Author Topic: What's life to you?  (Read 10108 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: What's life to you?
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2012, 01:56:37 AM »
What's life to you? Make as much money as you can to be rich, have lots of power, big house, nice broads to get laid with, expensive cars, go on lots of vacations, have your own company/business running OR get the highest level of education, work for somebody, make enough money to pay bills and save some on layaway, drive a nice car, have a decent size house, have a good wife, etc. OR do you want fame/Celebrity status etc, is there a combination of these lifestyles inbetween perhaps?

-Discuss

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2012, 02:14:34 AM »
When I get one I'll get back to you.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2012, 02:34:13 AM »
To be happy.

But bear in mind that happiness, cannot in itself be sought after as the main objective, because true happiness is a byproduct of life. Helping other, being faithful to your beliefs and your family, working hard, enjoying rest etc, will make you happy - the mistake people make is when they leave these things to one side in pursuit of 'happiness'

The same thing is true with Money. If you seek money, as your main objective it will lead to 'all kind of evil'. If you work hard, however, and are careful and wise with your money, you can enjoy it and be happy, and use your money to give your family and the ones you love more oppurtunity and time to relax.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2012, 02:57:53 AM »
What's life to you? Make as much money as you can to be rich, have lots of power, big house, nice broads to get laid with, expensive cars, go on lots of vacations, have your own company/business running OR get the highest level of education, work for somebody, make enough money to pay bills and save some on layaway, drive a nice car, have a decent size house, have a good wife, etc. OR do you want fame/Celebrity status etc, is there a combination of these lifestyles inbetween perhaps?

-Discuss

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2012, 02:59:21 AM »
health and happyness must be first, then a stressless life.having a good woman and friends.

then comes money.

Good order.

Nothing worse than having one lung, 2 glass eyes, derek anthony's kidney, no friends,......and a million bucks to enjoy it all with lol.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
Re: Life
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2012, 03:47:59 AM »
What if money got you endless nights with this  ???

Name?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2012, 04:09:45 AM »
Maybe, but it depends what you mean with that? Many naturally gifted and celebrated individuals still fight the same demons as we do. What use is skill and fortune if we have nobody to champion and celebrate with us? Does it mean we see ourselves as adequate and complete, even if the world does? Why would people such as Michael Hutchence, Diane Arbus, Jonathan Brandis, Mike Kelley and countless others kill themselves, even as their gifts transform and shape the world?

I've spent countless hours upon hours driving myself mad with these questions and in the end I always end up with acceptance. You're an imperfect being. I'm an imperfect being. The girl I'm seeing on Wednesday evening is an imperfect being. All that matters in that I'm perfect for myself and we're perfect for each other. But that only comes through acceptance of self. Simple concept but a lifetime to master.

You don't have to make miracles to do something "naturally to you". You can be a poor painter, but you can paint all seeing eye on your bedroom wall on your own and that makes you happy as hell and people admire you for that skill. But not everyone realises what it might be. You know for example in the "Demolition man" the head character got inserted with special ability to sew and he had no idea he had it

In my country there's several big names who are multi millionaires with familys, who own islands, cars and have more cash than the forrest has leaves, so guess what they do? Murder their wife, children and then burn their huge mansion they lived in and tell the cops "something happent in my head", sometimes they kill themnselves and then noone knows why, hell even if they don't kill themselves noone knows why. I mean these people do not take drugs or anything and yet they do shit like this. So I know what you mean with what you said how can someone who has everything kill themselves. Maby it's a satanic ritual ;D , maby jealousy going overboard, obscenery.

I think if you don't have love in your life, everything you have becomes meaningless. But if you have someone to hold on to or just love in general, not these people who appreciate you for your status and money, you will praise god for everything you have or every little thing you have (just a figure of speech, all you atheists calm down).

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2012, 05:08:50 AM »

-Discuss

Life is HEALTH.

After you get all those things you mention above, you'll get use to them in about  6 months..... once you get used to those beautiful expensive things is like if "none of them didnt exist"....and Just about everyone will get close to you cause you either have "fame or cash"  (family included)....

Life is about getting up every morning wanting "something"...

And if money is not at the bottom of that list...You will never have a life"

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2012, 05:51:06 AM »
health first and working for someone else rarely brings peace of mind needed to be happy

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2012, 11:19:38 AM »

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2012, 06:12:40 PM »
Some solid replies in here. I'm catching up on the readings! But the most important thing I've noticed from the replies is health. And without it nothing can be done in life pretty much. And most people tend to put health bottom of the list. So once stress, emotional distress, anxiety, depression hits them then they'll know what health really is and should be on top of the list!
#

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2012, 06:18:54 PM »
health and a girl you love, doing nice work and being able to pay the rent
= surviving.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2012, 06:22:14 PM »
The stimulations of the brain by the machine would be indiscernible (from an experiential standpoint) from really being free and doing stuff; that's realistic. For example, astronauts are trained in a way such that they experience what will happen in space despite it not having happened at all (their brains are tricked, in essence*). Thus, ultimate pleasure + the experiential equivalent of freedom would be attained by plugging in to the machine. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference, unlike being in prison versus out of prison.

I think that when we sketch these basic facts, we see that the thought experiment isn't stupid but rather achieves its goal of making us question whether a bunch of pleasant states is all that we are really after, or all that we really value, in existing.

*I'm referring to the more recent stuff, where they're using electrodes to stimulate the astronauts' brains in order to simulate the experience of spaceflight, e.g. http://www.nsbri.org/newsflash/indivArticle.asp?id=454&articleID=133.

The feeling of being happy , the chemical recipe that leads to feel happy, is linked to situations where you maintain, defend, or improve your ownor your loved ones odds of survival. Everything that lower them on the moment or might lower them later gets you stressed. Feeling stress= your brain calculating that your odds of survival will be lower in a near future.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2012, 04:24:13 AM »
For me, life is about travelling and exploring the world, having adventures and trying to enjoy life as much as possible.

At the end of my life, I want a lot of great memories and good times to think back on and have no regrets.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2012, 05:30:34 AM »
Life to me is learning how to deal with its ups and downs. Happiness is an emotion just like sadness and you cannot experience one without the other. Its about becoming a better person and not committing the same mistakes over and over. It's about connecting with others, loving and letting yourself be loved. (no homo)

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2012, 07:45:10 AM »

-Discuss

Health and Happiness.. Both Mentally and Physcially

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2012, 08:00:44 AM »
Life is about different things, right now it's about getting the funds to grab the new Smith & Wesson 9mm shield. :o

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2012, 08:10:58 AM »
Life is about different things, right now it's about getting the funds to grab the new Smith & Wesson 9mm shield. :o

i have the S&W MP 9mm.. good concealable gun

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2012, 08:18:51 AM »

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2012, 11:52:26 AM »
i have the S&W MP 9mm.. good concealable gun

I hear it's got little recoil and a nice trigger.

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2012, 12:41:21 PM »
I hear it's got little recoil and a nice trigger.
yeah, i love it, i have big hands, but even for a small gun it fits nicely... no recoil at all for me

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2012, 12:56:51 PM »
holy fuck, that is perfect
What if money got you endless nights with this  ???

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2012, 04:52:57 PM »

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2012, 04:54:12 PM »
Be the best I can in anything I touch.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II