Author Topic: AP sources: Immunity offered to certain immigrants (by Obama)  (Read 15638 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: AP sources: Immunity offered to certain immigrants (by Obama)
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 10:31:44 AM »

Obama last year admitted that what he did today is ILLEGAL!   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2012, 10:41:23 AM »
•By: Erisa Nakano

PHOENIX - Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio sat down at ABC15 to talk about the new changes by the Obama administration to stop deporting younger illegal immigrants.

The announcement came in around 6:30 a.m. Friday that some illegal immigrants will be granted work permits if they meet certain requirements.

"I think people from Mexico are now going to feel, 'Hey come on in and we'll get by with it.' But it won't happen in this county. They will still be arrested," Arpaio said.

According to The Associated Press, this change will affect as many as 800,000 immigrants who have lived in fear of deportation.

"This seems to be politically motivated," Arpaio said. "I would rather see the president let Congress decide what to do on this issue and other illegal immigration problems."

You can watch the interview between ABC15's Connie Colla and Sheriff Arpaio in the attached video.

More information on the illegal immigration announcement can be found on ABC15.com.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/video-sheriff-arpaio-reacts-to-illegal-immigration-change#ixzz1xsvCsdbr

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 11:02:56 AM »
Obama administration tries to downplay impact, muffle public opposition to amnesty move

12:06 PM 06/15/2012

ADVERTISEMENT
Administration officials tried to head off public protest over their June 15 decision to not deport under-30 illegal immigrants by claiming that the de-facto amnesty is not a legal amnesty.

“This is not amnesty — it is an exercise of [prosecutorial] discretion so that these young people are not in the removal system,” said President Barack Obama’s immigration deputy, Janet Napolitano, the secretary of the Department of Homeland Security.

The legal rollback is needed to focus law-enforcement resources on criminals and terrorists, officials claimed.

But Napolitano also undermined the claim by highlighting the policy’s broad and immediate impact.

“Effective immediately, young [foreign] people who were brought to the United States… will no longer be removed from the country,” Napolitano said in the press conference.

The administration’s large-scale amnesty for roughly 800,000 illegals may spur anger among voters already facing high unemployment.

Many polls show Americans want to be generous to immigrants, but fear the impact on jobs and their neighborhoods. Even the so-called “DREAM Act” did not win a clear majority of support from the public, despite much much lobbying by industry and hispanic advocates, and despite favorable media coverage that cast it as a minor measure to help younger productive Hispanics.

The administration’s election-year amnesty move may grow far larger than advertised, because it can be used by foreign children who are now in the country when they reach the age of 15. Younger illegal immigrants “will be able to age into the process,” said an administration official June 15.

It may also be exploited by other immigrants who will use the existing black-market in false documents to fake suitable work histories and ages.

The new policy may also spur additional illegal immigration by people wishing to see their children immigrate into United States’ relatively high-wage economy.

The process puts illegals under age 30 on track to gain legal residency, citizenship and the ability to co-sponsor their older relatives to legally join them in the United States.

New citizens, including older residents, are eligible for the United States’ relatively generous welfare programs, including Medicare and Medicare.

The potential for campaign-trail damage was highlighted by Napolitano’s June 15 press conference.

She portrayed the amnesty as a cost-saving program, not an amnesty or a bid for Hispanic votes in 2012.

“I believe that additional measures are needed to ensure that enforcement resources are not expended on low priority cases,” she said.

But she did not take questions from reporters.

Instead, two administration officials answered questions from selected reporters, including from the Spanish-language TV network, Univision and from The New York Times.

The selected reporters did not offer skeptical questions about the scale and impact of the amnesty. The reporters also did not ask about its impact on American workers, especially low-skill workers whose wages and opportunities have declined for more than a decade amid the inflow of roughly 10 million illegal immigrants.

Follow Neil on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/15/obama-administration-tries-to-downplay-impact-muffle-public-opposition-to-amnesty-move/

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/15/obama-administration-tries-to-downplay-impact-muffle-public-opposition-to-amnesty-move/#ixzz1xt0jLYyD

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 11:23:59 AM »
Good luck with that.

it's the only reasonable approach to this issue. There is zero chance of deporting the millions of illegals already here.

Refine the focus and move on. Everything else is pure posturing and more money spend on chasing a rabbit hole. This is reminiscent of the "war on drugs" and the billions spent on that farce. A reasonable approach is required. I believe this provides one.
Abandon every hope...

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 11:27:29 AM »
it's the only reasonable approach to this issue. There is zero chance of deporting the millions of illegals already here.

Refine the focus and move on. Everything else is pure posturing and more money spend on chasing a rabbit hole. This is reminiscent of the "war on drugs" and the billions spent on that farce. A reasonable approach is required. I believe this provides one.

