Author Topic: Biggest Robbery in Sports History?  (Read 6926 times)

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Re: Biggest Robbery in Sports History?
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 10:25:47 PM »
Was this his last fight under Arum?  You are right about Arum pocketing about 40% of his dough.

not sure but it's pretty obvious Arum wanted this to end on his terms.

I'm sure some things will surface in the next few weeks.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 10:25:58 PM »

HE'S TR0LLING. D0N'T FEED HIM.

Actually, I'm not trolling. I'm assuming the fight was close going into the 11th and 12th.  I only listen to Emmanuel Steward.  Those other two are one-sided trolls.  Listing to Steward, I thought it could go either way.  I'd have to watch rounds 1-10.  Thanks.    

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2012, 10:26:30 PM »
No, I just saw the last 2 rounds, which Bradley won.

That's great but there were 12 rounds in this fight. and he "won" them because Manny took them off, and he beat his fucking head in the rest of the fight.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 10:27:42 PM »
Actually, I'm not trolling. I'm assuming the fight was close going into the 11th and 12th.  I only listen to Emmanuel Steward.  Those other two are one-sided trolls.  Listing to Steward, I thought it could go either way.  I'd have to watch rounds 1-10.  Thanks.    

Steward said it was a horrible decision...what are you talking about

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2012, 10:29:27 PM »

watch the fight without hearing jim lampley blow paquiao the entire fight

he did the same thing in the last marquez fight.. which i thought pac shoulda lost

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2012, 10:31:16 PM »

L0L Y0U DIDN'T EVEN WATCH THE FIGHT. LMA0

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2012, 10:34:31 PM »
watch the fight without hearing jim lampley blow paquiao the entire fight

he did the same thing in the last marquez fight.. which i thought pac shoulda lost

I think lampley is an idiot and disrregard his opinion, i watch the FIGHT. and Manny won that won that fight going away, it was never in question,.

Marquez was tagging him hard all nght long,and made a case for himself, that little bigheaded ni9.9er didn't do jack shit but "try hard"...who fucking cares. My new fighter that i hope dies in the ring

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2012, 10:35:42 PM »
not sure but it's pretty obvious Arum wanted this to end on his terms.

I'm sure some things will surface in the next few weeks.

If he is going the Mayweather route with Arum, it's obvious Arum would burn him going out the door.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2012, 10:42:25 PM »
If he is going the Mayweather route with Arum, it's obvious Arum would burn him going out the door.

It's amazing to me that fight-fixing still goes on, with today's heightened media awareness nad technology, and all of the investigations and whatnot, it's a different world.  Goes to show you how powerful, and ballsy a guy like Bob Arum is.

And there is NO DOUBT in my mind that was a fixed fight

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »
I had it ten rounds to two for Pacquiao. Manny was the aggressor, higher punch %, and controlled the ring generalship. He shouldn't have pulled that non-sense keeping the World waiting at the beginning of the fight. It co$t him big time. At the end of the day though, compubox numbers are compubox numbers.

Manny owned the ring tonight. Bradley look like a guest in HIS ring.

I was shocked to hear the first score of 115 - 113...... and then to hear 2 of the judges gave it to Bradley. Still can't believe what I have just seen!!
P

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2012, 10:47:49 PM »
It's amazing to me that fight-fixing still goes on, with today's heightened media awareness nad technology, and all of the investigations and whatnot, it's a different world.  Goes to show you how powerful, and ballsy a guy like Bob Arum is.

And there is NO DOUBT in my mind that was a fixed fight

Had to be. No other plausible explanation.  I am not a Manny fan but Bradley did not deserve shit.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2012, 10:48:48 PM »
Rumor is that Pacquiao is retiring out of disgust and pursuing religion/politics.

The fix was in.

We welcome his arrival to the politics board on getbig.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2012, 10:49:24 PM »
Boxing has always been a corrupt sport

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2012, 10:53:29 PM »
Quick twitter scouting shows no one believing it, not one other boxer, no sports writers ringside, not even some of his friends. Closest was Amir Khan scoring it 7/5, everyone else had it 10/2.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2012, 10:57:05 PM »
Quick twitter scouting shows no one believing it, not one other boxer, no sports writers ringside, not even some of his friends. Closest was Amir Khan scoring it 7/5, everyone else had it 10/2.

