Author Topic: What's the Closest You've Come to Death?  (Read 21497 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: What's the Closest You've Come to Death?
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2012, 08:28:12 PM »
4 years old. Was at Niagara Falls with my folks and baby brother. They were doing something with him, and I snuck away. Things were different back then....before they knew it, they said I had climbed over a small fence, and was standing inches from the edge of the Niagara river. Had I gone in, I would have gone over the falls or drowned. For whatever reason, I just stood and watched, then hopped back over the fence when I heard them yell my name.

Like all of us, I'm sure there were many occasions where I didn't even know I was close to death/murder/kill.
You got lucky dude!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »
Were you really in a coma?

Yes , I have brain damage , 90 stitches in my head , aphasia, memory loss, 1/2 of my face was paralyzed and many other long lasting side effects,

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2012, 08:34:17 PM »
Yes , I have brain damage , 90 stitches in my head , aphasia, memory loss, 1/2 of my face was paralyzed and many other long lasting side effects,
That crossdresser really f'ed you up huh ???

Couldn't help myself. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »
I am laughing at all you guys, non of this come close to my experience, I had literally someone with world power wanting to kill, I mean all he has to do is snap his finger, very scary, worse then having a mafia boss or an illuminati after you, lived in my closet for a month, everyone he has threaten has died, I guess I am lucky, hey you would be scared too if you had gh15 threaten you. ;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2012, 08:37:24 PM »
The AA meetings were the easy part; dealing with the program's 1 on 1 evaluations was where I always had problems. The recovering nut-job trying to handle your case (and your $$$) quizzing you on meetings and the 12-steps - this crazy bitch made my program a living nightmare, adding weeks of additional counseling, because she couldn't read my file to see that it had been completed already. Charging me an extra $600 to pay for said counseling THAT HAD ALREADY BEEN COMPLETED.

I figured out the meetings fast. Take what works, dismiss the rest, and "just stop drinking." That part was easy.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2012, 08:40:40 PM »

And just to clarify, seeing the light was bullshit?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2012, 08:43:35 PM »
hit by an 18 wheeler hauling mulch.   entire mini-van sucked under the front passenger side of the mack truck.  dragged a few hundred feet.  he was going 65 or 70 mph and just ran the red.  all 3 of us walked away.  van completely shredded and flattened. 

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2012, 08:50:47 PM »
Me and a friend were held at gunpoint for the better part of an hour...I had a friend who was managing a Television store at I45 and Little York...I stopped in a half hour before closing so we could go to dinner after he closed and watch Monty Python at his place...Some guys came in shortly before closing and held the place up,...held guns on us and tied us up in the back room,...backed a truck up to the store and started to load...after about an hour past the closing time, the district manager called the store,...This scared the robbers away,...we were tied back to back and the only way to get to the phone was for my friend to lean back while I knocked the phone off the hook...The district manager asked for my friend,...I don't know why I did what I did next, but I said, absolute quote,..."He can't come to the phone right now,...he's all tied up!"

We laughed until the cops showed up...

and I am sure that we would have been killed if the phone had not rang...

Also as a result...I am never chosen to be on a jury.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2012, 08:59:58 PM »
Nearly drowned.  

What was that like?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2012, 09:32:51 PM »
I have a bunch more near-death stories involving me and my brother and our "absentee" parents who left safety to the wind.

Enough for a short story or collection of shorts? Could make interesting reading. Give it a go.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2012, 09:35:08 PM »
I took a speed boat to the middle of nowhere at a NY State reservoir. I found myself near the bottom of a lake because the chick I was with, who was an accomplished college swimmer, kept kicking me down with her legs. I tried to swim around her to get back up, but became disoriented and just kept going down instead of up. I could see above me, and was about 15 feet below when I just couldn't hold my breath anymore. I exhaled, took water into my mouth, but swallowed before I could breathe it (disgusting). In a panic, I tried like mad to get above water before having to take a desperate breath. I made it back up, coughing and hacking and wheezing. If that girl kept fucking with me I would have drowned, no doubt about it. Very scary and tense.

Where you close to passing out?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2012, 09:47:26 PM »
Scary stuff, no doubt.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2012, 09:55:15 PM »
I ride, too. Seems I have a near-death encounter just about every time I'm on the highway. Is this your experience?

No, not really. I rarely ever street ride and when I do I'm pretty cautious. I think that probably comes from having close to 50 high speed wrecks under my belt during my racing career.