You don't have to deport them.  Just make penalties for employing them severe, proof of citizenship for DL, no schooling etc.  Then they will leave.  Additionally, this "reasoned approach" is garbage and ignorant because if you don't stop the flow, we will just have the same problem again.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 11:27:35 AM »

Well obama disagreed with you last year and admitted what he did today is illegal.   You leftist drones truly beg for communist dictatorship running this nation.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 11:28:27 AM »
You don't have to deport them.  Just make penalties for employing them severe, proof of citizenship for DL, no schooling etc.  Then they will leave.  Additionally, this "reasoned approach" is garbage and ignorant because if you don't stop the flow, we will just have the same problem again.

Ozmo - what do you think the odds of Obama deporting the illegal alien parents are now? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 11:29:55 AM »
I dont agree with this shit..
Obama just ensured the guy vote for sure..

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 11:31:10 AM »

Not gonna happen. Those companies pay millions to political campaigns to ensure the status quo is kept. Slave labor is alive and well.

No it won't. Immigrants will still come here illegally unless you give them an opportunity to come legally or stay legally. Get an education, contribute to society, stay out of trouble. Those are immigrants America needs and wants. The demographics of this country are shifting towards an aging population. A boom of immigrants who become educated and contribute is just what this economy needs long term.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2012, 11:31:59 AM »
At a time when youth unemployment is already a disaster, does this piece of garbage not understand that adding up to a million new people into that equation will only exacerbate the problem and drive down wages even further?  

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2012, 11:35:28 AM »
Not gonna happen. Those companies pay millions to political campaigns to ensure the status quo is kept. Slave labor is alive and well.

No it won't. Immigrants will still come here illegally unless you give them an opportunity to come legally or stay legally. Get an education, contribute to society, stay out of trouble. Those are immigrants America needs and wants. The demographics of this country are shifting towards an aging population. A boom of immigrants who become educated and contribute is just what this economy needs long term.

It needs to happen because the reasoned approach leads to more of the same problem.  When the people of the USA (actual citizens) get fed up enough they can cause change in our government.  It takes a lot but is can happen.  Will it ever happen? I donno, i would hope, but it doesn't look that way.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2012, 11:53:38 AM »
Obama Jobs Program: Help Illegals Compete with Americans for Scarce Jobs

by Mike Flynn

www.breitbart.com

Today, the Obama Administration, in an obvious attempt to boost the President's flailing reelection campaign, announced that it would bypass Congress and rewrite the nation's immigration laws.

The Obama administration will stop deporting and begin granting work permits to younger illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children and have since led law-abiding lives. The election-year initiative addresses a top priority of an influential Latino electorate that has been vocal in its opposition to administration deportation policies.

The second sentence of the Associated Press story addresses the true impetus for the policy change; election-year politics. Obama, and today's Democrat party, see the electorate as a patchwork-quilt of interest groups. Sprinkle enough goodies on certain blocks of voters and they believe they can put together just enough support to win. It can work to a point. But, when the pandering to specific groups undercuts one's overarching narrative it can erode support in the overall electorate.

Obama's policy change sends a clear message to Hispanic voters. It also sends a clear message to non-hispanic voters. Namely, Obama has just added millions of workers to the legal labor force. Millions of illegal immigrants will now be able to legally compete with Americans for the very few jobs available. This message will not be lost on working-class voters.

The media loves to obsess over GOP divisions on the immigration issue. What they fail to note, however, is the Democrats are equally divided. (A Breitbart award to the first reporter who goes to a union hall to get reaction to today's policy change.)

This is unsurprising because Americans are divided on the issue. We're a nation of immigrants and pride ourselves in being a land of opportunity for those eager to seek the American Dream. We are also, though, a nation of laws and many Americans of all political leanings are uncomfortable with the idea that someone can be "rewarded" by breaking the law. Especially at a time that Americans across the economic spectrum feel acute economic anxiety.

Its a tough issue. Which is why we have a Congress, where the nation's representatives can deliberate and try to find the right policy path. It isn't pretty and it often fails. But, that's how laws our made. We do not enact far-reaching rewrites of our laws by executive fiat. Political expediency doesn't negate an entire branch of government.

The media will no doubt applaud Obama's policy reverse on this issue. I've already seen a few commentators hail it as a brilliant move to shore up the Hispanic vote. But, the bigger question is, why does Obama need to shore up the Hispanic vote? He won their support overwhelmingly against McCain in 2008. Why does he need to bypass Congress and institute a policy that risks alienating working class voters?

