Author Topic: Funny college prank? Or felony?  (Read 1820 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Funny college prank? Or felony?
« on: June 06, 2012, 09:12:28 PM »
This is just silly.  Even if he admitted to committing a felony at 18, the statute of limitations has run out, so it doesn't matter now.  

A little creepy to drive around with your friends and impeersonate cops.  VERY CREEPY to do it ALONE.  Weird.

Did Young Mitt Romney Impersonate A Police Officer? Another Witness Says Yes

Source: National Memo

When Mitt Romney was a college freshman, he told fellow residents of his Stanford University dormitory that he sometimes disguised himself as a police officer – a crime in many states, including Michigan and California, where he then lived. And he had the uniform on display as proof.

So recalls Robin Madden, who had also just arrived as a freshman, the startling incident began when Romney called him and two or three other residents into his room, saying, “Come up, I want to show you something.” When they entered Romney’s room, “and laid out on his bed was a Michigan State Trooper’s uniform.”

Madden, a native Texan who graduated from Stanford in 1970 and went on to become a successful television producer and writer, has never forgotten that strange moment, which he has recounted to friends over the years as he observed his former classmate’s political ascent. The National Memo learned of the incident from a longtime Madden friend to whom he had mentioned it years ago.

Said Madden in a recent interview, “He told us that he had gotten the uniform from his father,” George Romney, then the Governor of Michigan, whose security detail was staffed by uniformed troopers. “He told us that he was using it to pull over drivers on the road. He also had a red flashing light that he would attach to the top of his white Rambler.”

Read more: http://www.nationalmemo.com/did-young-mitt-romney-impersonate-a-police-officer-another-witness-says-yes/

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Re: Funny college prank? Or felony?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 10:24:26 PM »
Actually, this makes me like him a little more.

I'm always up for some hijinx.

G

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 05:54:52 AM »

with friends, MAYBE it's funny.

But an adult male, impersonating cops and actually pulling over women in their cars at night...

that's some creepy shit.  Doing it alone is messed up.  What is that awkward moment when he arrives at the car and they have ID, and they're scared about a ticket... I'd like to hear about that exchange... something creepy about it.  I know, "I don't remember doing it, but apologize and assure everyone I wasn't being a creepy fvck" will be the answer.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 07:04:29 AM »
  I think in some cases being rich and/or a child of privelege gives you an entitlement or above-the-law mindset, just like someone who's always sucking at the government teet.

Wherefore art thou, Ron Paul?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 07:40:19 AM »
something just seems off about it.

it take a lot to put on a uniform.
get in your vehicle alone.
drive around until you see a car.
affix and activate a siren.
force a vehicle to the curb, in illegal violation of their civil rights.

Then, what?  Ask them for papers?  decide once you see who is in the vehicle?  Odd doesn't begin to describe this behavior.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 07:58:16 AM »
This is just silly.  Even if he admitted to committing a felony at 18, the statute of limitations has run out, so it doesn't matter now.  

A little creepy to drive around with your friends and impeersonate cops.  VERY CREEPY to do it ALONE.  Weird.

When Mitt Romney was a college freshman, he told fellow residents of his Stanford University dormitory that he sometimes disguised himself as a police officer – a crime in many states, including Michigan and California, where he then lived. And he had the uniform on display as proof.

So recalls Robin Madden, who had also just arrived as a freshman, the startling incident began when Romney called him and two or three other residents into his room, saying, “Come up, I want to show you something.” When they entered Romney’s room, “and laid out on his bed was a Michigan State Trooper’s uniform.”

Madden, a native Texan who graduated from Stanford in 1970 and went on to become a successful television producer and writer, has never forgotten that strange moment, which he has recounted to friends over the years as he observed his former classmate’s political ascent. The National Memo learned of the incident from a longtime Madden friend to whom he had mentioned it years ago.

Said Madden in a recent interview, “He told us that he had gotten the uniform from his father,” George Romney, then the Governor of Michigan, whose security detail was staffed by uniformed troopers. “He told us that he was using it to pull over drivers on the road. He also had a red flashing light that he would attach to the top of his white Rambler.”

Read more: http://www.nationalmemo.com/did-young-mitt-romney-impersonate-a-police-officer-another-witness-says-yes/

It depends on what he was doing with it if he got caught..   I probably wouldn't have charged him with a felony.  Misdemeanor for sure though. 

Now if he was doing it as an adult for profit or misdeeds that's a different story.

Besides he never got caught and other than HEARSAY we really don't know what he did with the uniform or if he even had one.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 07:59:55 AM »

So now you care about crimes obama and romney committed in their youth?   Oh wait . . . . . . . . . . . .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 08:01:03 AM »
It depends on what he was doing with it if he got caught..   I probably wouldn't have charged him with a felony.  Misdemeanor for sure though.  
Now if he was doing it as an adult for profit or misdeeds that's a different story.
Besides he never got caught and other than HEARSAY we really don't know what he did with the uniform or if he even had one.

Now that it's a sotry, he will have to confirm or deny it.

I HIGHLY doubt a line of "I don't remember..." will work here.  Doing something as big as dressing as a cop and pulling people over, as an adult, is something you don't easily forget.

"I NEVER DID THAT" or "I did it, it was wrong, I'm sorry for anyone I intimidated or scared" = the only two acceptable answers.