And Khan's 7/5 could go the other way if Arum instructed the judges to call it tight, depending on how they saw the last two rounds, which I gave to Bradley. I'm just saying that would be their defense, but it's obvious if Manny is doing his own production company that wouldn't make Arum's pockets happy.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2012, 11:02:40 PM »
Pac got screwed.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2012, 11:05:34 PM »
Here's the judge's score cards-

Roth gave Bradley 2,7,10,11,12. C.J. Ross gave Bradley rounds 2,5,7,8,10,11,12. Duane Ford gave him 1,5,7,8,9,10,12.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2012, 11:14:33 PM »
Rigged.

There is no way in hell Pac lost more than 3-4 rounds.

Last boxing i will ever watch and i've been watching Pac since the beginning.

Completely rigged, no chance in a millions years Pac lost that fight.

8)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2012, 11:15:00 PM »
Boxing will never change until they have an open scoring card after every round posted on a scoreboard for everyone to see

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2012, 11:18:58 PM »
Did you see that little shithead,-right after, he won, he's already talking rematch and knew the date of the card....nah, he's not in Arum's pocket or anything

And Manny didn't sOund too enthusiastic about a rematch.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2012, 11:20:53 PM »
Did you see that little shithead,-right after, he won, he's already talking rematch and knew the date of the card....nah, he's not in Arum's pocket or anything

Pac knew the deal.

That's why he played the antics up front.

Boxing is dead. Pac destroyed him and made him look like a amateur.

What a fucking joke.

8)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2012, 11:29:36 PM »

in before 'g-thang' shows up with his ebonics and conspiracy theories.
b

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2012, 11:35:41 PM »
Manny is the most famous man in his country. He thought he was bigger then sport of boxing by making the World wait while he was getting ready watching basketball. He made a huge mistake doing that. Either way I don't believe we'll be seeing those three judges ever again judging a main event bout. 
it doesnt matter what happend before or after the fight, what matters is what happenen during the fight.

Manny dominated whats his face and for what its worth did it while seemingly putting forth little effort.

Manny won that fight and thats all that matters, if you dont like what he did before hand fine tarnish his reputation dont bring it up in response to the shitty ass decision.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2012, 11:57:30 PM »
I have been saying for long time : "BOXING IS THE MOST CORRUPTED SPORT AFTER HORSERACING"
This is not the first fix in Pacquiao boxing career,infact Pacquiao vs Clottey was a fix (Clottey was paid to not even try to punch Pacquiao) and Pacquiao vs Mosley was a fix too ( Pac and Mosley agree to go the distance in a lopsided bout that resembled more an hug fest than a boxing match).
Also Mayweather vs Mosley (were Mosley stopped trying to win when he realized that he hurted Floyd for real) and Mayweather vs Ortiz (with a the ridicolous kiss in the cheek by Ortiz and floyd sucker punch with the refree looking on the other side ,WWE style) were fixed!
Mayweather vs Cotto was a fix too with Cotto leaving the ring after the decision without stay in the ring for the post fight interview and crying in the locker room for the shame to have agreed at fix match. Does anybody remember the scene from Raging Bull were Jake La Motta after volontary losing a fixed fight go in the locker room and cry over for the shame!

Tonite the fix was in and both boxers knew already the outcome since the biginning! Everything has been set up by Arum and rest of the mobster that run boxing so they can win big money with boxing bets and Arum and both fighters will make more money in the rematch!
Most of the time boxers have no choice but accept the fix otherwaise they will never boxe again!
The only STUPID are the boxing fans that paid for watching the fight and still believe that boxing is real.
Believe me between boxing and WWE there is not much difference nowdays!!!

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2012, 12:02:33 AM »

From what I heard, Bradley signed with Arum, so both are his fighters.  If Manny goes his own way, would Floyd take the fight, given he won't touch a fight with Arum getting a sizable cut?  At the end of the day, I see why Floyd won't fuck with Arum anymore.  Oh, did anyone notice that Arum wasn't enraged by the decision?