Author Topic: when do you guys change your workouts  (Read 2472 times)

RKO

when do you guys change your workouts
« on: November 03, 2005, 09:54:00 PM »
hey guys
I'm just curious, when do you guys change you workout or exerise selections??  is it good to change it up every week?

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: when do you guys change your workouts
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 07:37:47 AM »
Change every 6 to 8 weeks, even if I'm making progress on any one program. I usually keep to three main systems of working out throughout the year (may always be a good idea to map out long range planning goals and workout's, say 6 month's to a year).

My 6-8 week scheme is GVT (which I'm on now), Power rack training and general BB'ing with higher reps (12-20). Whatever system I use, it will always be between 45 minutes to an hour. Good Luck.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 08:01:43 AM »
I think what JPM has said is smart thinking,sometimes it is good to change ven if a program is workijng for u, so wen u cum bak to it u should jump into new growth. I did a regular 3 day a wek bb'ing split for 8 weeks, now iv changed to a diff workout, not a regular plsit, i am doing this for about 4 weeks before i go bak to my original routine.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 01:34:56 PM »
Rarely.  So long as I am increasing the weight i use, I still make good gains.  That is to say, I keep more or less the same split, and use several key exercises.  That being said, i switch it up within workouts, so that one week i may do machine squats for my 3rd exercise, the next week might be lunges.  I always go with squat and leg press first, though, for example. 

When I'm dieting, I change it up as often as possible, and keep the workouts short and sweet, to avoid catabolism.  I only keep a split for 6 weeks during a diet, so i use two different splits throughout the course of the diet.
:-)

619Rules

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 08:02:54 PM »
619 has to change up his workout, b/c of lockjaw

Crunchbar has yet ANOTHER handle...please help us ;D

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 10:21:37 PM »
stop posting that..