Author Topic: At what age will you toss in the towel and stop training/ trying 2 look ur best?  (Read 10593 times)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
us old heads learned to go with the flow and listen to our bodies, if i tried doing the workouts i did in my 20,s id be in the ER on life support before i got half way through the workout ;D
R

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Ummmmm everybody is not the same , but me and some of my lifting mates were strongest at around 38-40 .Ofcourse injuries play a big roll in that.
I get that, but it seems to be the norm, not the exception. I'm 38 now and still looking to get stronger.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
I'm 44, look 34 and I will NEVER, EVER stop.  My last day I hope to have a great workout...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
sure you do.

on cable machine ::)

If you followed ANY of my thoughts on training you would know that I'm pretty much anti-machine in MOST cases.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
i think test is one of the healthier things ive took throughout my life ;D

no, i got my hair turning grey at 25 :-[, makes me look old when its grown, but when i shave my head, i get away with looking sub 30 for some.

chaos, i dont know, some develop chronic injuries to shoulders over time, but still keep going.my shoulder joints arent the best anymore and it simply doesnt go away.

I'll take going grey over going bald any day. Reason why I said it was test making you look older is cause I always hear it does that to a lot of people.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
My 45th year of training  8)

Looking great as always my friend!!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
When it comes to weight training I’m guessing I will call it quits between 50 and 55.  If you don’t look good by then it’s probably not gonna happen at all.  At that point, I’ll restrict myself to biking, tennis, and other cardio—and I’ll keep my clothes on.  Unless you have a killer body no one over 50 should routinely be walking around shirtless.  :-[

I always find it funny to go online and see dudes (especially dudes in their 50s and 60s) who describe themselves as “muscular.”  If you are beefy and muscular people can see it; you don’t need to bring it up.  Describing yourself as beefy or muscular when your pix don’t clearly show that makes you look delusional.  :'(

backday

• Getbig III
Looking great as always my friend!!
Hi there Wes , thanks my man, you aren´t  looking so bad your self either stud.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Look at guys like Wes, Basile and Musclecenter. They were already hitting the iron when the world was still flat..

lvtolft

• Getbig III
I'm 44, look 34 and I will NEVER, EVER stop.  My last day I hope to have a great workout...
^^This.

bigmc

• Getbig V
I get that, but it seems to be the norm, not the exception. I'm 38 now and still looking to get stronger.

il send you some dbol  ;)
T

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
il send you some dbol  ;)

the old ciba-giegy ones preferebly :) you guys around my age group and older prolly remember those
R

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
 ;)

no comment

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
I will die with the iron in my hands...
H

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
twinks who train weighing 170 lbs of juiced up muscles who are basically male secretaries doing paper work as a job

try doing carpentry or painting at above 200 pounds
A

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
twinks who train weighing 170 lbs of juiced up muscles who are basically male secretaries doing paper work as a job

try doing carpentry or painting at above 200 pounds

You're doing pretty well at rationalizing the fact that you're too stupid to take any intelectual job.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
I hope I'm lifting for the rest of my life.  Will turn 37 in August and I'd love to hit it hard again.  I've never used so I only understand natural training.  Believe me, I've wanted to use in the past, but hopefully that natural training will allow me to go another 35 years.

noc

• Getbig IV
I hope I'm lifting for the rest of my life.  Will turn 37 in August and I'd love to hit it hard again.  I've never used so I only understand natural training.  Believe me, I've wanted to use in the past, but hopefully that natural training will allow me to go another 35 years.

If anything, surely the use of wonderful chemicals will allow you to go well into your old age ;)

che

• Getbig V
 I'll train  until the day I die ,  I really don't care what I look like  but I can't help it , I'm  still beautiful

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
I don't think you stop training, but at a certain points you should maybe change goals. For instance, I figure by 40 or so, it'll be time to stop looking at certain things like maximal strength, hypertrophy, etc..... and focus more on longevity based goals like joint mobility, general health, etc..... that most younger folks don't think about.

X2..

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
I threw in the towel when i was 36.

Didn't care anymore by then.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Will you still give a damn when you're older?
Well I'm 53 and recently decided to just go to hell. Life is pretty good .