Author Topic: Thanks Obamacare: 83% of Doctors Surveyed Say They May Quit if law implemented  (Read 29232 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
DPMA led coalition letter urging repeal of PPACA
http://www.doctorsandpatients.org/images/files/Senate_PPACA_Repeal_Coalition_letter.pdf

your source is pure bullshit.. try again fuckface

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

Kathryn Serkes

Learn more about corporations VOTING to rewrite our laws.

Kathryn Serkes is the Co-Founder and Chairman of the Doctor Patient Medical Association (DPMA), a conservative group working to repeal health care reform[1] that calls itself "a nonpartisan association of doctors and patients dedicated to preserving free choice in medicine."[2] The DPMA has ties to the Tea Party Movement.[3]
Ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council

Kathryn Serkes represents DPMA as a member of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) and is on ALEC's Health and Human Services Task Force.[4]
About ALEC
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our PRWatch.org site.

Background

Role in Defeating Clinton Health Plan
According to her biography on the DPMA website, "for more than 16 years, [Serkes] served as public affairs and policy consultant for the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, representing that group during it’s litigation against the Hillary Clinton and the White House Health Care Task Force, and helping to spur the national coalition that lead to the defeat of the Clinton health plan."[4]
Time at the Controversial Federal Emergency Management Agency
"Appointed by four Administrations to serve at the Federal Emergency Management Agency" (FEMA), according to Serkes' biography, she "received that agency’s highest recognition, the 'Director’s Award for Meritorious Service.'"[4] FEMA is a "former independent agency that became part of the new U.S. Department of Homeland Security in March 2003 - is tasked with responding to, planning for, recovering from and mitigating against disasters."[5] FEMA's role in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina has been widely criticized.
Work to Limit the Rights of Americans Injured or Killed by Corporations
According to DPMA, Serkes is "founder and chair of the 'Coalition Against Prosecutorial Abuse' to rein in government trial lawyers – the criminal companion to civil tort reform."[4]
History in the PR Business
According to DPMA, Serkes "is also president and founder of Square One Media Network, a strategic communications firm serving clients such as Boeing, Sheraton Hotels, Continental Airlines, Time Warner Communications, Washington State Dairy Commission, Washington Health Care Association, and the State of Washington since 1985. Offices are located in Seattle and Washington D.C."[4]
References

↑ Suzanne Hoholik, Group Predicts Savings from Health-Care Law, Columbus Dispatch, October 27, 2011
↑ Amy Kremer, Politico Arena profile, accessed December 20, 2011
↑ National Tea Party Federation, Membership List, organizational site, accessed December 20, 2011
↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Doctor Patient Medical Association, Kathryn Serkes, organization biography, accessed December 20, 2011
↑ Federal Emergency Management Agency, History, government agency site, accessed December 20, 2011

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Townhall Columnists Ken Hoagland

Ken Hoagland
Email Ken Hoagland
Receive Updates from Ken Hoagland
Email | RSS Feed

Ken Hoagland is the chairman of the FairTax National Victory Campaign based in Houston. His new book, "The FairTax Solution" appears on bookshelves March 4th and will be previewed at the upcoming CPAC Convention in Washington, D.C. More information on the FairTax can be found at www.Fairtax.org .
It's Time for a Second Tax Revolt
By Ken Hoagland (Feb 11, 2010)
More than 200 years ago a new idea about the rights of individuals and the rights of government began as a tax protest in Boston Harbor. “No taxation without... more

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Bro...i can stop if you want me to...just fess up... say you picked a fucked up partisan source to try and make a point...no harm no foul

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Report: 83 percent of doctors have considered quitting over Obamacare
Published: 2:20 PM 07/09/2012
By Sally Nelson

Eighty-three percent of American physicians have considered leaving their practices over President Barack Obama’s health care reform law, according to a survey released by the Doctor Patient Medical Association.

The DPMA, a non-partisan association of doctors and patients, surveyed a random selection of 699 doctors nationwide. The survey found that the majority have thought about bailing out of their careers over the legislation, which was upheld last month by the Supreme Court.

Even if doctors do not quit their jobs over the ruling, America will face a shortage of at least 90,000 doctors by 2020. The new health care law increases demand for physicians by expanding insurance coverage. This change will exacerbate the current shortage as more Americans live past 65.

By 2025 the shortage will balloon to over 130,000, Len Marquez, the director of government relations at the American Association of Medical Colleges, told The Daily Caller.

