Author Topic: Knee Wraps  (Read 3980 times)

untamedsense

• Getbig II
  • Bigger, Better, Badder!!!
Knee Wraps
« on: June 05, 2012, 09:56:32 AM »
I'm sure this will end up being a highly individualized responce, however...
What is your opinion on knee wraps?  And, if you use them, once you wrap do you keep them on or rewrap each set?  Do you use them on JUST certain leg exercises or for your whole workout?
Those who play with cats; expect to get scratched!

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
Re: Knee Wraps
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:38:11 AM »
I wrap only on squats. start wrapping on 50% of 1rep max, rewrap for each set getting tighter as the weight gets heavier.
sept 10th APF

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »
Havent used wraps since I was in high school, mainly because I havent squated in a way that would force me to use knee wraps that often. I beleive that using knee wraps too often can actually be bad for your knees because the joints and ligaments and tendons around that area arent being worked. Theoretically it seems ok to do every so often, but not all the time.

Too many people let thier ego get in the way on squats and load up a ton of weight. People complain about squats killing thier knees and back. I think the reason it does that to them is because they put on an unnecessary amount of weight. If you go fairly slow on the descent, go down all the way, and initiate the squat with your knees instead of by bucking your hips, you will be forced to lighten the weight, and therefore will escape without any injury. Your ego will suffer but you will be rewarded with great leg development and a healthy back.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 05:08:29 AM »
I've never used wraps. I've always preferred to use sleeves/supports. Not tight enough to add any poundage but enought to keep the knees warm and fluid.