.”

In an interview with TheWrap earlier this year, Weiss and Benioff said they tried not to deliberately inject politics into their show, based on the novels of George R.R. Martin.

“We’re definitely not tempted to do anything consciously,” Weiss said. “Of course we’re voracious news readers and we live in the world and are very influenced by the world that we live in, so I think enough finds its way in that way – probably more than enough finds its way in that way. To try to do it on purpose seems like it would be a mistake.”

Added Benioff: “I’m always kind of irritated when I’m watching some period story where it’s very obviously trying to make some kind of allegorical statement. It feels like a falsehood. I know that sounds kind of funny when you’re talking about the world of fiction. But it doesn’t feel like it’s coming from the world itself, but like it’s trying to be commentary. Like the writer’s trying to be clever and teach a lesson.”

Weiss concluded, “It means the story isn’t about what the story’s really about anymore. Which means what it’s really about starts to get flat and two-dimensional. I love it when ‘South Park‘ does it though.”

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2012, 08:34:43 PM »
The 500 men outside the gates were not "Stark's men" but the men of one of his bannermen. They answer to the lord of their region, not Robb Stark. Think of what happens when the parents are not home and the kids have run of the house.
correct, that were lead by the son of his bannerman...do you not think that Robb would take issue with the fact they burnt his home to the ground and slaughtered his ppl?

I dont think they did it, I think it was the men from the iron islands.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2012, 04:40:34 PM »
There were no ravens. It would be a while before he found out anything.

Btw if the bannerman's bastard did do it Robb might get betrayed by some of the men with him once another good moment comes. I have not read the books; I don't want to either. Like with True Blood, just because it is in the books does not mean the tv show will do it. The character Lafayette was killed off in the books long before now.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2012, 08:17:06 PM »
There were no ravens. It would be a while before he found out anything.

Btw if the bannerman's bastard did do it Robb might get betrayed by some of the men with him once another good moment comes. I have not read the books; I don't want to either. Like with True Blood, just because it is in the books does not mean the tv show will do it. The character Lafayette was killed off in the books long before now.
He would still obviously find out and I dont think it was his bastard but his legit oldest son/ayre.

I agree on the set up but I dont really see it going that way at least not for quite a while.

I am curious what will happen with the two kids and hurdle when they get to castle black and realize that they are under attack and john snow isnt there.

season 3 should be pretty interesting.

I just hope they dont get to over the top with it. The whole black figure killing stannis's brother, the last episode where the guy doing all the killing for ayia changing his face is all a little to stupid for me.

hopefully they keep the story line a little more realistic.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2012, 01:10:04 PM »
Catch season one Saturday, July 14th at 10AM and Season two on Sunday, July 15th at 10AM.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »
Catch season one Saturday, July 14th at 10AM and Season two on Sunday, July 15th at 10AM.
kewl, buddy of mine actually got me season 1 on bluray but Ill watch what I can that weekend.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2012, 08:28:30 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2012, 08:33:44 PM »

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2012, 11:04:47 PM »

Coooooool, thanks gregzs

A lot of new characters with unseen story lines.

I love that damn song!!!

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2012, 01:01:01 AM »
One of the best TV series to date , is up there with Sopranos and Seinfeld for me  :)

Yo Kiwiol  ;D

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2012, 06:19:28 PM »
Huffington Post has confirmed, through HBO, that actor Iwan Rheon (Misfits) has been cast in the upcoming third season of Game of Thrones.

Now here's the rub. The role for Rheon is said to be "Boy" but fans of the Books believe that "Boy" is actually "Ramsay Snow, the Bastard of Bolton."

Many characters from the Books have been confirmed for Season 3 as the characters who are cast are Olenna Tyrell(would have Lmfao if Betty White was cast for her), the Blackfish, the Reeds and Beric Dondarrion, but there's no mention yet of Mance Rayder or Ramsay, both characters were referenced in Season 2.

Ramsay was mentioned by Lord Roose Bolton when he told Robb Stark that he could send his bastard son, Ramsay, and some soldiers to go reclaim Winterfell from Theon Greyjoy. We never saw Ramsay, but we know he was right outside the gates, surrounding Theon. Which Theon's men betrayed him as they were outnumbered.

A rumor circulated around last week from someone claiming they were on the set and saw Rheon in a scene and that scene definitely had him as Ramsay. That Tumblr blogger's page has since been deleted though.

I for one has not seen Misfits, but if he is indeed cast for Ramsay Snow, from what many people who seen both Misfits and Game of Thrones along the books believe he will do a great job as Ramsay Snow.

Those who have not read the books and getting ready for Season 3 to Game of Thrones, I will give you a little history of Ramsay Snow.

Ramsay Snow is known as the Bastard of Bolton and the Bastard of the Dreadfort. Ramsay considers himself a true Bolton despite his birth and is highly resentful of his baseborn status, referring to himself proudly as the trueborn scion of the Dreadfort and violently correcting those who refer to him otherwise.
Ramsay is cruel, savage and wild, taking delight in torturing others. He is quite fond of the old Bolton custom of flaying their enemies.

Ramsay is a capable of manipulation and possesses a low cold cunning, particularly good at thinking on his feet, though less savvy when it comes to long term consequences and intricate politics.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/PlanetStarkiller21/news/?a=64755#R60qA0RT0TYW0jPh.99

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2012, 09:19:44 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=64941

First Set Pics From GAME OF THRONES Season 3 Reveal Riverrun

We still have a long time to wait until HBO's fantasy drama series returns to our screens, and although there isn't too much here to tide you over until then, the very first set photos from the season 3 shoot are well worth a look. They reveal some statues bearing the banner and sigil of House Tully -- Catelyn Stark's family home, before she married Ned and moved to Winterfell...