“One of our primary concerns is that you’ve got an aging physician workforce and you have these new beneficiaries — these newly insured people — coming through the system,” he said. “There will be strains and there will be physician shortages.”

The DPMA found that many doctors do not believe the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will lead to better access to medical care for the majority of Americans, co-founder of the DPMA Kathryn Serkes told TheDC.

“Doctors clearly understand what Washington does not — that a piece of paper that says you are ‘covered’ by insurance or ‘enrolled’ in Medicare or Medicaid does not translate to actual medical care when doctors can’t afford to see patients at the lowball payments, and patients have to jump through government and insurance company bureaucratic hoops,” she said. (SEE ALSO: Jeremiah Wright: ‘White racist alien DNA’ running through synapses of Obama’s brain )

The American Medical Association, which endorsed Obama’s health care overhaul, was not able to immediately offer comment on the survey. Spokesperson Heather Lasher Todd said it would take time to review the information in the survey.

Janelle Davis of the American Academy of Family Physicians said the AAFP could not provide thoughtful commentary without studying the survey’s findings and methodology.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/09/report-83-percent-of-doctors-have-considered-quitting-over-obamacare/

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Report: 83 percent of doctors have considered quitting over Obamacare
Published: 2:20 PM 07/09/2012
By Sally Nelson

Eighty-three percent of American physicians have considered leaving their practices over President Barack Obama’s health care reform law, according to a survey released by the Doctor Patient Medical Association.

The DPMA, a non-partisan association of doctors and patients, surveyed a random selection of 699 doctors nationwide. The survey found that the majority have thought about bailing out of their careers over the legislation, which was upheld last month by the Supreme Court.

Even if doctors do not quit their jobs over the ruling, America will face a shortage of at least 90,000 doctors by 2020. The new health care law increases demand for physicians by expanding insurance coverage. This change will exacerbate the current shortage as more Americans live past 65.

By 2025 the shortage will balloon to over 130,000, Len Marquez, the director of government relations at the American Association of Medical Colleges, told The Daily Caller.

“One of our primary concerns is that you’ve got an aging physician workforce and you have these new beneficiaries — these newly insured people — coming through the system,” he said. “There will be strains and there will be physician shortages.”

The DPMA found that many doctors do not believe the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will lead to better access to medical care for the majority of Americans, co-founder of the DPMA Kathryn Serkes told TheDC.

“Doctors clearly understand what Washington does not — that a piece of paper that says you are ‘covered’ by insurance or ‘enrolled’ in Medicare or Medicaid does not translate to actual medical care when doctors can’t afford to see patients at the lowball payments, and patients have to jump through government and insurance company bureaucratic hoops,” she said. (SEE ALSO: Jeremiah Wright: ‘White racist alien DNA’ running through synapses of Obama’s brain )

The American Medical Association, which endorsed Obama’s health care overhaul, was not able to immediately offer comment on the survey. Spokesperson Heather Lasher Todd said it would take time to review the information in the survey.

Janelle Davis of the American Academy of Family Physicians said the AAFP could not provide thoughtful commentary without studying the survey’s findings and methodology.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/09/report-83-percent-of-doctors-have-considered-quitting-over-obamacare/

Oh Beach.. i give you more credit than 333... so as an adult lets do some homework before you repost "POLLS"..First off...just because it says non partisan doesnt make it true.. This is a Group that was put together in 2011 for the sole purpose of being anti Obama care... All you have to do is look at their WEBSITE ... look at their CEOS HISTORY on the subject and then you tell me if this is a credible source. To repost this as some kind of hard fact is just irresponsible

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Oh Beach.. i give you more credit than 333... so as an adult lets do some homework before you repost "POLLS"..First off...just because it says non partisan doesnt make it true.. This is a Group that was put together in 2011 for the sole purpose of being anti Obama care... All you have to do is look at their WEBSITE ... look at their CEOS HISTORY on the subject and then you tell me if this is a credible source. To repost this as some kind of hard fact is just irresponsible

Coming from the fool who tried to pass off "Doctors for America" baloney?   