Obama's entire reelection campaign is based on pandering to specific blocks of voters. Its all he has left. In just three and a half years, he's lost the ability to talk to the rest of us. He's lost the ability to communicate with our collective aspirations.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2012, 12:00:12 PM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/06/15/reporter_shouts_at_obama_during_immigration_speech.html

Fuck Obama.   This piece of shit won't even answer a simple question. 

"Is this good for American workers?"    And obama melts down like the ego maniac communist thug he is. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2012, 12:05:34 PM »
WATCH: Obama Chews Out A Heckling Reporter
Grace Wyler|31 minutes ago|750|4

President Barack Obama was just interrupted by a reporter during his announcement about his new immigration policy, which will end deportations of young illegal immigrants who pose no threat to national security.

A CNN clip from the press conference shows that the heckler was a Daily Caller reporter, who several people present identified as Neil Munro.

In the middle of his remarks, the heckler interrupted by someone shouting something we couldn't understand. Obama responded with a death stare, and shouted him down:

"Excuse me sir, it's not time for questions sir — not while I'm speaking."

Later, as he concluded his remarks, Obama turned back to the reporter and said sternly:

"And the answer to your question sir — and the next I'd prefer you let me finish my statements before you ask that question, is that this is the right thing to do for the American people," he said, before because it's the right thing to do."

Watch the video below, courtesy of Talking Points Memo:

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-interrupted-heckler-daily-caller-immigration-speech-2012-6#ixzz1xtFpIg6J

The Dictator thug at it again. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2012, 12:08:52 PM »
Dreaaaaaaaaaaaaam.  Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream...

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2012, 12:20:03 PM »
Obama interrupted by heckling reporter
 politico ^ | 6/15/12 | BYRON TAU and DONOVAN SLACK

"Why’d you favor foreigners over Americans?” Munro asked.

“Excuse me, sir, but it’s not time for questions," Obama responded.

“Are you going to take questions?” Munro asked.

“Not while I’m speaking.” Obama said.

Obama eventually addressed Munro's question.

"This is the right thing to do for the American people," Obama said.

"As a general matter, reporters are there to ask [questions]," Daily Caller editor-in-chief Tucker Carlson told the New York Times' Brian Stelter. Carlson did not immediately respond to a question from POLITICO.

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

________________________ _________________

This piece of shit gets another term - this nation is finished. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »

Obama just shoved millions of black teens right off the fucking cliff with this move.  

However, morons like Option FAIL, Andre, blackass, Straw, benny refuse to see this.  

AYE YOU STUPID ASS BITCH

I dont agree with this shit..
Obama just ensured the beeeeener vote for sure..

fucking dumb idiot

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2012, 12:36:22 PM »
AYE YOU STUPID ASS BITCH

fucking dumb idiot

Well - then demand it be reversed.    I already called my reps and plan on doing more.  Don't just sit there - why not challenge this piece of trash for once? 

When Bush was prez and tried amensty for the invaders I was calling my reps daily, sending letters, etc as did many other repubs and we fought it off.   Same w Dubai ports, Harriet meirs, etc.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2012, 12:38:03 PM »
Well - then demand it be reversed.    I already called my reps and plan on doing more.  Don't just sit there - why not challenge this piece of trash for once? 

When Bush was prez and tried amensty for the invaders I was calling my reps daily, sending letters, etc as did many other repubs and we fought it off.   Same w Dubai ports, Harriet meirs, etc.   

Bitch fuck you. Reverse that

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2012, 12:45:12 PM »
Bitch fuck you. Reverse that

Obama uses blacks like human toilet paper and you just keep asking to wipe wipe wippe and wipe

Fucking pathetic.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2012, 12:48:26 PM »
Rep. Steve King to sue Obama administration over new immigration policy
The Daily Caller ^ | 6/15/12 | Matthew Boyle

Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King said Friday that he plans to sue the Obama administration to halt implementation of its newly announced selective illegal immigration law enforcement policy. He told Mike Huckabee on the former Arkansas governor’s radio program Friday that he successfully sued his own state’s governor — and won — over a similar separation-of-powers issue.

“I will tell you that — I’m not without experience on this — I’m prepared to bring a suit and seek a court order to stop implementation of this policy,” King said

(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2012, 12:51:30 PM »

Meltdown by Gaybama

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2012, 12:55:38 PM »

Obama should be impeached and put in jail.   

Brilliant argument there, Einstein, you're truly the genius voice of a generation.
D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2012, 12:57:36 PM »
Brilliant argument there, Einstein, you're truly the genius voice of a generation.

Congress is supposed to make laws and substantive policies like this and the executive branch enforce it, not what obama did today - WHICH HE SAID WAS ILLEGAL LAST YEAR. 

So did the law change from last year to where what this jerk said was illegal last year is legal now?  hhhhmmmmmmm?