Pretending not to remember acts like these - highly detailed & planned crimes as an adult - would be a problem.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 08:01:59 AM »
So now you care about crimes obama and romney committed in their youth?   Oh wait . . . . . . . . . . . .

i've said obama should not be prez based upon his cocaine use as an adult.  Once you turn 18, the only diff between obama being locked up for coke, and being president is "getting caught or not".

if you commit felonies using drugs, as an adult, you sohuld not be prez.  Obama shoul'dn't be prez because of his drug use.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 10:47:12 AM »

Actually makes me like him a lot.....not a stiff board as he's been acting like
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 10:59:35 AM »

x2

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 11:07:04 AM »
that's just stupid. Ya wanna have some fun? Drive around with a fog horn in your car, sneak up on people and scare the absolute shit out of them. You will be shitting yourself in laughter!!!
?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 10:52:36 AM »

Actually makes me like him a lot.....not a stiff board as he's been acting like
pranking friends, no problem...  The story about him going out and doing this alone to strangers, sorry, there's nothing to like about that.  That's just fucking creepy shit.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 09:14:51 PM »
pranking friends, no problem...  The story about him going out and doing this alone to strangers, sorry, there's nothing to like about that.  That's just fucking creepy shit.

yeah, it's illegal, but ir's scary more than that. 

What is that awkward moment when a 50 year old man looks at 18 year old romney giggling, having deprived him of his rights by stopping him...

what the FUCK woudl most getbiggers do if some punk ass kid pulled them over and acted like police?  Seriously, I would probably take the kid to the ground and call police on him if a person tried that on me.  Wouldn't you?  I'd have to assume he had some other purpose than 'have a laugh'...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 09:43:01 PM »
yeah, it's illegal, but ir's scary more than that.  

What is that awkward moment when a 50 year old man looks at 18 year old romney giggling, having deprived him of his rights by stopping him...

what the FUCK woudl most getbiggers do if some punk ass kid pulled them over and acted like police?  Seriously, I would probably take the kid to the ground and call police on him if a person tried that on me.  Wouldn't you?  I'd have to assume he had some other purpose than 'have a laugh'...
was he pulling over 50 year old men or 17 year old girls and then what?........  I think someone should look into police reports during the time he was doing this to see what victims may have reported and then they should be shown pics, a young Romney pic included for identification.  This is seriously creepy imo.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 09:45:16 PM »
was he pulling over 50 year old men or 17 year old girls and then what?........  I think someone should look into police reports during the time he was doing this to see what victims may have reported and then they should be shown pics, a young Romney pic included for identification.

Sounds like a guy who "longs" for trigger time in Nam.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 09:48:36 PM »
Sounds like a guy who "longs" for trigger time in Nam.
sounds more like if he didn't have big family money, he would have been on the state's most wanted list for being a creepy loser lol...  Seriously, it's just creepy as fuck.  I couldn't imagine pretending to be a cop and pulling over total stangers.  It would be cool if it was a buddy you're messing with, but to do that to some person you don't know... WTF. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 11:19:53 PM »
I doubt voters care about this kind of dumb stuff.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 12:10:43 AM »
I doubt voters care about this kind of dumb stuff.
actually wrong as usual... shit like this will effect a portion of voters.  To what degree, nobody will know but for you to call this "dumb stuff" and say nobody cares is a joke...
This is flat out fucking creepy what he did.  You're a family man, you should also see the creepy in this.  I would be freaking furious if some douchebag pulled over my daughter pretending to be a cop.  How can you say this shit doesn't matter and call it "dumb stuff?" Do you have any heart left or is it just pure troll in there?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 01:06:26 AM »
god that's fucked up

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 01:40:37 AM »
actually wrong as usual... shit like this will effect a portion of voters.  To what degree, nobody will know but for you to call this "dumb stuff" and say nobody cares is a joke...
This is flat out fucking creepy what he did.  You're a family man, you should also see the creepy in this.  I would be freaking furious if some douchebag pulled over my daughter pretending to be a cop.  How can you say this shit doesn't matter and call it "dumb stuff?" Do you have any heart left or is it just pure troll in there?

It does not surprise me that you have your panties in a bunch over this non-story.  Someone told someone who told someone that Romney allegedly did this over 40 years ago.  Stop the presses.

Let me go out on a limb and say this:  I'll be shocked if it comes up in the debates.  There will be no campaign ad about this.  It will not makes "news" outside of MSNBC.  It will not show up in exit polls. 

But you'll be all over it on the internets.  lol

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 02:11:15 AM »
I'll be shocked if it comes up in the debates.  There will be no campaign ad about this.  It will not makes "news" outside of MSNBC.  It will not show up in exit polls.  
No fucking shit a-hole ::)  I didn't for a second think it would.  This has nothing to do with what I said and you know it..  You fuckers jump all over first person testimony when it's about a fucking dem and now it doesn't matter, you try to make it look like it's rumor through the grape vine ::)  bullshit!

It doesn't surprise me you're an idiot jerkoff. </melt>

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 02:21:24 AM »
No fucking shit a-hole ::)  I didn't for a second think it would.  This has nothing to do with what I said and you know it..  You fuckers jump all over first person testimony when it's about a fucking dem and now it doesn't matter, you try to make it look like it's rumor through the grape vine ::)  bullshit!

It doesn't surprise me you're an idiot jerkoff. </melt>

lol.  Was it something I said?  lol

I almost feel sorry for you. :-\

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 02:58:37 AM »
lol.  Was it something I said?  lol

Ok troll mod...  You got what you wanted, your fix...  Now go away.

sorry for me lol....

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 03:15:51 AM »
lol.  Was it something I said?  lol

You are a great man. Despite you hitting rock-bottom you still have the capacity to feel sorry for others despite you have plenty to feel sorry about for yourself