LMFAO! 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Bitch

Let me know.. if you want me to further dismantle this bullshit... you started with this 83% bullshit. And i know first hand. I was just posting some shit i found just like you did to show how easy it is. But if you really want to go on this subject i can destroy you even further. Did you vett the source of this bullshit poll. Im sure you didnt because you have the brain power of a single celled amoeba. God damn imbisile. And god forbid you come on here and say, my bad, i fucked up and used a bullshit source for this... no....you double down and make yourself look more like an idiot by throwing more idiotic numbers that contradict your first set of figures.. God damn youre a fucking moron.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Bitch

Let me know.. if you want me to further dismantle this bullshit... you started with this 83% bullshit. And i know first hand. I was just posting some shit i found just like you did to show how easy it is. But if you really want to go on this subject i can destroy you even further. Did you vett the source of this bullshit poll. Im sure you didnt because you have the brain power of a single celled amoeba. God damn imbisile. And god forbid you come on here and say, my bad, i fucked up and used a bullshit source for this... no....you double down and make yourself look more like an idiot by throwing more idiotic numbers that contradict your first set of figures.. God damn youre a fucking moron.

I didnt start anything - I posted a widely reported on survey that most docs in your profession seem to despise obamacare.

Bro honest question - what does it feel like knowing that obama, who you voted for, single handidly, knee capped your chosen profession ?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
I didnt start anything - I posted a widely reported on survey that most docs in your profession seem to despise obamacare.

Bro honest question - what does it feel like knowing that obama, who you voted for, single handidly, knee capped your chosen profession ?

No you did start it, by posting this ridiculous thread.

And that "honest question" just shows how stupid you are. The medical group i work for. Healthcare Partners medical group. 2nd largest medical group in California to Kaiser.  ITs a doctor owned group. And the Love the ACO. As a matter of fact. The CEO, who is actually a DOCTOR (unlike the marketing director who is the ceo of your DPMA) is an advisior to and HCP is of the flagship medical groups that will roll out the new healthcare reform in its functionality. I know because my mother is the Vice President of the company and ive gathering information on this since its inception from a moral standpoint and my duty as an American to help other needy Americans, as well as from a business perspective because my family's future is tied in with the medical industry, from my mother to myself. And from my mothers standpoint (BA from UCLA Masters from Stanford) ACO is great for our company and will boost buisness.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No you did start it, by posting this ridiculous thread.

And that "honest question" just shows how stupid you are. The medical group i work for. Healthcare Partners medical group. 2nd largest medical group in California to Kaiser.  ITs a doctor owned group. And the Love the ACO. As a matter of fact. The CEO, who is actually a DOCTOR (unlike the marketing director who is the ceo of your DPMA) is an advisior to and HCP is of the flagship medical groups that will roll out the new healthcare reform in its functionality. I know because my mother is the Vice President of the company and ive gathering information on this since its inception from a moral standpoint and my duty as an American to help other needy Americans, as well as from a business perspective because my family's future is tied in with the medical industry, from my mother to myself. And from my mothers standpoint (BA from UCLA Masters from Stanford) ACO is great for our company and will boost buisness.

That forcing young broke people to pay for expensive policies they will never use is definately going to boost the bottom line for some for sure! 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
The policies will be less expensive than the drain of the un insured right now.  By adding policies based on wage you will have the free-market deciding the cost also.  But as we know 33333 doesnt beilive in the free-market or capitialism.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
That forcing young broke people to pay for expensive policies they will never use is definately going to boost the bottom line for some for sure!  

Woah woah woah.. so what is it.. Is it bad for the Doctors or is it bad for the patient. There is a term in Latin used for this situation, Que Bene, Who benefits.. because someone does...

Son.. youve switched your argument like 12 times now..get it together son. You cant take a stance, get destroyed, and just morph the argument... Cmon.. get your head in the game, youre better than that son. Lets put on your bigboy pants and get back in there and act like an adult.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The policies will be less expensive than the drain of the un insured right now.  By adding policies based on wage you will have the free-market deciding the cost also.  But as we know 33333 doesnt beilive in the free-market or capitialism.

False - the policies will not be cheaper and everyone, INCLUDING Obama himself admitted this.   Sure he lied his ass off in his campaiging for this, but he told the truth once about this.

Anyone believing premiums will drop like obama once promised is delusional

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
now im headed to get coffee..now straighten this shit out before i get back

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
False - the policies will not be cheaper and everyone, INCLUDING Obama himself admitted this.   Sure he lied his ass off in his campaiging for this, but he told the truth once about this.

So is it bad for doctors or patients?... out with it

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Of course he doesnt why do you think he screams for the government to fix everything from the economy to the middle east for several hours everyday? Doesnt sound like a free-market no government type does it?

War-Horse

• Getbig V

So you dont believe in the free-market to balance this out?  How conveinent.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

So you dont believe in the free-market to balance this out?  How conveinent.