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2012, 04:23:34 AM »
Thanks Gregzs  8)

Does anyone know where you can watch all of the season two episodes online for free  :D not to download just view  :)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2012, 06:33:22 PM »
Thanks Gregzs  8)

Does anyone know where you can watch all of the season two episodes online for free  :D not to download just view  :)
Do you have indemand HBO it is free there

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »
Do you have indemand HBO it is free there
Cheers bro will look at it now  :)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2012, 06:20:20 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=65272

Dominic West Harbors No Desire For Kingship, Turns Down GAME OF THRONES

"I was offered something on 'Game of Thrones' and unfortunately, I hadn't seen it, but my nephew and his father said, 'Gosh, "Game of Thrones" is the only great show on!' And I felt terrible, because I'd just turned them down," West said.

"It was a lovely part, a good part. I'm going to regret it," he said with a rueful laugh. "My problem is, I've got four kids, and at the moment, I'm reluctant to be away from home for a long time. I can get a lot of work in London and still be at home. That's one of the many brilliant things about 'The Hour.'"

"Should I have taken it?" he asked the Huffington Post reporter, semi-seriously.

Uh,hell yeah! I'm pretty sure that if West had taken the time to watch the show, which happens to be the #1 rated cable show on television, he'd probably reconsider. You can't place the blame solely on West though, I'm wondering how his agent could possibly let this one pass.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2012, 07:27:13 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=65458

RUMOR: Burn Gorman & Noah Taylor Join GAME OF THRONES Season 3 Cast

According to Winteriscoming.net's sources, Burn Gorman and Noah Taylor have been spied shooting scenes in Belfast, where Game Of Thrones season 3 is filming now. The pair were seen alongside Night’s Watch cast members such as James Cosmo (Jeor Mormont), Mark Stanley (Grenn), John Bradley (Samwell Tarly) and Ben Crompton (Dolorous Edd). So who might they be playing? Well the only other major character yet to be cast for season 3 is Mance Rayder, the "King beyond The Wall". The role was recently offered to Dominic West, who had to turn it down, but it is unlikely that either of these actors would be playing that part, especially given the characters they were said to be keeping company with. They may possibly be brand new characters, or just high profile cameos destined to be White Walker fodder, but that seems unlikely.

Noah Taylor is a British-born Australian actor who has appeared in many films, including Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. Burn Gorman was born in the States, but moved to the UK at a young age. He is probably best known to most as Owen Harper in Torchwood, but was most recently seen in The Dark Knight Rises as the unfortunate Mr Stryver.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=65882

GAME OF THRONES: Mance Rayder Cast

Veteran actor Ciarán Hinds (John Carter, Ghost Rider:SOV, Munich, There Will Be Blood) has signed on to play Mance Rayder in Season 3 of HBO's Game of Thrones.

The character was teased in Season 2, a former Night's Watchman, he now leads the Wildings on a deadly march to overtake the Seven Kingdoms or maybe it's to flee from something... Regardless, he'll definitely have a lasting impact on Kit Harrington's Jon Snow.

Season 3 of Game of Thrones kicksoff March 31, 2013.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2012, 07:19:47 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=65882

GAME OF THRONES: Mance Rayder Cast

Veteran actor Ciarán Hinds (John Carter, Ghost Rider:SOV, Munich, There Will Be Blood) has signed on to play Mance Rayder in Season 3 of HBO's Game of Thrones.

The character was teased in Season 2, a former Night's Watchman, he now leads the Wildings on a deadly march to overtake the Seven Kingdoms or maybe it's to flee from something... Regardless, he'll definitely have a lasting impact on Kit Harrington's Jon Snow.

Season 3 of Game of Thrones kicksoff March 31, 2013.

coool, thought he was decent as gambit in the Xmen movie.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2012, 12:06:37 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=66034

Daario Naharis & Grey Worm Cast In GAME OF THRONES Season 3

According to Winteriscoming.net, British musician and actor Ed Skrein has been cast as Daario Naharis in the currently shooting third season of HBO's Game Of Thrones. Skrein is best known for his music career, having released his own album and also worked with artists such as Foreign Beggars, Nathan Flutebox Lee, Asian Dub Foundation and Plan B. He recently made the transition to acting and has starred in the movies Piggy and Ill Mannors.

The site also report that Jacob Anderson will play Grey Worm. Anderson is a young actor from London who has already appeared in numerous films and TV shows such as Adulthood, Chatroom, Episodes and Skins.

Naharis is quite a popular character in the source novels. He is a highly skilled sellsword (mercenary) who charms Daenerys and becomes a permanent member of her extended "Khalasar", much to the chargrin of Jorah. Grey Worm is the captain of a The Unsullied, group of eunuch slave soldiers who are trained from childhood to excel in battle. They are freed by Daenerys and also join her cause.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 10:15:25 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=67215

First Production Still & Scene Description From GAME OF THRONES Season 3

HBO have released our very first official glimpse of the currently shooting third season of the epic fantasy drama series, along with a cryptic scene description involving two major characters locked in battle. Mild spoilers ahead..

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2012, 11:37:00 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=68286

VIDEO: GAME OF THRONES Season 3 Set Report

As production on the third season of HBO's fantasy series wraps in Croatia, a local tv station has put out the following set report, which offers glimpses of a scene from the first episode, and interviews with the show-runners..