The controlled environment of the race track is much safer than any big city urban commute.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2012, 10:42:45 PM »
My friend and I were in Berlin about 7 months after the Wall came down, and we were told to be careful in the former East Berlin because I'm half Asian (and obviously not German) and there was a lot of anti -everything sentiment there at the time. We couldn't find any youth hostel accommodation at all, except for some run down decrepit former communist hotel in the East, so we took it. On the way there we walked past a skinhead rally - hundreds of the fuckers. Some of them looked at us but said nothing. Fast forward a few hours and we heard noise outside the window. A pretty large group of skinheads were standing and drinking in the carpark, shouting "Auslaender aus" (foreigners out). They saw my mate looking out the window, produced a pistol and started shooting at the hotel, and then we heard them trying to kick the door in downstairs.

It went on for a good 90 minutes and they managed to shoot out 3 of our windows. We had everything we could get our hands on barricaded against the door. We noticed the door was completely destroyed the next day as we were leaving, but for whatever reason they didn't come in (or if they did they didn't find us!). I honestly don't know if I was close to dying or not, but it sure as hell felt that way.

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2012, 10:56:09 PM »
Sounds horrifying.
I'm Air Force(non-Special Ops). When shit goes down, they tell us to dive into bunkers.  ;D

Besides my M-4 with one mag isn't gonna do shit.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2012, 11:56:05 PM »
Some  of you GetBiggers are amazing critters.

Difficult to explain why, but my respect for some of you GetBiggers has increased a lot after reading some of the above submissions.

I've been through a lot of shit but nothing as personally serious as some of you have described above.

Most of my "death experiences" have been a result of seeing the demise of fellow Marines under battlefield conditions.

But there is only one I really ever talk about in public and I think it's worth repeating.

We were somewhere a bit south of Hue Phu Bi and a few NCOs were standing by the LZ waiting for a helicopter to pick them up so that they could start their 7 days of well deserve liberty someplace far away from NAM.

While they were standing around shooting the shit we got hit with a couple of 122 mm rockets and one hit the very edge of the LZ  causing a blast which threw them in the air and  broke some rib-cages resulting in the death of one Marine if I recall correctly.

The interesting thing is that one of those Marines was a hard-body, bodybuilder who was close to the impact area and took the blast full force but managed to stand up without the need of any help, brushed himself off and started helping his buds who were still alive but in pretty bad shape.

He was the only one to get on that liberty-bird that day but he couldn't hear a thing the entire time he was on leave. But he was Superman until the day his tour was up.

There was little shrapnel damage that particular day because the impact area was soft enough to allow that 122 rocket to sink deep enough to 'absorb' it. (So the rumors go).

It was concussion which caused the damage and the story went around that he was the only one that day who was hard enough to withstand it.

But in realty it was his flack vest that kept him alive or helped to keep him not dead nor seriously damaged.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2012, 02:45:38 AM »
"What's the Closest You've Come to Death?"

I ate at Taco Bell once... Food poisoned for days... Terrible  8)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2012, 03:15:12 AM »
The AA meetings were the easy part; dealing with the program's 1 on 1 evaluations was where I always had problems. The recovering nut-job trying to handle your case (and your $$$) quizzing you on meetings and the 12-steps - this crazy bitch made my program a living nightmare, adding weeks of additional counseling, because she couldn't read my file to see that it had been completed already. Charging me an extra $600 to pay for said counseling THAT HAD ALREADY BEEN COMPLETED.
That`s enough to make you want to say fuck it and just get drunk!!  :D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2012, 03:33:08 AM »
Inmate tried to kill me while I was working in medical housing (Nuthouse section of the jail).  

he wasn't trying to kill you vince he was down for some suprise sex ;)

Me:
Walked in on a weapons deal a long time ago when I was hanging out with the wrong krauts - was also the moment when I packed my bags and left for good.

Had a gorilla silver back throw an pineapple at my head - it literally exploded on the wall behind me and would have taken my head clean off.

Got dragged into a drug deal with the "wrong" people, guy runs away and I wasn't fast enough buyers wanted their money which I didn't have so they "made" me look for my "buddy" with a knife on my back walking through a busy train station and nobody did a fucking thing, just in the last moment I remembered were i've seen him smoking his cocaine and low and behold he was there.

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2012, 05:34:59 AM »
Almost drowned a couple of times when I was a kid.. Other than that I guess Ive been lucky. Dead on the inside though. :)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2012, 05:38:32 AM »
Spun out doing 140.... Spun twice and when the car stopped I could put my hand out the window and touch the wall. Still trying to get my head around that part.
P

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2012, 06:04:20 AM »
C`mon Vince,I apologized for that and I won`t say sorry twice!  :D

lol......funny thing is that I did run into an inmate that beared a striking resemblance to you
A

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2012, 06:52:24 AM »
I hate to think about it but it was milliseconds and my own fault

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2012, 07:03:26 AM »
c u n t was giving me BIG problems back in the day.  I was on a flight wondering if the plane crashed would that rid my life of her?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2012, 07:11:32 AM »
D-Day 1944: some of these German bullets went straight through me....same thing happened some 25 yrs later in Nam.
Then I decided to go to Med School....