LOL. 

Free market means insurances carriers can sell policies across state lines and offer any insurance products they want to willing customers.

Obamacare is the opposite of that.   

War-Horse

• Getbig V
LOL. 

Free market means insurances carriers can sell policies across state lines and offer any insurance products they want to willing customers.

Obamacare is the opposite of that.   

So you' d want a national standard for health insurance instead of a states right to determine policy regulations?  Then you are for national healthcare and taking away a states right to regulate it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

So you' d want a national standard for health insurance instead of a states right to determine policy regulations?  Then you are for national healthcare and taking away a states right to regulate it.

No national standard at all.  That is the problem.  National standard means less competition and higher prices.   

If a company in say Connecticut offers a type of policy that I want, why should i be forbidden to purchase it just because I live in NYS? 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
  June 15, 2011 at 8:30 am  Aaron Carroll
This is an ongoing series on health care system “memes” that continue to permeate our debate, even when evidence shows them to be false. The introductory post contains links to all entries.

This meme appeared recently as part of Governor Romney’s health care plan. It’s a common one, brought out often to argue that deregulation is the answer to lowering health care costs.

But let’s think this through.

The reason that insurance can’t be sold across state lines right now is that states have the right to regulate their own insurance markets. Yes, states – not the feds – get to set their own rules when it comes to the individual insurance market.

Since states differ in terms of local politics, and local needs, they set different rules for insurance. Some states want to have an insurance market where you can’t be denied insurance for any reason, and you can’t be charged more for being sick. Other states want to limit the difference you can be charged for being older or sicker if you want a policy.

I say “want” because we still live in a democracy, where people vote for what they think they need. These states have these policies because they were enacted by local governments elected by their residents. So, unless you no longer believe in state government, this is how it goes.

Right now, there’s nothing stopping an insurance company from selling policies in every state in the nation. They just have to create policies within each state that comply with local laws. Many insurance companies do this, finding a way to be profitable in each market.

This is the first problem with the “sell insurance across state lines” argument. If you support this, you’re effectively telling states that they cannot make their own decisions. They can’t set any standards for themselves locally. They have to abide by the decisions of other states when it comes to insurance.

Because, make no mistake about it, if you remove the state regulatory boundaries, all the insurance companies will set up shop in the state with the fewest regulations and start to sell insurance nationally. This is exactly what happened with the credit card industry.

Perhaps this doesn’t bother you. Perhaps you’re fine with this because you believe that it will lower costs, and that is paramount. So let’s deal with that side of the issue.

There is no doubt that when you set community ratings and guaranteed issue that the cheapest policy will be much more expensive than the cheapest policy in a state without those regulations. Let me explain. If I created an insurance company in a state without any regulations, then I could choose to cover only completely healthy young males. I could be assured none would get pregnant. None would need pelvic exams, or mammograms, or Pap smears. I could refuse to cover anyone who had ever been ill, or who had ever had a family member who had been ill.

As you can imagine, it would be really cheap to care for this population, and so the insurance I’d sell would be really, really inexpensive. Everyone else, however, would be out of luck. And anyone who tried to insure that population would find a skewed risk pool, making the average policy created for it really expensive.

Now, if I’m a healthy, young male in a regulated state it might be attractive to me to buy a policy from that unregulated state. But if I were a female with diabetes, I’d be totally screwed. Moreover, as all the healthy people snapped up cheap policies, the remaining people would form an uninsurable risk pool.

About 20% of the population is responsible for about 80% of health care spending. Would they be any less ill? Would their medicines cost less? Would their procedures? What exactly about health care would be cheaper in this alternate reality?

No one would want to insure them.

What we would have is a world where it would be likely cheaper for those who don’t need health care to get insurance. For everyone else, especially those who need care, insurance would be more expensive, and care harder to obtain.

There’s no example of this working out well, anywhere in the world. It’s rhetoric that sounds good, but would lead to terrible outcomes.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Good read

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Another one bites the dust

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Woah woah woah.. so what is it.. Is it bad for the Doctors or is it bad for the patient. There is a term in Latin used for this situation, Que Bene, Who benefits.. because someone does...

Son.. youve switched your argument like 12 times now..get it together son. You cant take a stance, get destroyed, and just morph the argument... Cmon.. get your head in the game, youre better than that son. Lets put on your bigboy pants and get back in there and act like an adult.

This is the very reason mommy makes him wear a helmet while on the internet.  To reduce the damage of having his ass whipped in threads all the time.