Author Topic: At what age will you toss in the towel and stop training/ trying 2 look ur best?  (Read 10608 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

gatorr

• Getbig II
47 and still training and juicing. Why quit? So i look like the rest of guys in their forties, pot bellies, stick arms, look like complete crap. My wife loves the shape iam in. Work out goals have changed like i dont train real heavy any more, less weight higher rep. Dont do certain movements that hurt the next day like dead lifts, heavy squats, flat bench.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I'm 42 and started lifting when i was 18. I'm not so fussed these days if I miss a workout here or there, and I'm not on hrt so I have no delusions that I'm ever going to get any bigger and my training has changed as a result. I rarely do exercises that will cook my nervous system or risk injury (which these days takes a lot longer to get over), and I'm doing a lot more cardio now than I ever used to. Still go 3 times a week, still look better than most people my age.

When I was 30, I was training back in Oz and this little old man wandered into the gym. He was so skinny his bike pants were flapping against his legs. He'd just bought himself a lifetime gym membership for his 90th birthday. He didn't have a clue at the beginning but he trained as hard and as consistently as anyone. He was a real inspiration at the time. He also gave me this piece of wisdom gained after being on the planet for 90 years...."Sleep with as many women as you can, whenever the opportunity presents itself!".

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
MC is like 95 and still training so anyone can stay committed as long as you find a way to motivate yourself and love doing it, thats it

BigCyp

• Getbig V
As soon as your mom loses interest, im done with the gym thing.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
They`ll have to pry a barbell from my cold dead hands!

JasonH

• Getbig V
I'll always train - I started when I was 15 and I just turned 35.

When I was a kid I was all about trying to be the biggest, strongest guy in the gym and it was nothing but permabulking. I never did become the biggest or strongest but it was nice to try and shoot for it and the journey was an experience.

These days I'm more about the health look as I get older - the muscles and strength have got to be there but I'm now doing so much more cardio and I'm actually interested in having a six-pack and definition. My diet is also much more refined and I actually watch my fat and simple carbs intake rather than just stuff any old calories in my mouth.

People change over the years and your goals change as well, and as long as I still enjoy it and keep making progress then I'll probably be training in the gym in some capacity until the day I die.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
my main motivation/idol is not levrone, arnie or anyone famous.

it was during holiday in spain, there was a guy who looked 50 at least and was pretty jacked and very lean, you could tell the guy always enjoyed life by just seeing his face.

thats when i thought i want that too.

its easy to stop and get back to normal eating and thus, turn into a fatso or twink, while couple workouts weekly and somewhat good diet will prevent that from happening.well, and hrt/trt at some point, of course
I hear you brother! 

BigCyp

• Getbig V

That'll be some task when it's loaded with the 15's Wes  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
That'll be some task when it's loaded with the 15's Wes  ;D
You fucker!!  LOL  :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
or "choked on bench by bar only" ;D

has anyone seen robby robinson in his 60s?

its quite incredible
Bar only  ???

Come on,I can bench 95 for a good solid 6 reps now!!   :(

;D

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Most of you won`t have heard of a british bodybuilder called Martin Yates Brown,he was a potential star in the late 70s till a car crash put an end to his competition plans.But in the last few years he has made a comeback and competed in many senior shows,and took this pic of himself last week on his 65th birthday.Hopefully i`ll still be training when i`m his age.First pic is from 1978.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
This is my 30th year of training. Keeps me healthy and looking and feeling great. Why stop?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
That's what she said.      ;D

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
Why would I ever quit? That's a question my moronic friends ask me - what if you stop training? I answer - why would I?

backday

• Getbig III
My 45th year of training  8)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Working out to "look good" is for homos that want to impress other men.

So you train to "outlift" other guys?

hahahah....gayest reply I've read so far.

Borracho

• Getbig V
Much respect to all the getbiggers here over 40 and still giving a damn!

Borracho

• Getbig V
My 45th year of training  8)

61 years old???

Amazing!

backday

• Getbig III

Borracho

• Getbig V
yes, the plan is till age 50 and then see further.

we have talked about this in pm bro, this whole training stuff prevents me from turning "borracho" ;D

lol

Training makes a lot of us better people that's for sure...

btw, how old are you now?

Borracho

• Getbig V
will turn 34 this year, look like 43 ;D

btw, respect to all the oldies here who still train and look good.hrt or not who cares.

Must be all that test you've taken  ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
What's with all these sissys in their 30's training light like they're old, I think it's just plain laziness.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Will you still give a damn when you're older?
80-85 years old if i.m still around.
F

backday

• Getbig III
What's with all these sissys in their 30's training light like they're old, I think it's just plain laziness.
Ummmmm everybody is not the same , but me and some of my lifting mates were strongest at around 38-40 .Ofcourse injuries play a big roll in that.